Do cool cars help with depression

KHV NEET here I have some savings I kinda want to spend on a nice used sports car like a S2000 or mazdaspeed3 I think. Does it help at all with depression or should I just save my money so I don't have to worry about food or clothing or anything else for a few years. I'm autsistic and want to be like the guy from drive.

If you want to be like Drive then get a real car just like the guy in Drive has. V8 is the only way to kick that depression. If you get a S2k, coal rollers are gonna pass you drenching you in sulfur as you rev your shitbox to 9k rpm. A MazdaSpeed 3 you'll understeer into a tree.

It's probably not going to help with depression unless you gain some sort of mechanical repair hobby from it.

Honestly the only time I feel anything good anymore is when I'm driving, and I don't drive a sports coupe

If you find a car you really like, both inside and out, yes it can ease the pain momentarily

No, characterful cars help with depression
Like owning, working on and socializing with aircooled VW's

>have depression
>have cool car
>hoon cool car
>break cool car
>get more even depressed

Yes. Get a car you like and as said has some character to it.

Mazda 3? Eh... S2000 fuark yes.

I bought an MR2 to try to help my depression. Buying a car like that usually is indicative of a hobby that you enjoy, and if you dive deeper into that hobby, or find other hobbies, you have things that you enjoy, and that helps out a lot. Of course, if youre buying it just to make your commute less boring, that will not help or fix you, probably not even in the short term

In other words, find hobbies, find things that interest you and give you something to really enjoy. If automotives is something you enjoy, go for it, but you can only help yourself, no car can do it for you.

Listen, cars can help, but only if you're truely into cars and driving.However, If you just get things that people think are cool, you are never helping yourself.

it does. it won't fix the depression BUT it will distract you, possibly give you a bit of confidence which might spiral into helping you dig your way out.

it will give you massive doses of adrenaline and is not going to fuck you up like most drugs. But remember, it gets addictive.

Buy a literbike, it will fix your depression one way or another.

Motorcycle

>CRAWLING IN THE DARK
>THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Id get a motorcycle.

What is the H in KHV again? Hug? Handhold?

if you get a shitty car that needs lots of work it will make you more depressed unless you like doing that kind of thing. Not that either of your choices are bad cars that would need lots of work but just get a Miata.

Bro you just need to get off of /r9k/ I left of a year and not I have a qt robot gf

She even likes my shitty old volvo

>CRAWLING IN THE DARK

Lol. That's Hoobastank, dumbass.

Hugless

>Mazda 3
Are you trying to make your depression worse?

Make sure to budget to have a LOT extra (I'd argue double the cost of the car to spend if you're buying something cool/used)

Taking car of your car will teach you a lot of taking care about yourself.

Height of depression=7k...guess I should get my oil changed...maybe....
Not depressed=Oh better go do _____ before it breaks

No, it doesn't take the loneliness away

Only finding other people that share the same passion does that

That can sometimes be the tricky part

cars are cool user, but lemme give u sum real advice

material objects cant fill up immaterial holes u know
depression is hard and my s/o is driven into the ground but u gotta take care of u first senpai

that said, get the s2000 and follow ur dreams

you could buy a lot of drugs and alcohol instead
then use said drugs and alcohol to get girls

they wont love you but you wont be lonely

buy a cheap beater you dont care about to thrash around which is way more fun than any sports car you will be afraid of breaking

>buy a cheap beater you don't care about to thrash around

This. The first time you work on some systems you will fuck something up. Guaranteed. No reason other than you haven't done it before.

It's much cheaper to do that to an econoshitbox than a used sports car.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Buy a nice used sports car like a S2000 or mazdaspeed 3 if you want, but please do not do it in the belief that it will help with depression. In reality, it will, but temporarily, and not nearly enough to quell the void in your life.

Unless of course you're just depressed about not owning a car.

/thread

The only reason im still alive is because of my bike (K8 GSX-R 600). Whenever i am on this thing im literally the happiest man in the world without any worries. All that matters is me and the bike. I dont think where im going, i just ride. If its anything like that in a sports car then id say go for it.

I don't even understand how the fuck this can happen.

no because you are just distracting yourself from the root problem

I struggle with anxiety, adhd, and emotional instability (bipolar?), I can feel like a million bucks or I might legitimately feel like killing myself because a girl didn't want to go on a second date.

all I can say is you arent alone, even if there arent other people around, there are many like you who are trying to get by, too.

just try to do what makes you happy and focus on that and say fuck it to everything else. thats what is getting me by right now and im slowly getting better.

Not really.

t. Motorcyclist

It just masks everything, it doesn't make it any better and if(when) it breaks you feel like shit.

See a shrink and learn how to manage your depression, much better use of your money.

I used to own a S2000 and when my brother was murdered I was so depressed that driving the car made me feel nothing. I even forgot where I'd parked it for two months. Wound up getting rid of it. Feel like a dumbshit now, but the point of the story is that a fun car did fuckall to help me thru a bad spell.

When i'm depressed i just go for a night drive with the top down, and just cruise for and hour. Doesn't help, but when i'm cruising its me and the road nothing else.

Not OP but I'd rather spend that money on a motorcycle. I'm too far along in my mental illness to not lie through my teeth/withhold information
>t. nobike

You can choose not to lie and withhold information though.

It took me years and years before I opened up to my shrink.

I bought my Evo last year after wanting one for almost a decade. I'd been suffering from depression from 12-13 years up to that point, with varying degrees; some days I'd be fine, other days I'd want nothing but to die.

It did help, if anything it got me going outside more and doing different things. I don't think I spent as much time out in the sun the previous 5 years as I did the first 6 months that I had the car. It gave me something else to be interested in (driving, wrenching) and taking good care of it, and eventually led me to find a psychiatrist and get medical help. I've been on meds for a year now, and it's been the most stable, happiest I've been since my teens.

Your mileage may vary, but while it might not signal the end of your depression it might help you get there.

>You can choose not to lie and withhold information though.
Nobody gets through this wall except my mom