>crash.net

Noob? Buy a gs500 or start here:
→ #

Webms with sound:
#

Previously, on /dbt/:

Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed

thank mr. Skeletal

What would a cruiser with an inline 4 be like?

I wonder if it looks like the rider ia fucking the skeleton over bumps

I ride a 1200 and get 55mpg.

Japanese.

looks shit.

i ride a 1300 and get 38mpg.

i ride a 700 and 40. but i sit in 3rd most of the time for dat roll-on

What bike is best for easy maintenance and repairs?

single cylinders

XR650
DR650
KLR650.

all 3 of those are tanks.

dr650. totally nekkid, air cooled, carb'd

Cb1100

Any newish japanese bike will last long enough for repairs not to be a buy/sell issue though.

Had my first spat of Road Rage yesterday, why are Truck-Cucks so cunty?

Was lanesplitting in dead stop traffic, road is a single lane in each direction with a wide shoulder and a broad grassy patch passed that. Most people are either oblivious or are making even more room.

A silver F150 edges into the shoulder to stop me from splitting so I stop and wait. Traffic moves a head of him but he doesn't move, the car behind me blares it's horn and he finally moves. I settle into the right edge of the lane and he decides to brake check me and come over to the right fully blocking the shoulder.

I stop easily in time and he looks (in the rearview)mad, like he expected me to fall?

He pulls back into the lane and I shoot across the shoulder onto the grass and zip around him.

Somebody had a massive stick up his ass.

Crabs in a bucket.

KLR650 is finicky: water cooling, and balancer likes to explode.

The DR650 is indeed bulletproof, but the XR650 tends to overheat (probably for lack of an oil cooler, which the DR has). The XR400 and DR350 are also bulletproof. All air-cooled jap singles designed before emissions were a thing, and they aren't trying to be super lightweight or powerful.

he's probably got a shrimp dick and a girl that doesn't put out.

He was there first, why should he wait in traffic and you not, just because you are on a motorcycle?

its weird but now i think about it all the times i have had people fuck with me on my bike they were in trucks.

TFW still no riding buddies

I've noticed men and children seem to look a lot at my bike.

They are either intimidated by it or think its goddamn ugly.

Just get a bobber with an inline 6.

If only it wasn't so heavy.

is lane splitting legal where you live?

I don't really care if someone doesn't want to move over for me when I lane split.

That radiator is fucking tiny. I've seen two cylinder bikes with twice the radiator.

thats a flat 6

It's an oil cooler.

It's honda's "muh character and soul" model.

is that a radiator? it looks like a oil cooler.

Oops that's what I meant. If it were an inline 6 there'd be no room for anything else.

Ugly.

Because you can? Filtering should be legal. Why should I have to wait in traffic when I can safely move through it? So long as some angry cunt doesn't try and hit you filtering is perfectly safe.

>So long as some angry cunt doesn't try and hit you
Or a law enforcement officer sees you. That's the main reason I don't filter in Oregon. I have a perfect driving record and I'd like to keep it that way.

Fortunately for me and my bike, we're moving to California in 7 days where it's perfectly legal to filter.

What's the practical difference between filtering and going five-ten miles over the speed limit?

Speed kills. Mostly other people. Riding anywhere near cars also kills, but mostly just you.

Cops turn a blind eye unless they are bucket-crabs who are too scared to ride.

>bobber
>has suspension
>inline
>is a boxer

MINARELLI

>Cops turn a blind eye unless they are bucket-crabs who are too scared to ride.
90% of cops here unfortunately. Most LEOs here have never even ridden a bike before. My city has two motorcycle cops, one of which is part time. That's what happens when you live in a small university town surrounded by fields and it rains like 85% of the year.

>inline 6

Good thing you cover that FLAT spot with your fedora.

Speed difference kills. People crashing into trees at 60 mph die because the trees don't move at 60 mph.

Pretty much every modern bobber I've seen has rear suspension, whether they be custom built or factory models.

Based California.

sorry mate, its a beamer
ugly

No, that's why when he initially blocked me I came back into the lane.

I didn't decide to GTFO until he did his little brake check / block your path manouever.

>moving to California in 7 days

General Area?

Bobber literally means "i took out the rear shock(s)"
If harleyfags have asscheeks too sore to ride a real one It's their fault

Law abiding citizens aren't going 40-35 in a 30, or expecting you to when they pull out knowing they've made the same gap before in law-abiding traffic.

A loud ass bike pulling up through a line of stopped cars, or heading down the shoulder, poses no obstacle and no disturbance, but the risk of rider's own incompetance - inability to ride in a straight line and stop when needed - putting his own hapless body under the wheels of a crossover that does not give one fuck about the helmeted skull it's driving over.

bobber means bobbed tail dude.

just means they make it minimal. doesn't have to do with the suspension. but i would agree that a massive majority of the bobbers are hard tails.

Aliso Viejo. Know where that is? I think out of everyone I've told there's been one person that has known where the town is.

Posting a few pics from today's lil ride.
Enjoy

Unironically should have knocked his mirror off.

In my eyes there is no major difference in risk between slightly speeding and lane filtering. If anything, lane filtering is safer because it prevents you from getting rear-ended which can easily kill a motorcyclist.

I'm excited to move to a place that has better motorcycle laws though, and better weather for it too.

Dump complete

opinions on bar end mirrors? i hate them but most alternatives look worse

just play frogger without weaving

i find that sitting in one late a constant speed is deadly. motorcycles seem to just find blind spots so easily

I just wanted to buy an unmolested air-cooled GSX-R 1100, but literally all of them have been turned into fugly street fighters.

OEM mirrors > *

i don't use mirrors

i had some one my one time and hated them. went back to the stock ones about a year later.

>get bike
>two months later car dies
>too lazy to buy a new one
h-here i go

jesus my english is bad today.

If I end up keeping my FZ-07 I'm going to get bar-end mirrors. The factory mirrors literally just look at my shoulders/elbows. I have to tuck my arm inwards while leaning my head downward and outward to actually see traffic behind me. It's fucking annoying.

same. i just stripped em off my fz

Riding a bike saves that faggot in the truck even more traffic, that's why lanesplitting is positive for everybody.

>hurr I was there first
You must be american.
Who cares if it's legal? I don't expect others to move to let me pass as much as I don't expect them to purposely try to make me crash.
>brake check
I've literally never seen anyone doing this in my life. Not just to me but to anyone else as well.

I still can't believe it's a real thing and think it's an urban legend to troll people, like penis inspection day at school.
>inb4 you didn't have penis inspection day (as if in first world countries you don't go to the doctor already)

Why are americans so stupid? Why is it always the burgers?

bar end are annoying too but for different reasons. pick your handicap.

You've had two months to get acclimated to riding a bike. Do you still feel nervous about it?

>Aliso Viejo
Socal, You'll be getting a desert sled before long. Nice desert dirt down there.

I'm near the dragon/robinsville with a Normie friend for the next couple days if SAM anons want to go for a ride. I am staying at a different location tho

>desert sled
I'm unfamiliar with this term. Dirtbike?

i've only driven my car twice since getting a bike. i'm just excited at the prospect of getting cucked by summer rain on my commute. i've been pretty lucky so far.

1290 oem mirrors are hueg liek xbox

true. gotta take my eyes fully off the road to check them. hate it.

Should clarify I was thinking in terms of accessibility.

some very similar taste going on here lol

I tried running them on my memebike ( sumo ), broke the fuckers off too often. Ended up with PowerMadd handguard mirrors, useless for the most part but I don't break them off all the time.

nice! i want a black front fender and black headlight cover too. maybe even carbon.

Do you have any wet weather gear? If it's looking like it might have a surprise shower that day just pack a little rain suit with you. I recommend a one piece outer layer you can just slip over your riding gear.

That looks a lot like Eastern Oregon. Where was that taken?

The non-condom VFR mirrors are little gateways into infinity. You can see everything behind you, next to you, and probably some shit that's over the horizon.

must be a pain in the ass to look after that thing.

>bird takes a shit on it
>car in front kicks up some mud
>flies splat onto it

I would freak out.

like 2 times a week i look at carbon fiber parts for it.

big problem is i have bought carbon fiber stuff before in the past and it hasn't fit the bike. i was always able to get a refund without issue but its just a big pain in the ass. i want the side shrouds in carbon fiber bad.

Superdukes are awesome bikes, but why do they have to look like a camel?

Not really. It's just an object. I've been hit by plenty of rocks and the paint is very sturdy. I don't even clean it often

look out mountain, Golden, Colorado.

its one of my favorite riding spots thats close to where i live.

>take a YBR125/CBF125
>swap the engine with a 1000cc i4
>???

Why not?

Opinions on the Honda VTR1000?

Yeah, fast one too, good lord blasting across a dry lake bed is good fun.

MAD TORKS
ded regulator/rectifier

in that order

How does it differ from the rvt1000?

Brakes and suspension, for starters.

shitty gas mileage(35mpg highway lmao)
shitty stock cam chain tensioners

Replace the tensioners asap with manual ones and you have one of the most torquey n reliable wheelie machines made in that time period.

>suspension

don't need that on a track

>brakes
ok swap the brakes out, that won't affect weight much.

>overtighten cam chain
>oh fuck, my engine
>-every other f4i owner who fell for the manual CCT meme instead of replacing the failed auto one

>don't need that on a track
???

how come 4 cylinder has shitty mpg whilst 2 cylinder/v twin/single cylinder is quite good?

my mpg's suck. ptwin. riding style is everything

I get 42MPG city.

800c v4.

ah you ride the world's thirstiest sport tourer and it doesnt even go that fast.

Yeah bro I should probably upgrade to a CBR1k

42 mpg city is great wtf