Who /reverse park/ here?

who /reverse park/ here?

every time its also easier to parallel park that way

Only in my truck

Fucking annoys me when I want to do it and some faggit is literally right behind me preventing it

Everyone on a motorcycle

I remember kids thought this was cool in high school, if you're good at it fine.

Really you're just annoying if anyone is waiting on you, since there's more risk involved backing into a slot between two cars people tend to do it slower or cock it up.

I still cannot understand that mentality. A lot of people tell me it's harder to reverse park, especially between other vehicles. They don't even bother to practice and get good.

How do they think they'll be leaving? Now they have to reverse out, with visibility being obscured by those adjacent vehicles, into moving traffic that likely isn't paying attention.

Chances are, they'll be even slower trying to reverse out, and a lot more likely to get in a collision. Fucking logic.

>in a parking lot
>faggot in front of me decides to reverse park
>wait for 30 seconds while he continually backs in and out trying to unfuck-up his parking job

I had a job where it was mandatory to reverse park,now it's a habit for me to do it after working there.

Me. I used to be shit at it but once I got the hang of it I began doing it all the time. It's actually much better if you have a car with long front and relatively short rear, like my Celica for example.

>like my Celica for example
Scotty pls

I don't know who Scotty is but you cannot deny that a Celica is as pigfat as it gets, especially in the front.

>Reverse park
>Have backup camera
>Get it right the first time, everytime

Scotty is a youtube mechanic who's become a meme on this board. He constantly references his celica as being better/more reliable in certain respects whenever talking about other cars.

And yeah they are pretty broad creatures, the first time I saw one was very disorienting, front like a boat but it's also a coupe

How does the camera work at night? Legit question here.

Is the latency okay?

Well to be honest, if we're talking about the ST200 gen, the Celica really is reliable as fuck.

It's surprisingly reliable for a car this powerful.

Those are some wide fucking spaces.

It is though. Not once has it failed me over the two years that I've had it for.

Different guy, but mine has no noticable latency to it. The only lightning are the reverse / brake lights though, so it could use a bit more there; its enough to get the gist of it.

yeah whoa just noticed this
op confirmed for disgusting american sprawl dweller

Only because I cannot stand trying to back out if two brotrucks park next to me.

This.

If you can't get it right on your first try you need practice.

Old mans Ford has one. Makes backing up a breeze, although I still find myself using the mirrors as I'm not use to it.

>A lot of people tell me it's harder to reverse park, especially between other vehicles. They don't even bother to practice and get good.
Yeah. Reverse parking is actually the objectively superior way because your car essentially gets the maneuverability of a forklift, which does utilize the rear wheels to turn for a purpose.

>Reverse park
>Have driver and passenger side mirrors
>Get it right the first time, everytime

You say you do it fast, but I'm always waiting on you special snowflakes to pull in. I don't have to brake for a regular parker. Get the fuck out of the way.

>backing into parking spot
>some motherfucker comes up behind me and blocks the space I meant to back into
>inches away from my bumper even though my reverse lights and turn signal are on
>literally just sit there listening to this cunt honking at me until he decides to fuck off

every goddamn time

You were in the wrong.

>not having Rear Hi-Beams™ to flash the fuckers
he wasn't though, not when the other guy was behind him and he had signaled his maneuver

for clarification, by "rear hi-beams" I mean a lightbar mounted on the back at eye level

>pic
Well that's fucking easy.

I will do it always if it is possible. There has been an insurance study that most parking accidets happen when reversing out of the parking spot. So better to do it before when you know where the cars are.

Always.

Far less chance some dickhead is going to start walking behind my car half an inch while backing into a spot than backing out. Also allows me to check out my ride when coming back from the store.

Most places around here have those parking spots way in back that face the store front, angled differently than all the other spots, against a curb. Nobody parks back there, but I do.

>have old car
>can actually see out of it
>get it right the first time, every time

How is it harder or longer to reverse in a spot? Are americans that stupid for real?

It depends on which vehicle I want to teach a lesson. Like when they're not within the specified lines.

When the guy to me right parks badly, I reverse park and block his door.
When the guy to the left parks badly, I forward park.

Depends on the situation
>do I need to access the trunk
>which direction do I want to show off the front to
>always park with the driver side and enough room to the next car
>other cars behind me potentially preventing me from backing up into the parking spot
>road that's hard to back out into
>where is the sun and where will it be when I leave as to not have it scorch my leather and or steering wheel
>do I want to have the exhaust facing my own house all the time

kek

I do it so that I can leave earlier in the morning. Other than that, I just pull in. If I'm going someplace public like a store, I look for those doubles rows that are open, and pull in to the furthest one so that I can drive out.

And people STILL fuck it up

Miata na with aftermarket tie rods and knuckles.
I'm practically a forkhoist without the ability to lift anything at all. Feels goods, until the wheel hops, then it feels bad.

In America, drinking water is a meme.

I am not surprised that any sensible decision, action or procedure is also a meme.

Depends on the car. I have a newer BMW and it's ok at night but not good for more than a couple feet of visibility. Works well enough for parking.

I'm better at reverse and parallel parking than forwards parking, have more practice doing so
>was military driver
>"always park in escaping-direction"

Don't do this unless it's obvious the guy was the first one to mess up the parking situation.

When I drive my Safari I tend to find I can't start fixing the poor parking others have left for me. It's simply to wide to not hug, or cross, the allocated space.

My Legacy isn't a problem and it'll squeeze in wherever.

You'll find spots that require parking like an idiot just to fix what the guy left for you.

Let's see here.
Driving backwards into a tight space roughly 120% the space of your car, and have to center it almost perfectly.
OR
Driving backwards into a huge open space that you don't even really have to do correctly.

Parking in backwards in literally an austistic practice unless it's for a good reason. Those reasons may include: trying to save time when leaving, wanting to show off the front of your car, parallel parking, needing access to the hood or trunk depending on place.

I actually went to Target the other day and saw this
>Parking at Target cause I need bottled water
>Person in front of me leaves while I'm getting out
>Some guy is waiting for that spot and backs in
>Uses his parking sensors so his car is like 6in from my front bumper
>He's not straight in the spot at all either
>Go in and get my water, come back, wait in my car on my phone
>Out he comes with a cart full of groceries, like a shit ton
>Timetowatchtheshow.jpg
>Fucking cart won't fit between either of the two cars she's parked next to
>He leaves it in front of her car and comes to open her trunk
>almost has to sit on my hood to open the damn thing
>Needs to make like 10 damn tripa from the front of his car to the back to put groceries in
>Literally could not be laughing harder
>He puts cart away and goes to leave and almost pulls out and hits a car driving by because she didn't fucking look
>Sideshaveenteredorbit.webm

I always just pull through.

That's the one thing I like about older vehicles, windows larger than a peephole.
I feel blind in new cars.

All the time, it's eaiser than driving in frontwards (more manuverability when reversing) and you can leave without being t-boned by an SUV driver updating their facebook.

My first car was an Acura MDX from before backup cameras existed. Once I learned to park that fucker reverse, no car since has been a difficulty. Honestly, it was easier to park than modern SUVs because it didn't have blind spots the size of the fucking moon along both sides of the car.

100% these

I feel it's easier to back into a spot because I can see the lines in my mirrors the whole time whereas if I pull in forward if I'm on the line in a tight space I won't see it right away

this

>Lines not straight
>Lines not parallel to the curb
>Car not parked in the middle of the space
>Parking spot spastic/family spot sized without the markings
This picture triggers me something terrible.

>Lines not parallel to the curb
The word you're looking for is perpendicular. Parallel lines never cross.

I did indeed mean that, thank you.

>Out he comes with a cart full of groceries
>the two cars she's parked next to

You parked next to a trap?

Lol I caught that too.
That's what happens when you're a phone poster at work.

>practice and get good.

I have a narrow garage (two single doors). Have to back one car in so driver's door swings toward middle and I can get out. Lawn mowers and storage along either wall.

I have to back around my heap parked in the driveway. Six inches to spare between mirrors and garage door jamb. No problem.

having oblique lines is good, specially for longer vehicles

Only niggers don't reverse park.

ALWAYS NIGGA

GOTTA BE READY TO PEELOUT FOR SHTF

>Six inches to spare

That's normally what we have driving down the road at regular speeds

You only slow down when you know you can't fit. American tourists stop for every other car and create huge lines of traffic.

I have been, since I started doing grocery delivery in late 2015 driving 3.5t Ivecos.

I can probably count in my hands the amount of times I've parked forwards

I'm scared to do it and always backed into a spot.

if I do groceries and can't back into a spot that has a footpath behind (to give access to my trunk) instead of a car behind then I just go home.

how do I get over my fear of parking forwards?

I also feel like I can't judge the distance from the tip of my car where I end up leaving too much of a gap the times I've parked forward. yet I can judge distance backing in fine.

we have to reverse park at work

the only time it sucks is when you have one of those giant ass chevrolet express passenger vans. the dildos who rent them never adjust the mirrors and since they're non-powered it's a needless pain in the ass

Valet driver?

if you fuck up the distance, you'll notice when you get out
if you're too far into the aisle, then just hop back in and creep forward a bit, no problem

>if you're too far into the aisle, then just hop back in and creep forward a bit, no problem
it's always embarrassing getting back into the car to repark

I park forward in the car so I can put shit in my trunk.

In the truck I back in so I don't have some dumb cock honking at me while I back out because you can never see if anyone is coming while you're backing out with other vehicles on both sides of you.

"Driving backwards into a huge open space that you don't even really have to do correctly." isn't the problem. It's having shit visibility when doing it, and having to do so into moving traffic. Perfectly fine though if your area isn't densely populated, or you're there during very slow hours.

Also, you imply that reversing into a spot straight is difficult. What do you drive?

If you can judge distance when reversing, you can judge distance forwards. You just need to practice. I believe in you, user.

>backing into an empty spot is risky and holds people up
>backing out of a spot is somehow more safe and doesn't hold anyone up
LOL liberals.

Who ever backs together jacks together. It just depends on the situation. It's just choosing when you will back up your going to do it eventually.

I find reverse parking difficult on modern cars without a backup camera. Horrible visibility. Sure, one can adjust the mirrors to see the parking lines.

>I also feel like I can't judge the distance from the tip of my car

Duct tape some vertical sticks to your bumper and practice by slowly inching into a bush and noticing when the sticks start bending the branches.

>one car has mirrors so big that I can see the parking lines without adjusting
>another one automatically angles the mirrors down when you reverse

feels good man

>he can't pick which mirror angles down when you shift into reverse

manditory at work.
"first move forward".

it is ingrained in me now.

you literally can only park in reverse if the road or the parking space itself is narrow.

>his mirrors don't automatically angle down when in reverse

I've got a 2017 Civic hatch and it works perfectly fine at night

I'm not implying it's difficult. I'm just saying once is substantially easier than the other.

It's like fucking your mom and your dad. They're both easy but the one gets a little hard during the action.

I only reverse in. Bad happenings the first time I went in front first.

no lie: i actually have a hard time parking head in (non reverse parking) [srs]

I fucking HATE this 'feature' in any vehicle.

But why? It can be turned off anyway.