/hou/ - Night Wave: Just a few more days

Welcome back to another Night Wave thread.

Previously on Night Wave Let's rev up those engines! Starting with a meet in Galveston, with a few people coming from different cities and even states.
This meet hopefully will bring everyone out who has been inactive and not feeling the wave. Too long has been since we did anything that involved more then 5 people, so let's go out there, have a nice cruise/wangan to Galveston, take some pics, eat some great food, experience the real wave and keep growing! See y'all the meet.

Galveston Date Poll results:

Date has been decided for the 29th of July.

- Euro Wave, hang in there. Haddedam has some big plans coming up for you. Baltic meet soon.

New Videos:

Single Turbo Swap Part 1 & 2
>youtu.be/ugqI1_D4pMI
>youtu.be/5IsFwq7O5RY

Check out our roster (we'll do some updates on that)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

ZeeMaps
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Walkie Talkie app
>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

Reminder:

Bring as much as camera equipment as you can, let's try to get a lot of footage for memories and for those who will miss this meet.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=Ooples&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS699US699&oq=Ooples&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Ooples&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=29682248,-97014505,150344&tbm=lcl&rldimm=17483723697617005496&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdGaq9_6yU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=cXVDaFar578
volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=127481
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Correct Previous thread:

First.

actually youre second.

First non-OP reply. The only one that matters.

About to go scouting near lake Travis. Wish me luck lads

Good luck m8

Rough draft
Old Sticker Revival
Ferry
R A R E
Austin potential route?
Post car pic!
Quints of Truth
A possible touge for Galveston meet

G O O D L U C K

Hit the jackpot at lake Travis, only issue is the traffic but I may get some vids up tomorrow

apparently on the 9th ooples on 45 is doing an itasha show. Maybe we could work it in?

Good work scout!

Hopefully the traffic won't dick us too badly, or at least get much lighter in the evening.

Excellent work m8. Keep it up.

Ooples?

anime/hobby shop on the NW side

google.com/search?q=Ooples&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS699US699&oq=Ooples&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Ooples&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=29682248,-97014505,150344&tbm=lcl&rldimm=17483723697617005496&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10

>broken
(Jewbook) /oopleshouston/

(Thinks all other ways to format link are spam and I'm sick of doing 15 captchas)

wouldn't mind popping in and checking it out

I ran Lime Creek Road and a few other places today up near Austin. Pic related is the road. I'll have the lime creek vid up tonight. I had a really good time- I'd highly recommend it.

That's one sexy ass road. Look forward to video

I bought a Jetta with the slowest motor goys

>slowest engine
The 1.9 diesel??

Or is even that faster than the 1.4?

The 2.0? I had an auto one and was living the CEL life. Bitch wouldn't shift into fourth gear so I was on the interstate at 5000 RPM. Sold it was 240k to a Mexican for $400 running.

Bingo, it's mint though. Shifts like butter after adjusting the linkages.

I think mine was a bad sensor. It fixed itself for a few months then came back. The engine ran amazing for the miles, though it chugged oil.

Nice that it matches the Golf with the red paint.

I want a nightwave crest sticker for my land cruiser. Where can I pick one up?

In.

I can come pick up whenever

RAW VIDEO UP

plz no bully

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdGaq9_6yU&feature=youtu.be

Very nice.

Looks good user!!

Plenty of turns that will push my shitbox to its limits even at 30-40. Just what I need!!

That's what I like about runs llike this- its accessible for everyone. You don't need to have a ton of HP, or fast acceleration or a high top speed to get a good run in.

>drive to austin and back in a day
>no issues
>run down the road to my dads place to drop something off
>CEL

WHO CEL HERE?

It's called the "Touge Light" my friend.

More like it time fix me again light

B-but muh autism

>I had finally gotten the transmission arrow light off too

Shit after I fixed my truck I thought that everything was fine an then I had my cat go out

>delet my CEL bulb
>run my special Honda-only app to check OBD1 codes
>keep getting one for O2 sensor but it's new
>voltage is high as fuck on it

It's my only code and I want it gone damnit.

Looks fun, but I can already feel the pain my suspension is going to have on those elevation changes

I was wishing for a tighter suspension as I was driving kek. But it was the best road I've ran so far

going through old files

My onboard diagnostic is shit
>tfw no OBDII
I've been chasing a mystery EGR for months now. I goes, it comes back again no logic to it. I feel your pain

You gotta get on that Bilstein game

Is it a electric egr or vacuum

SUMMONING DRACULA

Bilstein's on all 4 corners + lowering springs + the panhard bar to not fuck your alignment costs 894 bucks...
>tfw I wanted sways and bushings too...

Vacuum, I've already replaced all the rubber lines to it and the electrical to the sensor and the actual EGR are fine. at this point maybe its a clog in the actual exhaust gas tubing? I just know if I leave the battery unplugged overnight it goes away for a couple of weeks.

Is it a ford?

nope

What model of Volvo?

2000 suzuki sv650 for broken fc rx7. Fair trade? Summoning focusst and/or bikefags

yeah if it has a title

Would that FC happen to be a black vert?

11.8 second 1/4 is some serious shit. Any chance I could flip it for $1000+? I would like to live a bit longer

940 t

Yeah it's a meme starter bike. depending on condition should be easy enough to sell running

I might show up to the Austin meet if I at least find the parts I need to replace soon.

I at least have a faster Jetta than

Hey goyims.

How's it been going?

It's not about what car you drive, it's how you drive your car.

The last guy who said that got 4th place out of 4 and lost his girl.

Vin Diesel won the race ...

That shit only works if you have an AE86

>i only understand memes
pls dont attend

I was referring to the basketball American in the Integra

And that's not the movie the quote's from, and thats not even the quote.

M O N I C A A A A A A A A A A

I know it's not exactly the same. Stop being autistic. It was more like
>It's not about how you stand by your car. It's how you drive it.
Close enough

>made a joke in error
>close enough, quit being autistic
how did i know you would do this

you got your movies mixed up, calm down jabroni

Damn i just downloaded that jackie chan movie where he races a evo and a gt3000 and its pretty aesthetic so far

>you got your movies mixed up
Impossible since I haven't seen whichever one you're thinking of.

What's the name of the movie?

jackie loves the EVO

name 3 things that aren't jackie chan

JACKIE CHAN

and maybe Jackie Chan

umm, Jackie Chan?

Damn.. I lost.

Hoping I can ride along with one of y'all

You like boats?

>sneaky skyline
I love how cities look at night... wish I didn't burnout in NYC and insisted I wouldn't live in another city of any kind.

I'm only 40mins out and I'm itching to move closer so badly

heres the bridge we cross before we hoon in Tallinn. Entire city opens up.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXVDaFar578

Now that's epic. Better than the view I get driving up 288, tho it's still damn impressive.

>just wanna be able to do my night drives thru the city
Feels bad man

Picture Roster: Cars so far:

>only fords

how will any other brands ever compete?

We're gonna miss one Ford this meet, they could have come out in full force.

Gina will most likely be there in spirit
I used to drive this stanced boat. Will probably end up rusting out in garage because my motivation to fix it is very low

>working on cars is my therapy
>don't have a project to work on atm or for the foreseeable future
>lack of project means I'm bored all day and just drink heavily
>can't sleep because I constantly feel unfulfilled
>user is letting a well balanced RWD beast rot and rust away
>MFW

Read this it should help
volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=127481

Dude I would buy an evo if I had the money, and it would piss off my sister.

I'm thinking about dropping a grand and getting a shitbox neon to make a rally beater out of, wanna help?

If I ever get funds to buy parts to fix it, I'll post on NW thread, we could work on it together
(No homo)

Yes to helping both of you. And making a rally beater genuinely sounds like an insane amount of fun

I know sweet fuck all and I'm not at all a mechanic. But I can read a guide, watch a video and turn a wrench.

if your houston let me know when your free and you can help me wrench on my grandpas old w123. I'll buy the beer.

Whats wrong with it

I'm in Lake Jackson, bowt 40mins out of Houston.

I'm free most weekends, I wouldn't mind driving up to lend a hand at all man. If you're coming to the Galveston meet we can plan something out

>UNRELATED QUESTION
What's a good area in Houston to live in for a poorfag??

Been looking at moving closer to/into the city for awhile and have literally no idea which places turn into ghettos at night etc?

Depends what you care about. If you have no standards for living conditions, location, or people, Houston has affordable housing.

If you have criteria, you should probably post them.

Volbro is a real estate agent. He can hook you up.

Don't wanna live in a ghetto, dont want a studio/apartment.

Don't mind living a littlebit outside (peatland area etc) for a bit more space, looks like you can get beautiful little 2 bed houses for like 200-250k.

Out here where I am that gets you fuck all since everything is so god damn expensive thanks to all the crazy money ppl make in the plants

Most just after info on what areas to avoid desu. We don't have kids, but we might want some in a few years, so safeish area is a must desu,

Just tell me your budget and the zipcodes/general areas your interested in

Honestly no idea, would have to go talk to a lender to see what kind of mortgage I could be approved for. Wouldn't be for a year or so yet anyway.

Was more looking for a rough idea on areas to look at or avoid.

Wife works in Lake Jackson and prob would continue to do so after the move, so south side of Houston is better to keep her commute around 40-1hr

are you going to the meet?