Hey lads codes say i have:

Hey lads codes say i have:
>Cylinder 2 misfire
>be me
>autozone clerk says to replace all six plugs and coils at the same time to be lifetime coherent.
>notsureif.jpg: helpful or trying to sell me more than i need.

Does it make sense to have all sparkplugs and ignition coils replaced or just the one i need?

Anybody have experience with replacing just one cylinder's misfires and how it went afterwards?

Do them all at once you dick fister

okay...who seconds this?
Thanks for your input carfag.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but that's just me.

No one has experience with that because no one is dumb enough to do them one at a time

Generally if one coil pack is out the door, then there is a strong assumption that the others are not far behind.

So, yes, it is generally good practice to replace all of the coil packs at once if you're replacing just one. Same goes for plugs.

fuck it just replace them as they shit the bed

>replace one
>now there's 1 really good cylinder and all the rest are bad and will be replaced soon
>now you have an uneven maint schedule

Imo, its like replacing headlamp bulbs or brakepads. Are you gonna replace just one pad on one wheel, or are you gonna replace the pads on both sides at once?

bad comparison and his car will run fine hes not building a racekar hes fixing a beater

But once, cry once

Get regular with your maintenance

Not a bad comparison.
>replace 15 year old coilpack and plug
>now other 3 coilpacks and plugs that are also 15 years old will shit the bed in a month

then replace them when they shit the bed its the easiest shit to do they might shit the bed a year from now or a week from now hell he might not even have the car when they do

buy once, cry once doesnt apply to this situation

Or he can replace them all at once and they won't shit the bed for a while

so your arguing to spend more money than you have to vs potentially never spending that money coils are easy pop the hood unplug old plug in new

>spend more money than you have to
Again, this is nigger tier on the level of replacing brake pads one at a time instead of doing two/four wheels at once

If was something really hard to get to, like the clutch, sure, go hog wild and replace everything, but coil packs are pretty easy to get to.

if your brakes wear at different levels you need to go through your brake system

forgot to add that this is a stupid comparison your cant compare the two same with plugs and wires

Or its because you're replacing the pads/ shoes one at a time because "shewt nigga da otha ones still mane i aint gon spend mo' money than I need"

dont just throw shit at the problem

actually diagnose the issue and see if the coil and spark plug is your issue

clear the code, swap the coil pack to cyl 4 and see if the code comes back for cyl 4, do the same with the plug.

if it comes back for cyl 4 buy the coil, if it stays on cyl 2 you have another problem

Fine. Buy 6 times, cry 6 times. Idc retard.

if one of your side of your cars brakes are bad the all the others should be too unless your calipers are shot or your wheel cylinder on your drum brakes

>notsureif.jpg: helpful or trying to sell me more than i need.
Move the coil to another cylinder. If the misfire moves then you probably got a bad coil. Since your a poorfag just go to a junkyard and get some used ones, they'll get you another 40k miles probably.

buy once, cry once applies to shitty parts vs quality parts its ok bb

dont go to a junkyard they usually charge nearly as much as a new part for shit like this but these guys have the right idea make sure you got good compression on that cylinder

Eh, he's not a profeshunul, it's OK to man the parts cannon and fire away if you're a DIYer. You should expect more out of someone who's billing by the hour though, although a LOT of those guys will also just man the parts cannon and fire away

>ask for advice
>starts an argument
Shiet. Well suppose i add an option: down grade to cheap car cause i have a 1yr of college to finish.

Too much mental masturbation for an old ass car.
>be me
>have shity starbucks job
>year of college left
>no $ except for Uni
Anybody recommend a cost-effective-repairs-tier car that can get me to point B?
>Won't do saturns...naturally.
>inb4 you call me retarded for not being good at jewconmics. Hence asking your good advise senpai.

you get a cheap used car your gonna have more problems keep your shit and fix it also i cant imagine getting much cheaper and reliable than an old maxima

i don't trust em anymore. bought tire when desperate; paid twice then need. Lesson learned.

ok. Thanks mate.

The maxima is a great car, if you do proper maintenance (replace all spark plugs at once) it will easily last into the 250-300k mile range.

Spark plugs and coils are cheap and easy to replace. Just make sure you gap them properly! Properly gapped spark plugs will GREATLY increase mpg and performance. And start learning how to get every last mile out of your gallon... so stop using your AC, use bald tires, drive like the gas pedal will shatter any moment, etc

I don't know where people get the idea that coil packs are cheap.

If you're doing one plug, do all the plugs.
It would be nice to do all the coils, but if you don't have the extra $250+ to spend on maintenance right now, just do the one you need to. Your new spark will be stronger, but it really won't make much of a difference.

Dont replace anything. Swap the coil pack on cylinder 1 and 2. See if the code moves. Replace the spark plugs if nothing changes and the coil pack if the code moves.

>although a LOT of those guys will also just man the parts cannon and fire away

Jesus Christ this.

>Go to family reunion
>Grandmother complaining that her car won't run with the a/c on
>Says mechanic replaced hundreds in parts already
>Go to check car out
>Run through a basic list
>Pop out IAC
>Stuck
>Carb cleaner
>Moving
>Idling
>Ice cold
>Beautiful

>use bald tires
how does that help mpg?

Bald tires mean you will slide more, and won't have as much resistance from the road. Gripper tires, well, grab the road, slowing you down.

If I'm not making sense there are dozens of articles on it.

One of those handling vs. economy type of things. You can also put more airpressure in your tires than what is recommended. It will make your car handle worse but it will give your car better mpg's.

Yo I checked the plug and its drenched in oil. How fucked am I guys?

valve cover gaskets is what you need. replace the plug with the same one as you took out and put some dielectric grease in the boot and antiseeze on the threads

Spark plug well gasket.
No biggie, less than 30 mins. You will have to replace the coil boot if it's removable. So like maybe 40 total for everything at vatozone.