/ovg/ - rFactor 1 Revival

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9keqz9z5F8
segabits.com/blog/2017/07/21/sega-world-drivers-championship-playtest-announced-in-japan/
youtu.be/4B_SKaHGPxA
youtu.be/nOmJ3eJWMB4
youtu.be/kfKKGmy86ag
strawpoll.me/13496947
youtube.com/watch?v=038W2p3eJWM
youtu.be/iX_3NPhrVDI
strawpoll.me/13496947/
mediafire.com/file/6r9kr60s7pnckru/simtraxx_kormoran_0.8.7z
studio-397.com/2017/07/roadmap-update-july-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since Studio 397 took over, the sim has gone from mediocre to superb, I bought lifetime membership at the outset hoping it would get better but since they took over it far exceeds my expectations

Should I pirate GTA V for the hektik skidz servers?
What game should I download if I want a good cruising game but also some racing? GTA seems to have a nice balance.
>Exempt from this list are the few I've played
>NFSU2, NFSMW, NFSMW2012, Burnout Paradise, TDU2.

If you want to play gtav to race, drift and cruise why not just get FH3

>Should I pirate GTA V for the hektik skidz servers?
if theres some kind of mod that changes the car physics and adds places to drive then yeah

Because I'm a piratefag and FH3 stinks without the online elements. Hell I don't recall the DRM has been cracked yet, GTA V, IV and SA all have multiplayer mods that have nothing to do with Rocksterino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9keqz9z5F8

I don't care if someone pirates but jesus christ, how pathetic are you if you make downloading video games into some sort of ideology that denies yourself something you want

That looks beyond horrible.
It's obvious there's no actual drifting going on, the cars literally accelerate and break diagonally instead of at the wheels

s-shut up user ;_; its all I have. I blew it all on this stupid PC.

i used to play competitive gtav racing (no, really) and i tried out the whole fivem drifting thing and it's basically just that they make the grip for each tire so low that you don't have any need whatsoever to control your car since no matter what you do your rear wheels are going to break traction it's pretty dull

>competitive gtav racing
Sounds like competitive farmville

Redpill me on Gravel. It looks like how I wanted the big off-road races on Forza Horizon to be, so how do I avoid being interested? I've already reminded myself it's being made by Milestone, what else can I do?

get an obscure waifu that requires a lot of time to find/aquire pictures of

It's actually surprisingly enjoyable, the physics are just hard enough that getting a clean line really matters and you can disable the mario kart shit so that it's purely whoever can drive better winning. Watch a video of it sometime, it is pretty intense when done right.

Sounds like trackmania but worse

>FH3 stinks without the online elements
see thats where youre wrong. most people cant drive worth shit and you can drift in the parking lot offline without rap on an open mic and the tards in r35s thinking they understand drifting

>so that it's purely whoever can drive better winning
>flicking the stick effectively give extra traction
>kerbs make you go faster
>purely who can drive better
no.

Trackmania's fun because you're going super fast and trying to traverse a ridiculous joke of a course that's trying to kill you as much as possible, GTA's stunts DLC doesn't get close to that level of fun imho
Those are things that everyone involved can do, it's by no means a realistic experience but it's not unfairly stacked with rng in modernity now that people have enough props to block off lamp posts and all. The only real big shame is that Rockstar keeps fucking the car classes up so I wouldn't really want to play it anymore, the game's not worth 70 gigs of hard drive space.

everything you listed sounds like things better drivers would do to win

>so that it's purely whoever can drive better winning
>flicking the stick effectively give extra traction
>kerbs make you go faster
>purely who can drive better
wtf i hate racing games

lol look at this forzababy having a meltdown

>the game's not worth 70 gigs of hard drive space.
hasnt been for a while with rockstars jewry

>exploiting issues in a game make you a better driver
nah.

gta isnt a racing game

@17573383
(You)

well by that logic forza horizon 3 isnt a racing game it just has racing events you can partake in, just like gta5 does. and clearly theyre better drivers if they take advantage of everything the game has to offer.

>exploiting issues in a game make you a better driver
Sure, not every racing game is going to be an accurate representation of reality and using the tools the game intentionally or unintentionally gives you to win is fair play. At the core of it all, GTA racing is fun for the same reason that people like those tourist servers on AC - it's a low-stakes opportunity to get wheel-to-wheel time and that's fun as hell regardless of whether you're playing a high-fidelity sim or a silly arcade game.

youre right, FH3 isnt a racing game.

but it is a racing game because it has racing in it like gta5 does

>whats your fave racing game bro
ghost recon wildlands :)

are you mentally deficient or do you not understand what a racing game is?

>At the core of it all, GTA racing is fun for the same reason that people like those tourist servers on AC-
im not debating that. im not even saying its unfair, i personally consider it an exploit and dont use it but if someone wants to use it its up to them. i just dont think it makes them a better driver

yeah a racing game is a game with racing in it. the devs of both horizon 3 and gta5 both put in an effort to include organized racing as a large part of their game so i'd say they are racing games.
>i personally consider it an exploit and dont use it but if someone wants to use it its up to them. i just dont think it makes them a better driver
oh lol youre a moral high ground loser who will never get good so you do some mental gymnastics and pretend everything youre unable to do is an exploit

In Colin Mcrae 2005 you can make wildly big shortcuts on tracks, cutting off up to 3 seconds. People hosting servers would kick you for not taking a clean racing line. Is it just me or this this logic retarded? The game ceases to be a pure rally game because you have memorized every inch of the track at what point does the cutting begin and end? the navigator even tells you to cut

New wheel user here, what should I set my steering lock to? atm I have it at 540

>will never get good so you do some mental gymnastics and pretend everything youre unable to do is an exploit
too bad im good at everything short of dark souls bitch boi
stay rustled

also is using back on track in the crew to cut the track legitimate just because the game allows it

I use 540 for everything but certain oval shit

You look at how good MXGP3 turned out to be and then get hyped

Wassup niggers
Who finna get rekt by me in da foza horizen 3 awction hawse?
Aw yeee you bitches is broke
We sum big balla ass niggas
100 laps in goliath ass niggas
Run out of gas n still finna smack dat ass ass niggas
Was good, was poppin
Cash me at da awction house
Bet
Ill whoop yo ass

That description fits pretty well. It's still fun though, just not as good as Trackmania.

Every aspect of GTA V can be described like that. Jack of all trades, master of none.

imho the long races are the coolest and one of the best things about TDU/The Crew. How you can have an hour long race that never uses the same path twice. I loved doing the faction races in TC because you could literally be paid to cruise for 4 hours.

are all racists in /ovg/ races really good or are the top few aliens and the rest average lads?

>got a job interview at this simualtor venue where they triple screens, fanatec bases and rims, hydraulic brakes and motion rigs using iRacing
w-wish me luck lads, let's hope my ovg experience will help me

i bet your ovg experience will just make you go
>iracing
when the software is mentioned

all the fast people have been chased out. Now the fast ones are those who used to be mediocre in comparison

aliens realized that instead of racing in series hosted on a mongolian cave painting board and winning imaginary internet pringles they could earn actual money in serious leagues and/or real world racing

gl m8
whereabouts?

Northamptonshire in the UK
Kek, I said in my resume that I have "extensive experience using the iRacing Motorsports simulator software" when I've really used it just for the last month or so

let's hope they don't check how long you have had your account then

Noice, there must be quite a few of us ovg nerds within a couple of hours radius of northants so if you get the job, get us round at some point

segabits.com/blog/2017/07/21/sega-world-drivers-championship-playtest-announced-in-japan/

GLORIOUS RETURN

>arcade

>Trailer is in English

STCC was sadly Sega's worst arcade racing game IMO. It drove really wierdly. But atleast the soundtrack was great
youtu.be/4B_SKaHGPxA
youtu.be/nOmJ3eJWMB4
youtu.be/kfKKGmy86ag

Hecc yea buddy

Alright fags, today is the final race of OVGT6 Bring Your Own Shidbox at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Lobby will be up in an hour or two, and a reminder the fun race is going to be a one lap shootout in the premium miada

Also, it seems people were bummed about landbarges not being the in the running for the next series. So we're going to have one last final vote to decide strawpoll.me/13496947 Poll is going to close when the shidbox race ends. Then what ever is decided to be the next series will start after a week break.

This one sounds like it's going for the BG4T audience, which considering the game has all the simulation value for a coin-op racer...

rfactor horizon 3

hmmmm

What's the landbarge series? NASCAR?

what the fuck is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=038W2p3eJWM

pigfat cars like the 300C, modern challenger/charger. shit like that

youtu.be/iX_3NPhrVDI

I found this shit on YouTube and it depressed me knowing that we'll never get a Midnight Club or Burnout in the foreseeable future because both of their parents companies decided to absorb them into a different game. GTA absorbed Midnight Club and Need for Speed absorbed Burnout. I'm sad senpai.

SJ on suicide watch

PYTBOJ

that's quite cool imo

isn't he already on literal suicide watch?

Doc timer says the race is in 4h by the way. Maybe it's just the mobile app being retarded.

Didn't realise the GT6 series was on, busy playing other shit to participate.
Also, if you aren't voting for Civics then you're a fucking pleb that wants another series where we get the eventual "what defines a landbarge?" argument as someone blatantly cheats.

Club lobby is up lads

just refresh. works on my machine™

well if landbarges are picked i think we could come up with guidelines and I'm going to try to do the bop based on lap times rather than the dumb PP system. I don't know how well it's going to work but we'll see.

Weight is over 1600 kg and it has more than 4 doors.

How can someone function at this level

>What class
>Le sarthe (I think)
>I THINK

>90s DTM league
>LMP1 and GTE

shitbox race in 20 minutes lads

carbon fiber senpai

also vote on the poll if you havent strawpoll.me/13496947/

RACE IN TEN MINUTES
(pls join)

>45 player online races

Honestly too tired to bother with the nurburgring. I would have been good earlier but one-offs race ruin the schedule.

>tfw improving at pretend race cars
slowly shaving time off the lap feels bretty gud

>45 player is the limit
>45 players was also the limit for rf1
coincidence?

>buy WRC 4
>load up a quick race to make sure it works
>"holy shit, these car models are really good!"
>begin driving
>"holy shit, why do the rear wheels have a literal mind of their own?"
WRC 2 was so good as well, how did they fuck it up this bad?

That would confirm some shady Shadow Government conspiracy but we had more than 45 players in some /ovgt3/ races

oh no it's an unreal engine 4 game it has nothing to do with rfactor

how is your car control coming along? rally and hooning made me quite a bit faster in gt3

slowly learning weight shift control. I think I still get on the power too late in corner exits. I've also fiddled around with other cars in the gt3 and gt2 classes. I've really started to like the ferraris because you can throw them into corners really hard I feel.

GT6 seems to have hung so I'll say it here, great race guys. Even if it was a bit hectic at the end.

>GT is perpetually loading
Did HighwayStar get really mad about crashing in the last 10 seconds, or is my game just bugged?

>BTFO everyone so hard my PS3 refuses to return me to the lobby
ebin

>the same devs that made this slow, broken mess expect you to buy a PS4 for £300 and a Prologue for £50
dunno about GT Sport, lads.

Didn't even get to cross the finish line :c

im in the lobby. works on my machine™. But great racing lads. Rain was a bigger meme than i thought it would be but it was still fun.

Upload the replay somewhere pls. I wanna watch the carnage in the rain over and over and over again.

And now that BYOSB S2 is over, gg to blackdog, series winner. ill get you a pringle or something

And with that, the poll for next series closes and it looks like Landbarges and Civics tied. honestly what do you lads think about doing both series alternating each week or something?

A Civic series would be a lot easier to regulate and keep fair, like Miatas.

FINALLY!

Oh ye of little faith

so much fun
mediafire.com/file/6r9kr60s7pnckru/simtraxx_kormoran_0.8.7z

>tfw rednecks do this and I don't

Now I know what I've been missing desu

I still love how I was actually able to pull this off. Corsa must've gotten a boost of national pride.

studio-397.com/2017/07/roadmap-update-july-2017/

S

>Zandvoort is free

A

Over-designed UI/10