Car Theft

Some fucking wagon burner stole my car last night. Cops found it on the reservation, no arrest. Now the cops won't let me have the car until tomorrow. The driver's window is busted out and it's going to rain today. Fuck me.

You do have comprehensive insurance, right?

You know he doesn't or else he wouldn't be venting on Veeky Forums.

No, I don't. It's a 2000 XJ so it's not worth much, maybe $5K on a good day. But I've had it a long time and I really like that car.

And now it's worth even less

Just think. If you shelled out the extra couple bucks for full coverage/comprehensive, you'd have at least $5k in a check from the insurance company coming in the mail so you could buy a new shitbox

atleast they recovered it user

its the best result

Yeah. At this point I just want to see what the damage is. Hopefully it's just the window and whatever they did to the column/ignition switch.

he probably crashed it into a tree. same thing happened to one of the tripfags here when a tree nigger stole his car.

what state?

That's not how insurance works you fuckwit
They don't replace your car if someone busts a window, it has to be totaled

sounds like you don't know how thefts work

A theft can easily total a car

Found the busrider

He said they busted the window maybe they stole the radio
OP didn't specify what they did to the car

Just pray they didn't drive it like extremely mad man like and bust your engine like what happened to my mr2

Arizona
Don't know the extent of the damage yet, cops won't let let me see it until tomorrow.

If the towing company didn't take measures to secure the vehicle from the elements (your busted window) you can sue them for damages and win. They are responsible for putting a tarp or crash wrap over the windows to protect the interior.

Good to know, thx.

> Don't know the extent of the damage yet, cops won't let let me see it until tomorrow.

Consider it completely fucked. They took it to beat the shit out of and left it when it couldn't go any more.

> Smells like summer

I liked and subscribed. Keep me posted m8.

>tfw no one wants to steal my car.

It's your property, go and get it anyway.

They'd be doing you a favor

yes.

Bag up the window if you don't expect further cash, otherwise let the rain water damage it and you get a higher chance of getting a check?

better get something in writing from police that they are refusing to give you your property for 24 hours

also, bag it, its more of a hassle to drop it off at a body shop to redo shit and wait for it to get done

That's what I thought. 17 yo Cherokee.

It's locked up in the property yard. They said no one can let me in on the weekend.

>not having hidden kill switches for your fuel pump and battery connection in different places

This is why you get jacked and I don't.

driving a car after its been stolen is like having sex with your girlfriend after she accidentally fucked another dude on a drunken bender

just sell it and get a new car

>hit the kill switch
>tyrone shoots you 17 times and runs off

>17 yo Cherokee

That describes both the car and the guy who stole it.

kek

>Jeep
Yeah, the cops knew it wasn't a big deal.

I fucking love this board.

both of my cars are under $5k and both are covered with comprehensive for ~$120/mo get your shit together op

It's a 2000 Jag... A smashed window or broken headlight is easily enough to write it off. It would just sit in a shop forever waiting for parts which would cost too much money.

bruh

1440/y?
Have you used that insurance in the last 6 years?
If you haven't, you're losing money.

/thread