Nioh General

Saggy Old Man Head Edition
DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C-lEZJPjYEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>can't get Kojuro's guardian spirit for yourself
why live?

I want to kiss Okatsu's feet!

Kojuuro ends up fighting at Osaka. Might get it and his skin in a later DLC?

>soul match a 173 piece of armor to 185
>6mil
ah yes, I missed these rediculous costs

What's a good cheese strat for pvp? I just want to farm my 70 fucking k for my Fuku and then I'm out of here. Really don't want to have to change up my entire character though. Does dual swords whirlwind work decently enough? Just need enough cheese to get some glory from the fights because I noticed getting wrecked without killing anyone gives you jack.

Does elemental damage (weapon) increase talisman or spirit guardian elemental damage? Or just the elemental damage on your weapon? Wouldn't the latter be pure shit considering ele on wpn is max 23 or something?

get soul match reduction boy

get into my browneye goy

shut the fuck up b*tch

>Decide to try out a new weapon

None of them are as fun as 1kat. The moveset is so varied and fluid it makes it so entertaining to use.

I like 1kat too but it feels like absolute shit in pvp. Range is king.

Does it? You can outskill the fuck out of people with 1kat in PVP. I'm around A- and A rank using 1kat and kunai to punish memespinners exclusively.

I feel the same way about axe

>Autistic Screeching
>Cutest
>Cute

what unlocks the okatsu skin in the shop?

Ninjutsu dojo missions.

if you just want cheese, load up on ninja and magic gimmicks with whirlwind or that kusari shit. wont beat good players, but itll work on the bustas

>Won't beat good players

To be fair the magic projectiles are bullshit. I can roll well in time to not get hit and get teleported back into the hit because of how they behave over latency

>stun someone in pvp
>get closer to the final blow stab
>he teleports 20 feet away from me and recovers

Epic.

Anyone got that +15 trophy yet? I already have 5 pcs with 50~70% discount and all the request maxed yet she still asks for a shit ton of money.

>tfw you're a bad partner and keep forgetting to revive them

>Okatsu wearing shoes

WHY TEAM NINJA, WHY

I am trying to get the hang of the Odachi. Is there a follow up move I can do after I knock down my opponents with the ground slam? The recovery time is very long and they just lay down there waiting to recover. Is annoying.

Try using ki flux to cut recovery time, the odachi iai is pretty good.

>Fake Tachibana
>Never died to him before
>Actually died a few times against him this playthrough

Did they buff the fuck out of him or something?

300k glory to remove her shoes

I think Maria's ki just does whatever the fuck it wants
It's clearly not tied to her attacks

>Stats go above A scaling now
>Stars beside the roll indicate it's the highest tier roll that skill can get on that item

If you can get the "Attacks don't get parried" special effect on 1kat, low stance is hilariously OP at draining ki. Having Heaven Flash + Sword Ki + Kick all on a single stance while also having the best dodges and low ki cost attacks gives you access to so many aggressive combos.

1 kat isn't too bad if you know how to use it. Its mid stance can easily out maneuver whirlwind spam from dual swords and kusarigamas. The weapons I feel outmatched against are spear and odachi (you don't see very many odachi users at high tiers).

I should also mention that living weapon 1kat is grossly OP with the right build. I run a living weapon build with 99 spirit/magic and I'm sitting comfortably at AA rank.

did the input lag somehow get worse with the DLC
it was never this bad before

you're using the Odachi, right? It's not input lag that's doing it, the moveset is very specific; you can't use the mid-stance triangle followup on a dash attack, for one.

So I figured that they would add a greatsword type weapon for the first DLC.

What do you think they're going to add for the next?

so with all the new stats what's best combo of stats to get?

does it still have the indicator at base familiarity?

It should

Got an equip weight damage bonus C on my axe. Does it go up to A like the others? Should I reroll?

Does anyone know if Maria's fight/moveset changes in Way of the Demon like it does with Way of the Strong? Really liking how challenging her fight was on NG+ compared to NG. I know Shima Sakon also had subtle changes in his fight in NG+ compared to NG.

So what's the new level cap for equipment? 200?
Also, i suppoused i'll had to reforge my equipment again since they added a lot of new passives for that stuff like

if i'm using kingo's and the sword from the warrior of the west set, is there anything worthwhile in the new added stuff from the DLC that i can switch to or should i just keep my equipment as is?

220+20 as i can tell so far.

I need some help with a build that runs odachi and maybe either dual katana or kusarigami. The main thing I need is help with which armor set to run with. I used to run a ninja build buy I want to run a sword build instead.

with odachi and 2kat you can run strength/heart and get damage on both fairly easily.

literally doesn't matter what weapons you pick when you roll tatenashi with stamina cta on all of your weapons

also very true.

dont forget to roll weight reduction on whatever you can (i've seen at least pants/boots confirmed, not sure on others yet)

it's the age of ninjaflipping havelmonsters now

So how the fuck are you supposed to kill Maria with a slow weapon? With the Axe there's exactly one way to not have to trade hits and it's not even 100% consistent

your answer from the devs is [fuck you for using a slow weapon]

alternatively, switch to a faster sub-weapon.

tfw made a new general because I didnt think anyone made a new one.
gomen lads

NG+?

You can bait out her grab/waves for a punish pretty well, but any of her melee attacks are near unpunishable. You'll still end up trading a hit or two from her melee which can be bad though.

I can't see how people struggle with her on NG unless they're like level 100 though. She doesn't use any of her annoying attacks until she's almost dead in NG compared to at the start in NG+.

Sorry, terminology lingo is still new to me for nioh. Stamina cta?

Hundred Eyes must have been buffed. The eyes are doing 1k per hit on Strong now.

weight reduction is awful on tatenashi because it gives you a bonus for weight

>Big Nig Samurai gets a new weapon on the bio

I hope he actually drops it, it looks good as fuck

He's still pretty easy to me. I have yet to die to Fake Tachibana. The real Tachibana duel still gets me sometimes, though.

change to attack

to add scaling for stamina on weapons that otherwise wouldn't have it or stack it with existing stamina scaling on a weapon that does

weight bonus from tatenashi is only ~5% bigger than the universal 30.1 weight buff. and that difference is made up for with agility damage (now that you can potentially move up to a better agility tier while keeping the huge defenses)

Change To Attack (stamina), a weapon ability/roll.

wait

did they add that weapon to the obsidian set?

like, you can choose between it, the axe or the katana?

looks like his regular katana, albeit sized for him since he's a big guy.

>now that you can potentially move up to a better agility tier while keeping the huge defense

you can't

A agility with tatenashi full bonus is absolutely not possible

and even if you could get it, the bonus would be worthless at that weight

obsidian on the otherhand will be incredible with weight reduction

stopped playing nioh after i beat all the missions on ng+, didnt feel like grinding forever like diablo 3
i did buy the season pass what am i in for?

getting cucked in pvp by meme spinners and sephiroth tier katanas

hows the pvp simply arena style? no invasions?

what's that 2kat spin move and how the fuck does it one hit niggas in pvp?

Yeah it's just 1v1 and 2v2 arena

fucking lame

>soul matching my old 160+10 to keep wup with ng++
>realize I'm going to have to scrap it and forge a new weapon at 210 or pay billions of gold to soulmatch
>muh perfect rolls

F

>The clothes don't come off

can you get the cleaver odachi smithing text from anywhere? demon? all of way of the strong didn't have any smithing text for any odachi besides the one you can get from centipede fag

what a wasted opportunity

they didn't come off for the other transformations so I'm not sure what you expected.

>100k glory

They could have at least removed her shoes

Future DLC.

Oh no, now you cant roll in as a 750 invincible tatenashi man and troll the poor noobies...

How's the set bonus on Kojuro's set? I've been looking to move back from heavy armor and onto light and this fucker uses an axe as well, I like him already

I'd pay it

>that Date fight

This is the worst shit ever. Dual sword faggot that blocks constantly, has an impale dash attack like Yuki-onna with a tight dodge timing that kills me if I'm not at full health, can shoot sword beam waves, throws water DoT shit everywhere, gets hyper armor weapon buff, can apparently heal and has way too much health. Fuck this shit.

Just wait for the next boss

Doesn't really have any axe bonuses, but it does have (36% lower defense (ranged attack) and two (self and allies healed after defeating enemies). Personally, I'm sticking to Kaido-maru.

all modes: dodge the stab (sideways, going forward or backward tends to get you caught by it's oddly long hitbox)

wind mode: block his shit, let him tire himself out since his ki doesnt regen in living weapon. once he's a no ki, tap him and get your free grapple or final blow as you prefer.

water mode: use a waterstop talisman or have your armor loaded up with reduced elemental damage (easy on a chest and spare accessory) kick his shit in to deplete his ki, since his shockwaves don't use much and you'll be there all year if you try to wait it out. block his melee attacks, as usual.

non-LW mode: counter him, generally kick his shit in because he's easy as hell to stagger and ki-break.

please note that none of this strategy applies to the boss after him.

Date Shigezane is almost as much of a cunt of Maria, thank goodness Discord shits on his life

>teases old man guardian spirit without releasing it

the defense debuff on top of that lookalike set chestpiece seem like a neat combo for ranged builds.

some nice missions
if you want new items more grinding.
if you want to PvP even more grinding.

this game has the worst forge/drop mechanics.
it is way too random and time consuming.
and the moment you get some decent gear, they throw a new tier making your grinding worthless.

MMO mentality in a single player game is absurd.

if they keep doing this in every DLC,
rolling for perfect stats is just waste of time.
just stick with what you find and horde gold until last DLC comes out, then grind like hell.

i have a feeling that they will add something above divine too

>not using curtain trick from automata
opportunity missed

where is the new revenant drop zone.
There were no revenants on Demon Isle beach and the Bridge.

Did they patch it some how?

>get started in the new difficulty
>reach second region
>blow through all sub missions
>can't summon the will to fight umi-bozu and "giant centipede" not sure if I pronounced that right

They really fucked up by putting the two worst levels/bosses so early into the game.

giant centipede is piss easy though?

you jsut block his pinchy movement, he'll ALWAYS rear up for ranged attacks. which you dodge by running in a small curcle, and clipping his jaw with a high attack while it's lowered from the projectile.

and then you repeat that like, ten times because he'll never do anything else.

I didn't say they were hard I said they were the worst bosses in the game. The fights are tedious at best and there's no satisfaction anywhere in their levels.

Get a Guardian talisman with Suzaku. You can literally run up to Bozu in like a minute from the initial spawn and just Suzaku him dead. Probably 2-3 minutes total. You could have literally done this just now in the time you were in this thread.

same with centipede--the level is super short and the fight is so trivial (and fast if you're geared up like you should) you can only barely classify it as a boss.

Post your 1v1s boys.
youtu.be/C-lEZJPjYEg
Excuse my shit editing.

How do you boys like the odachi? Is it worth buying the dlc for?

it's pretty axe-tier for me so far, take that how you will.

the new stages are certainly neato, though i have no love for the last boss.

Its unparryable, but its meh in all honesty.

I farmed for all of the female skins finally, but I still end up using Fuku most of the time. Can't really figure out what it is, but Fuku feels the most unique of the four.

After I got my build put together, it turned into a god tier for me.

>does her chanting while doing the axe spin
str mage is the greatest

Her damage is out of control. Has anyone beaten her on Demon yet without cheese shit?

>people already are on the final boss on WotD

Do WotD is just the DLC missions, or all missions unlock after you beat WotS? Or how the fuck do you get that far that fast, the dlc has only been up like two days