For god's sake someone help...

For god's sake someone help. I need to replace what I believe to be the high pressure power steering hose and this motherfucker refuses to come loose. I've doused it in penetrant and have been hitting the end of the wrench with a hammer in an effort to break it free. I'm out of ideas, I don't want to heat the joint because of its proximity to the other hose and that as I said earlier I've been drowning this cunt in penetrant for 2 days now, so its probably seeped into all the crevices surrounding it so I don't want to start a fireball somewhere.

I'm thinking of just using a dremel to cut the nut of but because of the way its designed that would just leave the threads of the bolt in and then I'd just have to replace the entire assembly plus the low pressure steering hose because thats probably just as rusted shut. For fucks sake help me.

Is there enough space/clearance to apply a breaker bar?

Nope, its situated under where the intake filter would be so its about halfway into the car. I barely have any room to hit the end with a hammer.

It's not reverse threaded is it?

Use a line wrench, then use moar force.

No it's normal threaded, I've seen replacement videos, its for a grand cherokee

Use a line wrench, heat, air hammer with chisel bit.

Some combo of those things will do it.

This is your answer

Flare nut wrench
Pull as hard on it as you can with one arm
Smack the wrench with a hammer

Applying pre-pressure before a hammer blow is usually a very good way to get stuff like that lose

>these fags saying flare nut wrench

bro get a pair of VICE GRIPS on that bitch. some penetrating blaster too

if its stuck the vice grips will get it.

>source: power steering delete

get a long pipe and put it on the end of the wrench for leverage and use it as a cheater bar

What advantage does a vice grip plier have over a nicely fitting flare nut wrench in this scenario?

Flare nut crow foot would be ideal for steering box lines. Cut the steel line off, use a 6 point socket.

That's your only hope without proper tools. GTFO with that vice grip bullshit.

To quote Archimedes
"Give me a lever long enough... and i can move the world."

Use a longer wrench

thats not the wrench you need, use line wrench for more surface grip and pull like a man

Use heat. Fuck it. And then hit it harder.

Crows foot attachment for the breaker bar will let you break it out.

See

because when the nut is rusted (its a JEEP) the flare nut wrench will just strip it

i'd always try the flare nut first, but if you're replacing it anyway the vice grip will actually work

don't tell me flare nut wrench can't strip out a rusty flare nut

Master tech here, if you are replacing the line, cut the line end off and just USE A SOCKET + EXTENSION, done this a million times

Will most likely have to do this, but that will mean cutting the low pressure line as well fuck I hate rust.

You could probs bend the low pressure line out of the way enough though, usually they have enough bend in them as long as u don't kink it

It has some surface rust and I doubt they have much life left that would allow it to bend. I'm afraid of trying to untighten the low pressure hose to find it too is rusted shut. Fuck.

Sure they can - but thats why you heat it up with a propane blaster before attempting to get it off

Just heat the fucker. Will be the most effective solution

>, its for a grand cherokee
just get a new car.

i'm assuming you have let real penetrating oil soak in. I would also try tightening a smidge.. then loosen. Put tention on it and smack. tap the nut after soakign with penetrating oil to start good vibrations

use your man hands not your bitch fingers haha

This.
Cut off the hose/bend til it breaks.
Then use a standard 6 point socket.

Replace hoses together.
The return hose has been there the same amount of time- even though it hasn't been under as much pressure, it still has been through the same heat cycles.