/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Meido edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 1/5/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

danganronpam.tumblr.com/post/159740135464/fun-fact-about-ndrv3-9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mugi!

Kokichi!

Is fast!

Posting best girls!

Post space man.

Yeah, I think there's going to be some form of Anti-TDR organization popping up, because ending something like this for good isn't just as easy as telling people to stop watching. TDR isn't going to want the games to stop even if the people are stopping watching it.

Also, I think Kiibo will come back in some shape or form. It'd be easy to bring him back.

That would actually be kind of cool, the survivors joining some sort of resistance, maybe meeting survivors of previous killing games if they are actually alive.

Kiibo's AI is stored in a nearly indestructible black box, retrieved by TDR from the wreckage.

Screencap this.

Who's to say they can't? It's the truth that this killing game is being broadcast but just because it's called reality TV doesn't mean it's like an actual game purely for entertainment like Survivor.

Thinking about things in a different way is important for V3 in my opinion, especially if you consider that 53 games exist but Saihara's file had something like drawings for murder tricks for 50 of those and later ones used photos.

Going at it logically we can then say it's possible fictional killing games existed in the past, but something led to real deaths happening in later games: In sum, the argument here is that '53 games exist, however there is nothing to say all 53 were exactly the same'.

I'm really confused about DRY and DRA. I mean, their existence alone could basically invalidate half of the 6th trial, seeing how it would apparently be about Yumeno performing her magic tricks.

I think they were just tossing ideas around.

Remember when Junko was too much of a Saturday cartoon villain to be taken seriously even though she did a lot of damage, and now TDR is probably the new Junko in that it'll be a recurring villain and we might pretty much be going DR meets 1984?

How happy would you be if it turns out a good part of SHSLs are opposing TDR and killing games exist to get rid of them, but some work with TDR or are neutral?

>The V3 world is completely peaceful and without conflict, like Tsumugi said
>TDR has used widespread brainwashing techniques to keep the populace under control and without resistance to their power
>Dangan Ronpa is one of those methods of control by letting people have an outlet for the desire for the despair and violence that's forbidden under their governmental control
>By convincing society to reject Dangan Ronpa, Saihara has forced the population to also reject the system of peace that came along with it
>This does two things: creates a faction of people that now has a desire for violence and despair that isn't channeled into watching Dangan Ronpa, and a faction (TDR) that wants to regain control over the population through reestablishing Dangan Ronpa
>As Saihara and Co. are alive, TDR just can't mass brainwash the population into "remembering" that they love Dangan Ronpa, so these two factions begin to clash
>Because of Saihara's actions, social revolts occur- riots, anarchy and mass unrest happen as the battle between those who want Dangan Ronpa and those who reject it begins
>Saihara has started the collapse of a society and government, throwing the country into chaos, and becoming a symbol of that revolution which destroyed society
>Saihara is the SHSL Despair of this world

Speaking about novels, is there any character you would like to know more about besides your favorite one?

TDR can always find away to grab the audience back or atleast bring in a new audience like V3 was a way to bring in the console gamers audience.

As for Kiibo, yeah it's possible he could come back in some shape or form but I'd prefer not because it would kinda cheapen his sacrifice. Though without him as it stands, I don't see how the survivors will fend off against TDR since again Maki won't be enough. Their only chance of survival is to hope there's some group out there who's trying to fight TDR. Kinda like Future Foundation was trying to fight SHSL Despair.

Yeah. I mean there has to be some survivors remaining from the killing games right?

Pretty sure Kiibo will come back. Robots/AIs just don't stay dead in this franchise. Junko's survived the goddamn apocalypse and Alter Ego survived an execution and went on to become part of the NWP.

Yeah, but they were apparently thinking about SHSL Yumeno and Amami, which is kind of weird, considering we are supposed to think that SHSLs don't exist in the V3 world.

>How happy would you be if it turns out a good part of SHSLs are opposing TDR and killing games exist to get rid of them, but some work with TDR or are neutral?

That's a cool idea. I'd be pretty happy.

Tough question, I'd like to know more about Korekiyo's travels but Hoshi's involvement with the mafia sounds fun too along with Amami's discoveries.

> Yeah. I mean there has to be some survivors remaining from the killing games right?
To be fair we don't know if previous killing games had real deaths save for V2, but there may be rebels out there who are aware of what TDR is doing.

Honestly, I think Maki would really benefit from the Fukawa treatment, which could be possible considering she is obviously Kodaka's favorite. She developed a little during V3, but not nearly enough, and I think her character actually has potential if explored further.

It could just be exploring what their HICKSHONal memories are, aka what they remember their lives being before they went into the game. It'd feel a little pointless to read through it while knowing it's all entirely fake, but that might be how they'd go about it.

>Who's to say they can't? It's the truth that this killing game is being broadcast but just because it's called reality TV doesn't mean it's like an actual game purely for entertainment like Survivor.
Not him but that's what it's set up to be though even though I agree that there's probably more to it than that which we'll probably find out in future content.
>Thinking about things in a different way is important for V3 in my opinion, especially if you consider that 53 games exist but Saihara's file had something like drawings for murder tricks for 50 of those and later ones used photos.
He had exactly 50 photos?

>Going at it logically we can then say it's possible fictional killing games existed in the past, but something led to real deaths happening in later games: In sum, the argument here is that '53 games exist, however there is nothing to say all 53 were exactly the same'.
If the recent pictures in his lab showed off more realistic killings and murders then yeah it's possible that the games may have started off as just fiction and no real deaths.

Reminder that Chiaki is still and will always be best girl
She got revived as an android and is now playing games with her class on the boat.

Besides Ouma, I'd like to know more about Kiibo. Namely, what he was originally built for if not just being a camera for the show, why he was made in the first place and why he looked so different in the prologue beyond just a different set of clothes.

Are robots like this common in the V3 world? Are there more Kiibos? Is he actually dead or is there a backup of his AI somewhere? If everyone auditioned, why would a robot choose to join a killing game and why did his creator let him?

Exactly, it would feel pointless, which is why I can't wrap my head around them tossing ideas like this around instead of something else like V2 that would actually help establish the brand new universe we know nothing about. Something like DR0.

Spaceman!

I would be fine with this.

To be fair it doesn't necessarily mean they had talents. Just that they were doing things that they liked.

It's a cool idea but this is Kodaka so prepare for him to fuck up the potential of it.

>tfw the survivors destroyed the world

What was said was that Yumeno's novel would be about believing a fraud magician's trick being seen as magic and Amami's is just him travelling to find his sisters. This doesn't necessarily have to mean that they were SHSL. even if their stories would ring off similar to what we know of them.

>tries to end suffering and cruelty through abolishing the killing game
>ends up causing a civil war and becomes a symbol for the cause

I want this to happen so badly. I love "hero accidentally becomes the villain" type plots.

You guys are probably right, I'm thinking way too much about this, I mean DRT and DRK were never really relevant in the end, with them not even being included in the official timeline. I'm just really bummed out because we will have to wait forever to get answers to this HICKSHON clusterfuck.

This was a given this series has to give everyone some kind of shsl talent so TDR being shsls should come off as no surprise to anyone.

I'd want to think so. I mean if you count out V2 since for all we know Amami could have been among the 2 survivors left, then you have to wonder how the other survivors are holding up. Though if it wasn't real for their games then maybe they didn't feel resentment towards TDR and maybe even joined them which would be even more scary.

Probably just for the DRK and DRT backstory treatment. Kodaka clearly wants to leave V2 away from Sato and others since you'd think he'd want to have DRA be about Amami's killing game instead of Amami's sister adventures since the former is what has most people wondering about and I'm sure he knows this. Terasawa definitely does.

Same, it would be great if the two factions are both morally grey and there are no real good guys.

Yeah I get what you mean but DR is pretty much living off merch like this. As DRK and DRT exist despite not really being relevant to the actual story but just backstory purposes, DRY and DRA would fulfill the same purposes. Story progression like DR0 and DR2 would be left to things like V2 and whatever sequel or whatever comes after V3.

Best match for Kiibo
Saihara even hugs him in his Space Mode ending, how cute is that?

Yep. I really don't expect it to happen in a serious like Dangan Ronpa, but having to choose between joining the revolution side and continuing the war, knowing it will cause countless fatalities, or joining TDR to re-establish control but accept Dangan Ronpa as a necessary sacrifice to keep the peace would be a really interesting moral choice to make.

Kiibo is cute with everyone because he himself is so cute!

>tfw despite the shitty plot twist in the end of V3 anons still come up with better ways to deal with how this effects the world than Kodaka
>Kodaka will unironically fuck this up in the next game and make an even more retarded twist to it

>implying Kodaka is skilled enough as a writer to produce something like that
Sometimes I think you guys should consume other media instead of expecting these grand things from DR.

I mean, wouldn't you hug the tiny moebot?

oh god chihiro is cute

Yeah.. If Kitayama or someone competent was in charge then it would be possible but this is Kodaka we're talking about. Too bad because these ideas would be really interesting.

Let us have our pipe dreams.

Sucks because really, really interesting things could be done with the fallout from V3 in society at large.

I honestly have no idea what Kodaka could be planning with the series, all these wishes we have are obviously never going to happen, but I just have no clue what else he could do with all of this.

The lore has potential to make up for the dumbass twist but Kodaka will inevitably make it worse. I mean the government could get involved along with other things. Actually now that I think about it if they did want to make a game post V3 about the survivors, what format do you think it would be in?

An UDG type game sounds best for worldbuilding. Maybe not another FPS but something similar/not in the visual novel format.

I would say UDG2, but that is very unlikely, a conventional visual novel would probably be boring for a series like Danganronpa. Kodaka talked about an RPG, so maybe that?

Same. I mean he said he won't be doing DR forever and then you get this shit from V3, so really don't know how he'll go about it from here. With V2, you could potentially get more insight and maybe learn that there were many contradictions to what V3 told us or with a post V3 game, you'd wonder what TDR would be planning to do next. Another killing game despite what happened?

Just watch the episode White Bear from the series Black Mirror

Pretty much same core premise as V3

Got this from last thread. What the hell? I thought Saihara being put in the LGBT section was just autism.

There will be no game post-V3 and we'll get on the Zanki Zero ride instead

The thing with V2 is, even if it happens, it resolves nothing about the story of V3, something definitely needs to happen after V3 chronologically, he can't just leave it like this. I'm guessing he will eventually finish this universe and then DR will be done for good.

Kodaka mentioned talks of an RPG along with a fighting game so maybe for the former he'd take full advantage of it versus the little taste we got of it from V3's bonus mode. I mean it's the only other format I could see this working on since I highly doubt they'll go with a shooter again like UDG. So essentially we'll be stuck with Saihara, Maki and Yumeno going about this new world.

I wish Kodaka had just gone with his original idea of having no epilogue and the implication that everyone died in the end so we wouldnt end up with people demanding another sequel.

I actually hope they experiment a little like they did with UDG, it wasn't amazing but it was fresh at least.

Yeah this. Let the series die

It would exist to at least explain and maybe contradict things we thought we knew about V3. V3 ended off completely vague on most things. But clearly a killing game post V3 wouldn't make much sense with how things ended off unless TDR found some other alternative. But yeah he clearly wants to expand this universe if talks of DRY/DRA isn't obvious enough. But when he finishes this new story or even the next game, he's probably done with DR for good.

It wasn't his idea, though. The producers were the ones who didn't want V3 to have an epilogue

He doesn't entirely reject Kiibo's declaration of love in the hotel either and outright hugs him in the final prison mode event, so he's not entirely adverse to not quite straight shit.

Agreed. Now it pretty much guarantees more games.

>DR1's color theme was pink
>DR2's color theme was yellow
>UDG's color theme was purple
>V3's color theme was rainbow
>Next DR's color theme will be monochrome black and white
Next game will close off DR for good. Kodaka ran out of colors.

But even without the epilogue, there's the implication that they did survive. The rocks that they're under wiggle a bit and Kiibo smiles after they do, so it already implies they survive even without the epilogue.

True, seeing a killing game besides V3 would give a lot of insight, he also wouldn't have to use much of the story to build up the new universe, since V3 did that already, similar to how DR2 could get rid of some twists right away and was able to focus on different things. But there still needs to be some conclusion after V3, he can't just end it with them standing in the middle of nowhere saying that fiction can change reality.

Also the whole point of V3 is that every person who plays it comes away with a different interpretation of it and everyone demanding an explanation of everything needs to be executed.

The producers should have written this story...

You mean just how the ending of DR1 was left up to interpretation?

True. There would have to be some conclusion after V3.
>inb4 it's an anime to close off the story like DR3

Now, it's going to be a Pokemon situation.

That's basically DR1 though.

>Kodaka decides to go full hack and reset the whole universe where everyone from the games, anime, novels etc are all alive.
>it's his way of going full pandering and fucking off from the series for good
How mad will you be?

I won't because the story was shit ever since DR2 and DR3 ruined anyway for the series to be taken seriously when he just revives people for pandering purposes.
V3 looked to be different but following the same formula along with the retarded twist made me like the series less.
So if he revives everyone I think I won't care I just want it to end.

It'd be too hilarious to be too mad. That level of "fuck you" is just funny.

I just want DR to be dead at this point so I can get off this ride desu.

Pokemon situation?

What if v3 is just NWP from DR2 many years later?

Kiibo is worst bot

Pls no

50 files! danganronpam.tumblr.com/post/159740135464/fun-fact-about-ndrv3-9

It's just tossing ideas around, I wouldn't call that confirmation of anything.

That's true...

> In before it's older former SHSLs versus SHSLs, some thing it's better not to reveal the truth while some disagree.

Well, if the games were previously symbolic it might have been normies playing as SHSLs which is why detectives are brought up in Saihara's audition video as Kirigiri was in DR1.

What do you guys think of the VR theory?

>It's just tossing ideas around, I wouldn't call that confirmation of anything.
It's the best we have now especially since they seem set on their ideas if it happens.

But really even then I still don't think their novels would mean they're SHSL.

It better not happen. Let them stay dead. Might as well revive the DR1 and DR3 characters while we're at it. Let death mean something.

I'd hate it. But probably just laugh at it.

Former shsls doing something or being important to the plot is something I've wanted from DR in a long time.

I'm neutral about it. I wouldn't mind it if it was something like "if you die in the simulation, you die irl", though. I just don't want them all to come back to life like nothing happened.

Well we had DR3 but then again that didn't go well....

Half of them don't even use their talents in the story or get any backstory.
Hell do we even know what was Tengan's talent?

if he pulls this shit, then let those who survived the killing games from the previous universes get some kind of persona powerup as a reward.

That's why I said it didn't go well.

>Hell do we even know what was Tengan's talent?
Who even knows. They never bothered to explain how he was able to do all those crazy moves of his.

They'll just asspull more letters, then it would turn into gems, then who knows what.

Tengan 's motives weren't complex but his talent was the guy can
>hack into a computer with his mind
>fight Munakata while being old as fuck
>predict that Fedoraman will need to open his hand to save Kirigiri
>Predict that nobody will harm Mitarai during the game
>manipulate Munakata and turn him into Raiden
What was his talent?

He is the original SHSL Analyst.

SHSL Mindhacker

>DRV5 will have a ruby theme
Like this?

The FF didn't do enough to impress me although that's more the fault of DR3 than anything. That being said even if the government was mostly normies it'd be fun if some SHSLs actually agreed with them while others don't.

SHSL Delta is the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Please no....no more DR....

Are you sure? Because Kiibo's explosion really do look like it destroy everything within the cage, school and even survivors.

>Kiibo exploded
>everything go white
>credit rolling
>the end

A split decision between SHSLs supporting the government and their Gifted System along with TDR and SHSLs who's against both groups would be interesting.

I would really like that since it's a great way to make the conflict more morally grey without making it too much like SHSLs versus normies which makes no sense anyway. Perhaps it could be kind of like Gundam where he made a decision fitting to the ideals of his talent to survive, and some may be more materially motivated if the world is in such a bad state government sponsorship is pretty much needed to survive well.

Of course if so I'd wonder why someone like Ouma seems to be against TDR's ideas the most given his talent but he's a mystery.