/sqg/ - Squad General

First Edition
>What is this?
A general for Squad, ArmA, Project Reality, and any other games alike.

>Other tags
/a3g/ /prg/

>What is Squad?
store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad/

>What is ArmA?
arma3.com/

>What is Project Reality?
realitymod.com/

Previous Thread: Nonexistant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MEij2bxJxg
realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/20862-tutorial-tool-list-pr-mapping-beginners-up.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Assuming this general doesn't die, figure out what you want to do with the OP.

Is there any way this thread is going to gain traction while being left alone by the usual suspects?

3rd for DEO

>can't spell non-existent

Seeing as how /acg/, armored core general, has lived so long by simply bumping--hell they don't even play games anymore they just post "bump", I'm sure you guys can manage.

YO SICK GENERAL ARE /FROGS/ ALLOWED?

Can you detach the minigun from the a-10 yet?

BAITED
BODIED
BLASTED
BUTCHERED
DEAD ASS

Nope.
When do you think they'll put in the A-10 airstrike?

They confirmed no air assets of ANY kind. No jets. No helicopters. No nothing

>this thread again

harmless can't you just stay gone?

is /a3g/ allowed here?
rename to /a3g/ when?

youtube.com/watch?v=6MEij2bxJxg
You sure about that? I know the video is from a random guy doing some modding for the game, but in the comments one of the devs mention how they were planning on implementing something like this.

>claims to be about modern warfare
>no air assets

is call of duty allowed?

How Do I Join Murshun To Play Squad

I knew this would happen. Make a general that could be construed as an Arma general and Kerri shows up the autistic fuck

Make a Squad general and frogman shows up

t. Custard
t. Jack

Literally who?

>make tac shooter general
>almost immediately a3g shitters start spamming their cancer

are you faggots literally neets? kys yourselves

I'm onto you you /simg/ shitters. You are ruining /wgg/ and now you decide to ruin /sqg/ as well. Seriously just fuck off.

Off yourself Kerri. This shitty website can't have a single thread dedicated to military games because of you and your autistic entourage.

Do you seriously think it's Kerri? It's obviously Cephei and Tony and shit.

Hmm.

c...can we talk about Squad yet?

What do you wanna talk about fellow squadder.

m..mortars....

do you like them?

At what body mass index does your capability to conduct military operations start to deteriorate? Are there standard MRES (military rations ready to eat) for cute girls that want to stay thin but also hydrated and happy?
Do you need your coffee bag can i have yours haha

Mortars are fucking lit

>IED related meme tactics
newfound levels of fun

Mortars changed the meta pretty much overnight, it's great.

The Papanov rush that always happened on this map transformed into the enemy just trying to give the cap point to the enemy (or rush past it as soon as possible) because of how susceptible it is to mortar barrages.

I've been trying to get into squad leading, was pretty competent at it but took a break prior to the HAB update and haven't really lead since. I struggle to find a good position for both the HAB and FOB Radio. I understand the logic of putting them away from each other, but it always seems really stupid to put the radio away from the HAB and undefended (putting hab and fob away from each other tactic might have changed, I haven't really payed attention. I've basically just been playing Basrah 24/7 servers for the majority of the time where there always in the apartment buildings)

how do you into mortars

I've not played too many games since, but one match as the US we had an actual firebase set up on a hill, which consisted of multiple fortifications, 2 mortars and several HMGs, we could cover the entirety of the 2 points below us and it was great

Also, that guy talking about aircraft being confirmed cancelled? Is that real or just a meme?

Don't give a shit about jets, they were cancer in PR and they'll be cancer in Squad, A-10 airstrikes (or just a commander class without killstreaks that will aid coordination) will suffice.

The one thing I do want is helicopter transport, and is probably the big thing I'm waiting for since mortars were dropped (besides quality of life things like vaulting, bipods and fixed marksman optics that are apparently coming in the animation fix patch)

FOB firebases are going to be viable now that we have mortars. HMGs (especially US with very limited fields of fire) just weren't worth it 99% of the time. Only ever as a distraction to draw manpower from a cap point.

The game that screenshot was from had 2 or 3 FOBs all over the map, some on caps and some just quickly built in the middle of forests (no HAB, just a logi to build 2 mortars, fire them until the point is capped or enemy start getting close, and then just dig up the radio and move it elsewhere)

Was pretty fun, ended up pushing the US back to their village cap point just over the bridge from their main. They ended up just spamming creeping mortar fire down the road to prevent any of our vehicles from attacking, before losing by 400 tickets.

A^2+B^2=C^2

but what is x

>Kerri making actual serious posts

What is this?

I hope you told Greg to fuck off when he was trying to get you to nuke this place.

I'm actually quite hyped for Tanks now, we saw the dev team taking photos of tanks and their interiors in order to build the 3d models, they should shift the meta even more and have us some viable heavy fire support. At the very least the HAT kit will be more worthwhile to have in a squad.

Have a spotter. There's no map elevation information so unless you're firing across a flat desert the range cards aren't really helpful.

Have your squad lead put down an attack marker to give you a rough distance (give or take 50m) and then have someone give you adjustments. Normally it's safer to start long and then roll back gradually if friendlies are pushing in. You don't want to land short and hit them.

You take a ruler and set it up so it's pointing straight to the target.

My posts are always serious, friendo.

I don't think tanks will really add much. Mortars added something completely new that wasn't possible prior to their implementation (besides crudely with militia-only rocket arty). Indirect fire has/will have massive gameplay impact. Superfobbing apartment rooftops and the like, RPGs sticking their heads up and medics lying prone being completely safe due to doubled up sandbag lines is no longer a trump card. Not sure if they've added it yet, but mortar impacts (and similar high explosive weaponry) destroying fortifications is the next step.

One thing I'd prefer is more large maps, those two large eastern european maps that are a few kilometres wide, I could play them on repeat. With the addition of mortars and uses for fobs as firebases and not just spawn points, perhaps we'll start seeing actual forward operating bases being set up rather than hasty spawn points set up in garages and the like. I never played much PR (the lack of a server queue killed the game for me), but distinctly remember FOBs being set up just in the middle of the map, with entire bases being set up out of H barriers and sandbags. I don't know what mechanics squad is missing that PR had to promote that kind of gameplay, but I hope it's added.

Also I love this tactic, where they sandbag the stairs, put an ammo crate up the stairwell, and bounce grenades down the stairs. I just lay here behind their own sandbag.

Also, HAT kit is always worthwhile. Haven't played it since they nerfed it's trajectory, but I don't believe they've done anything to its damage. One-shotting things such as HMMWVs (not sure about Strykers and the like) is very useful. Normally it's quite tricky to knock out vehicles that know what they're doing, because you need to coordinate your fire with another AT person. You both need to fire at pretty much the same time otherwise one of you will hit, the driver will be startled and just drive away to repair. A single AT can almost never destroy something like a HMMWV because of the long reload time, and the way damage is dealt (I believe if do less damage hitting a HMMWV twice with a reload than you do, two ATs hitting it in quick succession. If I recall, a single AT hitting a HMMWV twice isn't enough to kill it most of the time because of that mechanic)

I feel as though tanks, if impemented correctly, would shake up the vehicle meta an awful lot. You've got this big unkillable shitbox that can either lock down an area as a fire support vehicle, or go hunting for enemy vehicles itself.

I just hope they do it right

mortars sure are fun

>technicals take multiple AT shots to destroy
who thought this was a good idea

LAT feels anaemic in general. It's drop off is insane, although it might have the correct drop off and the RPG's HEAT and tandem charge were just too flat (which was fixed).

Still, I struggle to hit anything outside of 50m with the LAT. It's apparently effective out to a couple hundred metres in real life.

With technical occupants so easy to kill, and them being worth so few points on destruction, sometimes I just leave the technicals be to starve the enemy of transport from main spawn.

Isnt this the game which took the devs three years to implement ground vehicles?

The game which gets heavier and more bloated on performance with each update?

The game where each update is like 30GBs?

The game which will never ever have properly functioning helicopters and airplaines?

I never understood why you would pay for a broken piece of software prematurely, when there's Project Reality for free which still has the better community.

m-muh graphics

Really the fuck project reality bullshit "aiming"
If you dont sit still for 5 seconds you aim is automatically thrown off, and if you move while aiming down sights it resets

Asset stealing should be a capital crime.

>MOOOMMM I MADE THE LOGI SQUAD BUT HE STILL TOOK A LOGI ITS NOT FAIR!!!

Any arma 2 dayz mod players here?

Hmm.

Will there ever be a game where by default you spawn 30 seconds away from the firefights instead of going on a 5 minute spiritual journey through the country side to reach the hot zones like squad and arma?

What do you guys want to see in Project Reality's next patch?

I can get it done

The aim settles quite fast actually, problem is that you become inaccurate not only by moving, but also by rotating. So when you check what your friends are doing, you mess your aim up. Also happens when you track your target.

Any heatmaps so I could figure out how to maximise my mine output?

Also AP mines and engineer class with only 2+ AT mines when?

Switch all devs to squad

squad will never be good, it will always be plagued with a shit community from steam

PR will always have good euro communities

I always wanted to see the Yugoslavian war. Maybe even the Kosovo one.

A Sarajevo map would be awesome, just google Sarajevo Siege and see the setup with the two big towers.

And google Mostar War too. That would a sick map as well. You wouldn't even need to make new weapons, since it was all mainly AKs.

Tell me if it's doable, or I'm just delusional. I don't know how hard it is to create maps and new campaigns... but the setup would be fucking amazing man.

Adding new maps takes a while and I already have a lot on my plate. I was mainly looking for gameplay suggestions..

It's doable, mapping isn't too hard, just takes time and dedication. I don't mean to sound condescending but maybe you should be the one doing it since you have the passion for it. Give it a shot, you might enjoy the zen of modding and make your dream map with the messages you wanted to convey. Having someone else who isn't on the same page do a map for you on request doesn't capture the original idea.
There are tons of guides on the forums and most of the devs will be willing to help you out/answer any question.

Looked up a bunch of pictures and I think that it might be awesome. Lots of memorable locations, great atmosphere and you already have lots of assets + the factions from other slav maps.

Give back to the community m80

realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/20862-tutorial-tool-list-pr-mapping-beginners-up.html
Start here