Have the police killed off car culture in Australia?

Have the police killed off car culture in Australia?

Most cars at car meets these days are close to stock.

People are afraid of getting defected.

People are driving almost stock evos and bikes now and highly modified cars are rarely seen.

I blame the police for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5zTvPkE3c
youtube.com/watch?v=dt3DztU4_E8
layitlow.com/forums/12-lowrider-general/172805-california-laws-against-lowriding.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2_i3sVyvJLg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

California has strict laws like Australia but people chose to disobey them or find loopholes. Like registering your car in Montana to avoid smog.

how much modding are you expecting?

The fuck are you on about, plenty of ricer cunts in my area

I have seen videos of California.

Police tell aren't as hard on you there if you act respectfully.

Likely the case in the major states and cities, but outside of that, I don't reckon. Plenty of highly defectable modified cars rolling around here in Tassie, cops generally won't give you grief. No HWP either. I drove my straight-piped, lowered Skyline around for a year and didn't get pulled over once.

most modded cars look dogshit

I think there are actual studies about why law enforcement is so different than the rest of the world. In the US when a law is made, we almost go out of our way to break it or find loopholes. In other countries, the citizens have a more cuck like thought process and immediately obey the law.

In America police are like

>Sorry guys I have had complaints and need to do my job and tell you to move on.

Australian police are like

>Get the fuck out of here cunts before I defect you all, you have been warned.

Then Aussie people actually defend them by saying

>They are just doing there jobs.

>In the US when a law is made, we almost go out of our way to break it or find loopholes.

That's not 100% true. There are a lot of authoritycucks and bootlickers in America. I do know what you're saying though, because I hear in yurop, your neighbors will actually rat you out if your trash cans are a meter off from where they should be placed.

I'm a commiefornian, and I don't really get our car scene and why it exists. We have a fuckton a strict emissions laws, CHP who aggressively patrol the touges, a leftist culture that generally seems to dislike cars, and yet we have what is probably the best car scene in burgerland, ranging from boosted imports to musclecars and a good helping of ludicrously priced classics.

And the scene's not an anti-californian one - it seems everyone in it is still the obnoxious, egotistic, stuck-up leftist that everyone else, myself included, seems to be in california. It's somehow still a distinctly californian culture, despite almost everything being stacked against it.

Not that I'm complaining.

Only in NSW. Most other states don't have such draconian, ineffectual laws. Despite having the strictest laws in the country, NSW still manages to have a fuckton of driver fatalities.

In other news, they also have one of the most useless and arbitrary driver's ed systems - 120 hours does not a competent driver make. The ACT manages to have simple discussion based classroom shit and somehow has fewer deaths.

Weird coincidences, don't you think?

Victoria and QLD bare just as bad.

The thing that's worse than the fucked up laws are the hive minded bogan police that enforce them without ever questioning why they are doing what they do.

>a leftist culture that generally seems to dislike cars.

Leftist culture doesn't dislike cars.

I think we need to coin the term nuleft...
Because today's lefties are much worse than the peace loving lefties of yesteryear.

and yet every jap shitbox on the road is modified
seems like half of the ss/xr8/xr6ts are too

deaths per 100k is only about 15-20% higher in NSW compared to ACT but people in NSW on average drive almost twice as many kilometers a year. could be worse though NT is something like 4x the average

Not like they were in 2005.

You were probably about 3 years old back then though.

there are more modified cars today than there were in 2005
you have the mental ability of a 3 year old if you think otherwise

the big difference is shouty cosmetic mods arent cool anymore

You can have cosmetic mods with out looking sex spec.

how do these laws sound
no modifying exhaust? what else?

I'm not seeing how someone driving a stock evo is a bad thing though.

Wheels can't be much wider than stock.

You have idiot hive mind police defecting cars with wider wheels defecting cars with wider than stock wheels even though they need them because they make 3x more power.

>no modifying exhaust?
legal

what do you fucking drive lol

Because there is so many of them everywhere.

Having a mildy modified evo is a good way to have a fast affordable car with less things for police to pick on.

the fuck

wrong.
wheels can't be more than 25mm wider than stock without certification.
if you get any mods you've done certified, you can do basically anything to your car.

citation and what state?

>certification
lmao ya okay with needing that?
my car is swapped, slammed and has fuel lines running next to the driver seat how screwed would I be with those mods in australia

NSW
rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

without cert? you're fucked
with cert? literally nothing they can do.

Seats need to be ADR approved.

This means that some quality seats like brides are defectable but the shitty 300 dollars a pair unsafe China seats from supercheap and autobarn (Australias version of pep boys) are legal.

just buy some brides and get Xiu from the sewing place to put an adr approved label on them, counterfiet of course

>needing a cert
Do you have your cuck cert?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5zTvPkE3c
>australia

I can't find anything about certificates in qld.

"For a passenger car, passenger car derivative or ‘soft roader’ (an all-wheel
drive vehicle that may be certified as MC ADR category), the overall diameter
of any tyre fitted must not be more than 15mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle
manufacturer for that model"

We need to get mod plates which are these ugly blue things with poorly done engraving that needs to be pop riveted on our cars.

Still it's kind of fucked up that you need to e deceitful to have quality brides fitted when the cheap china autobarn shit that probably shouldn't be allowed is legal.

youtube.com/watch?v=dt3DztU4_E8
>australia

Fuck the police

I really wish Kylie Lang would die.

i believe that strayas modern car culture is more into subtle and "CLEAN AF" modifications

It's about having the latest model you can afford and the most expensive wheels you can afford.

The bogan and p plater side like to use lots of cheap shit parts instead of a few quality parts though.

I always assumed smog shit existed to intentionally incentivise older cars, since that whole 60's surfer cali aesthetic is so iconic but maybe i'm just a cynic (and not american so what the fuck would i know)

t. Has shit taste

Seems feasible

What happened to the daily australian threads?

Ive always liked stock cars with performance/handling mods done. Nevee got into ricer bodykits

I've only got 1500 and need a car badly, what should I look for? Central Coast cars are expensive as fuck

edgy mate. I bet you're a big tough boy ;)

It died with sexspec

corolla

Car meets these days are kinda like this.

all the cops you met must be dickheads, the ones here are mad cunts

>tfw no actual street racing

Where do you live?

The old guy cops are good but they are retiring and the young ones are tools.

Just go to a track.

South east QLD, I have police in the family and I can guarantee they are just as loose as us

It's not the same lad

That's because of all the spics you have in California.

>incentivizes old cars
Maybe for tuning, yes, but for the average joe it incentives new cars. Buying a used car that's not smog legal can be trouble if you get more than you asked for.

Also OP, Americans are great at flat out disobeying/curtailing laws they don't like. Here in California people will either get it smogged stock and then bolt shit on and sell it after two years or (more commonly) find a sketchy smog guy. If you go to a car meet and make friends you'll very quickly be able to find a guy who will turn a blind eye to your turbo.

As long as a cop can't immediately tell you're running a straightpipe you're fine.

California cops are cooler than Aussie dickhead cops too.

Maybe because they have more actual drug dealers and criminals to stop or maybe they just aren't shit cunts.

I don't know.

Municipal cops, maybe, but CHP will typically ride your ass.

>Maybe because they have more actual drug dealers
Ha!

Explain lowriders.

>Central Coast
Ayyy
Seriously though fuck this place

excempt due to age

No they aren't.

They are basically rolling traffic violations and the fact that so many of these cars exist in california despite how illegal they are proves that california police aren't too bad.

Suspension geometry is not under CARB jurisdiction.

layitlow.com/forums/12-lowrider-general/172805-california-laws-against-lowriding.html

Read this.
You can get a fix it ticket for having hydraulics.

Also the tyres are often illegal as they often aren't as wide as standard.

Read more. You can get a ticket, tops.
Lowriders are most common in places with higher crime rates (Anaheim, Stockton, Oakland). I don't need to explain why that is, you can figure it out.
As a result municipal cops are much less focued on handing out moving violations and more on responding to calls. You don't see lowriders on the freeway, which is why they're allowed to exist. Also they're not as common as you think.

Here's how the California police system works.
County police won't bother you unless you're in their way. If you somehow attract the attention of LAPD you're in for a bad time.
City police for rich areas like Laguna Beach will give you shit if you look like you're not from the area or if you're a minority. If you're a hobo they'll just beat you up.
Municipal police, it depends. Rich areas you'll be fine if you look somewhat upper class. Example: If you look like a rich 20 some and you're high as hell, they'll ignore you. If you look like a drunk Mexican you'll be spending the night in jail.
Poor areas, don't expect too much trouble.

CHP however, if you fuck up in the slightest they'll catch you.

That's why cremshaw boulevard is packed with lowriders every sunday...

youtube.com/watch?v=2_i3sVyvJLg

i blame the money squeezing and liability mentality that is effecting everything the government touches

Garage queens. Also stop curtailing the issue.
If you want to bitch about Aussie cops, fine I have no issue with that. But that doesn't mean you're off scott free in California even though it's illegal. People do the shit they do here because they think laws are stupid and they ignore them. Look at gun stuff for example.

The consequences of ignoring car related laws in America are less severe than in Australia.

Do you not understand this?

i guess thats why australia has half the road deaths per capita of america

That's not part of the debate.

You guys have the fucking entire outback to race.

also a lot more americans get shot to death by police while inside a car than in australia
like, a lot lot lot more

>pulled over for traffic stop
>"license and insurance please"
>reach for them
>"put the gun away and your hands where i can see them!"
>slowly move empty hands back
>"i said drop the weapon!"
>shot dead

Nobody lives there and it's like 12 hours away or more from most people.

Sure. But if people there really wanna street race, why not go there and floor it.

Wheel restrictions
No petrusions (eg wings, canards, aftermarket mirrors)
Minimum of 10mm ride height
Fuck all engine mods without an extortionately expensive engineers certificate, which you'll probably only get if the ""engineer"" does the modding.

They're is but it's all faggot red light racing

Plenty of modified cars around. The only people who seem to complain about the police are those who run fake rota wheels and other knockoff parts, have their car 2cm off the ground and have cannon mufflers. Been pulled over many a time in my skyline, s15 silvia, type r's and smelly rotaries and never had a problem with police.

It's definitely shit but recently I have noticed more nice cars being driven than in preceding years.

I have also never yet been defected despite driving this

If you have to be nice to a cop to avoid draconian laws, you're already living in a police state, a highly defective police state.

Reminder that the leader of south east skids was found guilty of doing a burnout and given more jail time than a refugee who raped a underage girl in a park, bashing her half to death with a cricket bat.

Yes, this happened. I will give you sauce when I get on my computer.

give sauce faggot

So if I'm an engineer I can do what I want?

You have to kiss their ass while they are calling you names and bullying you.

Then afterwards people say they were just doing there job.

Being nice and clean helps/

Yup... Specially in America where people think the only alternative to the police is some sort of BLM riot.
As someone from the far right, police are infinitely more dangerous than blm because the majority trust police.

>Bob was just doing his jobs by confiscating your guns and Trueno, he can't help what the laws are!
Cops may be retarded, but they're humans, and we can all choose to not join a corrupt or unjustified police force. If you choose to join the police force you are scum.

I am kind of over the police can do no wrong attitude.

I think it's common in people who have had privileged and sheltered lives...

I know to some people I sound like a crazy lefty or criminal for saying that.

Well people should hate BLM, and other subversive groups, but the police are scarier because they have actual public support via tax dollars.

BLM can't really locate your position with an easily acquired warrant to track your cell phone because you said something politically incorrect.

I don't really have a problem with BLM I just think it would be more empowering if BLM acknowledged there is too much black on black crime.

holy shit that's slick

Yeah, well, you're part of the problem then.
BLM is populated by welfare queen niggers who want to steal your money via taxes, ban your nice vehicles, and basically fuck you over in every way.