How many of you fell for the direct injection meme?

How many of you fell for the direct injection meme?

what's the difference between gdi and standard fuel injection?

Direct injection get so much carbon buildup in valves it lowers the hp

You can run high compression and leaner fuel ratios with out having to worry about the charge pre igniting during compression.

This meme isn't funny and it never will be.

Oily air from the pcv will put carbon build up on the valve.
ftfy

They're basically using diesel technology on a petrol motor so they can run huge compression ratios on regular fuel without pre detonation.

It's not a meme when it makes more power on production cars with the same emissions outputs.

PCV systems create oil deposits in your entire intake system, not just the valves. In a regular port injection setup, the fuel will clean the valves, which is enoguh cleaning. This means you could put a plate-style single point injector on an intake manifold, and periodically use it to clean the entire manifold. Iirc Ford uses twin injectors (one port injector + one direct injector) partly because of this.

Or, you could just put a catch can in there. Way easier, and it'll keep your intake cleaner than both DI and port injection.

If you just install a methanol injection plate, it'll easily clean your entire intake.

atmo vent that fucker, that's how they used to do it in the good old days!

Woudn't it squirt during intake stroke?

>he isn't using dual 4 bbl carburetors

If it was conventional dpi yes, but we're talking about gdi in this thread.

>not using 3 two-barrels on your V8
>not using 4 two-barrels on your V8
>not using individual mechanical injection

>3 2 barrels on v8
Already been done.

>not using 2 two barrel 40mm side draughts on your 40 year old 1.3 liter pushrod motor with low compression in one cylinder

Amateurs, you will never be as over-carbed as me!

>implying 4 2-barrels on V8 hasn't been done before

You can use stratified charge combustion, where (with a correctly shaped piston/combustion chamber) only a pocket of air and fuel is mixed and ignited, allowing you to run a very 'lean' mix without getting a lot of NOx or excessive temperatures.

This happens on the compression stroke, so it's not something you can do with port fuel injection.

When you want full power, then the injector fires on the intake stroke to give a homogeneous fuel/air mix.

Another advantage of direct injection is, like with common rail diesels, the fact that you can fire as many injection pulses as you like during the intake and compression strokes, giving you much finer control over the combustion process and thus reducing emissions.

This tickles my pickle

I atmo vent it but lately I've been starting to feel like a Jew in a gas chamber when idling.

This is a serious problem my man! You should probably plum it back up if it leaks into the cabin, alternatively you could run a hose that dumps it further back underneath the car.

In the old days they'd run a pipe dumping out around the bellhousing.

>tfw direct injektion engihn hab no pisten rengs waddafuggh

Obviously removed for display purposes.

Nah just kidding, it's only when my window is open. I plumbed it back in. The problem was some dude plumbed it into the filterbox, showering the filter with shit. I figured there was probably a good reason someone went through all this trouble to do this. So yeah I plumbed it into the filterbox again. I'm going to instal a catch can soon any way.

both

nope