Whats Veeky Forumss opinion on the Hyundai Veloster Turbo? I'm not looking for anything crazy...

Whats Veeky Forumss opinion on the Hyundai Veloster Turbo? I'm not looking for anything crazy, Just something that's better than my current hatch (MK1 Focus). I've been looking around and I can get one of these with 30k miles on them for about 12-13k for a 2014-2015.

Anyone know any other cars in that price range with low miles that would be worth actually getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FiST

I thought about a FiST, but they want 17-20k for used ones in my area.

Hyundai still wasn't there yet
It's an alright car

cause it's a far better car m8

Veloster a shit, the automotive community/journalists think so, and Veeky Forums thinks so.

A used Fist with 70k miles on it is NOT wort 17k..

I'll sell you a used FiST with 25k miles for 17k

a used civic

Theres nothing good about any new Civic though. Especially with their retarded high prices.

>Theres nothing good about any new Civic though. Especially with their retarded high prices.
>any new Civic
>new Civic
>a used civic
>used civic

I meant new as in post 2010. They are ugly as sin, and most are heavily riced out or beat to shit.

The have terrible ride quality. The suspension is stiff which isn't a bad thing but the semi-automatic manual gearbox jerks you around especially in the low rpm range. Maybe as a daily you could better handle it but I've driven thousands of cars and it is just uncomfortable to drive.

Already read about the ride quality. I have not had the pleasure of driving thousands of cars like you oh mighty car god who knows all. So honestly I don't give a fuck, It's going to be better than a beat to shit Focus with 140k miles on it.

Say it to my face bitch.

Love my 2016. Only difference from the 2015s and prior is the dark grey lip around the grille, the better instrument cluster from the Elantra Sport, the better nav system with Android/Carplay, slight suspension enhancements and slightly wider tires with the new wheel design.

It's not a track car by any means. Suspension isn't independent in the rear, which means the slightest imperfection in the road turns the whole thing into a jumpy squirrel. There's no limited-slip diff which means you're basically gonna screech the front tires whenever you want to accelerate WOT. Transmissions manual and dual-clutch leave a lot to be desited., especially the dual-clutch, which just never knows what gear it wants to be in in auto mode, and isnt quick enough in sport mode.

But guess what?

It's still a decent car, even fun actually. It's quick enough to get into trouble, and its midrange torque is admirable. Steering is quick, has a nice weight to it, car feels very light and tossable overall. And leather interior standard, I can't think of too many competitors available with a panoramic roof, and total quality overall is on par with Honda, and much better than anything from Ford. Also wont cost an arm and a leg to maintain like anything from VW. Also looks less pedestrian than everything else competing.

Seriously if you like the look of it go for it. What it lacks in performance hardware it makes up for in style and value.

I see. If I could reccomend a post 2010 civic, look for the 8th gen coupes.
I think that they lasted through the 2010 and 2011 model years.

Been looking, I don't mind them, but they ask some silly fucking prices for any decent Si, One was 10k for a 08 (nearly 10 years old) with 150k miles on it.

I'm not really interested in any base models of anything. Which I know jumps the price. But fucking 10k for a 10 year old civic is fucking stupid.

I paid $10k for a 2013 on.

I like it.

Did you get a base, or a Turbo?

Big front grille = turbo.

Oh, I didn't know that the none turbo had the different grill styling.

It's got a smaller grille with the weird body-color beaver teeth and overall slightly less edgy/aggressive bumpers. I personally slightly prefer it over the Turbo because the Turbo stuff looks a bit tacked on.

I'm debating on going out today or nextweekend for a test drive on one. Anything I should expect?

Ignore buyer's remorse: the post here.

The suspension is basic, and the Koreans still haven't figured out how to make something go fast and feel fast. The steering is dead. The transmission is completely uninspiring. The engine's mostly there, but still not quite to the tier of any other turbo 4 on the market. The styling is polarizing. The three doors are silly. There's absolutely no fucking visibility out the back. You are, at the end of the day, driving a Hyundai.

Save for a few months, pick up the FiST. Take out a small loan, pick up the FiST. Get a Mazdaspeed3, it's basically a FoST. You can do much better than a Veloster.

I wasn't planning on buying it in the next few weeks. I'm looking at 2-3 months down the road.

The FiST/FoST are more unreliable, less comfortable and more expensive than Korea. Pretty much a fact.

OP can do much better than American and Korea however, and get a WRX.

Turbo 6 speed.

GET THE 6 SPEED. The automatic/dct are outright garbage and make the car feel worse. Its not the best car Ive ever driven but its a good car. Get a new one if you can.

Does it have direct injection?

The Rally's suspension is pretty damned good, and its not that expensive to upgrade a Turbo's suspension to it.

I'll agree with the steering, its an issue. Transmission is fine as long as its the 6 speed. The styling isn't bad, its unique. Its what separates it from other hatchbacks. I'm 6 feet tall and I dont know what youre talking about visibility. I see fine out the back.

As for your last point; Who cares if its a Hyundai? They're getting better and better all the time, with both reliability AND performance. Even better when you invest into the car mildly and BTFO of cars like the FiST/Golf/ect.

There's one Rally edition for sale near me, but they want 18k for it. Which is just too much for me.

>veloster a shit

Mmhmm sweetie, ok.

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

You tempt me more and more.

>Anyone know any other cars in that price range with low miles that would be worth actually getting?
this with the 1.4L Turbo and a 6 speed manual. LT or LTZ model is a good sweet spot.

The company I work for rents out a couple of these. Not worth buying.
What said. DCT is crap.

You could get a C4 Corvette with 30k-50k miles for $12k.

It's like the CRZ, a gorgeous car that looks sporty, but is just boring. CRZ still has a decent chassis but no space.

I'd rather spend the same amount of money on a mint Integra GS-R.

I have the Non turbo one. its fun, comfy and stable at fast turns. although the suspension is rough.

If you don't care about exterior or interior styling at all, get a Cobalt SS; one of the best fwd handling cars, can handle a lot of power on stock internals and can be had for sub 10k

Just don't let the shoddy ignition switch kill you.

You should save some money and get pic related, either RS or LTZ turbo trim

>subjective good looks
>suspension tuned by Corvette engineer
>turbo engine that won't punch a hole in the block
>Extensive aftermarket

Assmad abarthfag spotted

It just looks ghey m8. Even more gay than the Veloster, which is a feat on its own worth commending.

>your opinion matters

Sonic is ghey, pal.

Deal with it.

>being this assblasted

>how many more memepics should I post to hide my projecting?

>implying I'm projecting
I'm not the one fixated on what's gay and what's not, seems like you have some deep seeded issues

The Sonic is gay. Just a fact.

Unrustle your jimmies.

>my opinion is fact
Just stop

Clearly you own a Sonic.

That's rough user. Apologies.

I dont, I just think you have shitty opinions

That's a nice opinion.

Better than yours

I'm not the one shilling a shitty GM econobox designed to appeal to homosexuals.

that car is adorable :3

The CRZ is so disappointing. It looks suuuuper good. It's also suuuuper slow. :(

Get a Golf 2.5, or a FiST/FoST or even a mini cooper.

But we're not talking about the Spark

Spark EV was the best hot hatch of the decade

When did abarth get involved?!