How do you go from this

How do you go from this...

To this?

Bad management, I imagine. But I hope Lancia can make glorious aggresive machines again.

Same could be said about Mitsubishi...

mitsu is the archetypal jap conglomerate. short sighted profit driven and strangled by bureaucracy

with a strong yen i dont know how any of these japanses legacy companies are going to stand the test of time

Lancia have been cucked by Fiat.
They are now a nothing brand, Alfa is the "sports brand" Fiat is the cheap brand.
Lancia have nowhere to go.

IMO they should keep Alfa going ore upmarket, make Lancia a more budget sports brand.
But then Fiats fit into that.

It sucks.

Someone cool needs to buy them and save them

Mitsubishi is in every field possible, they might stop being an auto maker but they won't die anytime soon.

thanks thats literally a conglomerate

A shame really. Don't think we'll ever see another Evo again.
Or a Delta Intergrale for that matter

Nope.
They only make 1 model of which they sell around 60k a year.

Mitsubishi is active in a diverse range of industries. They aren't going anywhere soon.

yes i know this.
what im saying is that with a highly valued yen mitsubishi product companies such as mitsubishi motors, nikon, chemicals etc. are going to have a diminishing competitive advantage. the same factors diminishing the competitive advantage of the automotive subsidiary also apply elsewhere.
my main point is that the consolidation of businesses and massive moving parts (moving efficiently) that made japanese industry so competitive in the 90s may be facing an existential crisis in the form of smaller, more autonomous and specialized players.

There was no other way, sports car era was totally dead. Even tho you Veeky Forums tist still posting 90's era sports car.

Lancia will make a specialty sports car in the next years.

Something like the 4C

pretty much

if they just copied the krauts it could go
Fiat = VW
Lancia = Seat
Alpha = Audi

But right now Alpha and Lancia are stuck doing the same so Lancia is getting fucked because more moeny is dropped into more recognisable brand.

I just want them to stop parading Lancia's decaying corpse around and put the brand to rest. All it's been for years is rebadged chryslers and a rebadged fiat shitbox. They're not gonna do anything worthwhile with Lancia, they're too busy failing at patching up Alfa's reputation in the US, ignoring Maserati, and facelifting the same shit Dodge and Chrysler have been building since before the 2008 recession, especially the ones based off of 90s Mercedes platforms. That and riding the high of soccer moms sucking Jeep's dick.

No.

The intentions of VAG with Seat were to make it the "Spanish Alfa Romeo"

AYY LMAO

>intentions
and I'm referring to what actually happened

it's very simple, really: no wrc involvement

>2017
>wrc cars are fords fiesta, small volkswagen polo
>all of them have cool street "performance" versions (polo r is really underrated)
>old wrc cars were imprezas, evos
>evo is finished, imprezas are still okay but not nearly as cool as they used to be

seriously, wrc just makes everything better

consumer version polo r WHEN

You can't see manly and aggressive looking cars to nu-males. Why do you think the Miata is one of the best sold roadsters?
No testosterone

WRC is one thing but homologation was the real shit.

>yurop

FIAT

Thank them.

Fiat insists on categorizing each of its pets.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is American-market shit.

Ferrari is Ferrari

Alfo is basically Fiat's version of BMW

Maserati is Fiat's version of Cadillac

And Lancia is basically limited to Dodge and Chrysler re-bodies. They're the "Buick" and "Saturn" of the lot.

No.

>Ferrari is Ferrari
Ferrari is Lamborghini

>Alfo is basically Fiat's version of BMW
Alfa is Audi

>Maserati is Fiat's version of Cadillac
Maserati is Porsche

>Maserati is Fiat's version of Cadillac
DELETE THIS

>>Ferrari is Ferrari
>Ferrari is Lamborghini

What the fuck

Is this a good daily driver ;3?

Hard to find parts, very expensive to buy.
Arh no....

have u ever just wanted to fuck a car?
well I want to fuck this lancia

>stretched 4C carbon tub
>Giulia QV V6
>Stratos badging
But nah, that'd be too close to Ferrari.

Fuck just got an itch to play dirt rally again
thanks op
I wish I had VR and a wheel tho

>alpha

How many dicks do i have to suck to get a Lancia Delta Integrale?

Yeep, I fucked up hard

>inb4 Freudian slip

How do you go from this...

To this???

>Tfw I can't walk into the dealership and put down an order for some barely street legal, lightweight awd 450+hp monster with a tractor gearbox

The bad thing is, at least in the US, all the major media outlets would be all over it and drive prices out the stratosphere. The Hellcat still has a $4,000 and up markup at almost any dealer, and a Focus RS i saw recently was marked up 5k. These aren't even homologation specials, just top preformance trim production cars. Case and point : THIS TIME ON HEAD TO HEAD, WE DRIVE THE LATEST HOMO CAR, ITS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Because rally racing changed. Racing rules changed. Everything fucking changed. You want them to go back to their old ways? We would need a new class of rally racing.

>A new rally class is announced
>Companies jump at the chance to show how good their vehicles are off-road
>FCA wanting to cash in on Lancia's Rally Heritage, force Lancia to make a new version of the Delta for rallying.
>It's a smaller much more nimble 5 door hatchback with AWD and 290hp+
>The car dominates against vehicles like the Focus RS and Subaru Impreza
>Car companies retaliate with newer, faster, and more powerful hatches and small coupes.
>Mitsubishi is slapped awake as their eternal rival is BTFOing them in sales and they reintroduce the Lancer Evo while making a Gallant Evo.
>Subaru responds with a new Forester STi
>Volkswagen is suddenly falling way behind and introduces a new Beetle type while forcing Porsche to enter to preserve VAG's racing status
>Check meanwhile is fuming at the success of Ford and responds with a new Hatchback. Probably named the Dolt or something.
>FCA makes Dodge produce a new version of the Dart with a twin turbo engine in an attempt to keep up with the big three.
>Honda jumps in as well with an AWD Civic Type-R S
>Toyota follows suit with a more insane version of the Corolla or GT86
>The BRZ gets the same treatment as the 86
>Nissan snaps from all the attention and sales their rival companies are getting and make a smaller Skyline Hatch to compete
>Ralliart is reborn
>Cosworth gets tangled up somehow and we get a Cosworth Focus.
>Thanks competition from the racing leaks into the production cars and more experimental tech is being used.
>Mfw this'll never happen
>Mfw all new cars are becoming shit bricks like that wannabe Lancia's.

The reality is that even with a new class, motorsport interest doesn't sell cars anymore because the people who would want to own 'basically a racecar guys' don't have the money to buy cars like that. The 80s and 90s are gone, they're never coming back.

>Skyline Hatch

>What is the Infiniti EX