/hou/ - Night Wave: Making it great again

Welcome back to another Night Wave thread.

Previously on Night Wave For the past few months, many of you know that Night Wave has been quite stagnant, we haven't been doing too much
and our meets in general have been only with a handful of people. There are many reasons for that
which include going to the same areas, having meets at the same time of the night, doing the same things
repeatedly but in cycles.

It's time to change all that, we have become too used to the easy life of mini meets and shitposting on chat all day for easy laughs. Something about Night Wave brought all of us together, it's time to find that reason again, it's time to reignite the spark that is long forgotten, it's time to make Night Wave great again.

Let's rev up those engines! Starting with a meet in Galvestion, special guests from Florida and Louisana : Fiesturd and Shingu.
This meet hopefully will bring everyone out who has been inactive and not feeling the wave. Too long has been since we did anything that involved more then 5 people, so let's go out there, have a nice cruise/wangan to Galveston, take some pics, eat some great food, experience the real wave and keep growing! See y'all the meet.

Galveston Date Poll:

strawpoll.me/13489026

- Euro Wave, hang in there. Haddedam has some big plans coming up for you. Baltic meet soon.

New Videos:

Single Turbo Swap Part 1 & 2
>youtu.be/ugqI1_D4pMI
>youtu.be/5IsFwq7O5RY

Check out our roster (we'll do some updates on that)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

ZeeMaps
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Walkie Talkie app
>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/place/1235-1199 State Hwy 87, Galveston, TX 77550/@29.3270275,-94.7739641,477m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x863f9e2c75a3fa37:0xe98ae90b826e9f4b!8m2!3d29.3270275!4d-94.7729177!5m1!1e4
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

You are a quick lad

For you

>
Prob got more power than me, RWD (I guess), no worries about dents from assholes.

I see nothing wrong with this ride my man

Reposting brainstorms

>8 mile
Isn't Detroit a bit of a long drive for a meet??

Only been to Galveston once, is that the long ass drive down to the turn around area thing with the red sea walls?
>pic related

Nice ride, what's the retail on one of those?

More than you can afford pal.

>if your only source of income is collecting cans

More than you can off-road, pal

looks like saturday is da winner man

>buy shit truck instead of fixing actual car
>gets rekt 2 weeks after purchase
>needs major maintenance
>only swap out bed
>been months without maintenance

Mexican rice at its finest

It's off of Stewart rd, which runs parallel to the road you're thinking of

Saturday works for most it seems like.

Meaning those Florida and Louisana boys need to hurry up a bit.

Continuing Discussion

>Mexican rice
Not nearly enough 'chrome' shit from Walmart/autozone stuck on it

Sounds good.

yea we will have to leave early early morning

If you don't think this is the tightest shit, get out of my face.

Alright fags,

Line em up.
What's the meeting spot?
Is there gonna be a convoy to get to Galveston?
What do YOU want to do there?

Want to make a sand castle that looks like a dick. GO for it.

Literally, DO NOT SAY "LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT"

This is YOUR CHANCE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT

FUCKING DO IT

You aware right. This is basically how things get planned with Veeky Forums autists. Somebody has to finally step up and say something- ANYTHING. People want to go to meets. We're all willing individuals here. If you make a plan, we'll try to follow it. But we can all take the initiative and contribute.

>night wave goes to schlitterban episode

Anyways i want some good cheap seafood if we're going to galveston

If we're gonna eat somewhere, we'd best make a reservation.

>meeting point
I literally only know that one seawall road so I'll leave that up to y'all unless you wanna meet up on the wall itself? I've seen cars parked up there before so cops shouldn't mind. (Pic related again)

>convoy
I'm coming across from Lake Jackson so I'll just meet y'all there

>what do you wanna do?
Have the slowest races ever (I assume drag unless anyone knows a little stage we could attack?), do a bit of crusing?

I could eat seafood for days, wouldn't mind that at all! What's a good (and cheap) place to eat?

Alright fags,

I'll start with the rough draft then.

July 29th Saturday.

We have a meet, at the local HQ at 3:30PM. As usual we chill around for an hour, giving everyone a chance to meet up. We set off at around 4:30PM, move along to Galveston, get there by 5:30PM or so because t r a f f i c.

Note: Those who are close to Galveston (Lake Jackson, Alvin, League City) can have their own little meetup if they want, I can suggest maybe pearland town center or something.

I was thinking to meet up at Build the Wall road too like We can park up on the side of the road with an angle, I think it'll be nice.

We shit talk for a bit then head out

Now I think we should do a run before we eat only issue is where, so maybe it's a better idea to meet up somewhere else IF y'all want do a run first.

Where to eat? A cheap place is Benno's on the Beach, you can get a basket of fine shrimp for $8 or something.

If not then whatabu- no fuck off, we came here to eat seafood

Alright then, what else is on the chopping block?
Do we do butt stuff on the beach?

Oh right, Aesthetic shots. Please bring as much as camera equipment you can, let's record everything possible.

Into the sunset we go and out of to sunrise (if you dare).

Dubs confirm

someone said in the last thread there's a place called shrimp n stuff. i just looked it up and the reviews are nice on google. only issue might be parking. the lot doesn't look the best but seems there's also street parking

benno's also looks good.

Been both Benno's and Shrimp N Stuff,

both taste the same really and are similar prices.

Benno's: A Place to sit and closer to beach

Shrimp N Stuff: Usually crowded and maybe a bit difficult to park as a crew because it's a few streets into the neighborhood.

Where I also saw a white 3000GT.

+

Once night hits, we can touge through the farmlands just like we did on meet 5

Sounds like a good plan desu.

I'll prob pass on any pre-meets since I've got a straight shot down the Galveston, no sense in adding an hour detour upto pearland. (Pic related, road is filled with family slowpokes but it's aesthetic AF so I like it) unless ofc anyone wasn't planning on taking this route for some unknown reason.

Good with eating at either place, if one is suppose to be busy prob the other once since it'll be eating time for everyone leaving the beach from the weekend rush anyway.

Only thing I own that takes photo/video is my phone and I've got no setup to actually record anything beside my hand, but I'll gladly grab clips of anything I'm not involved in. And it does me ok for Facebook quality aesthetic shots.

(We totally need a group pic that we can blur faces out of like an OpSec special forces team, because why not)

Also this, I'm 100% down for this kinda fun.

Let's do a sticker revival.

I know many of you wanted the Houston Crest.

If you're interested, make a post with the name of your car so we can get an idea of how many to make.

>pic related sticker

Fiesta

>want that sticker
>want it for rear window
>can't get stickers till I get a tint
>can't get a tint till I get windshield replaced
I hate being a poorfag

this sounds fuckin perfect I'm so ready, I missed yall niggas

>leave at 4:30
that is literally the worst time for traffic, i was thinking more later like head out at 7. also if you do go at 4:30 what time will the cruise start

If we head out at seven then we risk losing sunlight, meaning we risk losing a lot of aesthetics.

It's true that 4:30 will be bad traffic hour but really there isn't any way to avoid it. We can leave a bit earlier, around 3:30 maybe but even then there will be somewhat traffic.

Idea:

Should we take the Ferry?

There's a ferry??

ferry where?

google.com/maps/place/1235-1199 State Hwy 87, Galveston, TX 77550/@29.3270275,-94.7739641,477m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x863f9e2c75a3fa37:0xe98ae90b826e9f4b!8m2!3d29.3270275!4d-94.7729177!5m1!1e4

It takes you to guess where

guess

THE OTHER SIDE

Throwing an idea out:

Is Nightwave interested in a hill country run near Lake Travis? we could like the cars up along the lake for some A E S T H E T I C propaganda, then his the hill pass. I'll post some views from google on a route I'm thinking about

im down but shingu and i will only be there sat and sun

I'm thinking mid august for this one. Once I get some tentative routes/ schedule outline I can try to nail down a date.

Should we really start at the HQ since Shingu and Fiesturd are coming from LA/FL? Maybe somewhere a bit more central? Just a suggestion.

According to maps the longest the trip from HQ to Bennos would be 1hr 40 mins on a saturday

sounds good to me as long as my schedule lines up

I'm down buddy,

gives me a good excuse to check out the roads for our future texas meet.

On one hand it seems entirely pointless. But on the other hand I've never used a car ferry before so it seems kinda cool.

When I go back to the U.K. To visit my folks I drive 5hrs from London to my shithole hometown, and just about cross the entire country...

Here you can drive over 4hrs and not even cross half the state.

Texas is fuckin insane...

But yeah, if we had a decent group of people in the convoy that could be kinda cool. And my slowcus has never seen a bill bigger than an overpass in her entire poor uneventful life.

I think we'd be able to get at least 5 people as long as there is a plan, doesn't have to be too specific just enough so we know what roads to check out, not to mention the people who live in San Antonio and Austin too.

Good enough for me, always wanted to do long road trips with a few other cars. Top Gear always made it look so fun.

Lol, im driving to Austin to help my sister move tomorrow

f-fe(male)?

>tfw no qt trap imouto

is she (he) single

what map website do y'all plan your routs on? I'm having trouble because I just want to manually enter the roads to take, and not have the website fuck it up by (((optimizing))) my route

Google Maps

You have to separate each the track into different points
so it takes you through the road point by point
without finding shortcuts.

The penis just makes it better

INDISPUTABLE FACT

Damn, I need new tires, coolant hoses, tie rods, and an alignment... My poor wagon won't make it, but I'm gonna take it anyways, because Night Wave.

If I crash and burn, and go back into a coma, please don't laugh.

This guy right here

Real Nigga Wave

>(We totally need a group pic that we can blur faces out of like an OpSec special forces team, because why not)

Second.

>please don't laugh
We'll hold a ceremony in your memory

Everybody hate/rate route. Just outside Austin.

I have a photo of a bunch of us from k1 with balaclavas and helmets of. we don't look cool only autistic though

autism is fine

>wearing your balaclava while driving and waiting outside a house while a security guard sees you

can't make this shit up

Thank you. My family thanks you.

>Donut Plus
You fool, we're trying to *avoid* cops.

autism a best

See if you can name the N I T E B O I Z

From left to right

OtherMustangAnon (previously focus)
Fiesta
Mugen
Neonwave
Volbro

well you got me right

really hyped up for this meet

we haven't had one like this in a very long time

I thought I was done for when that happened. Guy was cool though

>tfw I've worn mine while driving before
>with DRIVING GLOVES™

I've embraced the autism

>all those curves
Why do we live in the boring part of Texas??

Looks good man, depending on traffic/cops it could be a 7-9/10

Cant make this one will the next i have work

I am thinking about scouting it.

somebody better be bringing a lightbar though. It'll be dark

I don't believe you

someone say lightbar?

D E D I C A T E D

ayyyyy

tell scotty you're taking the day off.

My suspension is 23 years old

we all live the shitbox life here

10/10

some faggots from somewhere are fucking with the sign up sheet

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

I'm surprised it took more than one year for this to happen, on a website like Veeky Forums?! That's a miracle.

not even that bad desu

Not even mad, some of this stuff is funny.

Think we found the vandal...

Who adds people to the list? Is it even worth adding myself if possible atm?

They actually edited mine surprisingly well

Not really, we rarely check it anyway but it's nice to see the list of members that were previously here

desu texas roads are boring as shit unless you're west of 35

what is it cracked or sumfin?

also this is 20 min outside austin off 290 going west

Yep

The threads are back to their glory feel

I love you guys

Please don't leave the threads again ;~;

Never again

Veeky Forums is our home