Dear Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums,
I am the owner of a nearly built 280z 2+2 (yes I know shame me for getting the longer car if you want but I like it) either way I am looking to replace the seats since the car came with some cheap sparco ones that I couldn't stand. Here is the dilemma:

Which seats will actually fit? and of those seats which one is ({[BEST]})

This is objective of course, but here's what I'm looking for
1) Leather
2) Heated
3) Power

Any ideas?
TL;DR What car should I steal seats out of for my datsun?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2009-2016-Nissan-GT-R-OEM-Front-Passenger-Seats-Grey-R35-GTR-R-35-Heated-/282029753166
forums.hybridz.org/topic/88301-seat-swap-list-for-s30s/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1) Leather
>2) Heated
>3) Power

in an old shitbox? nigger, are you retarded? you bought the wrong car.

Best bet would probably be some 2000s Lexus or Toyota.

>wanting to splice in some modern creature comforts into a classic car
>retarded

2/10 made me reply

I can't help you top much specifically, but I learned the other day that most Recaro seats run on the same rails, so if you can get a recaro seat rails kit you're golden there.

I was going to help you, recommend you sport seats to enjoy while driving it but then I saw you are turning this land yacht into an even heavier land yacht.

the idea is having a comfortable seat while being sporty. I do like s2k seats but they are a bit cramped for road trips or stuff like that.

Will look into Lexus seats tho, since cheap leather isn't my thing.

recaro makes some sweet seats, them and bride - I guess I wonder if they're worth it

I mean I'm also putting an rb26 in it and replacing the interior plastic with carbon fiber but.... (please respond)

Seats worth putting in a sportscar (have bolsters that hold you reasonably well) and are small enough to fit in that car that meet all three requirements basically don't exist, but I'll list off a few options anyways. (although seat heater kits are pretty easy to add)

>S2000 seats

>E30 sport seats

>Integra/Civic Type R Recaro seats

Oh yeah, forgot about NSX seats. They're leather, power, fairly compact, and the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. 10+ hour road trips are great in them if you aren't a fatass. They can be pretty pricey though.

This is a case of having my cake and eating it too, the idea is that I'm willing to make sacrifices on the rigidity of the seat.

Hadn't even thought of NSX seats, giving them a look now

Actually I just looked, they aren't as expensive as I thought, you could get a nice set for $1500-$2000.

Must be nice having a budget. I'm on a hunt for VW mk2 recaros myself, I can't justify more than a grand to myself but I know they'll be worth it.

Why not grab seats from an SUV?

Why the fuck would you put flat SUV seats in a sportscar? Not to mention they're huge and ugly.

bait
get that there hook out of your mouth guy

also thinking of some GTR seats out of the r35, can be had for roughly the same as the nsx seats and are reviewed pretty well for comfort.

ebay.com/itm/2009-2016-Nissan-GT-R-OEM-Front-Passenger-Seats-Grey-R35-GTR-R-35-Heated-/282029753166

worth it? should I pull el tregero?

jk doing a bit of backpedaling here, no lumbar support? yeaaaahno

Heh I'm not planning on buying any, I maxed out at about $800 for the ITR Recaros I have. I was just expecting them to be more since there aren't that many of them.

I'm surprised that GT-R seats are that cheap too, I mean I can see why though, not the best looking seats but probably pretty /comfy/

The s30s were designed as inexpensive, entry level sports cars that could compete with the American and Euro markets, and they did that very well. There's no power anything on those, and no A/C. Why the fuck would anybody try to modernize this?

>my home was built in the 70s, who would want to put newer appliances in it?

virtually the same question to me

sure I lose out on some of the "charm" but I don't give a fuck. I threw C H A R M out the window when I replaced the L28 with an RB26...

desu i don't think there's enough room for power heated modern seats. To begin with I don't know of anyone who makes aftermarket seats like that and even if you got some seats from the junkyard maybe (?), I think that it would make the seating position too high and you wouldn't fit, unless you're really fuckin short man. I don't have the s30 but I have a FB which about the same size and even with the stock seats I still touch the roof of the car with my head. I also have no idea how you'd wire something like that, it seems like it'd be some serious work not only to find and get the seats in there in the first place, but figuring out seating position and wiring.

He wants a modern GT but wants to look like he owns a sporty classic coupe at the same time. That's also probably why he has the 2+2, because he needs the space. Literally would laugh at him at a meet.

Does lumbar support really matter though? You'd need to be sitting straight up for it to work and unless you're like 4-5 feet tall, that's just simply not gonna happen in any seat with a rail, and especially not a thick modern seat.

2+2 makes the car longer not wider dum dum

Also hey look if my choice in SEATS is really going to make you think my build is laughable then I think you're the biggest joke of a purest I've ever heard of. Lemme guess, you've been to a TON of meets

E 3 0

If you want, I have some leather powered heated memory seats out of a volvo 960. I don't like them so I found some (much lighter) cloth manual seats. I'll give you the seats if you pay shipping.

No dice I want to feel like I'm sitting in a car not a nail salon

Ty tho 6/10 cant reeeaaaly tell if b8

I have dorman seat heater kits in my front seats in my shitbox. They work well and it's easy to tuck the wiring away, plus you could probably get some OEM Nissan seat heater switches out of an Altima or something from the junkyard to make it look more OEM.

Just put them in something off this list.
forums.hybridz.org/topic/88301-seat-swap-list-for-s30s/

You might have to get creative with the seat rails and mount the bottom rail that bolts to the car from your original seats to the new ones somehow.

Actually not bait. But I figured I'd offer before throwing them in the dumpster.