General opinion on this car?

General opinion on this car?

Might be getting one tomorrow. What am I in for?

it car

literally my favorite mustang since like the 70s or something

Is your name chad?

Ya got me.

Is it a V6? if so, expect a cool looking but horribly slow coupe with nothing sporty about it.

>not getting a V8 stang
Who do I look like to you?

I DD a 2004 GT. Ask me anything I guess.

Also, get the GT or don't get it. Without the V8 it's just cheap car that's small on the inside but handles like it's big.

V8 is nice, if you're getting a GT or Cobra, they're fun too.

V6 is watered down, but they're pretty damn cheap even with relatively low miles. If you've driven nothing but shitboxes, you'll have fun with it. Otherwise, get a V8.

I got a v6 autotragic, but paid next to nothing for it, so I'm fine with it.

I have driven nothing but the most utter trash since I could drive, so I'd be OK with a V6.

Found a V8 for cheap though, so that's what I'm getting.

god awful interior but pretty fun. No IRS but still probably faster than a BRZ lel

>GT or Cobra

Pls don't forget the Mach 1 trim. 32 valves and a shaker hood.

No, they are useless in anything but absolutely straight lines.

Conversely, I might be getting this 2006 v6

Any downsides, apart from it's not a GT?

Pros:
-Engine is nice, power and torkz etc.
-The handling won't actually kill pedestrians.
-You're driving AMERICA: THE CAR
-Has pretend rear seats so your girlfriend has somewhere to put her purse (unlike in my Miata where it went in the trunk)
-Big aftermarket and cheap repairs

Cons:
-Shittiest interior quality you will ever find. I'm serious, I have a 2004 and it feels like a mid '80s economy car. And I grew up with a 1985 Caravan. It's worse than that.
-Really bad seats
-Rear axle has no positive connection to the body so it doesn't handle very well
-The car feels small on the inside and huge on the outside. You're not plugged into it like any kind of sports car.
-Prone to the same rust fox bodies get

a faggot

That's one sharp car. Foxes and SN95 were my favorite designs, 2005 onwards is when they didn't catch my eye as much.

Much better quality, but V6 is still slow and not worth much, and now you're a poser. I'd go for a car designed around its V6 at that point, like an Accord Coupe. Those things are nearly as powerful as the GT.

i have a 2001 gt and i love it

the interior is pretty nice in my opinion, but the seats in mine are completely torn up due to miscare. the back seat can not fit anyone over the age of 12.

one issue, however, is with everything stock, the car sits kind of high

gas mileage is pretty shit

To be honest I'm more interested in fuel economy than horsepower, it just happens the Mustang is a nicer v6 option for the price than say, a Hyundai Accent or Chevy Malibu

I might still get it unless I can find something better

It's terrible fuel economy for a V6. I'd be thinking Accord or Solara.

If it's a GT, the 2 valve is about as much fun as you can get for your dollar. The V6 works just fine, but you'll be wondering why you didn't get the v8

i had a GT when i was 17.. interior was pretty shitty, but the backseat fit any of my friends comfortably. it's not a sedan, but any average adult will be fine in the back.

Tell us the mileage, paint condition, auto/manual? Exact year?

Really you can get a decent one for 4 grand but some people ask for 6-7

6th gen is still faster than the gt86 on a track

It's shit.
t. Fbody owner

if its a v6 expect buyers remorse and regret
throw in some embarrassment too

168 000 KILOMETERS (I'm in canada), Pic related for paint look yourself, manual, and it's the V6.

It's also certified and etested, something my government requires for all vehices.

He's asking 3700 CANADIAN dollars.

I feel like I'm getting a good deal.

get a 4 valve or don't even bother

>V6
>Covered in fake scoops
>Hideous wheels
>$3700CAD
>it's rusty as fuck because it's Canadia
I wouldn't offer more than $300USD. This car was hot garbage out of the factory and time won't have been kind to it. Don't bother.

Why did this generation of Mustangs look so bad?

>3700 monopoly money for the v6 model
>will be rusty as other user said
Yeah, no.

I think they look good when lowered a tasteful amount and given new wheels.

nope, bad deal

SHIT DEAL
Stay away OP, thats how much you'd for a decent GT of that gen.

Best gen Mustang and the 4.6 is a god motor

t. genuine GM fangirl

2valves suck dick. They make shit power and don't handle boost that well, so they can't even be easily remidied with FI.
4valves are respectable enough but good luck finding one for a reasonable price.

New Edge =/= SN95 just so you know

Same chassis, same engines, same shit T5 in the manuals.

Same chassis, which is the SN95 chassis.

Nope. At least in the US you can get a GT for $4-5K. V6 Mustangs are worthless.

>4valves are respectable enough but good luck finding one for a reasonable price.

Buy a Lincoln Mark VIII. 4-valve goodness and l lot more comfortable.

2v with a non pi block will make at least 300 to the wheels with pi intake, pi heads, cam, and tune to compensate for new parts.
Plus the things are just so fucking reliable, which is majorly the reason I call it a god motor.

>2v with a non pi block will make at least 300 to the wheels with pi intake, pi heads, cam, and tune to compensate for new parts
Oh wow that's so impressive
A stock LS1 does that

As I said, I',m a GM fangirl. There is literally no better motor than the LS family of motors. But I respect the 4.6. For power, while keeping it Ford, a 5.4 swap is a good way to go.
But you can still have loads of fun in a manual Mustang with 300 whp. Stop being a little bitch concerned with being the fastest cunt on the road with the fastest 0-60 and quarter times.

Also, I've seen 2vs make ridiculous fucking power. For lots of money, sure. But they're capable.
There's at least a couple 8 second boosted 2vs on youtube

Right now it's a mullet-mobile, but if you hang onto that car for 10-20 years it will be worth something. They're probably the best price to performance you will find right now and the interior is nicer than a comparable F body

Hasn't that always been true of any Murican muscle though?

A 2V only makes good power on boost... which is fine, but if some one wants well north of 400 rwhp on a 2V they are gonna have to forge the internals too.

Or hope the tune is so fucking exact and the fuel is 93+ octane so there is no knock or detonation.

No, see: new Camaros

Really only the fox platform cars (and by extension, sn95) and the 60s/70s smaller and larger cars are outright bad in corners. Third and fourth gen camaros kick ads around road courses, if not being quite as nimble as, say, a miata.

Good to know. I'm buying it to just dink around with it, and don't feel like getting ripped off.

How much should I counter offer him (realistically, no memeing)

Does it have direct injection?

2500-2600 CAD, thats the most you could reason for a fucking V6 new edge.