Why did it change? At least the Challenger kept the styling through the years

Why did it change? At least the Challenger kept the styling through the years

Because of direct injection. The directional injectors need more cooling.

Literally only "muh retro" redesigns look like the most popular boomer style. This was the charger in 86.

Also i want to add that IMO the Charger/Mustang/Camero all look to similar, tried to keep the sharp edges of the old cars but still improve aerodynamics.

Whoops

Sweet jesus... just kill the fucking name and use another were they THAT desperate to sell those cars that they had to name them "charger" in hopes of getting people through the showroom ?

The Challenger is the only one that looks similar to the classic models, you know, the reason they were popular.

Or maybe bring back the classic design that made them cool and seperate the new ones?

Challenger and charger occupied the same role. They made the charger a sedan, gave it an AWD option, and kept the name for memes.

the old Charger really looks like shit

at least the new one is a decent American attempt at a sports sedan

Stop triggering me

Thanks for the answer , im not much of a car guy, trying to change that

>Challenger Concept

>Charger Concept

yeah nah

the real reason its a sedan is that Dodge was going after the Crown Vic fleet market

Which was a large Sedan with police applications. They were diversifying their target markets. How is that different to what I said?

because they didnt make it a sedan because of the Challenger

The LX Chargers look so much better than the new ones.

Never implied it was because of the challenger specifically. It could be said that the challenger stayed 2 doors because of the nu-charger.

It doesn't matter which one came first. It's obvious they kept the charger name for brand recognition. They just couldnt make two big 4 door cars or two big 2 door cars.

Should've called this bodystyle the Cornet.

They were going after the police market and it also looks similar, could've called it a Monaco too.

why dont new cars keep the clearance that old cars had like in OPs pic?

Wait until you see the Dart.

best meme

>he thinks that nigger carriage is better than the newer model

we have paved roads now

Believe it or not, models can EVOLVE over time. They never stopped making cars called Chargers, they just switched to the K platform eventually.

The most iconic Mustang for car enthusiasts was designed not to look like a Mustang.

Our infrastructure is crumbling dumb ass. Higher clearance still makes more since.
The most iconic Mustang for car enthusiasts is the first gen.

>01
go back to pol u racist fuck

>Higher clearance still makes more since.
No it isn't there are NO fucking potholes so fucking huge you need 6 inches of clearance

Fuck you, that generation is hideous.

Can I put a front clip on a magnum tho?

I don't understand how you go from perfection to fucking shit every other car ever.

Possibly rollover risk?
I dunno, I don't even question the engineering and design decisions from Dodge anymore because of their retardation
For example, Pic related is where the battery is located on a dodge stratus

As an europoor I got interested in a charger here (2015+) because they look so damn good.

My brothers boss has an 2012 charger srt8 and wanted to sell it to me for 35k even though they go a lot higher higer. Still brandnew and fully equipped.
I would have bought it if it wouldnt look so fucking idioticly bad. Jesus christ it makes me just angry looking at that hideous design.
American idol cars from like 2000-2014 looked so fucking stupid its unbelievable.

Weird how 2015 saved a lot american cars. Challenger got head and rear lights revamp that doesnt make it look like its from 1980 (same for charger) and made the body less soapbox. Same story for the mustang. Even here they are suddenly getting approvals for looking damn good for once. Even better than german counterparts. Im even looking for a good mustang to buy.

>look so damn good

They didn't understand where wheels should go on old muscle cars. Looks like they played pin the wheels on the donkey

Totally bro
Gotta get 22s on the whip

Fox body?

It's probably due to drag / air resistance > fuel consumption. The less air under your car the better.

pic related has hit 273mph

aw yea im from bendigo dat car

It definitely looks better, that's for sure. The new one has so much aero invovoled it's dumb.

Welcome to Seattle. Potholes because we have to spend our tax dollars on needle parks.