/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Yahaha Forever Edition

WARNING: SPOILER BOMBS EVERYWHERE browse at your own risk.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

CIA is _____________

What what part of their body do the female Zora extract their white scale? It is apparently something the males don't make.

Too pure for this world.

Now that the dust has settled, what's the /v/erdict on BotW?

This thread has been claimed by the Gerudo. A Gerudo mate will be sent your way to ensure any hereditary titles are henceforth held by a Gerudo

8/10 too easy and flawed to be perfect

a big guy

>tfw you realize that Link lost the first time around because his arrogant ass was too good for a shield, so he was unable to parry Ganon's attacks in the second stage

9/10, needs caves, a better final boss and more shit to find aside from koroks and shrines. Also needs a way to save fish waifu

Hyrule Warriors II, Fish Wife Boogaloo

>spoiler
D L C

>If you really loved Mipha, you would put on the Zora armor and go to sleep at the honeymoon sweet at the reservoir.

I died it crimson in her honor.

>They could have fucked in this bed

10/10, a towering achievement. Hopefully DLC2 and the inevitable sequel will ramp up the complexity

But I already do that because increased swim speed is godly and Zora's Domain is aesthetic as fuck

Playing BotW just made me want them to make another game right now for me to play. Needs more Zelda.

Most Zelda games have that effect. See you in another six years.

At least we got the second DLC, maybe more, over the next year.

Would you accept your new wife/husband and the Gerudofication of your bloodline or would you go to war /lozg/

I would spend so much time inside her, I might forget what my dick looks like.

>honeymoon sweet

Going to let another blood moon cycle before consider it 100% truth, but I just burned through 80 temples and cashed in all the spirit orbs right before a blood moon and non of the weapons or monsters upgraded.

If this holds for the next blood moon it means shrine progress and spirit orb usage has zero influence on monsters levels and weapons.

Beaning anonymouse meens nevur halving too cheque You're speling.

What exactly happens when you beat Ganon? Because I've still got a bunch of sidequests to do but I really want to try the final fight. Does the game just end or do I get sent back out to before the fight if I reload?

>Half the Zora are Hylian racists
>People probably shit-talked Mipha's choice of husbando
>Probably said you would only let her down
>You did

Another kingdom claimed with nothing more than a Gerudo bride showing up at your kingdom and offering herself

>inb4 Zelda fucks Link in that bed

If you talk to the Hateno dye shop guy while it's raining really hard, he'll tell you a little about when he proposed to his wife.

I remember that. It was pretty endearing. Creepy looking dude is soft hearted.

Finally beat it today. holy shit on a stick
i only wish I could have participated in things over the last 2 months, but it was worth it to not get spoiled (well only a little. )
I'm trying to remember everything interesting to bring up.. i can't be the only one who assumed, when told that to beat the Rock Whatever Challenge climbing thing you'd need to be "like a bird man", that I needed some ability I'd get later on, probably from a suit of armor, or by beating that divine beast. turned out I could have done it right away with just the climber's set.
i'm also shocked that despite scouring every square inch.. er.. well every 'city block' or so of the game, I've only gotten a THIRD of the korog seeds?
most of the rest of the game has made me feel like "oh i've only scratched the surface of this, there's a ton more I haven't found yet" and it always turns out no actually I saw all of it and got almost all the stuff. weird.

also i wish I hadn't been such a pussy about the lynels. Missed out on their equipment and WOULD have missed out on (good) photos of blue and white if it wasn't for the castle. I know I can buy the pictures, but that means somewhere there's code in the game telling those items to be ??? if i pick them up, and even though it doesn't count towards completion, i somehow really want to get all of those. frozen and toasted versions of everything.. all of it. I dunno. how you guys doin?

That is a good question. I remember having a theory but I've forgotten it

took me for fucking ever to realize that was what I had to do. i'm parrible at terrying, so I actually mostly ended up daruk-ing my way through that phase.
it really, really does need caves. I realize why they didn't put them in, but.. holy shit does it need caves
nice thing is those would be really easy to add in DLC.

This. but... i can't imagine them topping this, or making one that doesn't top it
plus everyone seems to be under the impression that this IS 'switch zelda' when it's not, so... logically we'll get a zelda for the switch when the switch is ready to die
it's really sad that we never got a zelda that used the concept of the controller screen in some amazing way. I'm also really surprised we didnt get a wii one where you had some kind of importand wand item that you'd aim at a bunch of different things in order to interact with the world. we did at least get 1:1 swording though so that's good.

I was also a huge pussy about Lynels but there was a e-celeb thread on /v/ and the OP webm was some girl named Peach Saliva killing one and I thought "if she can do it, I sure as hell can"

I thought we knew for sure it was the divine beasts that did it

speaking of BMs, i had this neat glitch after the second or third time i really REALLY earnestly raided the castle, wh ere I didn't get a blood moon for a lonnng time, including several times restarting the game. I ended up killing like every lynel I knew for parts, and got just enough, and was like "maybe this is for the best. the castle will be cleaned out when I really go in and finish it"
but then I got one

also i wish someone had told me to get the right horse equipped before the final battle. Carthorse was not best horse.
Same as OoT, you get put back right in front of the final boss room. You get to keep any pictures you took since then, but all food consumption etc is reset.
honestly you SHOULD go try the final fight because.. um.. well because you can keep redoing it as many times as you want, and because that means earlier 'versions' of it are lost forever.

Now that I can cheese guardians easily, Lynels are the only real challenge combat-wise, and I love fighting them.

That bitch.. your daughter is a grown-ass loli who can make her own decisions.. and you shouldn't feel bad about your crush!
>dying it red
that's sweet. i was tempted.

it didnt help that my first attempt was the zora's domain one (i wasnt dumb enough to try fighting it while grabbing the shock arrows. in fact the first one i ever saw was the one down around naydra's mountain, and then only at a huge distance.. saw what the camera said and NOPEd my way out of there)
speaking of, how much of a letdown was it that we only got ONE dragon fight? though seeing lectrodragon flying around like it was nothing had this lasting effect on me, that's a moment i'll never forget. kinda like how i always wanted a field-based final boss battle with a massively giant ganon.

but shortly after that first dunge I was like "Well maybe i'll try the lynel now. i have refilling health if he oneshots me"
and he did. and i kept eating food, and he kept taking me down to a sliver of health.. over and over.. and i was like nevermind this. i'm not ready
then later i beat him by the skin of my teeth by spamming tons of food, so I really felt unworthy, and that led to avoiding too many lynels. I actually never fought a wild blue one.
doesnt help that i gave stamina upgrades priority

God damn it Manny get those fucking crickets

I'm ashamed that it was egogoddamnraptor who taught me how useful it was to try dodging and backflipping those guys. i was just arrowcheesing before that

First Lynel I killed was not intentional. I was fully prepared to take some pictures and leave. Then some local wildlife make a ruckus, and before I knew it the Lynel had run over to kick my ass. Broke a bunch of weapons on him, but he died leaving me with half a heart.

I really wish we could see the aftermath of that. I want to watch him go up to her and unleash a hundred crickets in her face and her just freak the fuck out while he drops his fucking spaghetti about it.

I bet that felt great
this game has so many STORIES, no matter how you play it.. you end up with fuckin stories to tell. you feel like a grizzled old man sitting around in a stable telling stories.

I feel like if this was a few years ago in a different internet, '20 rupees' would have become a meme. the fact that almost everything costs 20 rupees, making the cost of so many things utterly trivial

Using the one hit ko arrows on the Guardians was so fucking satisfying after being scared of them in the early game.

Spear Lynels are a cakewalk, Sword Lynels are really fun unless for whatever reason I fuck up doing the fury attack and loose half my health, but I'm having a tough time fighting Club Lynels. Mine are all Silver Now so it's hard to practice with them without fucking dying horribly.

she was the first NPC i ever noticed got mad at me for talking to her whilst standing atop her desk. I was like "damn if those crickets don't work I'M dating her. this dame has brains and attitude"

it was satisfying to me getting so many in the castle because I was like FINALLY they aren't too scarce to use!
that said, I found out lynel bows have crappy range, so my idea to shoot 3 or 5 ancient arrows at crap to reallly kill it didnt work out so well. not was it necessary. Still!
I remember my first and nearly last use of ancient arrows was in one of the challenge shrines. I thought they didnt work or didnt work in shrines or whatever, because i tried to triple-arrow the guardian and it didnt get hurt
later I realized that's because I had it in stasis and they dont let enemies take damage during that as a tradeoff

yeah I don't know what to do with club ones except cheese them. I just know I'm glad they stop using bows at close range.

Every time I get that perfect dodge and go into blade mode I instinctively think RULES OF NATURE. I swear I even hear the music in my head when I do.

Egoraptor is also a case of "if he can do it anyone can"

Why did he pick the hardest Divine Beast to do first anyway

>because I had it in stasis and they dont let enemies take damage during that as a tradeoff
Not true. I kill lots of Yiga Clan like that.

Guardians in shrines just don't take that much damage from Ancient Arrows for whatever reason. Shock arrows stun lock them though.

>Using the one hit ko arrows on the Guardians was so fucking satisfying after being scared of them in the early game.
Honestly, I'm glad I can take them apart with the Master Sword, but I honestly kind of miss being afraid of guardians. It was tense and exciting. I remember early on I was trying to make my way to a tower in Hyrule field, and I had to stealth past some guardians and run for my life, and they were actually chasing me and looking for me. It was amazing being on the back foot against them.

it'd be one thing if he got the thunder helm. there's one thing from each area that would be great if you got it early, but he just isnt bothering.. still, it is a letsplay.
yeah I ended up relying on shock arrows to get those guys
okay so it's just a case of ancient arrows falling under the same 'no cheating' spell as the master sword and the champion abilities? okay then I feel less stupid.
god I still remember I killed my first in-shrine guardian by complete accident without ever seeing it, I was just waggling the metal thing around with magnesis having so much fun. didnt see another for ages.

Anyone else disappoint that while we did get multilingual audio we can't change the text? I'd like to know the real names of all the shit because i'm a giant weeaboo
among other things I need to know what Sidon is a pun about. Everyone loves to say poseidon and then 'pose sidon' and giggle, but I find it much more likely that it's musical scale theming.

then again all weeaboos were stunned when they gave Terry, aka "Beedle", a beetle-shaped backpack and an affinity for beetles. are the japanese crew even aware of the dub names? so weird to reference one

I remember climbing mountains to get to Impa instead of fallowing the road and I couldn't believe there was three of these fucking things in what's basically one of the starting areas.

A crazy bitch.

When you get 500 shock arrows from doing nothing but farming enough Lynels to upgrade all the armor you pretty much have every Test of Strength won.
Alternatively I remember I found a Major one really early but I had five Thunder weapons and I just kept switching them out when they lose charge and just stun locked it to death.

did it weird anyone out that you can ride deer and bears and that's it? i mean a moose is literally just an ugly deer, why can't you ride them too? why not the rhinos? the water buffalo?

I love that I'm 150 hours into the game and I still see locations I haven't found yet.

>I remember early on I was trying to make my way to a tower in Hyrule field, and I had to stealth past some guardians and run for my life, and they were actually chasing me and looking for me. It was amazing being on the back foot against them.
I gave up on that after some valiant attempts. it became clear that they had ganged up on me to too great an extent and that that was this tower's challenge. There was no cheating it.

I did cheat that one goo-covered tower after fucking AGES of trying in vain to figure it out (i shot an eye or two but not the one you're meant to), by just using magnesis boxes.

gahaha I went there after doing the major Kakariko stuff, and just saw ONE of them. It was my first one. I was like 'oh hello little thing.. hehe.. good thing you're so far away.. I bet you're dangerous. I'll just mark this with a skull and- huh? you can aim at me from here? FUCK, retreat. okay, phew. I know I'll be fine here, enemies never stray this far from their- FUCK!'
and then I died. I was fucking scarred by that.
next thing I did was go to the wetlands by going literally the oppositest way possible from there. It's safe to say most of my early-game navigating was established by that early wetland trip that I barely remember because it was so late at night, my first (of many) cases of "just a little more.. just.. a few more minutes.. oh, another shrine!"

I heard I'm not alone in ignoring a ton of the Faron region. I remember getting to the tower one day just as a 'lemme get one more tower, it seems so close' action, then never touching that area again, instead waiting for it to become plot-relevant. it never did. I only found out about the town because I was trying to look up faster sources of rupees, and the gambling area was mentioned.
then I only found the stable because I saw horses and knew there HAD to be a stable somewhere. Took me forever to find it. that whole jungle is really the real 'lost woods' of this game. Finding out it's also where zappy mc usuallylivesinlakehylia makes its summer home was even weirder

>lord of the mountain
good ol satori. I saw this video of someone riding him whilst wearing ancient armor and an attack potion, stabbing a lynel like mad with the ancient spear and getting constant crits as a result, and taking the fucker out in a few seconds, but when I tried it, it didnt work so smoothly.. i assumed the reason for doing it was that it wouldnt die like a normal horse, but.. he can still get damaged and when he does he BAILS on you

so, this is every worthwhile location in the game?

i'm not sure if i'm justified with its world. the basis is gread but there isn't enough content.

I have yet to find that Samurai Sword that weeb keeps posting pictures with. Only the Yiga Clan shit sword.

Zora's Domain in this picture literally looks like the most beautiful place in any video game ever.

I kept going back because of that easy Durian farming location right behind the tower.

Have you not played it

other than sheik's amiibo i have no idea where you find sheikah weapons, aside from a few chests that don't respawn.. i'm actually paranoid I didn't photograph one of them

>Have you not played it
useless koroks are not content.

yeah i serrriously did not take advantage of cooking early on the way I should have. By the time I did, those simple dishes were outclassed. I was as usual my brute-force "never use status effects in pokemon" self and only cared about healing. if I had known how easy it was to almost constantly have a ton of yellow hearts and multiple circles of yellow stamina..

.. well then I would have missed out on how great it is only becoming more powerful in this game slowly and gradually.

The weeb katana respawns on a hill behind Kakariko. There's three hills, it's on the biggest one.

Shrines mostly.

The ones in the Castle probably respawn. My friend raided them right after leaving the starting area and they lasted him until he unlocked the final tower.

so am I nuts or does the spring-loaded hammer not do shit a normal hammer doesnt already do? it didnt send them FLYING comically like I expected, just knocked them back like normal

I didn't... mention them?

OH IS THAT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE when it's not in the sheath? OOPS, I always passed on those when I got them in shrines because I always had something stronger on me.

oh thanks!
I didnt see any in the castle and I thought I scoured that pretty carefully (though there's one wall of goo that i swear has an eyeball but I couldn't find it on either side of the wall)
honestly the way i got through the castle was probably about as far from how they intended you to as possible. i was surprised to find the bottom floors never eventually lead further upward or inward, and i just assumed zelda's study did.. so i went up there confident i was about to beat the game and.. .. just another dead end.
then I realized there was actually a path on the outdoors area you were meant to go through and fight challenges along the way.

That's not it.

Retard.

is there a name for a blade having that jitte-prong on it? i've only ever seen that in samurai troopers

speaking of a totally different subject, i love that enemies and items in chests scale as you go, but does anyone else think it was kind of a bad idea in a game this big? it meant that you were almost CERTAIN to miss out on a lot of areas "as they would be at the beginning of the game" because nobody would ever EVER go there first

Why is it literally always brown and rainy in this shit game?

Holy fuck.

Oh man, you know that ambiguous line Zelda gives about Ganon's final form, saying he's like that because he's given up on reincarnation? and it's hard to tell if she means "given up on THIS instance of it" or given up on it entirely in order to come back stronger, like The Master? according to tvtropes, she says almost the opposite in the original nihongo anyway. more like he's like that because he REFUSES to give up on his resurrection

I was just in a part of the game that rains a lot relax man.

Sony spy working for Nintendo strikes again. Looking forward to Xenoblade 2 for the actual /comfycore/ open world experience this generation... With actual music and atmosphere.

So like every other part except the desert and cliffs in the west.

So... is there anything you can do about the false lovers' pond? i feel so bad for the people who talk about and visit that place and you know about the real one but cant tell them

What's the point of even responding to him when he ignored all those big image sets that mostly show blue skies

>someone autistic enough to sit out bad weather and waiting at campfires for hours until it's shiny makes the fact the weather is bad and foggy 99% the time inapplicable

anyone ever get a perfect 5-star horse?
what with endura carrots i'd be happy just to see 5-star speed, but i haven't yet. and when i do, i'll have to get rid of one of my horses.. which is sad because he's the one i've had the longest (and not let go), but his stats are shite

Doesn't this thing simulate five star speed?

What did Nintendo mean by this?

The fact that someone put significant time into this is just odd to me.

Very true.

Faster than the fastest horse.

Is there a way to transfer over what you mark as completed on the interactive map between computers?

although so much of what i've seen from xenoblade 2 already pisses me off.. i'm still gonna get it

We have seen like 10 seconds and what we've seen was Xenoblade 1 but better. How can this piss you off?

Sounds like /v/ level autism.

i think six-star. which is why i want a fast horse so badly.