/vn/ - Grape Edition

Visual Novel General #1445

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!tMVSCRTK!WvZ_bCPqG4nf7wcUHC7_2Q
denpasoft.com/shop/the-labyrinth-of-grisaia-unrated/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I LOVE GRAPES

^_^

nth for the love of my life.

P I Z Z A
I
Z
Z
A

Rape the Grapes!

>tfw no VN about taking the hobbits to Isengard

where can I get the Hatsukoi patch?

from /ourguys/ site

thanks man

>i actually wanted to look for it on Nyaa but then realized its dead

moegebros are pretty diverse here. I'll be seeding hatsukoi until I finish reading it in a month or so.

Thanks for the magnet user from a couple threads ago.

Oyasumi VN

I LIKE LOLIS!

lolibabas = ruby roman grapes

You sir, get it; lolibaba are the epitome of loli.

>lolibaba
>>>/reddit/

I simply enjoy a loli that doesn't have the developed mind of a pre-schooler. Is that too much to ask?

There is nothing wrong with that, there is something wrong with using the term "lolibaba" though.

How is it wrong? It's a woman that is old but has the body of a young girl. What would you rather it be called? Short, and concise.

I didn't say it was inaccurate, but it's wrong. If you don't understand >>>/reddit/

Cakege is future of eroge.

DEAD THREAD
E
A
D

T
H
R
E
A
D

Sleep forever.

wow what the fuck makina

I love Emilia

^_^

Ravioli, ravioli, please cum in my assholi!

ugh, crappy h-scenes

DEAD THREAD
E
A
D

T
H
R
E
A
D

Dead thread, dead medium, dead nyaa, dead me.

>Worried about using the word "bukkake" in english.

I'm pretty sure that word is a loan word in english at this point. Which actually posed the question of how many japanese loan words english has; the most interesting one I didn't know about being "Tycoon", which is a loan word of 大君, used as early by english speakers as 1857.

so why did nyaa's owner nuke everything?

Because to make sure the fire rises right, you must sacrifice one in the wreckage.

>Downloading metadata from 0 peers (0% done)
>Downloading metadata from 1 peer (0% done)
>Downloading metadata from 2 peers (0% done)
>Downloading metadata from 1 peer (0% done)

What are you guys reading?

Yep. If it's in the dictionary then it's a loan word, and "bukkake" is in english dictionaries.

More like "I'm going to bukkake you!" sounds weird in writing even if it is in dictionaries

probably cause it isnt a verb you fuckin retard

None. I'm just trying to hoard as many as possible at the moment. I can't even find a peer for Chocolate Princess...

Tried reading Hatuskoi again but it made me sad again so I'm just watching /vn/ again.

It's only valuable as a verb. If you're just going to say "bukkake" as a noun you may as just stick with "cover" as a verb. "I'll cover you with semen" sounds way better in English than "I've decided to end this with a bukkake" or whatever other phrasing is twisted to accommodate bukkake as a noun.

Downloaded the Dal Segno fandisc after the current nyaa developments, better be safe than sorry. Will power through it with text hook after reading the mangagamer version of the main game.

anyone have that pic of Beatrice making fun of the uu'ing?

Guys i'm literally shaking right now...

What if Dies Irae gets delayed?

Grisaia no rakuen will have unrated version ?

>Can´t seed /ourguys/ VN because it seems I downloaded another torrent
>However already downloading and seeding the next one they doing
I tried to help

it'll have a directors cut version which is censored.

I have this.

Today's the day Irru releases the full patch!

Heresy! Ryu beats the crap out of Rosa any day of the week!

What's this general's stance on non-Japanese VNs? I've played Army Gals recently and it was pretty good, but mostly because there's a distinct lack of delinquent heroines in galgames.

Stance: Offtopic, GTFO

Thread stance: take this shit away from here. Personal stance: They nevel excel, even the best western novels are mediocre at their top.

Katawa Shoujou is the only acceptable one. Everything else is trash.
fuck off

pretty sure the stance is "kek"

So is there a more appropriate general then? This one seemed the best fit.

There was but it died because no one gives a shit about them. Just go make it again and hope someone else is interested as they don't belong here.

>This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.

SAKUSAKU WHEEN ????

>This one seemed the best fit.
>Not reading the OP

There used to be an /evn/ but nobody cared about it. You can try and restarted it if you want

Fixed

Sasuga, doutei-san.

I've come to the conclusion today heroines that call the MC "doutei-kun" all the time are best girls or at least in great tier

Morning /vn/
Is it finally time to end it all

I'm re reading muv Luv Alternative for the 5th time

I'm reading Hatsukoi right now, and read Dracu Riot just a few weeks ago, so I've been called that a ridiculous amount of times these past few weeks.

They're fine in theory, it's just that no western developers have the funds or experience like the Japanese do to create kamige. I mainly like long and epic VNs and there are no such thing made from westerners yet.

Also I happen to use VNs to study Japanese and I obviously can't do that if the VN is in english.

I want that grape to molest me.

Why doesn't mega.nz/#F!tMVSCRTK!WvZ_bCPqG4nf7wcUHC7_2Q match the checksums here denpasoft.com/shop/the-labyrinth-of-grisaia-unrated/

>tfw a self conscious grape will never sexually assault you while touching herself
why even live

Careful user it may be mustard gas.

>grape
worst and ugly piece of dogshit.

Question related to the translation for Tsujidou. I'll probably ask again later in the day as well—more input that way.

In the very-rushed TL I did for the sneak peek, there was one character that spoke with a Kansai dialect, but I just more or less ignored it because it was supposed to just be a proof-of-concept release anyway.

And so how do you readers feel about how Japanese dialects are generally done in translations? I just made up accents for the English when dialects came up back in Nisekoi, but I've never actually asked a community how people feel about it. Any suggestions or opinions?

Irru also wants to know about slang. Are you guys okay with a ton of cursing and whatever?

If that's what the character is like in Japanese then do your best porting that over. How are you going to do accent tho?

Ignore and translate like normal. Much better than when translators make them speak like niggers.

Older version, probably.
I think some font issue got patched.

Wait for a trustworthy version

Though I'd usually agree, with a VN that is primarily about delinquents, I'd feel that some of the original feeling is lost if we do this.

I'd say it's a bad idea to just ignore it, just don't go spastic on it
Most of the charm comes from the va anyway

Tsujidou has a lot of deliquent talk, ignoring it would be a huge waste.

do what your heart tells you

>I'd feel that some of the original feeling is lost if we do this.
Basically this. I think it's OK if it's not necessary to get a feeling of what a character is like, but it often is necessary.

Ignoring it would be basically like actors using obviously American accents in a yurop setting. It stands out to the audience and not in a good way.

When it comes to dialects I find it interesting and more character developing if the situation falls under "oops my dialect came out" with a line of dialogue as opposed to every line being fundamentally awkward/different than the rest of the vn. But they can all be chalked up to being a grey area since it all really comes down to what it actually comes out reading like. You could always try showing an example or two of how they would turn out.

As for slang and cursing, if it's how the character acts I'm generally for it.

Moderation is key. slangs and jargons are part of the theme in that vn. So you can't ignore it entirely but don't go overboard so much that the discrepancy between the va and the translation becomes too far-fetched.

Take it into account, just don't overdo it.
Like... you know...

You still can hear them speak with accent. There no reason to translate it to some retarded nigger speech.

What vn are you reading while mourning the loss of nyaa?

Yes, but then there's a dissonance between what you hear and what you read.

You're insinuating that translating dialects and accents must necessarily butcher a character but ironically, sandblasting off that aspect of a character already guarantees that you're butchering the character anyway. If the source text itself has dialogue quirks that are a key part of a character, the translation should try to preserve it.

chrono clock
maybe if i could have gone back 5 minutes
they could have killed me instead

I really don't get how this shit manages to always hold up well, but it just does doesn't it

I've been reading Sekien no Inganock. It's been enjoyable so far.

Kira kira, but I've go to leave and be a wagecuck soon.

Been meaning to read this, but the art looks a bit off-putting.

Do anta have any mondai with dialects, lad?

Ignoring it removes some of the characterization and makes them feel more flat, though going fully in the other direction is retarded. So as long as it isn't douzo, lad tier then I feel it should be translated over to some degree.
Basically don't do a Sekai Project.

>tfw ESL and it's hard picking up on her spoken English words

>but then there's a dissonance between what you hear and what you read.
Never stoped commie devs and other "localizers" like Conj-poop to remove honorifics and many other things.