Give me ONE reason not to lie on my resume to get an entry level job

Give me ONE reason not to lie on my resume to get an entry level job.

Wagecucking sucks

What's the alternative?

Being a neet?

...but I think you should lie as long as it is believable and not easy to check

Just lie

Especially embellish your background with things that aren't monetary or tracked, like volunteering or playing music

Any suggestions on some good lies?

I'm thinking about adding something about working on a family business or something

You can do. A family business
You can add volunteering
Pretty much anything that looks good to your future employer

Literally just think
We're no Gina hold your fuckig hand

Senpai I just meant what looks believable and unverifiable enough

Why would you put playing music on your resume unless you're applying to be a musician?

It's technically fraud.

No it "technically" isn't

Why lie on a resume for a min. wage job when you can lie on a higher paying one?

fraud (n) - wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

It just makes you sound more accomplished.

>fraud (n) - wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Lying on your resume doesn't fall under that.

because they might not bring it up but later ask you to deliver and you won't be able to and that's gonna give you a hard time.

They might hire you just for that and later expect you to be able to deliver and when you can't you'll be a disappointment.

>lie on resume
>get job
>eventually get caught
>get fired
>cannot use reference when searching for new job

Also, you're screwing over both the employer and the more qualified candidates.

Well they make requirements so absolutely retarded that you can't not lie on them...

5 years experience for $32k/yr?

How would they eventually catch you anyways? It's not like they'll verify your reference years later after hiring you. And if they verify your reference and don't hire you then who cares? They weren't going to hire you anyway.

Be a lifeguard nigga. Guaranteed job and only requires some money for training. If you work at a beach country club or state owned pool you can make 14$/hr

I confess that I have no experience lying on my resume. The way I see it, though, it's an unnecessary risk. What if the employer decides to put you on a blacklist, barring any future opportunities with that company, or even worse, other companies with whom he shares the list? What if you somehow get caught years later, maybe because you are asked to do something you claimed to know on your resume, or maybe because your lie became too intricate and you contradicted yourself by accident? You would get fired, and you'd reenter the job market with years passed at a company you cannot use a reference. Get a job without lying and you'll rest easy.

>The way I see it, though, it's an unnecessary risk

But it's opposite. It's a foolproof idea with no downside.

>What if the employer decides to put you on a blacklist, barring any future opportunities with that company, or even worse, other companies with whom he shares the list?

There is no "blacklist", maybe in the top-levels of an industry like banking or something but that's outside the scope of what we're talking about here.

Also your scenario is way too elaborate, highly unlikely to happen.

nigga the international league of janitors isn't going to blacklist you after finding out that you don't know how to use a mop despite your century of experience. this is about entry level jobs.

Alright, if you won't do it for the risk to yourself, please do it for your more qualified competitors. It is unfair that people with more experience than you should be forced to continue working lower level jobs while you cut to the front of the line with a lie.

>It's unfair

Life's not fair buddy. Besides everyone is lying anyway.

Do you really believe all those LinkedIn profiles aren't embellished as heck?

>Life's not fair buddy.
Yeah, because of people like you.

If everyone's lying why would I keep myself at a disadvantage?

I really don't know how many people lie on their resumes, so I can't help you there.

A new survey from CareerBuilder of more than 2,500 hiring managers found that 56% have caught job candidates lying on their resumes. The most common fib seems to be embellishing skills or capabilities; 62% of respondents say they’ve come across this, and 54% say they’ve caught applicants taking liberties when describing the scope of their responsibilities. A quarter have seen people who claim to be employed by companies they never really worked for.

according to careerbuilder at least, over half of people lie on their resume.

So why would I put myself at a disadvantage?

No, more than half of hiring managers have caught at least one candidate lying. That doesn't mean more than half of the candidates lied.

Anyway, this is an ethical issue. I think lying on your resume is unfair to the honest candidates. What do you think?

>What do you think?

I think it isn't when everyone else is also lying and hiring managers are either retarded or expect far too much for what they're willing to pay.

Yeah sorry you're not going to find anyone with 8 years of experience willing to work for $30,000/year. It's not going to happen, what you will get though, is people lying about their experience because you set retarded standards.

If you know you can do the job, there is literally nothing wrong with lying, especially with entry level shit. You shouldnt even feel bad about this, morally it's on the level of torrenting. How many lies do you think your entry level employer will tell you before you even take the job?

>Also, you're screwing over both the employer and the more qualified candidates.
>giving a fuck about anyone other than yourself

C U C K
U
C
K

Honestly i see no downside at all.

If you weren't going to get hired, then it doesn't matter that they called your references and discovered you didn't work there.

If you do get hired, you can give it your honest best shot and see if you can learn to do the job, if you can - great. If you can't then who cares, you tried?

Your picture says 3 years. That's 1 year of summers in college and 2 years after college.

>for a 32k job

lol okay dude. Keep telling the truth at interviews.

I will, because I was proactive and got additions to my resume that can be verified and will thus beat out any of your embellishments: experience, references, knowledge and publications.

Okay have fun lol

Depending on location that can be a lot. If you're in New York, Illinois, or California the starting pay is way up there, but if you're in Texas, Missouri, or New Mexico for example, the cost of living is really cheap so the wages aren't as high

Dont lie about qualifications
Dont lie about work history
Everything else, make as awesome as possible

Why?
Why?

I highly doubt they'd check, and if they do what's the big deal?

Have a job with real experience for a few years and get caught

vs

Never having a real job but being honest.

Jeez, this is such a hard decision.

Besides his idea is ridiculous.

>What if this happens then that happens then this happens, but exactly like THIS and then that happens?

Might as well play the lottery or expect my roof to collapse exactly when I'm in the house and hit me exactly such that I die immediately

They'll only catch it if they're looking for a reason to pink slip you.

If you're a good employee, they couldn't care less

And if you DO fuck up, get discovered/fired/whatever... what is the big deal?

You tried your best and did what you could.

The worst (and most unlikely) outcome is that they say "Sorry you lied to us so we are not going to hire you because your references did not check out". That's... it. literally no downside.

Companies have black lists even for wagecuck jobs. Coworker of mine got blacklisted by Home Depot without knowing by a vindictive manager. He didn't include HD on his resume when he came to work for Lowes and it came up in the interview. Fortunately they let it slide and hired him anyway because they knew the HD staff were dicks.

Somewhat skeptical.

Where does this database get kept? I believe this is not only illegal but also up to tons of abuse, particularly at such shitty jobs where a manager can simply put in a bad word against you

As far as I know it's not even legal to talk about why a worker was fired, just how long they've worked there for.

If you're so confident that lying on your resume has zero possible consequences, then why did you even post this thread? Not to mention that saying lying has absolutely zero drawbacks is plain retarded thinking.

But then again, you're probably like 80% of the rest of this board, and come interview time it will be painfilly obvious that your resume is a load of shit.

Not sure how easy it is to get away with in "normal" countries but in China I worked there for 4 years with a fake degree.

>Not to mention that saying lying has absolutely zero drawbacks is plain retarded thinking.

Present them then.

>But then again, you're probably like 80% of the rest of this board, and come interview time it will be painfilly obvious that your resume is a load of shit.

Then I wasn't getting the job anyways.

Where's the downside?

>needing a resume for an entry level job
If you actually 'need' a resume for a low level job, there's basically no reason to not lie.

Admittedly, if they find out later that you lied they can fire you without any fear of retribution.

The issue is not lying so badly that you get caught.

I did it before and it worked
fine
>have friend who just got out of the military
>he's looking to buy a house and rent out one of the rooms
>persuade him to "take me on as an intern" and look for houses for him
>did that for a week until he decided to just rent an apartment instead
>put it on my resume as a 6 month internship at a startup Real Estate Investment firm

It did get pretty awkward when coworkers asked me about it but I changed the subject quickly

>Admittedly, if they find out later that you lied they can fire you without any fear of retribution.

How can they possibly find out later

>One employee out of dozens/hundreds
>Working well
>"Hmmm let's see if Mr. user lied on his resume over two years ago, shall we?"

- happens never

lmao

I've got to do this.

You have several options:

>start a business
>become self-employed
>inherit money
>sell weed
>be a NEET

Any of those is preferable to wagecucking.

Enjoy jumping through dozens of hoops on to get a minimum wage slave gig that barely pays the bills. Wagecucks are just pathetic.

>Enjoy jumping through dozens of hoops on to get a minimum wage slave gig that barely pays the bills

I already had a job making $18/hr, didn't take much "hoop jumping".

>>start a business

And do you think this is more profitable or less difficult than "wagecucking"?

Most lilkely your idiotic business idea will make less than a minimum wage job and take more effort.

>>become self-employed

aka start a business? You repeated yourself.

>>inherit money

How can I control that?
>>sell weed

Selling weed probably makes around minimum wage unless you have a huge network and traffick large quantities. Also it's illegal and can't be put on your resume.

>>be a NEET

Mom's tendies stop hitting the spot after a while

Good memes tho

Many before me have given you some, you're just being hardheaded and thinking, 'oh, well it hasn't happened to me, so there is not really a drawback.'

-employer blacklists that fall under background checks in hiring processes
-any information worth lying about is easy to check and can be detected as bullshit. What happens when one of your uppers happens to have volunteered at a place you have claimed to? Not to mention lack of exoerience will show itself during the probationary period.

But you're going to write these off, so I don't know why I'm trying.

>And do you think this is more profitable or less difficult than "wagecucking"?

Yes.

>Most lilkely your idiotic business idea will make less than a minimum wage job and take more effort.

I already make more than the minimum wage and it really isn't that hard.

>aka start a business? You repeated yourself.

They are not the same thing. Did you even graduate from high school? Maybe you should just go back to flipping burgers...

>How can I control that?

You can't. Suck to be poor I guess.

>Selling weed probably makes around minimum wage unless you have a huge network and traffick large quantities. Also it's illegal and can't be put on your resume.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Zero ambitions, negative attitude etc... No wonder you're poor and a wagecuck.

What do you do then?

>They are not the same thing.

Self-employment and starting a business are not the same thing?

How can you employ yourself if you don't have a business? They are the same. If not - explain the difference between self-employment and starting a business.

I have several income streams which I'm not going to divulge in great detail here. None of them involve a 9-5.

Wagecuckery is for poor desperate retards unless you're a lawyer or a hedge fund manager or something.

Honestly if you can't figure out a way to make money in this day and age without selling your ass to a company for 40 hours a week then you're probably just not that bright.

Are you trolling? I hope you're trolling kiddo.

A freelancer is self-employed but doesn't necessarily own a business unless he's registered an LLC or something.Same thing with contractors.

How old are you?

i'm 13 years old

Thanks I'll take your brilliant idea of dropshipping on ebay. I'm sure that's not saturated at all.

But it's better than being a cuckold employed to a company where you spend half the day doing nothing I guess.

>hoop jumping

You want to hear about hoop jumping in the job search process? I once applied for a dinky internship at Liberty Mutual for a crappy insurance role that would pay like $13 an hour. After the usual 15 minutes of typing out all of your experience and education for them (because reading your resume is too hard for them apparently), I had to take a 20 minute survey with behavioral questions. That was a little excessive for just applying for the job but whatever. So after I finished that I figured I was done and could move on to applying elsewhere. Wrong. I shit you not, the next step of the application process was to take part in an "office simulation" where a simulated email inbox was shown. What it wanted me to do was work on math problems while paying attention to the email and respond to the important ones. Emails popped up every 45 seconds or so and you had to reply to them and answer insurance related problems based on this pdf of an employee handbook. This whole thing was supposed to last an entire hour. All of these hoops to jump through only to SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. FOR A SHIT INSURANCE INTERNSHIP THAT PAYED $13 AN HOUR.

>mfw

holy kek

Such is the life of a wagecuck.

Constantly begging for scraps from their masters and, worst of all, expected to be grateful for the opportunity.

Suit yourself.

Enjoy the cuck life I guess.

I will. Thanks

I don't see how cucking for your customers/clients is less of a cuck life than working by the hour, where you do jack shit for half the day and gets full benefits.

>his entire schedule is dictated by his corporate betters
>he has to ask his boss for permission to take time off
>he can be fired at a moment's notice and be left without a source of income through no fault of his own
>he is entirely dependant financially on his masters
>he claims that he isn't a cuck

>b-b-bbut I choose to be a slave ;_;

Lawyer here, yes it does.

But it will never be enforced so whatever.

>>his entire schedule is dictated by his corporate betters

That doesn't really bother me. Should it?
>>he has to ask his boss for permission to take time off

Also doesn't bother me.
>>he can be fired at a moment's notice and be left without a source of income through no fault of his own

They need a legitimate reason to terminate you and you get a severance package...
>>he is entirely dependant financially on his masters

Okay...? That's a hell of a lot more reliable that whatever retarded "business idea" most people including myself are likely to come up with.
>>he claims that he isn't a cuck

If you completely turn the meaning of cuck around then yes I guess I'm a cuck.

Damn, i make 32k at a job that only required me to any degree, aka i have a loser 2.3 english degree, and i basicslly browse Veeky Forums all day done boring office work

Some things u just need dignity pal, dont apply there

yfw they just get free work from applicants via the "simulation"

What do you have to lose by lying? nothing. so you don't get the job... and? apply for another, it's not against the law to lie on a job application.

I lied on mine but with stuff I know about. I just embellished what I did for a hobby and my past job (switching ownership to family instead of friends, expanding years, embellishing role that I did sometimes do, etc).

Still haven't gotten a call back, but then again the posting was over 20 days old anyway.

Investing time in the company and then getting fired later on if they find out your lied.

How would they find out later?

They'll find out immediately or not at all. There's no reason for them to check years after.

A store not too far from where I lived went out of business. Can I lie and say I worked there for 2 years and put a friend's number as the number of a manager I worked with? I am just a uni student looking for work

Well... what's stopping you?

think about it for a second.

This is incorrect.

I remember at my old job, people got fired a month or two after being hired after it became apparent that they lied on their CV about past experience or qualifications.

Companies do background and reference checks during your probationary period. That's the whole point of a probationary period in fact.

I made a bullshit resume out of desperation but miraculously got a job with my honest (empty) resume just before I started sending it out.

I'm glad I never went through with it. I had a family friend business owner willing to cover for me and everything, but having gone through the interview and training process, let alone being around coworkers for the duration of the job, I realised no matter what mental preparations I made, I wasn't really prepared whatsoever to keep up a lie that long. One slip of the tongue could end you. And this was unskilled work, I can't imagine what it'd be like having to fabricate knowledge in qualifications/skills.

If you're desperate, sure. If you're just peeved that your boilerplate job application emails haven't gotten you anything after a couple months of searching, I'd strongly suggest holding out.

christ, I know this feel. I've sat through some pretty bullshit interview processes. It gets pretty bad in the tech industry.

Managed to get a job at a bar though, was chill as fuck.

"strong enough to lift the kegs? Right, cool. Okay working late hours? Sweet. You seem alright, come in next Friday"

I see absolutely no reason it can't all be like this. Why the fuck should I have to perform a literal IQ test to work at a supermarket?