/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>80% potholes edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>2018 Fit
youtube.com/watch?v=8s3BS-cCVgk

>/hg/ x Veeky Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=VT3UGv6YrEM&feature=youtu.be

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=xnJi7J0i-Dc

>user's blogfag
youtube.com/watch?v=GeZ4iyRKkvc

>Black Lightning
youtube.com/watch?v=NmZaAkeGUD4

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiACgBXUZog
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/1997-acura-el-premium-101km-mint-3250-cert/1282545549
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

>spoiler on its way

Evening nihgas.

Corolla overheating. Again. I think it's still leaking from pressure.

Anyone else over take normalfags on highway off/on ramps?
Over took 5 people in pic related. 4 in the past week. Can take the ramps at 55mph with no problem.

>Get call from adjuster
>4500 dollars and some change to fix the CM5 and expect it back in 6-8 days
>Holy shit she's gonna live
>Adjuster calls back about the front suspension that he left out for some reason
>Car totaled now because $5200 in damage

RIP 2004-2017

She was amazing till the very end, please gray it out.

PREVIOUSLY ON BLUR

>RIP 2004-2017
NOOOOOO
NOOO NOOO NOOOO

F
A16 in the collage right?
What are you gonna be driving?

We tried everything, with aftermarket parts, I was shocked that they were okay paying over $4500 to fix it, i just hope the cash value is good and I can get another CM.

Yeah she's the 04 DX, I'm gonna replace it with another DX if I see one affordable, but getting like Papa Johns user with the LX doesn't sound bad.

I just thought she'd outlast my grandmother herself, such a bummer.

That's a damn shame, but she had a good life. Those cars are literally everywhere so I guess that kills the overall value of it. I swear I see one or two on every single delivery drive.

Any other Hondas in mind? Maybe find a sweet manual model?

This sounds fucking stupid but I was perfectly happy with what I had, midsize with a K24 it was more than I could ask for to be given as a first car.

I fuckin cried randomly for like two days after the accident, it was the only thing that made me happy after work.

Yeah I loved my Civic sedan too and was super depressed when it broke. Though I am happy that it's alive again and being my good friend's daily. It has a bright future with him. Probably getting a manual swap and a real good SOHC ZC in the future.

I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my hatch. I have some weird autistic connection to it. I'm sure I'd be feeling similar to when my dog died last month. Many tears.

You will cry like a bitch if something happens to that hatch, I am just praying the insurance gives me enough to get a CM, i don't want to downgrade to a sohc Civic or Fit, and CM5s with low miles and service records are like $5000.

That's a pretty good deal. I think 7th gen Civic Si and RSX are both in that price range and also have the based K series.

We'll see what they give, if it's 3000ish dollars, I'm going CM, if there all shit for the money, I'll look into the 3000 dollar civic meme, I just need a car.

When that girl rear ended my crx i honestly didnt give any fucks. #yolo insurance money

blog:

Scored a NOS CRX side marker off ebay for 35 buckaroos. Someone bought a dealership and is liquidating stuff.

selling lots of ecus on ebay for some reason. god bless america

I keep forgetting to run a shipping quote on my old ECU. If you send me your address I'll try to knock it out Friday.

Need to bump my Facebook posts for the shit I'm selling. Only sold a tire and my hood. That 4-1 header ended up having a crack in it so I lost on that deal.

No worries man. You can pull the return off of the keychain

Cool I'll post a pic of it on my keys. I should order a nice Honda key to go with it. Using a HY-KO key from Taiwan.

Now this is what I'm wanting. Current key only works for the driver door and ignition. Real bitch when I wanna pop the hatch or passenger door open. I'll put the hatch lock in the new tailgate instead of doing it to my current one.

Fuck noo!
Rip

But the Civic Si has a D-17 VTEC?

F, sorry for your loss.

Pic for proof of ownership of the Civic I posted in the last thread. I wanted to put the 2016 Michelin's road atlas on the hood but the fucking wind kept blowing it off...

Please add this pic to the collage.
2009 Civic Type-S

>i am getting stronger?
ripip. I swear if my car gets even touched it'll be totalled. I've come to accept it.
for an accord that's not surprising in my state. my friend had an 81 accord that insurance covered a 3300$ repair on then covered a 2000$ repair later on it. then the radiator gave out and the engine managed to catch fire somehow. his dad wants to repair it and give it to his younger brother.
point is accords are and should be easy sell like Camrys thus insurance is willing to put money down for repairs on it.

in Canada so the em2 yes but Canadian ep3 is an actual si.
Canada gets fucked in 7th gen because it's just an em2 ex with the sport body kit.

Saw this police chase yesterday, based Tenth Gen Civic already taking people out.

youtube.com/watch?v=HiACgBXUZog

could be worse

This angle makes me feel good. Design has aged so well.

I saw a mexican lady driving an EH2 manual with perfect new looking paint, what a cool car to be able to buy in the 90s.

I just found a project car. It's not a Honda but it's mine.

1990 Nissan 240sx SE

>Get white paint
>get silvia front
>Get akina Stickers
>You Iketani Senpai now

Paid 700 bucks. Engine is 'blown I think'

Bad paint, needs some body work but not much as far as dents and shit. Interior is thrashed

It's my second child now. Pic related is my first child.

Shit with the stickers that might happen if I can make this fucker beautiful again

The front bumper I want replaced with an intercooler cut out

>Liftback
Well you Kenji now then.

I want this kind of thing

I don't understand your American car insurance system.

1. Why is it being quoted at such a high rate when realistically it shouldn't cost that much to fix?
2. What happens to a 'totaled' car in this scenario? Are you still the full owner of the vehicle or does the insurance company take over?

They'll take possession of it, and give me what the car was worth at the time of loss, based on year and mileage.

You can usually buy it back for real cheap and pocket a lot of money.

>im sorry sir car is undrivable/unfixable
>heres what we believe its worth
>oh hey and check this out, its for sale
????????????

got this as my first car

how'd I do?

>Get accord DX as heirloom
>Crash into curb to avoid dumb motherfucker
>Insurance co believes it's worth between 5200 and 5400 dollars when it's not
I'm okay with this.

Is the picture distorted? Your car looks unusually long for some reason, especially the rear end.
Nice car though, not a huge fan of the wheels however.

>7th gen civic
>not hatch
pretty bad

the picture is kinda funky, i might take a it at a different angle one day
and i agree about the wheels, luckily the guy gave me the original 15s

it's the 6th though

honda bikes are great

Oh, the EP3.

We got it, it's the SiR in mapletopia.

Those rims look very nice on her.

That car looks like it's disobeying the law while sitting still.

Would pull over/10

i've been looking into getting a honda/acura for a long ass time now, and i saw this:
>kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/1997-acura-el-premium-101km-mint-3250-cert/1282545549
assuming for a moment that it's 100% 'mint', in totally good condition, would it be worth the price? keep in mind its in shitty canadian dollars

An EL is just a better looking Civic, until 2001 hit and they switched.

If you can find a '97 Civ' for less and in better condition, get that. They are exactly the same, I think.

what do you think about the price point? frankly finding a 90s civic in my area that hasn't been fuckin riced to shit or treated like shit is nearly impossible

Trust me, that's the case with 90's Civics everywhere, not just your City. Still waiting on a mint EG. At this rate I might have to import it from Japan myself.

feels bad, i was originally looking at preludes but they're in even worse shape

That's to be expected. It's the same way around here, except there's no good ones at all. Pick out the one that would take the least amount of work to in-rice, and be thankful you don't live within 100 miles of a ring with a 'Civic' class.
>tfw no EKs
>tfw no EGs
>tfw people still butchering EFs despite their age/rareness
>and they won't stop

Thanks man I love em. Would purchase again.

You got me. Parked in a fire lane because delivery. kek

Temps reached like 111F realfeel today. It was fucking murder. Got dangerously close to having a heat stroke because day shift.

>today
>start my civic right up like usual for work
>park it at work
>finish work, crank civic nothing
>no dome light or door chime with key in ignition
>jump start showed the same results
>everything was turned off all doors properly closed, lights weren't on
>get ride from coworker
Pretty sure it's not the battery so that's a start

battery connections?

Bro said the same thing, negative cable probably torn somewhere. The terminals of the cable and battery looked fine. I didn't look too much since i didn't wanna make my co-worker wait.

>it isn't the Blupra this time

Wew I bet it's something simple.

Eh, save yourself the money. Just pull them out and take them to your local locksmith. It will cost you that much.

>tfw have to use it for work tomorrow
>30min drive with mostly highway
Rip hearing

I think I've got everything lined up, but I just gotta check again.

Will any ECM from a manual, 2001-2003 Coupe, non VTEC civic work, after a reflash, in any other civic of the same type, or do I need to chase down the specific numbers?
Also, how can I tell if the ECM is blown without taking it down to the dealership?

Probably not an ECM failure. Whats your symptoms?

Whether or not it's ECM failure is out of the question, I think, shit's busted. Full on limp mode, most electronics in the car don't work and it won't rev past 2000. At least, I think it's up to 2000. I wouldn't know, the tach doesn't work. Ive read it's a common problem for them, as the alternator jumps gap or whatever if the mount isn't tight, frying the ECM. I've checked most of the sensors, they're all good.

Too late I ordered it early this morning. Not a bad deal really. The one lock that works (driver's door) is feeling a bit iffy from all the use and that set is all brand new. Ignition cylinder is a bit loose feeling, too. It'll be nice to have fresh hardware.

Forgot to mention, if you wanna see exactly what's up, I have a video of it doing its thing on YouTube.
Just look up "Echo friend", the Jews at Google got pissy when I wrote fag.

If its a common problem, thats a different story, but ECM's in general don't go bad. Failure rate is really low

>spoiler out for delivery

What is this Blupra of which you speak?

That dent in the rear panel, you could probably push it out with your hand from the inside or use a suction cup to pull it out from the outside.

tired of driving jalopies Veeky Forums-hg. decided to get something nice for myself. i've always been really frugal (except for the honda projects) so it was time for something I don't have to worry about previous owners rigged bullshit. yes its a v6 but i got the 6 speed mt82. I pick it up saturday but all paperwork is done.

But that's not a Type-R

send me a badge and I'll stick it on there. I'll post bread saturday. also don't worry guys the turbo ej8 will still be completed.

enjoy it dude

Is the transmission still made in China?

>he doesnt know

how many delivery people do we have here and what car you guys use to deliver?
think my job is gonna do delivery and wants me to
d r i v e

Civic was drained battery ._. Left the supra just got home should i drive the civic or supra back? My bro will dive the other car

I'm going to dump a few pictures of my old CB7.

I like white body and black steelies combo.

Would also vinyl wrap or plastidip chrome around windows and grill.

What year ?

She still looks ok for her age. Is she still reliable ?

She was for the most part.

Just booked my shitbox Sol in for the work.
itr cams and what not.

He said when I come to turbo it next year i'd be better off putting the standard cams back in...?

They have got 630hp on a standard b16a2 that's been running for three years.

>Turbo Honda running reliably

For a good while I was thinking about boosting my D15 engine but I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.

Are turbos really that unreliable? I wouldn't need it to run at 20psi or anything. I'd be okay with around 10 - 14psi if it means I can get more reliability.