>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12891114
youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2Cj608xVU&list=PLDABB8FBE123392F0&index=32
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's discuss Debisama.

What is the undisputed worst mainline game?

I like its artwork.
It's really stylish.

Let's discuss how Luster Candy is Isabeau hand feeding you candy

Translation when

And it's not an item, which means that she has to materialize it with her spiritual energy.

What's the best chaos ending?

Persona 5

I had the least amount of fun in P3
But P4, I find rather offensive
Last bible while not bad I find kinda dull and grindy even for a smt game. And its sprites are so how worse then shadows at times

Maken X

SMT1

>mainline

What is the undisputed worst sideline game?

Persona is mainline now boyo.

P4

raidou 1

Ultimax

How close to Digimon is Demikids? We talking Custom Robo/Digimon sort of goofy kid's game?

And I might as well ask this too, does anyone know a good GBA Emulator for Android?

I'd say P4 because that shit happened 9 years ago and people are still butthurt over it.

My real answer is Radou's first game.
The story and aesthetic were great but the gameplay was a complete slog. They improved it in the sequel

Persona Q

Luster Candy's Japanese name is Rasuta Candy, as it "Ra(kukaja) Su(kukaja) Ta(rukaja) Candy".

Eating candy handled by monkies is unhealthy, though.

At least we can all agree that this is the best middleline game.

Objectively wrong. It's far better than 3 and 4, and I'd say it's even with 5.

Apoc is great__

>middleline
So that's ...if, Debisama (it's literally called "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner"), SJ and IV:A fighting for king of nothing in particular?

Aside from gameplay I feel like its worse than the original in every way. Gameplay is pretty fucking important though, and SMT4 has some glaring flaws that got addressed.

Fuck you.

DEEP STRANGEST LORE

Nothing given to you by a cute girl could possibly be bad

What if a cute girl gives you STDs?

>a cute girl
Which version of SMTIV did you play?

On that note god damn her beta designs were fucking great. I really think Doi has talent but seeing the stuff that gets in versus the stuff that gets left on the cutting room floor is maddening.

>"Ra(kukaja) Su(kukaja) Ta(rukaja) Candy".
WHAT

While I'm at it

I think she's cute

>On that note god damn her beta designs were fucking great

I feel that way about almost every single Soejima design that actually looks different. His best designs always look pretty much the same in the concept stages.

I will admit that's definitely a much better samurai outfit though. I'm not actually much of a fan of the blue and white ones

Just like a Megatama, it hurts but it makes you stronger user.

Do any of the SMT games actually have legitimately good stories/characters or is it all "Decent for a video-game"-tier stuff?

>all agree
No I'm sure plenty of people prefer Debisama or SJ.

I would say generally SMT has great high concept writing supported by good characters but the actual prose isn't anything to write home about.

Semen demon
Bobo

I'm at the beginning of SMT4A, in Ueno. Do bad things happen to Asahi? She's the biggest moeblob I've seen in a while.

she's the bait character that makes bad things happen to others by standing around and getting in danger

Strange Journey

I don't think I've ever seen anyone come in literally asking for a spoiler.

Dagda cucks you and takes Asahi as his new host

Does mainline mean only Shin Megami Tensei games with numbers on them or does it refer to all games that wore the SMT title in Japan? Where do you draw the mainline line?

Nobody knows man.

Well SJ doesn't have a number on it but it's actually SMT4 and SMT4 is a direct sequel to it

Later on in the game Dagda forces you to kill her.

Trust me, you're gonna start liking her character after that

Pretty much just exclude any game you dont like. If you draw your arbitrary line at Perosna, or Digital Devil Saga, or even at Strage Journey. Just make it up as you go like most of the people here.

Be honest there was one you didn't want to kill right?

strawpoll.me/12891114

I didn't want to kill most of them, but the only one I really cared for, I never had to kill.

This track is so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2Cj608xVU&list=PLDABB8FBE123392F0&index=32

Alex Ahad for guest designer when?

SMT nine port when?

I'd prefer to see what Hirohiko Araki can do with free rein to make a demon design.

>Golems with hebrew on the face
Nice touch

Never.

Is that top right that demon that's basically some guys flying guts?

Is there any way to play nine?

Buy a Japanese Xbox. Then buy a of copy Shin Megami Tensei NINE. That's the only way.

Buy an Xbox

I'd save all but Nozomi and Toki if I could.

I settled with best boy Hallelujah.

So is DeSu OC the best SMT game story-wise or am I mistaken?

I'm surprised that never happened, considering Kaneko and Araki were always friends.

Araki is too busy trying to convince himself he's straight

That's stupid, Kaneko and Araki would clearly bond on their love for muscular, sexualized and handsome men

(no homo)

>Araki is too busy trying to convince himself he's straight
That ship sailed long ago user.
I fucking wish he still liked muscle. I hate these anorexic twiggy queerboy nuAraki proportions.

Who is the best physical demon in apocalypse? Is it matador? Andalusia seems really strong.

So explain to me again why classic turn based combat with a main character who can afford to spend turns switching demons mid battle is worse than press turn and freikugel/focus bot?

Is press turn even good

That's a good question.

What you are suggesting is that the main character be a worthless piece of shit who is only useful for bitchboy tasks like using items and switching out party members. Most people like it when the main character actually does useful things. You are entitled to your opinion though.

>dull
>repetitive
>easy
You tell me. It's only a smidge worse than press turn though.

I'm playing through SMTIV, is it worth it to level up demons to evolve them?

Because you won't get nonsense like orochi being able to attack 8 times until he runs out of sp

I like press turns

I rather have to make decisions on how to best use my resources instead of knowing that I should just DO DEEPS on the main character.

But are they even good

Not anymore you don't.

SMT IV

So I restarted Soul Hackers. It is indeed pretty fuckin' fun. The combat's so fast, the movement is so fast, the process of fusing demons and then needing new ones is so fast (which is kind of sad because I like to bond with demons but gotta go fast)

I like it. I guess the first time I played it I was too young to care.

Aleph always reminds me of that one guy in Gantz.
The name escapes me though.

Sorry to derail this but the press turn system isn't really related to freikugel/focus being op, and that is only something that happens in one game. You are complaining about main characters being too strong, and attributing it to the press turn system which doesn't make any sense. I think you are trying to say that the press turn system encourages you to skip one demons turn so your main character can get another move (assuming that you can't exploit a weakness or get a crit) because his turns are more valuable than a demons. Even if there wasn't press turns though, that wouldn't encourage you to do anything differently with your main character, it would just make you use one more move on a demon.

Your complaint seems to be about overpowered main characters, so focus on that unless you can find a way to tie it to the press turn system.

For the record, the reason I dislike traditional turn based combat is because speed on your healer becomes way too important and too often your healer doesn't get his turn until its too late.

It rewards teambuilding by making weaknesses/resistances really important, but was introduced alongside the game with a tiny demon roster and an MC who could learn viable attacking abilities but no better ways of swapping out demons. We never got a SMT1/2 style game with press turn.

There's plenty of ways to make it play nicer with demonswapping.
>summoning uses half a turn instead of full turns
>more ways to swap in/out; passives to let demons swap themselves out, 'hit and run' skills, more skills like Sabbatma and Bad Company so demons can help with demon-handling

>worthless piece of shit
You mean a regular ass person caught up in something bigger than they are? I love that aspect of SMT. You don't have to go toe-to-toe with gods and demons to be a hero. As fun as punching Lucifer in the face or rip-and-tearing Asura is I think "sending out a fuckton of faries to Mazio spam enemy hordes to death" is good in it's own right.

The same thing happens in DDS and SMT4

If there were no press turns, would I do anything but spam focus + really strong spell on my main character? No, I would still use focus/concentrate and a big ass nuke, because focus/concentrate is just too good to pass up, its FREE DAMAGE. The problem is that you get a fuckton of stats on your main character and you can dump it all in one attribute and do stupid damage.

I honestly don't remember Serph being that strong in DDS compared to everyone else though.

This is way one more id the superior system smkiddies

You're thinking of Kato, the best boy in the entire series.

I rather have my main character SUMMON DEMONS not be the DPS class of a MMO

>This is way one more id the

nani

DELET THIS

>Persona 5
>Demon keeps spamming some despair shit onto my main character
>Turn order goes Party ->Demon casting despair->Main character
>No matter what I will NEVER be able to move my main character because in between him being cured of despair by the rest of my party and his ability to take a turn is the demon casting the spell.
Yeah, that system is so fucking shit it was pretty enraging.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, but I'm just saying, its not the press turns that is the issue, its just the way they designed the main character.

Go back to /pg/ Makotofag, you're drunk.

Cute Satan

So, which game had the undisputed best battle system spin offs included.

worst girl

also P5's system is pretty much the same as SMT's except it takes twice as long.

Persona in general has always been obnoxious in that regard.