/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online Genera

Comfy flesh-eating monstrosity Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/crown-store-showcase-may-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/eso-morrowind--warden-developer-qanda

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/138714024

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

>Latest PTS (public test server) patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340864/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-2/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guidë]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=5jY66zHksLc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUe3XOVWvdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for sup nig

so is it better to just buy them permanently then?
is there any DLC that you'd say is "trash" and not worth it?

KURWA

I would. And all of the DLC have their place.

I don't really care about PvP. Does that help?

Aren't girls aware that these things are colloquially called black belts of blowjobs?

Well, even if you hate PvP, several of the DLC dungeons are located in the imperial city DLC pack (white gold tower and imperial city prison). If you are a healer, you'll want spell power cure out of WGT, and if you are a tank you might want leeching out of ICP, and scathing mage out of ICP may be making a comeback as a good DPS caster set.

they're not going to remove Vivec's death stare in the expansion, right?

Alright, thanks pal. I was looking mainly at the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood DLC packs, since I'm playing a Nightblade at the moment (heard they're getting destroyed in morrowind patch though, JUST). Are those questlines good/better than the base game?

Sort of, it's a lot more homoerotic.

They should remove the death stare of vampires first
also do skins like the one from vMOL override the visual vampire effects?

Yes, sadly.

Thieves guild and DB are very similar quest lines, the main difference is stealing vs. shanking. But, both have their charm, and can offer ways to make decent money. With the thieves guild, you can do their repeatables and get large reward bags (doing ac action, like breaking into a lockbox or pickpocketing NPC's in 3 separate zones) that can drop motif pages, which sell quite well. DB quests have similar repeatables, either shanking people in towns or specific NPC's.

Then there are heists and sacraments, higher level missions. They involve you going into an instance and completing several objectives for a score. COmplete all of the optionals and main objective, get the best reward.

Finally, the skill lines from both guilds offer good bonuses. Thieves guild lets you sneak and steal better, DB lets you shank and get way better. The DB passive that reduces the aggro radius of enemies while you are on horseback lets you farm the bosses of certain dungeons in 20 minutes or less solo, depending on build.

I've hardly been into the imperial city. I went in once on Blackwater Blade and kept getting rekt by elite mobs.

What's the deal with it? Are there more people in on the 50+ campaigns? Or is it something you need friends to really manage?

People go into IC for two reasons.

1. To farm the mobs for telvar stones, which can be traded for specific gear, consumables, cosmetics, etc.

2. To farm the people who are farming the telvar stones, if you kill them, you get some AP and half of the stones they are carrying.

So nobody plays it for fun like the rest of Cyrodiil?

I do, and I have a blast. You can go in there with a modified PvE build to fight the mobs, get motifs and key fragments, open the vault doors for a chance at good loot, and occasionally (or frequently) meet other players. There are also some crafting stations located in the imperial city that are pretty powerful.

"H-hey! My cock's down here!"

>no one has alts
good, looks like they are finally on the right track.

does Mike Kirkbride play TESO?

I want to hang with Kirkbride. Just have some beers and smoke some weed.

People still have alts, but now you have to run them through 100x as much shit to pray for legendaries so that can be your main. At launch top guilds had players make up to like 5 versions of the same class and multibox because you needed X legendary to be BiS.

You can't stop alts.

Sure you can, mmos didn't used to have this sort of thing, people had alts, sure, maybe fun little ones to mess around with, shifting mains was a huge deal, something people only did after a lot of consideration. This both insured class diversity because nobody expected you to make a new character with every patch, because by the time you did get back to where you were, many patches would have come and gone and the balance would be totaly different anyway. People played a character, not a game. It was about being the strongest X you could be, not just reading whats currently OP and shifting all your assets to that.

The problem is illustrated in your post i think, its an item based progression system, with a definite end goal that you get to.
Any system with a final objective is going to have to allow people to reach that objective, and if some people reach it, then everyone else is going to want to reach it too and bitch if they cant.

Now imagine if instead of playing to obtain something specific, you played to simply become stronger. No ultimate goal, but rather always a fairly easy to obtain short term goal. Your effectiveness was measured in how good you were at progressing, not where you were in the progress.

In the system you just described having multiple alts was actually a way to reach the ultimate goal faster, thats oposite of what im talking about.

Currently one can claim that total time /played in a game (including time out of game researching the games mechanics) make you a stronger player. You understand the game more, you get better at it. Characters used to grow in experience as the player grew in experience. You gained gain experience and your character gained exp and the time spent by you was mirrored by your character. Now you wear characters like a piece of equipment, and the characters themselves only progress via equipment, things that are discarded when no longer needed, instead of experience that always stays with you.

>tfw you level your character to flawless demigod
>ZOS gifts you with nerfhammer

Ive decided to give this game a fresh, new go, since I bought the game at launch.

Only real gripe I have with it is the combat, is there a way to make it feel less spammy and floaty? Atleast bows feels really shitty to me. Any recomendations on what class to play?

Are group delves similar to public dungeons in difficulty?
I don't have a group to run with but I am interested in at least getting these skyshards for now.

>its a "I want this MMO to be something completely and fundamentally different, why won't the developer just rehaul their entire game!

Meta theorycrafters will never stop crunching the numbers to find the 1% best of the best and since its a group effort they generally converse.

Their builds filter down to people who have no clue how to play but see that the best of the best players recommend X so they pick X.

X becomes overpopulated so people who don't play X feel out of the loop and pressured to roll X leading to the company nerfing X/buffing Y to compensate which means theorycrafting now discuss build Y.

ESO is already in a great place with a gear cap resulting in a horizontal gear progression system that makes gear from a variety of activies viable depending on your build and playstyle. Generally trials gear is the best but not always the case in every scenario, as we are seeing as well with Morrowind they are not wiping the slate clean and forcing everyone to get to a new gear cap that only includes new gear.

You want a sandbox MMO, go play a sandbox MMO.

And it doesnt matter because you are still the most powerful _your class_ in the game and people are awed when you pass them in town and you can still kill the vast majority of everything by looking at it, and at this point power is more academic anyway.

The proper mmo is like an endless DBZ powerup episode. I say this as someone who hates DBZ, but power is intoxicating and you can craft a game to give that sense of power, ive played them. But no, people would rather log onto alts and do dailies and then circlejerk on discord or whatever

How much of a dps loss is it if I don't weave light attacks between skills? I don't have the rhythm for it and it feels spastic as fuck.

Let's say I want to switch my build from one type of armour to another and I've got no experience in the other armour type.

What's the fastest way to level it up?

Just run into Celestia Rift in Claglorn, so how do I beat this mini event? I'm getting trashed so hard and so many times.

training set of that gear and just go do quests, since XP is scaled to your level you'll zoom through the armor levels.

Pretty big.

Full set of gear to equip when returning quests.

Easiest to hardest

Delves -> Public Dungeons -> Craglorn Delves -> Dungeons -> Veteran Dungeons -> Veteran Dungeon Hard Modes -> Trials -> Veteran Trials -> Veteran Trial Hard Modes

>just rehaul their entire game
It wouldnt be, theyve already taken steps in my direction, it would just be continuing down the path. Im not asking for radical mechanical changes, just changing some exp curves and taking one half of the VR system and combining it with one half of the CP system. See, its all stuff thats already been in game, just arranged a little different.

>filter down
sure optimal is always known, but the point is its impossible to chase optimal if you require progression to take enough time.

>sandbox
thats a buzzword, i think only mmo hipsters think its a good idea because the kind of shit sandbox proponents drone on about is nothing like the way the mmos they claim to be trying to 'recapture' were like.

I will give it a shot then, I have no trouble in public dungeons solo when my internet isn't acting up so maybe I can do them.

>be a beautiful yellow altmer
>vampire
>stage 4
>whiter than a wall now, fucked eyes and ugly veins all over

do any of you actually read the books in TESO?

Honestly no, I got bad impressions of the lore on launch and my MMO autism overrides my TES autism

Altmer master race, abandoned my old EP sorc because sorcs are boring and made templar in DC (race traitor etc)

>veins
cute!

Vampires are cute! CUTE!

no

>Dunmer
>In AD
the fuck
well better than KhaSHITS

he's a delusional bosmer poster he probably thinks varicose veins are hot.

Would you really say normal trials are harder than veteran dungeons? In a normal trial you just walk along the other 11 people without actually doing anything, maybe spam light attacks if you want to feel like you're contributing.

>inb4 someone posts fat vampire chicks

I had Altmer in EP and now i have Altmer in DC

Well... yeah. I guess you're right. Time to troll Stonerfalls with my pet army and flaming panther mount!

Depends. In trials there are mechanics that if ignored will wipe most of the group or all players. In vet dungeons it may just instakill one person, and the other 3 can finish it.

>finally get a group from dungeon finder
>stuck in infinite loadscreen
>restart hoping they didn't boot me
>stuck in infinite loadscreen again

Sometimes. I joined a mage-themed rp guild and sometimes look up my eidetic memory for shit that might be relevant. Unfortunately, a lot of books are just filled with useless noise, especially the newer ESO books.

should I play this or eve online

Whats the best mount for altmers?

I've heard it's khajiit dick

I don't have a storm mount, sadly

eve, hands down

ok i actually got the tiger mount

eve requires you to multibox

its a good game otherwise

I don't see how the games are even comparable. Eve is free so you may as well try it and see if you enjoy it before you spend dollaridoos on eso.

I'd assume so, he approves of the lore

doubt.jpg
source?

what to buy with 700 crowns? No idea where I got them, Im new to the game

>veins
>ugly
Wrong

>fat vampire chicks
Yes please

Why wouldn't he approve of something he's now writing for?

Kirkbride isn't writing for TESO or TESO Morrowind user. He works full time at Telltale Studios on fucking Minecraft Stories no less

>fish mouth
>gretchen from Recess style head
nah senpai

NO! the very thought kills my manhood! mercy!

Minecraft was ages ago and he didn't even write all the episodes.
But boy you're in for a surprise if you're not expecting him in ESO:Morrowind and you should count yourself happy you haven't read the leaks yet.

spoil me senpai
and give me a source for these text being written by him
did he write any quests?

I keep getting stuck in fucking loading screens today. Can't even log in anymore.

EU is fucked up today, probably Gina taking black dicks in european server room again

The melody of this makes me very sad
youtube.com/watch?v=LUe3XOVWvdc

What do I need to know to be a good khajiit(theif)
What cities should I rob?
Do I need any traits to make more money?

It's actually a song about beer.
It really is, pay attention to the lyrics.

user please respond

Gina is pure you fucking asshole

anything that makes you sneak better, also the passives that increase daily fence use.

One tip is to take the white items you find and launder them, while selling green+. You can turn around and sell a laundered item to a merchant for what it cost you to launder it, this will help you level up the skill line faster.

daggerfall is a good city for robbing houses for lockboxes. The inn in reapers march is a good single building for just getting lots of lesser items stolen.

Dont bother pickpocketing

If you do the thieves guild stuff the tip board repeatable quests can be cycled, just abandon and get a new one if its one you dont like.

>Gina now sucks off one nig while DP'ing the other two
>This will be a buff if her husband is a cuck

been playing ESO for 3 days.

>first day
>8 hour maintenance and a couple of weird quest giver issues in the starting
>second day is fine
> third day zoning and character loading issues.

I bought gold edition and ESO + for this?

Yeah, it can be a bit wonky at times. Overall, I enjoy my experience. Like any mmo, I take the connection issues and downtime with the good.

What's your favourite city /tesog/?

I like to busk near the wayshrine in Mournhold.

Shornhelm before it was crowded with people farming for Necropotence.

>trying to push 'this will be a buff if'
This is the dumbest meme.

Is ESO: Morrowind an expansion or a standalone?

My friend keeps telling me it's a standalone thing and he swears by it but I don't believe him.

Also I've never played ESO.

I don't have it at hand but ask in the Veeky Forums elder scrolls lore thread that pops up every weekend, they're the ones who leaked it.

expansion

Alright, but what is it you saw? In-game files that had Kirkbride texts? Were they texts from 10 years ago or were they newly written texts?

It's an "chapter". However if you buy Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind you get the chapter and the base game. If you have the base game you can upgrade it to ESO:Morrowind.

Sermon 37

So if I don't have the original ESO do I just buy the Morrowind thing when it comes out and I'll have that as well as the base game..?

Oh, I read those leaks on /v/.
I thought Kirkbride was working on new stuff for TESO: Morrowind.
Got excited for a moment there.

Yes, if you buy anything but the ones labelled upgrade you get Morrowind + base game.

Wait, you telling me he wrote that outside of ESO?

Isn't that sermon part of morrowind?

>This will be a buff if you have a sense of humor
>This will be a Nerf if you're a salty cunt