/loz/ -The Legend of Zelda General

Terrible Fate Edition

WARNING: SPOILER BOMBS EVERYWHERE browse at your own risk.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0krxH0dWhU
zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/
youtube.com/watch?v=jps5_TcDAcc
youtube.com/watch?v=vISBI_C_bJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I HAVE NO IDEA

Marin.

Seriously though, Termina was damn near modern in it's technology and ideas.

>Sound and lighting systems for stage performances.
>Intricate pluming and heating systems
>Motor boats that may have been steam or even fuel based.
>Complex machinery such as the clock tower
>Electricity
>Financial institutes
>Postal system

Anything I'm missing?

>Link hands the postman a letter to Midna, just as a type of catharsis for his departed friend.
>His reaction when he receives a return letter the next day.

I wish someone would rip this thing's model from Mario Kart.

Reminder that Midna is not a princess, you fusty slatterns.

If you want to add Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland into a definition of Termina, then they even have some level of computer technology.

UFOs, if you want to count that, but also the observatory with the giant telescope hints at a decent understanding of astronomy.

OH, and the observatory too.

Fuck, probably the only reason they never bothered to invent motorized land vehicles is because everything is already less than a days travel from anywhere else.

Only reason hey haven't gone to the moon is because it looks kind of pissed off.

>You won't get to play BotW as a Great Fairy keeping Link in a bottle.

Couldn't have come up with a better reason for Link to be emotionless in this game? Several of the Links showed more varied emotion than he did.

>Financial institutes
Does the one dude on the side of the street who doesn't seem to be affected by time travel really count?

It's a way of letting the player self-insert. Link just doesn't disagree with whatever you want to feel.

>Observatory

youtube.com/watch?v=s0krxH0dWhU

ahh memories

Here's an OC screencap I took!

He's affected by time travel.

The stamp on your head is not.

Controversial opinions?

the wild set actually looks good, and the shorts are not gay at all

NOTICE IF YOU'RE GOING TO POST THE NEXT OP.

Replace News post with this.
zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

>SHING

You're about the land the killing blow on this Lynel, what do you shout before you let loose your arrow?

>Rosa will never be your girlfriend.

Koloktos is overrated as fuck.

"planned economies are generally inefficient"

Nothing, because I'm fucking Link, and I don't waste words on the dead.

Did Link return any of Rosa's affection, or was he just using her?

What's the most common sound Link makes when he's in bed with another woman?

Jump attack.

RYU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

>another woman
>another
Uh...

He was clearly only using her, unlike his date with Marin

As a figment of his imagination, Marin was basically Link spending time with himself. Sex would have just been masturbation. Marriage would have been a form of tax fraud.

Marin wasn't of Link's imagination, she was a part of the Wind Fish's dream.

Marin was created from Link's memory of Zelda. Windfish had the magical power, but Link was the designer.

God I always loved that music.
I wanted more excuses to hang out in the observatory.

The Terrible Fate version was fantastic as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=jps5_TcDAcc

youtube.com/watch?v=vISBI_C_bJw

Anyone going for all 900 Korok Seeds after the Korok Mask comes out? I'm at about 329 now, and use finding them as a way to wind down during the day after work. Pretty comfy.

LETS SAY FUCK!

I dunno. I've basically done everything else in the game. I'm not sure why i would need more weapon slots at this point. If somehow I decided to start over on hard, then I might suddenly care about it, but so far nothing about hard mode seems like any kind of fun.

Is there a an area I can pick up a fire rod, or do I have to kill one of those wizards to get it?

>and the power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.
>that's the only buff it gets

Call me picky, but I personally liked it activating when near a guardian or blight shit. Made it feel more unique.

Fi is working as hard as she can.

Bitch just got off a hundred year vacation.

What we know about Botw Link 100 years ago:
>Youngest person in recent history to be appointed as a knight of Hyrule
>Spent enough time in Zora's Domain to have many of the locals know who he is
>Injured himself enough times to the point of it being acknowledged by Mipha
>Drove back a lynel near the domain
>Impressed the king with a feat that convinced him to appoint Link as the hylian champion
>Met the deku tree at least once
>Followed around Zelda as her personal bodyguard
>Met with each of the other champions at their respective divine beasts
>Killed a bunch of monsters and yiga with only the master sword
>Opened up to Zelda about trying to be the "strong silent type" in order to hide his own insecurities
>Fell in battle in front of Fort Hateno
>Has a big appetite

There are plenty of conclusions you can make from all of that, but that's all the concrete evidence the game gives.

To me, it sounds like Link was assigned to help guard the east reservoir lake after being appointed as a knight. He gets injured often trying to prove himself, but the King notices him after he manages to fend off a lynel single-handed. He is happy that he has been acknowledged, but still nervous due to his age, the amount of times he was injured at Zora's domain, and the weight of his new responsibility and thus grows quiet.

Why do all weapons glow blue like Sheikah tech when they break? Is this game a simulation?

So let me get this straight: as of the recent patch, SOME NFC stickers will brick you, like Fierce Deity and other things that aren't out yet. Does the same go for stickers of Amiibos that are out, like Smash Link?

Unless the second DLC won't bring in new lands and ganondorf in person it will be shit desu.

Reminder SS Zelda is the best Zelda.

Yes

no

The next logical step for the series is a Wind Waker setting with the BotW engine, with this visual style.

Wait really? I can get bricked for using an NFC sticker of an Amiibo that actually exists?

Wat. Means?

Well the NFC stickers really aren't amiibo.

that's actually a nice observation and a good question

I think it's for it to be distinguishable when that happens.

They use the same exact code though. Can Nintendo somehow verify that?

>ancient proficiency + 3 attack potion/food + guardian weapon
>2.7 damage multiplier
Jesus Christ
Why is this allowed?

no it doesn't brick where the fuck are these people getting this from. My Smash cards work fine but the spoofed majora's doesn't

It comes from the general paranoia that develops when you're up to no good.

This is your girlfriend (fish) say something nice about her

If she really wanted Link so badly then why didn't she just ask?

Certainly there's at least a few Links who would have been dtf

>shout
I don't shout, rather I make sound effects with my mouth to imitate the fancy sword sheathing animation from Twilight Princess.

>Link would have probably married Mipha is the calamity never happened
>The Calamity wouldn't have happened if Zelda got her Hylia powers
>Zelda never would have needed Link as a bodyguard if she got god powers as she wouldn't have needed to travel to pray
>This was the only way to ensure Link and Zelda fug

WAKE UP SHEEPLE, HYLIA IS A FALSE PROPHET

>Marry Zelda
>Implying I won't dress up as a guardian and score the chick who broke up with Roscoe

D E D
E
D

Why is this tuning me so goddam on?

>trap
>NTR
>female the one being cheated on
>danger of being caught
>is Hudson asleep or not
>what'll he do if he wakes up
>what'll she do if she wakes up

>dlc announced
>thred ded

Unreasonable expectations?

Can someone explain to me why the fandom tries to force the games into timelines? What's the purpose?

honestly once I got used to them, I liked em. dyed the tunic and hat crimson and left the shorts brown. he's a cutie.

puzzle ribbon

Story DLC is tainted by Mipha fags insisting she'll come to life and low expectations of people saying it'll be easy and beaten in a single sitting

The first pack is less than people expected despite being par the course for hard mode because people assumed paying would give them more. The outfits are nice but not £10 nice

Reasonable expectations, shit product.

because people like to talk about the games that they enjoy and the lore is one of those topics?

it's not a difficult concept, m8

eventide style cave of ordeals sounds cool.

What's the generals opinion about the DS zeldas and SS? I really liked the DS titles and Skyward Sword was my favourite zelda before BotW but it seems that this opinion is very unpopular.

There is literally no reason to like or play Phantom Hourglass when Spirit Tracks exists.
Skyward Sword is a fun game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's linear as ALL FUCKING HELL and it honestly has a too high number of >that part, but I played it three times and had fun three times.

>Can someone explain to me why the fandom tries to figure out the not fully disclosed timelines the games are placed into?
Here, I tidied up your question and removed the complex question fallacy. Your second question should answer itself now.

Terrible shyness?

So I've heard it said in several places that had the Hero of Time done nothing at all Ganondorf might have put the hurt on the races to try and get the Spirit Stones his plans would've fallen apart as soon he got to the Master Sword due to being unable to pull it out and having no idea where or who the person who could do it was. Also he'd be more likely to be discovered and executed

I still have no clue how Dorf reached the Triforce. Did a portal open after Link pulled out the sword or something? Did it just float down from the ceiling?

Apparently pulling the sword opened the sacred realm up for whoever wanted to whoever wanted to stroll right in. Dorf is a sorcerer so he'd be best able to access it if anyone could

Yeah, not exactly. He wouldn't have access to the sacred realm at that point in time, but find a way later. He found one way in the downfall timeline.

It's most likely a portal or the correct moment to conjure a portal. Notice that OoT Link travels to the sacred realm after every end boss. The temple of light is in the sacred realm.

Did you make sure to delete all your photos before she found out, /lozg/?

the question is in his attempt to find it he's at greater risk of being exposed than he was being in the background waiting for Link to do his footwork for him and swooping in at the end to claim the prize

aside from quest pictures all I have is pics of Gerudo buttocks

Well it's certainly implied that he rang the alarm bells early enough for Rauru and his pals to trigger a lockdown. Since he's called a "thief" I think he tried to do it stealthily, similar to his OoT approach, but still messed up at some point. I like to think that the downfall intrusion was still much better prepared and Ganondorf read up on the Triforce's splitting mechanic in order to avoid it.

I think once one reaches the Sacred Realm it's not hard to find and touch the Triforce. The sages most likely responded to his attempts to cross over and locked him in. In OoT he was too fast for them. He touched it, cursed, and jumped back out before the sages locked the door. Then he killed all the sages except Rauru, who was out of reach.

I don't think he even knew who Link was and what he was doing. He only got a brief glimpse of him along with Zelda through a window, after all. Judging by his behaviour, he didn't remember himl when they ran into each other after Link got all the spirit stones. It seems like it's only after he rode off that he thought "wait a minute that kid", connected the dots, took a huge chance and then found the door of time wide open. So he did catch a really lucky break, and he probably didn't even plan on it.

No, ganna max out my inventory and have the rest come as a surprise.