2018 Mustang

>12:1 compression, 7500 RPM, dual injection V8 and more torque/power for the Ecoboost
>new 10 speed auto (from ZL1) and updated 6 speed manual (with dual mass flywheel)
>standard suspension up to previous Perf Pack standards, new Perf Pack gets magnetic shocks
>12" digital gauge cluster, new trim on center console, ventilated seats and heated steering optional
>3 new colors (Kona Blue, Royal Crimson, Orange Fury) and more trims (Pony pkg, Black Accents, Carbon Fiber)
>GT gets quad exhaust with quiet and loud modes
>more safety features
>V6 is kill

Thoughts?

will wait couple years to get it for 12 grand

Looks gay as hell. The platform is still fat and old.

>Thoughts?
Camaro is still better. Ford a shit.

The platform was launched in 2015 and it's old?
>updated 6 speed
Haven't looked it up yet, but please be a t56.

T56's are outdated. T6060's replaced them, and I don't know what replaces those.
As long as it isn't a shitty Chinese trans it should be fine.

Have they finally gone direct injection? The has been a bung in the head for it since the Coyote came out

I already said it had dual injection

The price for the new PP is going to be steep with the magnetic shocks. Over $45k

Is there a new i4 ecoboost one?

wew that's fucking gorgeous

>lolpushrods

>V6 is kill
Ehh, whatever. It sucks because the 4cyl tarbo will definitely be less reliable, but they were so close in performance that it seemed like a waste. 10spd seems like too much, but if you actually have power with a V8, the really tall highway gears are good. I know some people with Vettes that raise the gearing in their 6spd and they can cruise at 60mph around 1000rpm and get good mileage on the highway. And the dual clutch autos are pretty fancy with all those gears so as long as the computer that controls it is competent, it will be fine.

If I bought a Mustang, I would never even consider the 6cyl or 4cyl anyway so it makes no difference to me.

>V6 is kill
Well fuck, RIP non-shitbox cheapo-cruiser.

>the really tall highway gears
that's not what a 10 speed is about, it's about getting more intermediate ratios
they won't lug the engine with a huge overdrive

Yeah I know, but in the cars with more torks, a few of those gears are going to be for dat highway MPG.

>muh too heavy meme
You're just as bad as boomers

I'm just hoping the S650 sheds a few hundred pounds

So 4 real gears then 3 over drive? I hate this trend. My old BMW had 5 gears before it went under 1:1.

you're a fucking nigger

the v6 mustang is, and always will be worthless garbage for the brain-dead degenerates who think it's a """"""""muscle"""""""" car

>daily reminder that the only good v6 muscle car ever made is the grand national

Does it have direct injection?

kek fpbp

What do you think dual injection means?

I mean it's different when you have a big V8 with lots of torque. They aren't meant for towing and you can get up near highway speeds in first gear so it's different.

Pic is the old 6spd auto vs newer 8spd

Shit wrong pic

And it's not just the gear ratios in the trans, but the rear diff too

carbooraytur

>buttblasted 350r fanboy
zl1 trashes your gaystang.

>hate american cars

>americans are the only ones making affordable performance cars in manual

why is the world so cruel

FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY

The transmission is not "From a XL1" retard. It's from ZF, the company who makes all of the best auto trannies these days

Does it have direct injection?

Zl1* forgive me I'm a dirty phoneposter

Does this mean they finally got rid of the bottleneck Chinese transmissions? seems like there isn't much to hate now.

Kek

>t. rcr

>best auto tranny

the best auto tranny is removing that piece of shit & replacing it with a real transmission with a shifter + clutch

This

Ahh, I was also looking for this. There are slightly different rear end ratios, but this is the math somebody did for the 8spd auto and 7spd manuél. You can see how sports cars with power and torque that are built for numbers and not towing or shitboxing around the city, the gears are all pretty high.

Not the point I was making special friend. Turn that book right side over and get back to kindergarten.

Will get when I can afford. But by then something better will be out

The C5 Z06 is pretty cheap now and even being old it is more capable than 95%+ of cars on the road.

>all that tech
>still a rustang
faggot_ass_ponycar.webm

Does the engine in the car have the injection type that directly injects petrol into the chambers of combustion?

slower than a civic

>filled hexes on grille
JUST

easiest way to fuck up aesthetics

Good thing that's the outgoing model, then

I'm extremely interested to see how quick an ecoboost with the 10AT will be.

I just looked up the press photos of the 2018. That retarded front fascia had me laughing so hard i was crying

Wow, that's Jaguar F-type tier

I'll take "shitty GM products with no visibility" for 200, Alex

I mean the it was a 540i, so 325ft lbs of torque.
Same tranny was still used in the M5 with 395ft lbs. So either way it not short on torque.

I get you don't NEED those lower gears with lots of torque, but do you really need more than one over drive. Just have one or two with a super low ratio, because if you have so much torque you aren't gonna lug the engine. Just one gear for 60mph then one for 75mph cruising. Atleast in a manual.

In a auto they can gear it how ever they want.

Kek around what cherry picked go kart track? Have you driven both? No Type R here but the SI isn't "fast" by any real means.

Yeah 10spd is too much in some of these cars. I guess maybe 7spd would be straight in a V8 car so you have like 1-5 for all sorts of regular driving, and then 6-7 for highway cruising depending on speed and terrain.

Part of the C7 trans is tryin to hit 30mpg highway.

All those modifications and it can't touch the Camaro SS handling and acceleration.

Yes but that means you have to look at the Camaro

Performance is the only thing that matters gayboi. Now get over here so I can fuck your ass raw lol.

>hate American cars

Why?

prezo

took you cuck long enough to come up with something able to compete

I actually celebrate it because it can only mean even better stuff from Ford in the future, and more domestic performance at an affordable level. The American car industry is becoming great again.

can someone redpill me on magnetic shocks? would I be able to put them on my shitbox?

>americuck cars
>performance

lol

The mustang looks dope but I have how they are still parading a dead dude's fucking name. It's bad form.

Keep talking and keeping those lips warm. You gonna b sucking my dick soon lol.

Found
On
Road
Dead

lmfao

I have that car and it's fine, no one even sits in my backseats

Crappy
Hot
Running
Engines
Very
Rusted
Out
Lose
Every
Time

General
Mistake

Garage
Man's
Companion

It looks like a European car

It looks like a Jaguar, say it

Fuck you

>700 unit limited production version of Nissan's halo car, which costs 150k, needs an 80k bodykit in order to go literally 1% faster than a 65k Chevy which isn't even their halo car

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>a ford looks like a rebadged ford
wow, really made me think
Ford really has no shame

>performance is the only thing that matters
>has never won le mans

that's not how it works user, specially not when it comes to Nürburgring's fastest laps
there's this thing called diminishing returns, and a percentage isn't an accurate indicator btw

Your meme car can't beat a car with a V6 from an F-150, fuck off

do British car companies even exist anymore?

not GM cuck but I had to point out
"CHREVROLET"

sperg more

performance is the only thing that matters

These new muscle cars all just look like fucking bath tubs

WTF meant to post this

Than clearly the Nismo GT-R is a pile of shit. This is significantly faster.

Let's get real here. If I was looking at two different cars that both met my needs I'd pick the one that felt better to drive, whether it performed better or not. If I was cross shopping a C7 with the latest gen viper when it was available new if the C7 felt better, which it probably wouldn't but I wouldn't know, I'd pick the C7.

the nismo is indeed slower than the huracan, however the huracan is not a volume production car, so it's apples to oranges here

>mental gymnastics
ok, but the c7 is slower than the GTR around the nurburgring

Why do reddit phoneposters always have to say the gayest shit?

GT-R Nismo MSRP: 174,000
C7 Z06 MSRP: 79,000
The two cars you're comparing aren't even in the same price bracket. That burgerking time was set by the Nismo model, not the base model. And it's not exactly mental gymnastics to say that some cars feel different from others and different people like different feelings from their cars.

>has sold more than 3500 a year, 3 years in a row
>more than the GT-R has ever sold in a year
>not volume production

Nice mental gymnastics lol

see >performance is the only thing that matters
>t. GM fangirl

sorry, the GTR is faster

>double digit IQ freddit from reddit posts wrong picture and spergs out
Sperg more.

>more than the GT-R has ever sold in a year

lol no, more than 12,000 GTR's have been sold just in the US, whereas the 3500 figurs of the huracan are global besides, the carbon half monocoque of the huracan is made by hand, so it's not a volume production car

>drumpftard spergs

lol

>implying im american
Sperg more.

is not me

>buying a convertible chasing laptimes
>putting every possible option on a corvette to try and make your point sound more viable when it still is 50k short of the basic version of the fast trim GT-R that you need to actually be that much faster

damn, you're right
I stole it in horizontal format and didn't check

it doesn't matter if it's not you, GM fangirls have accepted that performance is the only thing that matters, therefore the GTR is superior, if performance is not the only thing that matters, then the GTR is still superior, as it doesn't overheat after a lap or blows up after just 7 miles, all of which has been documented in the c7 z06, c7 stingray and c7 GS

>b-but cheaper
you will need a new engine everytime you blow the one in the corvette, so in the long run the corvette will be more expensive

>ameriwannabe
even worse

>C7 Z06
That doesn't include the Z07 package

>over 10000 sold
>not volume production
sperg more
>handbuilt = not volume production
GT-R engines are handbuilt, sperg more

>it's an alphonse imposter episode
Alphonse is a hilldawg, pic related was posted by him

Although, maybe he has moved to the acceptance phase of grief :^)

>65k chevy
try again

a base model v8 is 103k euro
also that camaro isnt even available to the public LMAO

>euro
There's your problem. A ZL1 is 60k if you don't live in a third world continenent

>10,000 huracans sold
nope

engines are not the body, what matters is if the body is made by hand or in a production line, as the body is where the VIN is placed

the huracan carbon half monocoque is made by hand, therefore it is not a volume production vehicle

but the american continent, aside from canada, is thirld world