/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #160

Someone buy me Stellaris because I spent all my dosh on spaceship jpegs Edition.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt (embed)
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tell you how to live.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Reminder that Braben is a Dad and that is why E:D is and will always be a dad game.

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th
>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY (embed)
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w (embed)
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable. SC is in dire need of racy but SFW fanart to be posted in these threads in particular butts and bodysuits. Drawfags, you are work is cut out for you, get to it.

Old and busted:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4MTkt4wzEM
youtu.be/9RPLG5Ix5QA
youtube.com/watch?v=YiWa2yds98E
youtube.com/watch?v=Oqhx7_RdDoQ
i.imgur.com/QQH7CLE.jpg
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15546-The-2946-RSI-Polaris
youtube.com/watch?v=iGWggc7KjJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp43tiIpi4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-urUdNJrrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post yfw this week's AtV is QA Part 2.

not exactly my face, but.

The only thing that made last week not total garbage was Frankfurt. I'm sure they did that on purpose too. If it had been say, Austin+QA into the trash it goes.

>Star Citizen STILL isn't complete

Cutlass, again.

They're not even planning to finish it anywhere before 2018.

Long live Harry Potter and the SDC

so? it's regular dev time for this type of game

I'm not sure what you impatient whiners are expecting

Shitty meme for a shitty game, you killed some autists fanfic waifu, grats I guess? Are you going to go back to grinding credits to get ships to grind credits to get ships now? Or maybe go find one of the three other people playing EVE and shoot them because they're an unegineered dad and you're a seal clubber?

Like I'm being totally real, why the fuck would you play that "game"? It's a stain on the idea of gaming.

Carrack a shit, worst shipfu, the fat, tatted blue haired bulldyke of shipfus.
Ships designed for nebulous non-roles need to stand aside for best shipfu.

eew, you into fatties?

Epic trolling user, at least I can play my game right now

God DAMN, just downloaded the subscribers vault

These niggas look sick as fuck, I already know how my character is going to look like 24/7

>fat
She's fit bro. She lifts more than you. She lifts WAY more than you.

>wants to be notTusken Raider
One more fool caught in the Croberts' net.
youtube.com/watch?v=B4MTkt4wzEM

>george lucas invented sandniggers

>there are people who think SQ42 will come out in less than 2 years from now

>he thinks they're not Tuskan rip-offs
Next you're gonna deny that sand worm in the demo was a "nod" to Dune? Please.

Chris is banking on sci-fi nerds, it's a well-known fact. There's a reason all the ships look like something from already existing franchise.

Let's all be happy and talk about daddy spaceships!

Ironic considering that's all the SC crowd is doing right now.

Bye, goonster!

Is there something wrong with the AI in Elite? I don't find them too hard but I was just fighting a Deadly Python and it would pop SCBs the second it got down to 2 rings of shields, no matter how quick I would take them down. Don't SCBs have a pretty long cool down?

>yfw even forum autists can develop games that are more fun quicker than you

youtu.be/9RPLG5Ix5QA

>no blackouts
Already better than anything CIG has done in 5 years with $150 budget.

New episode of that shit show no one cares about.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiWa2yds98E

wtf i don't want spoilers

do you think a nigga would've been excited about coming across New Detroit and the New Alaska systems if he knew about everything beforehand?
hell no son!

No, you can start a new cell anytime, even in the middle of it discharging although this would interrupt and cause it to start over.
The limitations of SCBs are the 5 sec spool-up time before it starts discharging and the massive heat generation.

They have an activation delay, not a cooldown. AI Cutters with multiple shield cells are royal cunts unless you have PVP rails fitted or your ship is a giant space shotgun.

>tfw we won't get some dank names for systems based from earth in true colonial fashion

is it possible to be a newmale and a dad at the same time?

Being a dad implies having your own children.

what if you replace the claw with the irdis's railgun, and use the salvage/cargo bay for a hanger?

build'a'frigate

Man I really hope that there are much less britbong voice actors in the final game. Jesus fuck they are annoying to hear.

In all seriousness, I want SC to succeed probably just as much as the ED/Eve haters. It looks like a gorgeous game with unlimited potential but it's been stuck in development hell since what? 2012? 2014 was the original release year? And since then they raised more money than Rockstar spent on developing GTA5. And the best they can do is release single player this year. The MMO portion still has no release date. So yah I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meanwhile I'll play forumdad's space truck simulator.

it wouldn't be proper for an empire to have non-britbongers voicing

You could probably hang the jackets of your entire org in there.

what if you make a giant railgun that the claw can hold on to instead?

what if you make it possible to wear clothes that look like animal parts?

There are people who think the 3.0 we where promised is going to be released before the end of this year...

I can't wait until the modular system means you can explore the whole station.

So, uhm. There are ships that can only be bought for a brief amount of time in /scg/ or what's the deal?

meant SC, don't know why I added the general name

While that's currently true, the end goal is to have every possible ship available in the finished universe. Currently the limited time stuff is just there as an incentive to shell out shekels.

That's actually a well thought out and thoughtful post by the Black Hole, letting people know they're hearing and, more importantly, listening to the decent feedback. I mean, I hate the man, but there's nothing to attack him on here.

That picture makes me think of those people who had their weddings in world of warcraft. If SC ever gets as popular do you think players would do equally retarded shit?

I see a lot of capital ships being sold and shit, are those the biggest there are? Wouldn't it make sense to only give the biggest capital ships to the military? Or do the sheckles move barriers?

They already are user.

In-lore, the UEE is rather hard up for capital, so they're selling stripped down versions of their older capital ships to private companies and wealthy individuals. The biggest ship you can currently own is the Javelin destroyer, but it comes with no weapons or mission modules, you've got to supply those yourself once the game actually starts. The biggest of the capital ships, cruisers and carriers, cannot be bought and must be acquired through mostly less than legal means. What this does mean is that if you're fast and good, you can probably end up finding trashed and salvageable large ships in-universe to fix up and legally own, since the UEE won't like you having it, but salvage laws are clearly in your favor.

tl:dr
>Oh hey, looks like you called us out on some bullshit. Here is a non apology about how you don't understand us or what we are trying to do. We are not going to do away with the program, in fact we are going to restructure it in a way that does not address what people were actually criticizing at all. Fuck you if you didn't back us from the beginning. Fuck you if you are not constantly reselling the thing you bought to other people. Fuck you if you disagree, because we only make token gestures to make you think we care. Oh, you wanted 3.0 by the end of June? Too bad, we are too busy making the "New Player Experience" which should be done around October. Then we will think about picking 3.0 back up. Don't like that either? Too fucking bad, we got your money, and you can eat a dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oqhx7_RdDoQ

>The marketing and I.T. teams doing shit takes away manpower from the game design, art, writing, and coding teams somehow.

When you name your ship in Elite isn't it supposed to show on the side? Because mine doesn't. The camera focuses on a specific spot as if that's where it will go but nothing happens.

The marketing and IT teams have work to do on the current patch. We don't need more bullshit. How about they deliver something more than a broken tech demo before making a tutorial level for it?

You have to pay for that luxury

Oh thats cool then, but if I have to set an endgame goal for myself I think I'll settle myself up with a Polaris-like ship with stealth or something. I cant handle slow stuff.

jesus christ I should have known

Collector limpets are the only good thing in this game

Driller's a damn dragon dildo

i.imgur.com/QQH7CLE.jpg

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15546-The-2946-RSI-Polaris

Check out the Brochure :3

Module and ship transfer, even gimped, are right up there with limpets. I would not ever play again without my Hauler taxi. I can do other more interesting shit instead on banging an FAS through 500 jumps just to get somewhere.

God I hope the Polaris is much faster than the fat cow the starfarer is

>I hate the man, but there's nothing to attack him on here.

You mean other than pouring money and manhours into a new player experience, when the actual game is a barebones tech demo? When everything is subject to huge change?

I recall we already had a tutorial. Broke fucking constantly and was a complete embarassment.

basically this Aside :
youtube.com/watch?v=iGWggc7KjJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp43tiIpi4Y

Thing I wonder, is the imbalance over classical roles of huge capital ship.
The Bengal isn't just a carrier, it's a Battlestar (aka: god).
Then we have a support-carrier, pictured.
But will we get a Cruiser or a Battleship in this game that cater of course to space fighter (since it was the start) ?
I kind of want a battlecruiser.

DELTEE THIS!

The tutorial was very good, it had no lag, but I suspect it simply broke when new code was introduced.
It's akin to trying to maintain a mod over an engine in constant evolution

woah the Avenger looks good nowadays

ah yes
the so-called mission board

Ben running damage control. Holy shit literally not addressing any problems people want fixed. How about not running a contests with the winners pre-selected, or at least not publicizing that fact?

How about not running obvious new money cash grabs when the game is a dumpster fire at the moment? Or is 3.0 too far out before the money is all gone?

Ben is just a shill to deflect the mistakes of those at the top.

I can't save that image to my hard drive! Would be to difficult to explain why its there to a judge and jury.

It's actually kind of nice that it automatically filters missions that you can't complete either due to ship size or cargo capacity. But it's still really shit that mission selections can be so limited you can get zero acceptable. Also pretty stupid how to accept certain missions you have to increase standing with a certain faction.

>Ey m8 I wanna work
>uwot faget? Poast references
>Eleet combat, Tycoon trade, Ranger explo, I wanna work!
>We dun no ew gb2 welfare line

It's remarkable really. In [current year] we have amazon, alibaba, newegg, and ebay, you can shop for anything and have it delivered to your door for a nominal shipping fee. We have shit like Linked in and any number of job search sites where you can have your profile and resume available for every company in the world. Yet in the far future we don't even have order by catalogue with mail address postcards, or a fax service to have previous employers send references.

Honestly they probably have it so that it just maximizes the grind. If fdev actually streamlined shit most of the "gameplay" would be gone since it's just repetitive grinding to fill up a bar.

It makes 0 sense that a master bounty hunter wouldn't be able to find work on the elite universe. Same thing with the other high level statistics.

i hope they only make a few video tutorials and not an in game tutorial

Maybe don't be a shitter nobody can stand and they might consider hiring you.

At least it's better than when missions were gated behind your pilots federation ranks

The entire RSI website is down for maintenance.

""maintenance""

They are apparently moving all the backend services to AWS today.

or the site is gone and so is chris

Yessss... Just like in the Brabenvision

space sims were a mistake

Do they ham it up or what?

>Ben running damage control.
They have no idea why people would be dissatisfied with a rigged contest. CIG is just completely up their own ass and tone deaf as fuck.

I just hope that adsensefag was real and this whole thing gets btfo even more by some basement dwelling ham planet.

Best ship in the game. I don't need to hear other arguments or opinions.

Most of the space of most stations will always be inaccessible. It'll mostly be machinery spaces with nothing interactable in them. I do hope they make Port Ollie actually explorable, like add tunnels all through to connect the decks so you dont have to EVA.

If they're planning on having player owned and operated stations they're going to have to let us into the machinery, and if they let us into the machinery we should be able to hack into places we shouldn't be on stations not owned by us. Pointless conjecture on my part, but that sort of functionality seems necessary to me.

Chris has a 500$ day heroin habit.

He is way too fat to be a junkie. I would believe a $500 a day starbucks habit.

It's that time again /scg/, the time where we discuss how to fix the $275 trainwreck that is the Retaliator bomber!

I've made several suggestions, but rather than just restate my own I'd like to hear others. The only one I would restate forcefully is that it needs to be fast, much faster than it is. It's basically laid out a gigantic fighter with fuckhuge engines and lots of them, and IMO It should be straight line faster single seat fighters, and be outpaced only by "Interceptor" type craft. The specialized in high velocity pursuit, interdiction and combat.

>Hamplanet with no marketing experience whatsoever
>Still manages to damage control as well as any professional marketer (which is not very)
Just think, maybe one day you too can shill for things with all the elegance of a diabetic boulder

God damn you everytime I see anything Freelancer I feel the urge to boot it up again instead of finishing the games I am currently playing.

If they changed some of the torpedoes for a cargo rack, changed the rest of the interior layout, changed the engines, changed the exterior, changed the guns, threw the entire original design away, designed an actually functional and useful ship from scratch, hunted down the original designer and killed him and his entire family, made a blood sacrifice to kek of a spectre level neet, and gave it away to every backer, it might suck a little less. No promises.

Rate my planetoid :>

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-urUdNJrrQ
THEY'RE AMONG US! D:

wait 2 patches for full automated turrets
wait 9999 patches for things big enough to shoot at and balance it around

soon as that happens it'll be the extremely specialized, niche, military specific role of a "get torps from A to B then go re arm" ship that it's supposed to be

you don't see me whining about how useless my starfarer is without cargo or fuel to scoop.

unless you thought that the most ultra specialized bomber role ship of the game was supposed to be a weekend road trip camper and not something that sits in a hangar til your org needs torps, then that sucks i guess. time to melt for a connie :(

Taking a note from EVE on how to make bombers not fucking useless:

>fairly small ships that are quite heavy and unwieldy for their size, but still more agile than most ships
>can mount ridiculously oversized guided/unguided missile launchers, but can only carry enough ammo for 1-2 reloads, and missiles are too big to be effective against anything that isn't several hundred meters long
>have stealth properties, allowing them to get close enough to capitals to kill them

Kinda funny how a few hours after they post their non apology, spectrum goes down for over 3 hours for a 1 hour maintenance, and it's still down. You can be sure the store is up and running though.

Trump supporters and their basic shit

Have this gold

Will I be able to land in that moon in 3.0?

It was sold specifically as a demilled weekend camper.

I'm not whining about it being useless now I'm whining about it being shit in every department. Theres nothing about it that is good. It turrets are small and poorly placed, its large, slow, flimsy and just generally non survivable. It requires the most crew of any ship in game while delivering very little for that crew complement, hell doesnt even have enough escape pods for the entire crew, 7 seats, 6 pods, who's getting left behind?