/ovg/ - Spa 24 Hour Champions edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QtJ7s3u4bAs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqNxGFhdeUoRZW9BuF98JomGQMMlFsNMkEc6xmMe5Eg/edit#gid=34918119
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Grand_Prix
youtu.be/EfQ2jjn0w-s?t=68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for retarded choice of car for GT6

second for loneliness

third for useless polls

So where did you guys finish?
Did you smurf to shitter ranks to win the race by several laps?

Tbh, we should race vipers or some shit nigga

like Viper Racing. Civic are just boring as fuck all-around, no reason to even race them

ok however this was (im certain it was you marko), explain this, what the actual fuck

barron the timetraveler strikes again

A test event on Friday would be nice. Try two or three different rulesets and come to an agreement on which to make a series out of.

again 3 people show up to the beamer race

DED SERIES

You've gotta be fucking kidding, what's the lottery number going to be?

anyone here play heat evolution? whats the best platform to get it on?

Maybe if it wasn't in AC (a.k.a. dogshit) more people would come

emulate dirt to daytona

So are we doing Civics or """landbarges""" in GT6?

vipers

how about fake GT1 RM Vipers

t. landbarge apologist

>new monitor
>all 3 xboxes and my ps2 work first try
>have spent 3 hours trying to hook up my ps3 to no avail
Looks like GT6 is off the menu, boys.

Speaking of NASCAR heat, was there ever a fix to the win10 low fps thing on the original one?

Does your monitor have a HDMI port?

If so. HDMI Splitter is your friend.

How so?

HDMI cables from Xbox's and PS3 into splitter. Cable from splitter into Monitor.

You just have to change the input from the splitter to get what you want.

I bet they DNFed as usual

I like the idea of racing GT1 vipers

It would definitely be a good idea to try some high-power, RWD cars to see if they make for good racing. I won't be around this Friday, or next Friday, so pick something good for me.

Have you got anything else you can connect your PS3 to? Then perhaps you could change the output settings. I expect that it's supposed to do it automatically, but it's worth a shot.

ok so due to relentless harassment by a particular frenchman we will not (immediately) do civics. THIS FRIDAY we will have a test race of sorts. 3 different formulas; land rovers, civics, and 's suggestion. (it's still going to be a spec series no matter how much bullying occurs). So show up and yell at me which one we should do after racing them. If you don't, well too bad.

I'll leave the Viper specs up to the suggester.

(also after this spec series is done we should have another test race to pick the next not spec series. Or maybe just blindly pick one out of a hat and just avoid this garbage all together.)

>maybe just blindly pick one out of a hat and just avoid this garbage all together.
should have done that from the start instead of doing polls

For the specs I'd have to boot up the old GT1 disc and find what power and weight the RM Viper had. Will do tomorrow.

>Turn off the PS3.
>Plug in the HDMI cable to the PS3 and the TV.
>Remove the A/V multi-out composite cable from the PS3.
>Turn the TV on and switch it over to the HDMI input where the PS3 is plugged in.
>Press, and hold, the power button on the PS3 until you hear a 2nd beep. It will beep once when you initially press it, and a 2nd time shortly thereafter. Once you hear the 2nd beep you can remove your finger from the power button.

AdreN too good on LAN, Gambit just needed everyone to show up and they'd win.

Screen just goes grey.

Problems semi-solved.
The bad: playing through AV in about 480p on my TV
The good: Can go full James and record everything

Christ, is this what the game would look like at 30 fps?

Say what you want about PD, but at least they've always maintained a solid 60 FPS durin g a generation where other games struggled to maintain 24 FPS at 720/30 FPS.

>Say what you want about PD, but at least they've always maintained a solid 60 FPS
I wish. You'll never be able to play again without noticing the screen tearing, now that I've mentioned it to you.
youtu.be/QtJ7s3u4bAs

For a racer on the PS3 that really did maintain a solid 60 f/s, you need Wipeout HD. The tradeoff there was that it dynamically adjusts the resolution to maintain the frame rate.

Man I'm still pretty amazed by how good Wipeout HD looks for a game from 2008

Would the FH3 playerbase here be interested if I started hosting touge races?

I know the map is kinda shit for it but we can certainly find a few routes to run it.

I found out how to disable traffic in a Private Session so that will not be a problem.

I'll have to ask the previous host first if he has something for the next weekend.

what game is that

NASCAR Racing 2017 Season

ASRX

Almost

>lancer

JUST

>he got passed in the last corner

How the fuck do you make the AI not use that shitty default black skin?

Count me in

>AI

>Download Asrx
>Delete coreshaders.mas
>Download nr2003
>Get 2015 truck mod
>Get carset
>Race and see the best NASCAR sim
>Delete asrx

Sunday online is best online

any things for fh3 coming up soon?

you forgot
>format entire hard drive
>install MS-DOS
>install whiplash from floppy

>whiplash
>floppy

is Automation worth getting yet

You're right! Its time to do another rfactor1 series, which is clearly superior!

lol, is lil babby triggered?

wah, your game is shit, get over it kid.

Ok Ian

>Can go full James and record everything
can James record anything?

>You'll never be able to play again without noticing the screen tearing
Joke's on you I've been playing on PC forever without vsync and tearing doesn't bother me anymore.

Try to switch HDMI cables or use the RCA bit to change the HDMI mode to 720p or some mode you know the monitor supports.

where were you when sunday series was ded

I was at home playing GTR2 in a simdad 1995 series when oliver called

"ovg is ded"

"No"

Yes

Who here at Spa24h this weekend?
Getting there Friday.

Is /ovgt3/2 using the stock content? The first race is at Paul Ricard right?

On August 6 we're doing a one-off 2.4 hour Le Mans race in GTR2. Running cars from the 1999 edition, including GT-Ones, CLRs and a couple of other cool LMPs.
Feel free to join, unless you're Kita and your computer is allergic to GTR2.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqNxGFhdeUoRZW9BuF98JomGQMMlFsNMkEc6xmMe5Eg/edit#gid=34918119

>Vipers
ewwwwwwwwww
fuck that amerishit

What are ya? allergic to freedom or something?

GT is a Japanese game and I'm British. Fuck your false """freedom""", we're doing Land Rovers or Civics.

wat

are raceroom physics really that good?

REMOVE CRUMPET remove crumpet
you are worst brit. you are the brit idiot you are the brit smell. return to britian. to our britain cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,britain we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole brit stink britain sqhipere shqipare..brit genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead brit..ahahahahahBRITAIN TIOCFAIDH ÁR LÁ!! do not forget war of idnependence .sligo we kill the mountbatten , NornIron return to your precious scottland….hahahahaha idiot brit and england smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE CRUMPET FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. germany+usa+ireland+EU=kill britain…you will indenpence war/ tupac alive in ireland, tupac making album of ireland. fast rap tupac ireland. we are rich and have potato now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink brit… you live in a slum hahahaha, you live in a terrace

tupac alive numbr one #1 in ireland….fuck the britain,..FUCKk ashol brits no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the brit farm aminal with rap magic now we the irland rule .ape of the zoo congueror william normandy fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and britain wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. irland greattst countrey

*/ovgf3/

wat

Haha funny meme man

wat

yea

yeah its using the rf1 stock content which includes paul ricard, which is on the schedule as you can see by the google doc

The doc was updated I just hadnt seen it

The doc never said it

It said PAU and Mod was just underlined so I assumed it meant the stock F3 cars and PAUl Ricard (a mod track)

You're fucking retarded man.

How does that make me retarded?

lol wot

Whenever R2P was using stock content for a race they would just have no link to a mod. The doc had no link to a mod for most of last week and rFactor has F3 cars (they're called rF3) so I assumed we were using those. Paul Ricard because the first event was called PAU

Nah the track is literally called pau
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Grand_Prix

Huh
I didn't know that, I don't follow F3

To be honest I only know it because of the WTCC crash.

youtu.be/EfQ2jjn0w-s?t=68

thatd be cool

Will be there starting Wednesday

I see that the autisim on GT6 is healthy as ever.

#sk