/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 3rd of May:
1491 – Kongo monarch Nkuwu Nzinga is baptised by Portuguese missionaries, adopting the baptismal name of João I.
1715 – A total solar eclipse was visible across northern Europe, and northern Asia, as predicted by Edmond Halley to within 4 minutes accuracy.
1791 – The Constitution of May 3 (the first modern constitution in Europe) is proclaimed by the Sejm of Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
1920 – A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
1921 – The Partition of Ireland; The Government of Ireland Act 1920 is passed, dividing Ireland into Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

If france lost so many wars why do they still have that much land? Shouldn't they be extinct?

More magic in CK2 when
I want Sims tier magic

I'm lyin' here waitin', my dear
You can get what you want
any time you want it
I'm lyin' here waitin', my dear
Come get what you need, give me what I need

W&B

BASED

They are importing niggers for past 70 years,what do you think.

White

w&b

R&I you need to update the infopic, EU4 and CK2 sections are both missing the latest DLC

>tfw no workers paradise

why

>germans unironically just lend me 20 IC

how greedy can you be

Should I just give up?

Yes

Is HoI4 good yet

no

What is in your opinion the worst mechanic of Victoria 2?

In my opinion, it is the commerce system based on prestige. That's just plain retarded. Since resources are limited in Victoria 2, the country with most prestige will get access to the resources before the rest. But that's just not how things work. The country with the most money should be the one who gets things first. For example, Russia is supposed to be a poor shithole in Victoria 2's time frame. But pops in Russia will get all their needs because they start as the second country with most prestige in the game(or was it third?) So a Russian pop will have better life quality than an American pop in 1836, when that obviously did not happen in real life.

Alright.
West or East Iceland?

West

How did you manage to fuck up an Ireland run of all things

Wars become intolerable and far too large in lategame, a very dumbed down HOI3 would be more fitting than 500k+ soldiers fighting in a province for a year

I accidentally misclicked and allowed a preacher into my country, which converted my heir, turning my country Catholic
Yet still the Irishmen rise against me

>500k+ soldiers fighting in a province for a year
Wasn't that what happened in WW1 though?

no

Not in the way V2 represents it. If there would have been a possibility to just march around the trenches and hit them from both sides they'd fall much easier. In V2 however all that happens is you add more pops to the meatgrinder

>Birthplace of colonialism in Japan
Have I crippled Europe a little?

yes

>mfw 50+ monthly income with Netherlands and it's only 1600s
Those national ideas are beautiful

Is playing the CSA fun?

Also, which nations in Africa start with a Euro minority and are mildly playable, is it just that one South African one with boers?

Thanks lads

I got foreign universities, what now?

BASED

Are Uesugi national ideas better than Japan's?

So much for the eternal anglo

New game is starting out well

Best start date in CK2?

please responbonebonodnoenreobonde

>Arabia as unciv
>1849
I call bullshit

it was easy after this

Does anybody have a download link to the player-led peace conferences mod for HoI4?

whichever has the most interesting scenario and opportunities to you

How do I stop rebel suppression from turning itself off? It's a useless feature right now, because you've gotta turn it back on every 2 seconds.

What game, HoI4 or CK2?

Eu4

shit turns itself off, on all armies, the moment any army finishes a battle

it doesn't even do anything, your armies don't even fight rebels or keep unrest down, they just unseige stuff rebels have occupied

He's back

white and based
i missed you

yeehaw

>R&I comes back
>thread quality goes back to shit again
Really makes you think.

see

Paradox crippled Europe anyway. It should be a serious challenge for anyone outside of WE to keep up to date with technology because EU4's timeline is precisely when Europe built up its massive tech lead over the rest of the world.

Aryan and Based AI

Well that went to shit fast

Instead you have China embracing the Enlightenment before you're even 4% there

Croatian fascists have awoken.

Man HoI3 makes the war maps look so beautiful and glorious. HoI4 just makes them look like shit.

tried playing this game but the OOB is too autistic to me

When does the counter attack against Srpska start?

Only OOB too autistic for me to handle is SU because of their fucking theater HQ's. fuck all that noise.

Worst is that could have been fixed with a small patch to make it easier to keep track of and organize OoBs. Instead they ripped the system completely out.

Ello lads. I haven't played EUIV for a few months because my computer's been busted. I want to get back into it and noticed that there are some new DLCs out. Which (if any) of the following DLCs are worth getting?

Mare Nostrum
Rights of Man
Mandate of Heaven

wtf is with my v2? i installed hpm and some minimods but none of them are working right, i know because the little kurdling states dont exist at the start of the game and also theres 2 start dates instead of just 1836

this is like my 10th time redling and installing hpm too

my documents/pdox/vicky2/mods right?

Have you tried checking the HPM box at the launcher?

>my documents/pdox/vicky2/mods right?
no
it's the actual game folder

I can't handle having to rearrange it everytime the battlefront changes

seeing an ugly OOB web triggers my OCD

based brainlet

yeah i was worried about that at first but i did the 2nd time for sure

b8?

mare nostrum is shit, other two are good

I don't even remember what mare nostrum was about. It was a completely pointless DLC.

all it gives are trade leagues, shitty berbers always raiding your coasts, and a bunch of useless naval orders

I'm a bit strapped for cash - is Mandate of Heaven or Rights of Man more worth it in terms of mechanics? Is the "Ages" mechanic any fun?

If its in the right folder and is checked than try redownloading it and seeing if the problem persists.

>buying DLC

no you retard, that's where you install fucking mods

there is literally nothing wrong with supporting a game company you like

>the marseillaise and god save the queen
>france libere toi

Do you have something to tell us, user?

>dodhpm
link pls

wtf im so fucking retarded

ive played hpm for ages now and ive clean installed it like 10 times

why was i even confused about this

thanks lad

>liking Paradox

n-no
it's work in progress
probably because you actually install at the document folder in newer games

white men

The hell is that character
It's disgusting I tell you hwut

>liking paracocks

theres no point in buying eu4 dlc, you just enable the kike devs to keep shitting out content less trash that could barely even pass as a patch anyway

buy the game legally on steam or wherever, just make sure its activated on steam, then just pirate the dlc and activate the dlc + the legal game

DO NOT BUY PARAKEK DLC

croatians and poles are worst slavs

it's turkslayer's birthday

They're literally the best Slavs. Catholic and W&B

>start as Nejd
>get friends
>invade Hedjaz
>form Arabia

Fuck off S*rb, Polska pride worldwide

Oh that kind of Arabia.
With no Egypt.

As a Serb i second this, Poles are bros.
Croats can burn on stake though.

any reason why I would wait for universities when i can just take this? it's the same education bonus

only orthodox slavs are relevant
catholic slavs are german rapebabies/colonies and irrelevant larpers

Universities give you the basic research modifier of +50% and have a few events that can give you a bunch of RP and revoke slavery

You cannot take university unless you take that first you goof.
Also you pick univ because it gives you research bonus tech.