Production Tesla Model 3 Pictures

Here are some pics of a silver production Tesla model 3.

Seems pretty snazzy to me. But I can see how it can be a love-it-or-hate-it sort of deal.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/rm0cj
streamable.com/kjgdm
tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
tesla.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Model_S_New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_201602_en_NA.pdf
youtu.be/ntK3rvVl2Qw?t=1147
youtube.com/watch?v=nSAD7JkSXVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reflector headlights in modern cars seem like a cheapout option
everything should have projectors these days, there's really no excuse

Looks fucking dope except that interior. But hopefully there are higher trims with better ones

short videos
streamable.com/rm0cj
streamable.com/kjgdm

Having no dash seems insane to me

wheels look horrid

I think it'll be easy to get used to. Modern Mini Coopers and Priuses have center-ish dashes as well. Plus, the speedometer is going to be on the leftmost part of the screen.

It's certainly something I'd want to try firsthand before purchasing it.

goddamn
that thing needs spacers in the back

they're probably designed to reduce drag, but I agree, they're hideous
at least the color means they don't really stick out

Reminder that:
1. BMW is coming out with a competitor which will be better, same price, better badge and dealer network
2. tesla is a scam to get gimmiedats from the government.
3. Tesla has the worst userbase and personalized plate faggotry

Bodykit that fixes the horrific front bumper when?

reminder that bmw is shit

It's against Tesla's Terms of Use to modify the vehicle in anyway.

here are some dark grey pics. Also production model.

So keep the original one and throw it back on any time you need service, that's what all the Subaru vapelords do.

I think the front looks great.

Software can detect any modification to the body and remotely report it to Tesla HQ, who can then lock you out of your car and recall it to the factory.

>THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS

get out tesla shill

I think it would look great as a hatchback

the futureā„¢

sick mazda breh

same. Just gotta wait for the model Y crossover.

Here's a pic that shows what the grey one would look like with chrome delete, tint, and darker wheels.

If the new bumper retains all the same sensor locations, there's no way it could tell. It's a molded chunk of plastic.

Where do you draw the line with mods anyway? A 12v phone charger? A seat cover? New tires? Aftermarket wiper blades? Vatozone lug nuts? Stickers? I want to see their verbage for all of this.

It would be able to detect the moment it's removed user, you can't unplug or remove the battery, it's always on.

tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
tesla.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Model_S_New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_201602_en_NA.pdf

I poked around but didn't see much about sticking aftermarket junk on your tesla. The problem is that the AP hardware is built into the car every which way, so as an owner I would really hesitate to start replacing stuff.

This sounds like bullshit
If I own a car and its paid for, I can take a shit in the glovebox and fuck a hole that I cut in the seat. I own it faggit. Fuck you ill do what I want.

1. wrong
2. wrong
3. typical icefag asshurt

cry more
wrong

Doesn't say anything about mods. Dude is an assmad anti-Tesla shill

yep. the future is electric and that triggers him

It looks like Apple the car and is automatically shit.
I'll wait for for some non-Musk-the-cuck electric to buy.

lol, I'm making ridiculous shit up of course, but try and modify the software that runs the whole thing yourself and see what kind of trouble that gets you in. That's what's truly locked down and restricted, you can put whatever body kit you want on the car... for now.

>Modern Mini Coopers and Priuses have center-ish dashes as well.
the problem is the cooper speedo is HUGE and the prius center dash is set way far back
the tesla screen is way forward so you have to refocus

i really don't get why they just didnt do a basic HUD, it's probably not that expensive and way simpler to manufacture than an instrument binnacle

There are some people messing around with model S motors ripped out of junked teslas; without the software restrictions they can really chooch. But yes, it is certainty locked down. One has to remember that it's an expensive family sedan; the user-modable EV is still some years away.

There is some guy who will increase your model S power though, warranty notwithstanding. I dunno how he does it- must be some way of tricking the sensors.

Concern over a fundamental UI change in automobiles is something that we should all have, but at the same time this is the big make-or-break car for Tesla. Elon tweeted a while ago to someone that he "wouldn't care' about the lack of a traditional HUD in the 3; I trust him on this one.

My phone mount I use in my car is right about where the tm3 screen is - I could easily see myself reading speed off of it rather than just google maps. That's just me though.

>i really don't get why they just didnt do a basic HUD

That's why they work at tesla and you don't

It really bothers me that the Model 3 has nothing on the front bumper
I get that they are electric so they dont need a front grill, but at least have something there. The model S and X have black highlights in place of a grill

hey, if you live in a cuck-state like me and need to have front plates it's not too bad.

And I assume by black highlights you mean the "T" details? They removed the big black bit in the recent facelift.

Is that dude in the car like 3' tall?

1. Chinese man
2. tesla seats are really deep, at least in the S I've been in.

here's a comparison of the s/3; the height is about the same

There is no way they could design an electric or hybrid car without a kill switch. They all have one, and the Model S specifically has one in the frunk that anyone can cut without a key for emergency services, and another service disconnect at the high voltage battery so Tesla technicians and body shops can make sure it's completely powered down to safely work on it.

youtu.be/ntK3rvVl2Qw?t=1147

>boring, tasteless design
You know if electric cars became common during the 80's or 90's we would've at least seen some unique designs you could only pull off if you didn't have an engine in front of you. But since every car is doomed to look exactly the same due to modern driver and pedestrian safety laws, this isn't the case at all. Tesla's just look just like any other 4-door sedan could look, except without a grille.

I'd rather have the 0.21 drag coefficient of the tm3 and the "blandness" (that I like) over a unique design that isn't as aerodynamic. Perhaps in five years when maximizing range isn't a priority other designs will come into play, but hey I'd rather go further right now.

Most likely LED units. That would explain why each light has 6 units in it

Kill yourself, Elon. Show me Amber's tits or GTFO.

iirc the S got a couple points docked from it safety-wise since the headlights weren't too good. Maybe they fixed them for the 3

i can put my small dick in that panel gap. i will rape a tesla.

They were unloading these on the I-80 Southbound between SF and San Jose tonight.

Huge tow truck, 2 Tesla Modelle Tres's behind it with their hazartz flashang.

WTF? Highway testing? Owners taking delivery on a freeway?

sure it was 3's?

If they had white numbers in the rear windows they were release candidates and not production models, and the testing would make sense. The first handoff to customers is at the end of the month I think

good morning. Some more clearer pics for your viewing pleasure

some things I've noticed: they've really took the interior up a notch from the S/X. There's more door storage, adjustable seatbelt height things, and bigger cupholders.
Also, there might be a pretty big aftermarket for dash-mounted stuff. Lots of empty space to be utilized.

Anybody remember this piece of shit? I wonder if Saleen will get their claws on the Model X and 3.

won't care till twesla edits.

what the heck is that? it's face is like a Chinese man squinting and smiling a weird smile

Kinda looks like a panamera

Did Saleen do any performance enhancements? Saleen is like a better and less popular version of Hennessy and I actually have a lot of respect for Saleen.
Can't say I like the look but they had to make it look different I guess.

a little bit yeah. At least the front

So much delicious oil went into the production of that

The Saleen 416. Saleen made it a while back for the Model S when it was brand new. I don't know if they still make it.

Different gear ratio's (I'm taking this form their site btw) and some new visual bits. That's about it.

>Muh BMW
BMW can't make an ICE car for 35k why would you think they can make an EV for that?
Also BMW dealer network blows anyway

The interior is very, VERY clean. But it's damned close to outright sterile.

If you ignore the screen and spartan dash, it looks like any other well designed interior imo

So ignore the thing you will be spend a large amount of time looking at. Perfect

was just showing how it's not really radical outside of the screen. And I like the screen, wasn't criticizing it...

A FUCKING WOOD TRIM

>All these Teslacucks trying this hard to defend something that is obviously shit.

This. Tesla will be a basic bitch brand.

>Muh low Cd
>Implying it matters that much at economic speeds

The most shill post yet.

Not all electric cars are cuck mobiles

>Different gear ratios
So they added a transmission then? Because the Tesla's don't have a transmission, it's just electric motor connect to each wheel. I mean you can do things like upping the amperage or adding batteries or adding in capacitors for speed bursts. They could also do aero enhancements and handling enhancements.

It'd be fun to take a P90D and take a suspension engineer, and an experienced electrical engineer, (I am in aerospace and have experience with aerodynamics) and do over the car for performance/track use. The electric motors have real potential tbqh. Maybe offer an optional high power generator that can fastcharge the vehicle as well so you can actually use it for more than a few laps on a track day.

Really shouldn't be that hard to change/upgrade some stuff, but I'm really just talking out of my ass. Fun to imagine though.

The S really isn't supposed to be a track monster. Family landbarge and all. Dunno why people get all told-you-so when it does crappily.
The Roadster 2 will have a 0-60 of 2.0; if they beef up the cooling system it'll be pretty good on the track.

I misread it. All it says is Saleen specific Gears so that probably didn't add one. Also it's power was bumped up to 691hp.

>BMW
>better badge
I don't know, man. I associate BMW with the proletariat.

IT LOOKS GREAT

Been a Tesla fan for some time now but I will admit I hate how they've done the display/dash. I had been considering a model 3 until that setup was more or less confirmed. I'll probably just settle for something else since a properly equipped model S, which I'd rather have, is just not in my price range.

is it the aesthetic or the usage that you find unappealing? Like if it was the same sized screen, same location, but a different "feel" would you like it? Or could the design be the same, but the screen just needs to be in the "normal" position?

because I've found that some people either like the idea of the center screen but not the execution, then others like the aesthetic but not the center screen.

Or some like it as it is, like me. Well, I guess that Tesla doesn't have to worry about it turning away customers for at least a year. Even if 100,000 preorderers abdicate, they'll still have a big backlog to slush through before they need to actually advertise anything

Honestly, this is actually quite good for what it is, but people are paying mostly for the battery. Meaning the material will be shit, the drive quality will be shit, and road noise will be high.

I might be wrong, but there will always be some type of sacrifices made to make a car affordable.

I completely understand its intent though. You should look up the stripped P90D the guy took out and raced people for cash with. They raced like 1/8th miles and he destroys everyone.
Again I know it's not meant for that, but the AE86 wasn't meant to be a drift car, it was meant to be a cheap daily. But it's damn good at drifting.

I might have to read up on that because it doesn't have gears to begin with and I'd be interested to find out how they made more power.

I agree, most of the other things aide from the steering wheel look fine to me. The wheel and lack of gauges are what the fuck tier

>road noise

desu hearing the road and the other stuff going on on the road is nicer than most of it being muffled out by your engine. In the S I've been in you can really hear what you're driving on, if that makes sense. It's quite pleasant.

plenty of real estate to slap on eBay gauges though. The screen already shows you most of what you need to know; it'll graph your performance and power draw and stuff.

>plenty of real estate to slap on eBay gauges though.
The model S and X have gauges, there should be a second digital console behind the wheel. I'd be fine with them shrinking the middle screen if it was necessary to balance costs.

this guy blacks out his gauges in his Renault and creates a mock-tm3 screen with info on it and shares his thoughts. pretty interesting. youtube.com/watch?v=nSAD7JkSXVs

also, it's really not off to the side by that much.

Tesla should have at least done a HUD for the driver.

the whole point is that you don't need one though. You get a less obstructed view while still having quick access to the critical information like charge and speed and such. Having said that, I don't think they will drop the 2nd screen in the s/x. The Y might just have 1 screen though, depends if it'll be priced around the current x.

Okay, and automatics don't need a tachometer but we still include them in every ice car

jesus the original looks so much better with the fake grille its not even funny

Remember though, they did that market research and found that the type of SJW nu-males that buy this car actually WANT it to look weird and distinctive. Then it can virtue signal for them.

LOOK AT ME EVERYONE I'M NOT DRIVING AN ICE DINOSAUR MOBILE ITS 2017 PEOPLE

I think you're in the minority there. I'd rather not have my car designed around legacy ICE features. Of course, other EV car designers take this to mean "let's look weird for the sake of standing out". i.e. the i3 and early leafs

Because Rimac is founded by actual car enthusiasts, who from the get go, wanted to take all the shit they love about ICE cars and apply them to an electric car.

See Early adopters want to look weird for the sake of standing out.

the thing is, theres regulations these days regarding height of the car. if the front looked the same but rounded, without the fake grille, it would look fine.

but they insisted on going with the "I have no mouth and I must scream" design that shows where the grille SHOULD be, but juat has it sealed over, and that looks fucking weird. not good, just weird. it simply looks like there should be a grille

looks good with a euro plate shopped onto it

Those black wheels look horrid
The interior looks so bland and characterless, the tablet is huge and somehow manages to add very little to the overall design.
I can't really put my finger on it... there is something off about this interior that weirds me off. There's no difference beetwen passenger and driver, maybe? Except for the wheel of course.

>captcha: stop the green
kek

one thing to keep in mind is that when level 4 AP comes out there won't really be a difference between the driver and passenger.

It's still a ways off from that though