Post reliable shitboxes

Post reliable shitboxes

Squarebodies, they rust to the ground before they die.

you talking about the ford or the saturn or both?

I'm talking about the saturn. Mine is going on 160K miles

>160k
>"a lot"
>"reliable"

You ain't shit until the quarter million mile club.

Agreed, those are rookie numbers.

250k is decent and 400k to earn the title of reliable.

288k here

Stick? because if your's autotragic, then i have some bad news for you.

Your car's terminally ill and is bound to shit itself past 200k miles.

You only have a sense of security now because you reached 160k, which everybody has at some point.

It's a stick and I'd be surprised if an autotragic made it this far

not even a 4.0

The volvo 240, have owned mine for 10+ years now

isnt that truck supposed to have the stacked square headlights instead of singles?

03 CRV

My shitbox is at 250k miles (410k kms)

Friend's Yugo has over 500k km on the odometer.

I would have never imagined that these would last so long.

Anything made by Honda/Toyota/Subaru in the 80s and 90s. Also old Mercedes diesels. Fuck amerifart barges, they're lucky to back out of their own driveways without breaking down.

4th gen Maxima's served me pretty well. Never had anything major besides rust, pretty damn easy and affordable to fix, fun with the 5 speeds, and cheap comfort.

Pic related, my max before I got it.

My automatic made it to 298k or so and the transmission only fucked up because I had the Sheriffs office drive it around for a course for my kids. I kinda feel bad because I really like the car.

What the fuck? Did u crash it in the test drive?

Godmachine.

Nah, got it from a guy to take on as a project after he got hit by a truck that ran a stoplight in a intersection. Fixed for 700 and kept it.

Yugos have a few oddities about them. Their radiators don't work like they should, and can and will make the car run much hotter than needed. The engine doesn't like to run hot, so the engine head will crack and break, that's one of the most common causes of death of these cars, the other being premature timing belt failure. Despite being almost exclusively sold as manual, they lacked a tachometer, which was a big no no when selling the car to the Automatic dominated USA. Also, the cars needed 89-rated octane or better fuel for optimal performance.

Did you know that American Yugos were built differently than the European ones? In fact, when Malcom Bricklin went to spec out the manufacturing facility, he ordered the creation of a "better" division to meed the American safety standards. Conversely, Yugos are still abundant in Europe, while they've become extinct in the states.

t. person who knows nothing about American cars

73-79 was roundeye, 80 was a crossover year where some were roundeye some had a small rectangular headlight with the blinker below it and the 73-79 style grill, 81-82 had blinkers in the bumper and some had dual headlights, some GMC's had those bezels and the Chevy's had a different grill/bezel pattern, 83-87 of course had a few variations including the square blinkers behind the grill itself, then 88-91 was it's own deal for the suburbans/blazers.

300k piece of piss