when

we really should compile an OP

>link to site
>link to mods forum
>its mount and blade in space
>good mods like 4x features come with 8.1 in a few days/weeks

>good mods like 4x features come with 8.1 in a few days/weeks
months you moron, months

I finally finished the tutorial bit without losing all my supplies.
What are noob-friendly* things I can do early on to learn the ropes?

* with or without combat, I don't care

When hell freezes over if you keep asking like that.

>tfw the russians are more reliable on cracking this than random anons posting monster girl gamu
Feels gr8 desu

cracking what?

Industry is a meme.
Its only make more cash and cash is easy to come anyway.

Your head.

Might as well not pick any skills because the game is so easy.

first for bonus situation.

Cracking it yourself takes like 2 minutes

DR-sama will come and make the game hard again soon.

>find mora early into new run
>don't have fighter mods because no shopping run
What factions uses a lot of fighters?

>He isn't a long-distance Salvage fleet

Typical tritach fagets

There's not much point. I can't see the generals lasting that long. It's only picked up again because of the recent update.
The game, even with mods, doesn't quite have the staying power of a finished game like m&b.

Maybe another couple of weeks and posting rate will drop to low to even justify a general. Might have to merge with another.

those frig killers are fucking beasts

Where did you get those fucking centurions? I never see them for sale anywhere and pirates don't use them.

I think I got one of them at either Jangala or an independent military station

I'm 100% certain the first one (Screaming Firehawk) was a salvage find

Only salvage run.
Do you know how hard was to get some fighters for these condors?

>cheating

?
How exactly?

>All those thirsty ships with that little fuel storage

It must be terrifying

You are above level 40, that is cheating.

I only find 2 tankers and only salvage run so its hard.
Yes I change some settings.
I have also 20 non used skill points. So Its like I am level 22.

Just gimme some suggestions

Buy tanker keep frigate or two and take mission to scan derelicts.
Easy money.

max out the first 3 industry skills
kill pirates
salvage ships
repeat

Yup

Railgun/Assault gun and they churn frigates to pieces

The vulcan guns on the ass are a bit useless as they can only shoot off to the flanks, so they're only good for shooting fighters/missiles that aren't going after it

>he doesn't name his ships

What are you, gay?

Electronic Warfare is a seriously OP skill.

Almost every battle, the enemy's weapon range is reduced by at least 15%.

Show us your names user, are they as edgy as mine?

edgy but would be good if you had 4 battleships

How the fuck am I meant to raise Neutrino rep when they never offer any fucking Neutrino quests and they give fuckall for rep for ai cores? Fuck this garbage mod.

I dunno they are randomly generated.
Don't ask about the Eagle.

Can I get rid of a commision? Will it improve relations with other factions? Also r8 my fleet, it's been decimating everything I've come across and I want to get some other factions' ships to make some change.

what's going on with that eagle senpai? pd lasers?

Which 0.8 mods are worth installing? Already narrowed the choice to Diable, Neutrino, Shadowyards, Outer Rim and Raccoon's Arms ?.

>Can I get rid of a commision?
yes, just drop your standing with that faction below neutral
>Will it improve relations with other factions?
no. If you want to have a commision and have good standing with other factions just give them a ton of AI cores. this is specially effective if you´re a Tri-kike, because every other faction has a higher bonus in relations for AI cores. 25 gammas, 1 beta and 1 alpha should put your standing with Hegemony from hostile to cooperative in one go

For people asking how to get my conquest speedy speed boy build.
It was done in 0.72 build. Where augmented engines gave top speed. The character was nearly maxed out in both combat skills and technology which let me squeeze out all the speed, op points and venting and capacity.
Secondly there was no usage of console, or safety overrides.
The only thing used that wasn't standard to the game was the "maximum ordnance" from the Star sector plus mod. Which gave extra OP points that I spent in capacitors.
Combined with the skill that gives you zero flux at higher flux % it let me have top speed while still firing.

With speed being nerfed and all now, I am not sure you can get the conquest to such speeds anymore.

I've been giving the tri-kikes a fuck ton of cores because of the 300% bounty bonus but I've only gotten from -50 relation to like -35

people always underestimate PD lasers, PD lasers + adv optics is a classic move that makes you fairly immune to annoying shit

Posting these because they should always be posted.
Anyway, what do you guys use as your flagship? I'm using the hammerhead with unstable injector right now but want to upgrade to something with more firepower potential.

>stupid fucking retarded braindead fucking AI just sits back and does nothing
jesus fucking christ

Of course, they have the lowest bonus. Honestly I gave most of my cores to independent because they have a 200% for bounty and 100% for relations and their ports have at one point or another every ship you need. then when I maxed their relations I started with Hegemony because muh markets
that 100%+ bonus from Tri doesn´t mean much if you have such a small amount of markets to waste your money in

My missile cruiser does this way too fucking much.
>Can't really do much with onslaught because other fleet's ships are fast as fuck
>whatever let the missiles handle it
>cruiser hangs back occasionally firing a salamander
>does fucking nothing else
>control it manually
>destroy enemy fleet singlehandedly

Also how the heck do you play as Diable? Their ships just seem dogshite.

go bounty hunting with a skeleton fleet
Early ones can be basicaly soloed by a wolf, so leave teh "bigger" ships in storage somewhere, kill a few, buy supplies so you can upkeep your flleet for longer survey expeditions from which esll teh survey data to tri-tach and now you have your first few hundred grands to invenst in your future.

Falcon isn't bad but its more 'do not to close' combatant.
Aurora is great as its fast and have decent firepower.

Use Eliminate and Full Assault, or use your own flagship's position to give them confidence. AI's movements are heavily influenced by allied ship's movements.

Aggressive or reckless officers.

Is there a way to hire unlimited officers? The ships without an officer act like complete retards.

Yes there is.

Nice.

Just edit settings.
"baseNumOfficers":4;
change 4 for anything you want from 5 to 22 range

5 to 22?

this

You can have max 30 ships.
skills can give you plus 8 officers
so 22 is enough as you will have some tankers and cargo haulers

Civilian officers when

Never.
Probably.
Even if it would make perfect sense to hire master engineer, master surveyor or master salvager.

I go on a bounty hunt far from the inhabited cluster with about 2/3 fuel, I think that I would just salvage the fuel need to go to the 2nd bounty which was close to the inhabited cluster.

I get the, kill everyone and get just 37 fuel and no salvage cloud. I go as far as I can and use the Distress Signal to call for help. after 1-2 days I get a signal on the radar and pic related shows up.

I have a Medusa, 2 Hammerhead, 1 Wolf and a Drone tender...

>master civilian officer in salvaging and surveying
>this invalidates the entire industry tree for the player
Yeah not gonna happen.

Those skills are fairly useless at this point anyway. Money isn't exactly hard to come by.

What did we learn?

Do not give them the same level of skill like the player have but why I can not hire the guy who let me survey 50% hostile planets?
Also you can boost your forces by having full combat officers why not having non combat ones that boost civilian ships abilities?

Starsector in a nutshell.

That's why you equip Hardened Subsystems on every single combat viable ship. Every single one.

ah, the AIDS strategy

>how dare you win against overwhelming odds you scrub

>cheating
>in a single player game
>and he's not even using the console commands mod

what are you, a catholic?

You don't get to brag when you don't play by the rules :^)

Holy shit! I used Transverse jump to get out of the system. At the same time large Scavenger fleet goes into the system to look for me because of the Distress signal. We hunt down 3 pirate fleets, I fill my cargo hold with fuel and suplies.

Haven't lost a single ship.

Every single fucking time I investigate a distress signal there's nothing fucking there.

Is it because it was too far away and the event ended, or because my sensors suck and I can't find them?

Unless you were like two months late then there's definitely something there.

are you going to the innermost jump point in the system?

Does anyone know how to PREVENT weapon covers from appearing over empty weapon slots? Those things look so ugly I'd rather have the exposed weapon slots instead.

No I pretty much sustain burn over there the moment it pops up

I looked at all of the jump points + the star

dunno what to tell you then, you should be running into whoever put the signal out

help me

Please help

Is it possible for items/ships to disappear from a station if it is owned by a faction that is hostile toward you?

don't think you can.

Why do you say that? Maybe there's a way to make the cover graphics invisible.

no

Replace every weapons cover sprite with a 1x1 pixel transparent png

>starsector-core\graphics\weapons\covers
Didn't think they were this easily available or that there were so few graphics for them. Let's see if this works.

Yeah now you understand why everyone mods this game

Much better.

this should be in the op description too

That guide still needs a lot of work because it doesn't explain anything about most of the weapons to the people who would actually benefit from it.

I have 4.7 mil in the bank and am bored of going after bounties and going after remnant shit. What do I do now to make money/get new ships and loot.

Otherwise I believe the covers are a setting in the hull_style.json in data/config

Start attacking factions of course.

What faction do I attack to get some OP ships to recover.

All of them

tritac obviously

All of those except neutrino

Diable is questionable and almost on the level of neutrino with completely out of place space mechs instead of spaceships

Most of the weapons in these mods, especially neutrino and diable, could use some rebalancing / outright removal. Especially since the AI doesn't buy and use them. Fighting any mod fleets from diable, neutrino, or shadowyards with vanilla stuff, is like fighting godmoded OC donut steel mary sues.