Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrmKcyxEFpw
youtube.com/watch?v=-CJvnZkwbLw
youtube.com/watch?v=j_C678FP5-U
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=boQPOQwuIcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why not nene OP pic?
It'd really piss some people off

EOV does not exist. It's just a Japanese meme.

I just post random, but reroll if I get a Ricky pic (because Ricky is posted at the end of the thread, no reason to start with her)

Arianna a cute

I have a confession to make.
I like Arianna and what they did with her skills to make a connection between story and gameplay.

Fafnir is all about big burst damage and Attack Order helps him burst more.
And Link Order recreates a pretty big portion of the skill that activated it.

So Arianna helps Fafnir be at his best and in return uses his strength as his own. Just like knight and princess.

If only you could say something to make her feel less guilty about involving Fafnir (so she cries less).

don't make Arianna cry

But I can't - no matter what I do she will always cry about making Fafnir her knight...
I would like it if I could prevent that but nothing I say has an effect on her feeling of guilt.

Pretty slow day today, isn't it?

I'll take a dozen of those

just 100 en each

Nice try nenefag

turn off your game so you can't hurt her at all

how is your day going

i woke up at noon and now im playing video games

I'm supposed to be studying, but I'm mostly browsing the net and playing EO.
Entrance exams next week. I'm positively fucked.

I tried three times to do Feat of Strength II and died on the way to killclaw so I stopped playing

its just not fair etrian bros

welcome to real life fag

Scanned a bunch of QR codes for EOIV and felt dirty so I'm about to take a shower.

Just got finished making a build I didn't think would work. Also got a good artist to draw something for me.

Living the life.

i wish i was
i want to break out of the monotony of work, sleep, video games

Why would anyone work when they can become a NEET?

I really wish I could extol the virtues of working but I'm happier than I've been in a while since I became a NEET in October. Sitting out in the midday sun, listening to the birds chirp and the leaves rustle in the wind while playing EO is super comfy.

NEET life is miserable for a lot of people, i don't want it

Meanwhile, I'm desperately looking for a job and my budget this month for non-essential stuff is $10

Just don't be desperate for a job. Think of ways to generate your own money.

To not be a miserable leech and a living disappointment

I don't even play Etrian Odyssey anymore

Why not? And also why are you still here? Don't you have better things to do than to browse and post in a general for a game that you don't play?

I already beat every game, I'm waiting for V.

>He's still waiting for V when CFW exists

Do it again with different parties!

>tfw almost beat V

Some of us enjoy understanding what the characters and the narrator is saying.

>persona
>over 30 voices of grunts, woots and whees as well as a somber line or two of failure when someone dies
>other noname games being brought to the west
>fighting games taking priority
>fucking DLC being highlighted, translated and brought over
>not even a speck of news of eo5
Join us, the empty, the hopeless.

Stop hurting yourself

Are you autistic?

You probably dont even know what autism is anymore because of the blantant overuse of it by all sides because they cannot correctly convey their feelings another way.

Back in my day, we had reaction images.

Well, what else should I call someone who tries to proselytise for a video game?

Right.

Which I should play for a etlocke run? EOU2 or E5?

EOV seems better since the classes are more variable.
There are a lot of classes that could pick up support duties as well as less squishy frontliners (Ronin and Dark Hunter wereas even Masurao can take a hit as Single Blade thanks to heavy armor).

Also since there are ten classes you can go ahead and make three of every class when in EO2U you don't get such an even distribution wiht 14 classes excluding Fafnir for 25 or 30 slots.

Thank ya

Please god let me meet him.

You still haven't managed to rotate that picture since you last posted it?

Let's sell Unihorn and Metopon to bosses.

Why is Medico so absolutly not cute? Even most portraits that are not meant to be cute are cuter than her.
Is it the annoying personality she always has in the promotional material?

Sell yourself.

Edie probably would but running her shop 24 hours a day makes more money.
Also most people are only interested in her sister.

>most people are only interested in her sister

bad taste

I'm sure they like her for her open personality.

Is there a more overpowered team in EO3 than a warrior might team?

Solo Ninja.

Is solo ninja actually MORE powerful?

youtube.com/watch?v=FrmKcyxEFpw
Survive the first turn and you are borderline untouchable (unless you have a really bad RNG seed).

Yeah I've seen that video

But can you beat the entire rest of the game with just a ninja?

Someone should record a ninja-only playthrough of EO3. I've seen solo wildling already and I think theres another class done too.

How the fuck does wildling solo abyssal god

Someone did a solo Farmer run (without post-game though) so I don't think Ninja should be too hard.

Also you can't beat the entire game with a Warrior's Might party because you can not start with a Shogun.
And NG+ keeps too much stuff.

Well I guess the solo wildling could handle most stuff except for abyssal god. There's this though which would be really hard to pull off since you're necking it with RNG.
youtube.com/watch?v=-CJvnZkwbLw

youtube.com/watch?v=j_C678FP5-U
Never mind

I fail to see how any of these are better than a fully synergized warrior might party. There has to be a fuckton of luck involved from start to finish

I don't know about you but in regards to Ninja, tagen battou deals ridiculous amounts of damage. WM just cheese through and easier to setup because you already have a 5 man party at the get go.

The other vids are just for challenges.

Are Links more balanced than Warrior's Might or Sanzu or do people just care less because EOIV is so easy anyways?

Is that a fucking 100k dmg taggen batou?
What the fuck

Hey could you guys do me a favor and rank the EO games in terms of difficulty thanks

Taggen Batou with 5 clones deals massive damage - and it's Ninja/Galdiator with Berserker Vow, Charge and Charge Tactic to make it even more extreme.

The real kicker though is evading nearly every hit and gaining TP while doing so, outright negating physical damage and simultaniously dealing damage and healing whenever a clone dies.
Even if you don't one-shot the enemies most bosses should fall to that set-up pretty easily.

difficult in what way?

EOIV, EOV, EO2U, EOU

The DS games are hard to place - they are extremely easy with a cheese party (or even just strong characters in EOIII's case) and pretty damn hard otherwise.

>Ninja/Glad against Abyssal God
Madman
Fucking madman

oh fug my dick

not him but
>Why not?
Because i can't feel assed dealing either with DS games, untold postgame, or 5 moonrunes
>And also why are you still here? Don't you have better things to do than to browse and post in a general for a game that you don't play?
To meme obviously and wait for neVer eVer, in just 2 weeks this general will enter full asspain of full overjoyed mode and it will be hilarious either way

Links can't get even close to what those two do, specially with that level of preparation.

Should I do 3 again and wipe my 100% save or do new game + and make a new party and just deal with the maps being mapped and quests already done

Don't forget another minor butthurt in about ten days when the American anniversary passes and Atlus USA says absolutely nothing.
I hope they announce localization for a completely unrelated game made by another company again.

Its stronger if RNG cooperates but in terms of sheer consistency, WM is easily the best party.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=boQPOQwuIcU

A RTA of EOV huh

>soloing with a Gunner in early game EOMD
This might be the comfiest I've ever been in an EO game.

>being this afraid of monsters

>not being afraid of these fucking dragonflies.

>dragonflies
>even remotely dangerous

emulate it

Those phys resist ones early game are scawy ;-;

Going solo in md might always be beneficial. Wont have a group of panicing chibis tossing 4 sets of gear and running to the opposite end of the map

>use lightning
>it dies
>get a free item as well
wow it was hard

>using magic

>only elemental skills are magic

>not using warrior, tank. healer, archer, mage in every EO

>having access to element phys skills that early

I've never liked any mage unit in eo, other than sleepy runemaster's design.

>archer
>when survivalist or its variations sucks absolute dick in majority of games
awful taste

Survivalist was good in 1, Arbalist was good in 3 and Sniper was decent link fodder in 4. Survivalist was bad in 2/U1/U2 so its about 50/50.

>there are people in this thread right now who did have a 3 sniper/bushi team with an HIT trinket, a land/medic using star drop and adding to accuracy with their class mastery
whew

Survivalist was good in 1 and 2. The pre-emptive is passive and apollon damage is really great. In EO2 it just gets overshadowed by broken characters like hexer and ronin

shilleka can infinite react combo me any day

>Stratum 1: A forest
>Stratum 2: Another forest
>Stratum 3: An ice dungeon
>Stratum 4: Variable
>Stratum 5: Ruins
>Stratum 6: Yet another forest

EO2 is not a patten

>A forest

>Another forest

>Ice Dungeon

>Ruins