Trucks over cars

Explain to me why you think trucks are better than cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-tacoma-pickup/6222507700.html
toyotaframesettlement.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basking_in_reflected_glory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tacos are probably my favorite truck. Can't stand modern full-size trucks.

They're more robust, overbuilt bumper to bumper for abuse and ultimately safer in collisions with smaller vehicles

Well, I can't just say trucks are better than cars because that's subjective. Though I do prefer them because well shit, I like the ride height and is versatile. Except for crew cabs in your pic, fuck those """""trucks""""". Cars are the answer if you need a fuel efficient daily driver, and I mean something with a gas sipping engine.

I used to daily a 1996 Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins 12 valve. Cab was absolutely cavernous and that diesel drone on the highway was the most comforting sound. It gives me peace of mind to know my family will never sell it.

I like that you don't really have to worry about much as far as road hazards and weather. Raised ride height makes me feel safer and more aware of my surroundings.

I never really liked driving trucks, they never felt nimble enough for me. But then again everything i've owned had been small so I'm probably just accustomed the handling of smaller cars

It's better for my purposes, the times I've driven a truck I use the bed pretty frequently, and I just like the look and ride.

On the occasion that I've driven pickups, I could see quite well all around me.

First vehicle was a full sized V8 truck with 4WD, second was a Civic Si hatchback. Both have their advantages and I actually used the truck for two years for work and my only vehicle but ultimately the sheer amount of money I put into moving that truck around got pretty old. If you can own a DD and a truck or a full blown sports car that's awesome but if you can only have a single car you should probably go for the more realistic day to day commuter. That said I totally understand why people love trucks the way they do and it's justified even if people are obnoxious about it. It just feels good drive a huge truck because of the noise and road presence you have. Likewise people like exotics and sports cars and noisy motorcycles and riced out shitboxes, people just like to be noticed and to validate their choices in consumer products. People also have wildly different choices in taste and fun.

it was the only thing I could afford at 16 that could haul my tools and get decent gas mileage. also the only car that was stick that wasn't over 2 grand.

I don't have friends but I have stuff.

Ride height and stepping into, rather than falling into I hear a lot from people. I don't drive a pickup, but an 02 explorer. I'll fit it into the truck category since it is much more capable in many utility categories over "Mini trucks".

Just about any v8 truck is plenty swift and sounds great for a DD and can be picked up cheap. Will not be great on gas mileage but some folks want to have the utility trucks afford. Living up north too can make a capable 4x4 appealing.

I don't have anything against cars either. My first was a 00 mountaineer I got for free but needed quite a bit of work. When someone hit me and totaled that I used insurance to replace it with my current explorer. I just really liked what I had and didn't want to change anything. I'm in college though and I don't care to buy anything newer or fun till I get out and get a good job. To be honest, If I had to buy a new car it would probably still be an explorer. One of the newer unibodies with the v6 ecoboobs.

Pic related, an 02 exploder

We had one, Red, Magnum V10 like the Viper. Just like the one from Twister though it was a 98 (i think?)

Got totaled in Florida.

Ideally, have a capable truck and an economic car. But if your lifestyle swings one way or the other the decision is pretty clear.

This. My dream is to have a nice house with maybe a GMC Sierra Denali in the garage and then some sort of fun sports car.

Holy shit are you me? Same dream.

Now watch as somebody judges us.

Its very subjective why trucks are better than cars because every persons needs are different.

I have only owned trucks because of the versatility, being able to haul my toys both towing/bed, hauling large things for my business, keeping dirty boots/dogs out of the interior you want to keep clean and because they have all been diesel making a shit ton of power while getting incredible fuel mileage.

I feel more comfortable being higher in the air. I like the fact that in any situation other than a major accident I don't have to worry about snow or flash flooding to stop to continue on my path.

/thread

they have strengths cars don't have just like cars have strengths that trucks don't have

good luck picking up a couch in your miata, and good luck getting 20mpg with a full size truck

have an old f150 that i abuse. it's a work truck it hauls what it needs to haul, and sometimes i like to drive it, though not in summer (no A/C).

have a 3 series sedan i drive the rest of the time. i like both, and it's ok to like both.

Same dream too

>trucks are different than cars.

my truck can do truck things, can hold more, it sits higher, but shitty gas mileage, not as easy to maneuver, harder to park

my cars can do car things, easier to maneuver, easy to park, good gas mileage, but can't hold as much stuff

one's not better than the other, just different

Older rangers are good, but what about older tacomas?

amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-tacoma-pickup/6222507700.html

same. Looking at this.

Trucks can haul 44 tonnes m8.

Utes can haule 1 tonne

Cars can haul 600kg

They're good little trucks if you can get the rusty POS frame replaced for free.

It's sad when domestic trucks kick a small Tacoma's ass in every aspect while costing the same.

toyotaframesettlement.com/

>be tall poorfag in PNW
>want something with ride height to ease back/leg problems
>all trucks are taxed to hell because of armyfags and """"""""""outdoorsy"""""""""" types

Muh freedoms

t. soccermom

The civilized northern hemisphere is always correct. They're called pickup trucks.

It's a ute.

It's called pick up truck.

Actually came here to make this thread.

What's the deal with trucks? I live in the American Midwest and a lot of times my car is the only car in a sea of trucks. Including SUVs and shit like jeeps here too, by the way.

I'm not talking about workmen or people hauling their boats or quads around by the way because, sure, my buddy's only vehicle is a diesel quad-cab F350 but he uses it for work every day. Nah, I mean people DDing trucks and not doing truck things. I work in an office and even there half the people DD full-size pickup trucks.

*Jerry Seinfeld voice*
>WHAT'S the DEAL with TRUCKS?

The psychological explanation is BIRGing,
Basking In Reflected Glory.

Men with fragile egos tend to project themselves onto externalities, like
- sports teams
>"we won the game" (while sitting on their fat ass guzzling ethanol)
- driving large, over-sized vehicles
- partisan politics
- intellectual pseudo-elitism (namedropping authors)
etc...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basking_in_reflected_glory

I tend to stay away from BIRGers of all sorts.
They're weak at their core.

This so fucking much.

>I feel more safer when I'm sitting higher
Fucking soccermoms want to be disconnected from traffic in some huge metal bubble and when they fuck up they better be safe.

SUVs and crossovers are the cancer of the car world.

>SUVs and crossovers are the cancer of the car world.
and Brotrucks are not?

Trucks are not better than cars. They serve a different purpose. Cars are for moving people. Trucks are for moving stuff. Pretty simple to me.

Problem nowadays is that there are trucks that cater to pretending to move stuff while you move people.

that is a lot of assumption to project

Agreed. Trucks have become more of a social status symbol than in past years for sure. Their glorification in the "wanna be redneck" group is probably a big part of that.

I enjoy driving trucks. I drive them at work every day, from small pickups to medium duty trucks. I get it-- it is fun to tow stuff and move heavy loads and whatnot. It doesn't change the fact that it's pretty wasteful to do it just for the hell of it.

>I don't have to worry about snow or flash flooding to stop to continue on my path.
This way of thinking must be why there are only SUVs and trucks turned on their roof whenever I'm driving in bad weather

A truck with a pickup bed is a pickup truck.
A car with a pickup bed is a ute.

Does it have direct injection?

Typically everything on a truck is built stronger. They do get worse MPG than cars though, typically. You'll pay more at the pump, but for the most part trucks will go 250K before giving you any issues.

Also, if you're buying a older truck, compared them to modern half tons first. You'll likely find that many new half ton trucks have very similar tow capacitys to older 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Insurance is cheaper.

They're good as A-B beaters and you can put them to work.

Trucks have crash boxes

Sorry you dumbistanians need to call utes "trucks" to feed your egos and small dicks.

that really depends on the car and truck being insured

will a truck be cheaper to insure than a camaro? most likely

will a truck be cheaper to insure than a honda civic? doubtful

welcome to sociology

It's not my fault you don't live in America. Enjoy ur box car or whatever you guys like to call them lel

They're not, they're just different. You use them for different things, mostly.

I don't think that trucks are better than cars, I just like trucks, think for my needs and medical issues they're better suited, and they're pretty cheap with an absurd aftermarket thanks to brotruckers.

I like both, and if I had the money id love a nice F-150 but for now I drive a '01 town car

Moms with muscle. They need them to intimidate other road users on their way to pick up the kids and visit the liqour store

Trucks are comfier, virtually no blind spots, you ride higher, they're safer than cars, they have plenty of power to tow and to go fast, don't need a trailer for a single snowmobile atv or dirtbike, more space to put stuff, more room inside
If my truck didn't have absolutely awful MPG and a horrible turn radius I wouldn't want to get a car

It's perfect when I go hunting/camping and general offroading, plus v8's sound nice desu