The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Tactical and Strategic Music:
>youtube.com/watch?v=IV8adjIlP-o
>youtube.com/watch?v=9om_Axeqwq0
>youtube.com/watch?v=sfXqKHaZwLs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PoAHtO8iXWM
dragonpunk.org
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Alien_Life_Forms_(Long_War)#Heavy_Floater
youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Doomguy

>Mutons steal mercenary plasma
>Mutons are stealing our guns

snek

Do you set your soldier's armor according to their class /xcg/?

/vr/ is mocking your god

Did you guys ever bother making board-tan characters and shared them?

i try too i definitely did it more in xcom 2 simply because i could save cosmetic sets

we did its in the character pool in the op though we didnt get too many

Just to be clear, I'm talking about shit like /co/, /a/ or /an/ board tans not /xcg/ self inserts which is what I saw in the doc.

maybe? its got the advent girls and what not in the pack but other than that maybe its not what you are looking for

Yeah, I think this is something I have to do myself. I'll share it with you guys after I'm done with this Community character pool I'm making. I was thinking of having /tv/ characters because of how large a pool that'd create but the face options is disappointing.

/tv/?

XCOM:EU is 66th on Game Informer's top 100 RPG games list. Not going to link because game informer is retarded and the list is even more retarded, but still thought you guys should know. What a great RPG XCOM:EU was

I mean come on you had levels, you got XP for killing enemies... it's pretty much a RPG t b h

>EU
>not EW
shit list desu

youtu.be/PoAHtO8iXWM

Reposting for burger hours.

Has bagel said when he'll upload the old TNX vods?

NOW, STALKER

and dice roll combat
checks every single rpg box

What are some overhaul mods that aren't Long War? I remember someone was working in one with mages and shit

which gaem

spectrum green if X2

For those of you who haven't backed Phoenix Point and can't comment on the Fig, are there any questions you'd like to ask Julian and the team? I'm thinking of gathering some questions from a variety of places and posting them as an organized batch to the Fig comments page so Snapshot Games can answer them, and I figured you guys would have some. I'm currently wondering:

1: How will ballistics work? Julian said the game would have actual modeling for stray shots rather than XCOM's hit/miss and that's it, but the tactical gameplay looks more similar to XCOM remakes rather than the originals, so I'm wondering how he would make it work.

2: Will there be neutral human forces, like Xenonauts had?

3: How will research work? Will there be a UFOpedia like classic X-COM?

4: How will stealth work? Aside from silenced weapons like the crossbow, are there any other mechanics?

So those are mine, any more you guys want to know? I know one user mentioned wanting to see actual gameplay rather than footage, is there anything else anyone would really like the campaign to show off?

how will the insanity work, will it have long lasting effect or just a few round effect during combat like confusion

Only question I have

dragonpunk.org

Yes, I was talking about X2.

I can't think of anything in specific and i'm bad at wording myself, but one thing i haven't seen many people talk about is cosmetic customization for your stuff. Everyone knows, fashion is the end game of every game.

DOOM weapons fucking when?

The fuck is that, an ME3 gun?

Looks like it is probably the LW2 Holotargeter.

Do you think the new expansion will add vehicles? If so would they be used in combat or just for reinforcement transporting during cutscenes?

How do I tell if it's a 40 ayy or a 20 ayy large landed? Like is there a difference in the maps for transports and harvesters?

Yup, I like my power rangers

Literally all we know about the expansion is that includes some tilesets with water (specifically canals) because some assets from it made their way into Shen's Last Gift before being patched out.

Other than that, we know nothing.

>aching for a new campaign
>no expansion in sight
>no 1.3 in sight

>water (specifically canals)
>in a game under alien government
Water Hazard v2?

I'd be OK with this. It might be the sign of some kind of coastal tileset if those are sea locks for docks instead.

Steamdb has a huge amount of depots being active, number one being a firaxis_qa build but also several others (such as baseline) that would hint at an expansion definitely being in the works.

(As well as two unannounced DLC depots associated with XCOM 2). I guess we might get an announcement at E3?

>I guess we might get an announcement at E3?
Only thing I'd want more is Serious Sam 4.

The other option although I am hesitant to even mention it because anons have a tendency to latch onto any hope, however small, is that they announce it around May 25th, which is when the "Advent Future" website went live, teasing XCOM 2. June 1st is the anniversary of XCOM 2's proper reveal, with E3 having the gameplay demo.

Basically, in terms of XCOM 2 publicity, we're coming up on the times they've used before and we have severe Firaxis Activity in steam QA builds associated with XCOM 2 so...

Keep your eyes to windward lads, all hope may not be lost.

Is there any X-Files episode where someone just beat a MotW to death with a flashlight?
Because that's what I'm trying to do right now

I'm trying to to Gangplank in LW and boy, is it fucking hard. It's my first Long War playthrough and I don't think I have the means to even attempt this mission. I have few laser guns and no advanced armors yet, and honest to christ these ship aliens are just wiping the floor with the lives of my soldiers.

Do you think that at this point I should simply drop it and try it on a later playthrough when I know my way around LW a bit more, or is the reward this mission gives too high to let it pass?

When are you gonna finish the base assault? These are funny and all but it's been like a week.

I don't like the DLC missions and I'd advise against enabling them in general. They're very hard if you're going in blind, and if you learn the tactics for countering them [by failing a lot or watching videos], the rewards are too big. The campaign shouldn't be decided by 4 preset missions that you memorized.

Plus on a first playthrough when learning the mod you probably don't want the added headache and added savescum incentive of learning special missions too.

>/vr/
losers still use that board?

Thanks, I guess I'll just ignore it. It honestly seems way out of my reach.

I did gangplank in LW with ballistics, had to spend about 20 turns suppressing each disc while my sniper whittled away at it. Those 1% shots through suppression got scarier and scarier as the mission went on.

I like Zhang and Annette too much not to enable the DLCs. The Furies mission is some bullshit depending on what alien tech level it spawns at though. Can make gangplank look like gatecrasher.

Aircobra and Typhon are some real assholes

>level 9 leader Heavy Floaters are called Archon
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Alien_Life_Forms_(Long_War)#Heavy_Floater

Deepest lore?

I never did The Furies, not even on Normal playthrough. I dread to think what it even implies. I'll try it on this run and see how it goes. If it looks like an impossible feat I'll just avoid it like I just did with Gangplank.

Furies comes after deluge, you have to rescue three psionic civilians in 12 turns or less by pushing through an abductor filled with ayys.

I used a concealment scout to disable the kill timer thing and took my time moving up. There is a boss thin man and boss heavy floater lurking so it pays to take caution.

I am almost sure that Scully did that once.

Against a zombie? How'd that work out? I have one of those coming up next in my campaign (I saved at the beginning of the battlescape with two in sight range). Toughest mission I've run into so far was a massive gang fight that I took a van full of kelvar equipped agents to. Starting to have more monster sightings and cult apprehensions than I can keep up with even after building a third hangar right off the bat and using 2 vans and a car.

rest in pizza you beautiful bastard. His death taught me a lesson though: either I just witnessed the death of the unluckiest piece of shit scout in the whole universe, or aliens on Overwatch with Opportunist cancel out Lightnin Reflexes' evasiveness.

They don't cancel it, but the move from 3% to 8% is a significant increase, and gets into the double digits for shots after the first. And more importantly opportunist lets them crit you, so you need impact vest.

you got unlucky. Opportunist makes it roughly 50% (multiplicatively, not additively) more likely to hit through lightning reflexes.

It works by taking the first overwatch shot and multiplying the percentage by .1, subsequent shots are multiplied by .3 IIRC.

Well shit. You'll be missed Hex. You were pretty good.

Impact vest confers shock absorbent armor and is only available to assaults. What this user means is chameleon vest, which is unlocked by seeker autopsy and new combat systems.

>Improves the Lightning Reflexes perk:
>Reduces hit chance of the first reaction shot by 95% instead of 90%
>Reduces hit chance of further reaction shots by 85% instead of 70%
>Grants immunity to critical hits from overwatch fire

The timer doesn't start immediately, you can move up to the the non-exploded car without triggering it. By waiting there with with ITZ snipers and chucking battle scanners whenever you get a sound alert you can really clear out some trash mobs

Ah yes I forgot that. With careful play you can make it easier to complete the mission.

pistols are useful

THIS CIVIE JUST KILLED MY AGENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>when the agents trying to save you from the aliens violate the NAP and you kill them

daily exalt post

Not bad

I just read a bunch of those Phoenix Point stories, and apparently they're going to go full Mythos with the game? Didn't expect that, but it is pretty cool.

I wish EXALT would have been deeper than "lolol xcom we fite u make cuz we wuz illuminati and shieeeet"
I can't wait for PP's faction system

EXALT is underrated

Wakaliwood voice mod when

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

I can't wait anymore. I should just play 1.2 should I?

spam "expansion when" to jake's twitter

I've spent the past few weeks playing other games

I'm still totally burnt out on long war 1 so I've been playing mirror's edge and mass effect

>Veeky Forums pass owner accidentally posts
>tries to delete post in the hopes nobody will notice

I'm on to you

My captcha is being dumb and won't load. I meant to say I ran out of games for the time being to play.

Were they mentioned at all in the novel?

How fucked up would psionic soldiers be after XCOM wins the war? Could they live a normal life?

weaning myself off of savescumming has been exciting experience

Oh cool I get those. They suck

>>Ayys are our friends

ayy wat

A continuation of yesterday's conversation I think psi people would probably be better off than the bio and mec troops probably not mentally so but we don't really know what kind of psi Xcom uses and whether or not it makes these people schizophrenic

>becoming literal wizards irl
>bad

>Just finished an EXALT Covert Data Extraction with no wounds or casualties
>Didn't even have to hit a single transmitter
EXALT are you even trying anymore? We have Lasers and armor straight out of Halo and you're still using bullets.
Its always fucking Thin Men.

when someone gets hit and can't retreat due to panic, the mlg thin mint snipe is guaranteed
I should pack smokes more often..

Cavalrymen in XCOM when

I wish to deus vult ayys

>How fucked up would psionic soldiers be after XCOM wins the war?
There's no evidence they would have any issues.

nearly everyone is fatigued and I got van doorn mission in May, taking bets on this team's success chance

I guess the seventh will be a fatigued LCPL infantry, otherwise seekers will ruin me

>that rocket shot
Oh my

the assault has CCS

XXth for Pistols are Useful.

>memerwatch

Didn't have a better pistol pic at hand.

Get your life together user

OK

Yeah that's the good stuff