/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/885
pcpartpicker.com/list/YgLDyf
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nocturne
youtube.com/watch?v=ViwDUiCzPVU
mega.nz/#!SZsQHA5A!HpB2JhUWxZ7NMWRZM3nqJ17m-b18naHj-UfW1rMrwao
twitter.com/byuu_san/status/859870604647903233
forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407/424
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why did you let it die

>it

#hernamewasrachel

Remember guys, it's literally okay to embezzle money as long as _I_ am doing it.
t. SP

So just to set everything straight before I spend $40 on amazon. If I have these 2 items, I can play Skyward Sword on dolphin:

1) wiimote with motion +
2) dolphin bar

That's it, correct?

My laptop has builtin Bluetooth

You also need a nunchuck if you're going that route.

But an user itt recently ported motion+ emulation to mainline Dolphin, you might want to try that out first.

Check the previous thread

Oh yeeeeaaaahhhh, suuuuuuuuuuure

it looks really awkward playing on 360, I'll stick with the wiimote

wats this mean?

The nunchuk should be able to be emulated I think, with that Hybrid Wiimote option.

I tried playing Mario Galaxy with a mouse and controller before, and holding it in one hand isn't very comfortable.

Ah yes it should be awkward as fuck, just saying there's the possibility.

Stay salty, pajeet

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/885

Gonetz:
>I keep forgetting some people donated for this to become a reality. We probably should do nightly builds, then.
>This was posted after an 8 month gap in releases
>This was a year ago
>GlideN64 still fucking sucks

LMFAO

N64 emulation is so fucked up, Banjo Tooie is still impossible to run without glitches no matter what you do. NONE of the N64 emulators work properly whatsoever.

I remember Reddit showering him with money like they stole mommies credit card. Funny how they didn't learn their lesson.

>muh sony palette

fuck off, firebrandx

The important question here is where is the turtleman.

" Emulation is a process for playing classic games that anyone can do with no issues. It's easy: with the emulator, you select the game, and play. Simplicity transcends to become art as the thought of an "emulator" washes away and you are sucked into the seamless game experience. Afterward you sell your old game systems, as the emulators have perfected the games better than even the original console could have. Simple, elegant, gaming bliss. Emulation General~ "

>try out mgba
>freezes whenever I try to switch roms, or whenever I try to exit
10/10, would use again.

bitch about it here instead of github

I've been playing Megaman Battle Network 2 on my 3ds, and the entire thing has played fine up until the end game. Attempting to transition into the WWW post-game area causes the game to consistently freeze, and occasionally make horrible screeching noises while this happens.

This is the patched VC version that modifies the transition to flash less, so I'm wondering if there's something fucky with that?

I cannot find a single thing on google about this, and I would prefer not to start the entire game over again because it's a bad rom, or something fuck.

Interesting, I had a similar problem with 1 on PSP's gpsp

I tried to set up my ds4 for ps2 emulation, but ds4windows doesn't seem to recognize it. It appears as wireless controller in devices, but ds4windows appears empty in shared and exclusive mode. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? I'm also using windows 10.

What patch is it exactly? It might just not work on real hardware.

It was fine up until this one specific point, which is what I find so odd. They're the Virtual Console patches for the Wii U that were dumped a long time ago, and applied to a rom which was then converted into a cia for installation on a 3ds.

>Nobody on either The Rockman EXE Zone (Where the patch is hosted), or 3dsiso (Thread where I downloaded it) seems to have experienced this problem
Crashing when accessing the post-game isn't as bad as EB's piracy protection, but damn if it doesn't make me salty

Yeah, I bet it just doesn't work on real hardware, which the 3DS essentially is for GBA, unlike the Wii U.

You should be able to just dump the save, install the unpatched version and inject the save into that though. Not sure if JKSM can handle GBA saves or not or what can, but I'm sure it's possible; ask

bump

>try out mGBA
>can't map the shift key because reasons
>graphics look too aliased when fullscreen
Fucking meme emulator.

>not using the libretro core

No thanks, VBA-M just works.

Sony palette is the only one that doesn't produce obviously wrong colors.

Normal people say

>"huh that's weird. The sky is purple. Something must be wrong."

Turbo nerds say:

>"huh that's weird. The sky is purple. This must be how it is. Everyone else is wrong"

I'm building my first computer tomorrow and I was curious if I would be able to emulate the gamecube.
Here is my computer
pcpartpicker.com/list/YgLDyf

A joke stealing pig woman on the right, a strange alien life form on the left, both undoubtedly full of issues on the left. Do you:
>Pick the pig
>Pick the alien
>Move to a country with better culture and women
>Jerk off

I use the mGBA core in Retroarch and it jsut werks

>pcpartpicker.com/list/YgLDyf
Looks ok to me, might wanna consider an NVIDIA GPU if PS2 emulation is a thing you care about but other than that it'll do the job.

what are the best settings to play shin megami tensei nocturne on pcsx2?
im running it on dx11 hardware and the game feels not smooth like everything lags behind when you move the camera.

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nocturne
Also make sure you're actually running the game at fullspeed and that this isn't just an issue with you having a toaster or ayymd CPU.
Ditch that shitty office CPU. Get an i5 from the last 5 years, like a 4690. Also consider a 1060/580 GPU instead. that 570 isn't gonna last at 1080p/60FPS high/ultra.

games run at full speed tried to use the wiki settings but it makes you see most of the lights through walls.
went back to the previous settings and actually after getting used to it its not so bad.
i ran into a new problem with the map though.
running it on software mode eliminates the map problem but i want to be able get rid of it on hardware mode.
any suggestions?

why is dreamcast emulation so shit?
tried demul and it stutters like fuck.

I have a high end pc

forgot the pic.

It's a popular game, so I'd try some googling if you haven't already and see what turns up in the PCSX2 forums for those specifics issues. Easy things to try would be changing the renderer to DX9, OpenGL etc, using a different rendering resolution and playing around with hardware hacks

>can run PSP emulator at full speed
>can't run NDS emulator at full speed

>NDS emulator
You've been tricked.

I want to improve my tetris game. Which version should I emulate?

Tetris Grand Master 3

Tetris The Grand Master 3

The arcade machine actually runs a modified version of Windows, so you can get a loader for it and run it natively.

The one where the pieces start to go invisible. That shits insane.

i though that its a popular game and there should be no problems to emulate it too,but it seems that the only way to fix the map is to switch to software mode.

Links?

Not that guy but what's so special about this version?

I have it, but I have no idea where I got if from, so I guess I can upload it.

It has autistic attention to detail in how blocks rotate/fall/etc, and it has a save feature where you save your initials with a password and it remembers you, and you rank up by continuously playing well over many games. The top rank is Grand Master, and only like a dozen people have achieved it, and all but one are Japanese. It's pretty hardcore.

Disable auto sort in Video settings, and disable whatever the other two settings are that are next to auto sort. I think you check the boxes to disable. There will be some graphical glitches in some games specifically from the lack of auto sort, but without disabling it the emu will run 5 times slower. Enjoy! I don't even know if Shenmue works properly like that, so have fun finding out for yourself!

youtube.com/watch?v=ViwDUiCzPVU

mega.nz/#!SZsQHA5A!HpB2JhUWxZ7NMWRZM3nqJ17m-b18naHj-UfW1rMrwao

Okay here it is. It's a self-extracting archive and the loader is already in there; that's just how I got it.

Just run TGM3.bat to start and pad_config.exe to change keys. You could probably find another loader too. This one is doesn't seem that great though it works well enough for me.

Thanks.

Are DS emulators just fucking dysfunctional trash? Because holy fuck I just tried one and it's the worst emu I've ever used. It literally can't even make menus in FFIV work, runs worse than ps2 emus and the dev is apparently a humongous cuntwaffle. I'd be better off emulating a fucking phone to run it.

Just buy cheap refurbished DSL/i with some cheap flashcard. Or hack your WiiU.

Or emulate a phone for the only game I wanted to play on it that's also on a phone.

It's just fucking ridiculous I have to do that instead.

> pieces start to go invisible.

Game industry steals another feature of RetroArch.

bump

6 mame cores, each using a different set and none use the newest set. Cant use 2 guns. No Daphne core but a fucking Tomb Raider core exists.

Why is retroarch so worthless for arcade setups?

Retroarch is worthless for everything you dumb idiot

>new version of mame core released
>lol we won't telling ya which version of roms you need because reasons enjoy your literally useless core
Thanks.

>he fell for the retroarch meme

>implying

Are you retarded? If the shallow fork MAME core is updated to the latest version, then it must be using the latest romset too.

>and none use the newest set

Then go complain to r-type to update MAME again. It's currently on 0.184.

I never had any Sony TVs growing up so those palettes look fucking weird. If SMB1 sky looks purple then you need to adjust the hue on your TV.

Every time I see someone ragging on Retroarch I wonder if they're really so dumb they can't get it to work when it literally just works.

>mame
>just works

Stop playing Zelda. It's Drumpf pandering garbage.

byuu is too intelligent to be right wing

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/859870604647903233

>tfw turtle reminds me of the last friend i had who had aspergers

did you get this from /v/eddit

Is there literally a single reason to use mame over fba?

>NEVER play ANY game with vsync
>no noticeable input lag

feels good

>using a CRT shader like CRT royale for a GBA game
What is your opinion on people who do this?

>using retroarch
lol
The fact people believe shit like this destroys me.

There's no arguing with them because they'll just say
>m-muh gameboy player!
Even though it's extremely unlikely made games with this in mind. LCD grid or no shaders at all.

unlikely any devs made*

I do play GBA games with CRT shaders, for the same reason I do every other 2D game: helps smoothen the hard edges of pixels without the distortion that comes with upscaling shaders.

Everyone who doesn't cling to 2000 year old religious texts and isn't an openly racist fuck is too intelligent to be right wing.

>and isn't an openly racist fuck
also most behavior and personality traits are largely heritable and that's going to be a painful pill for lefties to swallow as the evidence becomes overwhelming in the next decade (it's already overwhelming but it's still relatively obscure so it's easy for people to ignore it).

Watch all these garbage posts get a pass because janishit is an SJW.

Mad low intelligence right winger spotted

It's a nice change of pace from the jani and mod squad on /v/ who let /pol/ threads hit bump limit.

Just preorded three copies because of this pic.

The AMD GPU might give you troubles with PCSX2 and maybe any emulator you use an OGL Renderer for, that aside, looks like a pretty build.

>shitty office CPU
>an i3 with a different name
If you're gonna give advices, at least try to know about the parts you're gonna trash.

Desmume? Remember to enable the Dynamic Recompiler.

eah, they all have negative points. NO$GBA is trash but it runs on toasters, Desmume gets the job done but sucks for a lot of reasons, Drastic is Android Exclusive because Exophase just never ended up porting it to UWP and MelonDS is just a baby.

Supposedly, using DraStic through an Android emulator is the best option but I never really tried.

Last time I tried, FBA couldn't run MK3.

Are you implying an i3 is anything other than an office work CPU?

Yes, of course I am, you're clearly underestimating it just because it doesn't fit your high standard for one or other reason. Even a fucking i3 2100 is an absolutely decent CPU nowadays.

>play platformer without vsync
>throw up

I think you're just retarded. DeSmuME runs most games without issue when you set it up properly.

*tips fedora*

In dolphin Gamecube emulator how do I set a game to launch with a different controller profile?

For example Wind Waker has that annoying inverted c stick so I use a controller configuration that reverses that. But now I end up using that controller in every other game.

>tfw /vr/is still more autistic than us

redream is getting a libretro port so there's still hope

forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407/424

>byuu will ignore this

which ps1 emulator can I use to play games in 1080p?