Porsche Boxster

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Porsche Boxster. What advice can you give me in regards to what I should look out for?
Mileage, year built, etc.

look out for dicks in your ass faggot

Quality comment. Fuck off.

Watch out for the IMS Bearing

Make sure that you're not buying a BOX but rather a BOXSTER instead haha because theyre German they might think you mean a box and thats a super easy way to lose a few moulahs in the least

Summer

well its actually quite chilly in my country right now but I do wish it was summer haha not because I get a school break (I work at a guitar store where I sell guitars all day but theres air conditioning so its alright) but I bought some new shorts recently and I cant wait to break them in if you know what I'm saying

The 981 was a ginat step up from the 987 in every regard, also the last generation of flat six Boxsters. Personally, I'd stay away from pre 987.2 automatics, the tiptronic was abysmal, the PDK is awesome.

Memes

You need to be 18 to post here

>The 981 was a ginat step up from the 987

What updates where there that was such a giant leap for manual drivers?

You know, stuff

I can't give you a list, but I've driven both (both manual) and the 981 just felt like it's no longer a poor man's Porsche. Obviously, the newer one was newer, but they both had around the same mileage and everything in the 981 felt more crisp, the steering, the brakes, the shifter. The interior didn't look as cheap, the entire design of the car looks like actual thought and love went into it, unlike the generic old Boxster and Cayman.

What's an "ass faggot"?

Have you been in a 997? It has the same interior as a 987. The 996 and 986 also share the same interior
And would you look at that, the 981 and 991 shore the same interior yet again

This extends to other parts as well like the steering rack, brake system, etc.

You should look out for a 911 and buy one of those instead

>I drive the least expensive car in a luxury brand

>engine in the wrong place

>Have you been in a 997?
Only the GT3 RS. And obviously, they share the same parts across several models of the same generation, every manufacturer does.

Literally the same car who cares?

Straight white men do not drive convertibles.

Not him but I do

Straight white men are the only ones who drive roadsters

Straight white men who are financially stable

>RR is wrong
go buy a sequin miata if that's how you feel sweetie.

>Sweetie
Is this some Tumble meme?

I don't know? I've never used it.

Failure rate is like 10% on a few pretty specific years, less than 1% on the rest and with the 981 or 987.2 (whenever they introduced the new 9A1 engine family) it's gone completely, since those have no IMS bearing to fail at all.

It's a real and very serious problem, but at this point if it was going to fail, it'd have done so already (unless the car in question is a garage queen that's sat still for the majority of its life).

People who are confident in their sexuality drive whatever the fuck they want.

why do people bash the miata for being a gay man's car when this exists?

Because you touch yourself at night

I own an NA miata and kinda don't understand the hate for roadsters in general.

People who usually bash the Porsche Boxster either can't afford one/never driven one or even have driven a Porsche 911.

I assume its mostly people with insecurity issues.

Brand new Boxster starts at $52k so.......

People who bash roadsters in general are insecure idiots

The boxter is a good car, my partner has a new one and he loves it. The 4 pot on the new car is fine, minimal turbo lag. The convertible roof is great, only like 15 seconds to wind in your hair (well not mine, I'm bald ha) so yea go for it.

>my partner

god dammit user we're trying to break the stereotype here

>my partner

I love the boxster! My mum let me drive it once, it handles like it's on rails! Wish it was a manual though.

Ugh, it's the 21st century! Grow up.

He gets a lot of compliments from both men and women in the car (sometimes too much) haha

1. don't
you'll hate it in a few months

I have the 09 Boxster S and i know a guy with a 15 S. I love mine and he loves his. Do see a lot of Camens on the road too. You will be happy, imho.

>responding to bait