Dodo cars

Post cars that are long gone and nobody remembers anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/d/vw-scirocco-mars-red/6227667849.html
youtu.be/nYSCG46aL0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RXII

Audi Fox

true.

a CLEAN not abused or modded crx.

jeep trucks
the S ones and the commanche (MJ)
the S trucks really have dissapeared

The CRX is memorable though, nobody remembers the Cordia though (it was brought up yesterday in a Craigslist thread and I believe that was the only time it was ever mentioned here).

RIP

dat wheel size doe

chevy citation II

>mfw i almost bought one of these

>those headlights
HON HON HON

im sorry rascal-user

I always liked the Fuego, nobody else did though and that's OK.

Wouldn't mind owning one.

A E S T H E T I C C .

Look at that gauge cluster, steering wheel is pretty good looking too for it's age.

These are some real poverty looking shitboxes.

There are lots of these for sale cheap near me, but none of them aged very well. A shame though, they are good-looking for their age.

the Justy was the mightiest shitbox ever conceived.

I remember those because of the x11 though

My uncle has one that he put the turbodiesel out of a LeSharo into. Real nice car, pic related.

nobody remembers the car which came before
people just called it the "hatch"

CLEAN
L
E
A
N

4WD I suppose?

EA81 cars were tough

yes but rare. RARE

>tfw there will NEVER EVER be an RX turbo coupe that isn't a total basketcase for sale near me
Why live?

I'm about to buy a GL Thursday, forgotten but not gone.

they are like $500 cars though. for some reason no rice tax

These look better than AE85s, how come they got no cred?

show us
yeah they are gone here. none in chicago CL at all

because you cant drift AWD? and they have independent suspension. the corolla had solid axle.

many cars before 50s

didn't appear in initial d

>mfw there were two XTs on detroit CL a few weeks ago
>mfw I missed out

what about the mazda RX anything before 7?
sure now and then i still see a REPU, but never a pre Rx7

They were obscure even new though, parts support is almost non-existent now. I'd love an RX or XT, but being 30 year old cars, something is gonna break and you're gonna be SOL while you scour parts stores all over the country trying to find what you need for weeks.

like this. RARE RARE RARE

wrx engine fits fine.

>XT
Don't they have a flat-6,so perhaps put in a newer Subaru H6 engine when the stock motor dies?

that was an option. they usually had a turbo 4
but i like how you think.

They did have a 6, but it's closer to the EA series than the later 6s, EG or EZ. There's be a lot of fabrication involved, you'd probably need basically everything from the donor car. (engine, transmission, rear diff, front and rear subframes, crossmembers, axles, hubs, brakes, etc). It also might not fit under the hood as they're probably taller than the original 2.7.

The engine's also not the only thing that can break, you have all the other sensors, suspension, brakes, interior, etc to worry about too.

i found a photo of the base engine
nothing great, hot air turbo, super low compression ratio

It caught on fire because of the truck's side saddle gas tanks

staged though, fuel would leak, but not enough to cause that spectacular explosion.

pyrotechnics.

Four whacks with a sawz-all and you have RWD drift machine.

Nah, people remember the Corrado.
Pre-B4 Passats though...

imo just get a 931. cheap and already RWD
none of this economy car rubbish

Passat B4 - the official car of moldavian slavs who transport around diesel from their country and sell it to the neighbouring countries.

I live by the Romanian - Moldavian border and the city is cramped with B4 Passat. All with 100 L tanks, all with the 1.9TDI engine and all with moldavian plates.

My dad's still got his B4, 2.slow 8v. The thing just refuses to die, and will probably fail inspection because of rust long before the engine gives up.

Has he considered doing fuel trafficking ?
It pays pretty good if you have the connections. And it is one of the few trafficking methods than the Customs can't do anything about.

Kek'd, but no. He sells wine so the big trunk comes in pretty handy.

It was actually my first car, sold it two years ago to this guy in Cleveland and he basically fixed the exterior issues. Just have to check the subframes to make sure it isn't a waste of cash and she'll be mine again.

These aren't so rare, I see several of them everyday. I do live in France though.
On a sidenote, I always wondered what the rear vents were for.

rear vents don't do anything lol, just 80's styling

I saw on some youtube video that these are in real high demand/fashion in American at the moment but they've completely vanished in Europe, or at least where I am

yeah you dont see those every day
Galant GTO

Coworker of mine has a B7 Passat.
He still says from time to time that his old B4 Passat was comfier.

thats a pity
chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/d/vw-scirocco-mars-red/6227667849.html

heres one like that
they arent nice because 5th gear sucks like most 80's cars
enjoy 4500 rpm at 70 mph

it's an eighties car, so either most of them are scrapped or owned by enthusiasts who aren't selling.

I only see 30 Sciroccos Gen 1s for sale in germany, that's a pretty small number considering even big JDM cars like Supras and Skylines have like atleast 80 for sale on mobile.de

You sure?

The Kadett had these for cabin air circulation, Im sure its the same for other old cars too. Perhaps even to let air pressure out when closing the door, hatch, etc. Newer cars have vents in the boot, under the rear bumper for example.

Yeah there were plenty of great rotary cars before the rx7.

Funny how most modern cars have become so stiff to seem "sporty"

and they are where? thats right they fit right in the thread

Forgot pic

Having driven a B7 and ridden in the B4 many many times, I can see where he's coming from. The B4 has more interior space and the ride is surprisingly nice, especially when loaded.
The interior is ergonomically pretty fantastic, if a bit cheap and barebones, and the soft green/teal cluster illumination is very pleasing.

a fucking twingo

twingobarge

Thats the kind of cars that usually get forgotten, nobody is gonna put in the effort to save some 30 year old econobox.

Same with Finnish-Russian border. Everyone living in the border dailydrives the old Passats because the fuckhueg tank and cheap Russian fuel.

youtu.be/nYSCG46aL0E

Japanese style and dynamics combined with Italian build quality.
What's not to like.

The reliability of this was insane compared to British cars of the time.

saab 9-5
i never see them

honestly that ass isnt familiar at all.
what even happened to the 9-5's

where the fuck they go

this generation was big sexy

yeah but they are much less rare

It was one of Saab's last actual production models, but they went bust pretty soon after it launched so its production run got cut short.
A damn shame, because the 9-5 is a fucking stunning car.

interior is nice
im afraid i haven't seen one on the road

Run into the ground by soccer moms who can't remember to go to Jiffy Lube to get their oil changed, let alone real repairs or maintenance

well nissans are designed for people with bad credit so you are right

also the mx3

Isuzu in general, I remember when they were a common sight on the roads. Now I hardly ever see them, RIP Isuzu.

It's like they disappeared from the surface of the earth. Not a big loss tho.

econoline pickups

about 9000 2nd gen saab 9-5s were made