Would you buy this...

Would you buy this? Its in petty shitty condition but I know these things are hard to find and it would be fun to drive hard on twisty roads. Also I could easily drop in an wrx engine for cheap if I ever got bored. Thoughts? What should I offer?

>automatic

But for real though, for $2700 I'd definitely buy it.

>automatic
>17yo car in the rust belt
>was obviously never garage kept
>looks like it's parked outside of someones parents house (250k+ house but can't afford to have a kid?) or doesn't park int he driveway?
>probably hooned all It's life and abused

kek, no

That gorilla intake is a neat add. Go for it. $2500.
Check to see if it has rust. Seriously, be fucking thorough.
Modifying it is eazy. Engine swap, cool beans. Only big thing is doing wiring.
Cars are like legos.
Buy mine. $1000

Ok that's what I'm thinking. It looks like it's been abused by some boy racer though so what should I look for. As long as it runs though I'll probably buy it.

Oh and headgaskets.

If it wasn't garaged in the rust belt it wouldn't have rear quarter panels anymore, those are always the first to go on old soobs.

What does it say that needs to be replaced?

Yeah it has rust on the back panels but it's not gonna be my DD so I don't really care how it looks. The owner is being kinda sketch though I was like do you had receipts for the work and he was like "my friend did it" lol

>Wangan Style

without a doubt owned by a 17 year old boy racer

>t. 18 year old boy racer with stickers just like this

Check underneath. Shocks, ball joints, etc. If that's rusted it's a bitch to change, because you'll be changing all of it down there. But if you're handy, you should get everything from the tower to the axle for $200 at a pick n pull.

If you can get all this fixed for cheap, it may be worth it.

I don't know though, it looks a little beat up.

the fuck is wangan style?

Wew lad nah down to $1500 or less depending on whether or not its rusted to shit underneath and if it's leaking from its headgaskets

Wangan Midnight, Mid Night Club, Maximum Tune.

It's a highway that the infamous illegal racing crew the Mid Night Club used to race on. There's a manga/anime based on them which is named after the highway, as well as a video game based on the manga/anime.

Yeah man get the owner to lower the price by heaps lol

oh cool, for some reason it escaped me that it's associated with Mid Night Club

>buying a beat to shit, unreliable, automatic memebaru
Y tho? A civic would be just as fun on a back road and more reliable.

Cause AWD and I can slap a turbo on super easy

Here's mine btw

Gold wheels ftw

I actually need 1 or more of that style STI wheel.

No you can't.

Well you could... But it won't last unless you put almost no boost, at which point its a waste.

I'd say $1500 tops for that, seeing as it's all beat to shit.

A guy I know is into Subarus in a big, big way, especially that body style. I think he has 5 of them at this point, and that may not be including a caged and stripped shell.

They're not bad to mod, though drivetrain parts are pricey. A WRX or STI motor will run you $2500 or so, the trans to back it (6 speed manual) another $1000-$1500, merge harness to make it work another $1000 or so.

But at the end of it, you'll have $5k into a car that now has ~300 HP and weighs all of 2800 lbs, and you can mod the motor fairly easily to get more out of it.

Even figuring you do buy this POS for $2500, all in for $7500 you'd end up with a car that could quite likely outrun a new/stock STI off the line for 1/5th the price.

Of course, that's not figuring in all the repairs you'll have to make outside of the engine/trans swap, because that thing is probably rusted to shit and beat to hell and back, but optimistically, if you had $10k on hand and knew what you were doing, you could be well on your way to a decently fun car by buying this one.

Bro I guarantee thise miles are not original. That car probably has over 160xxx.
Ask for the vin and ask a dealership user to run it for you.

is this a meme or do you guys not know that rust belt is a play on words referencing the decline of manufacturing and how that resulted in the region once referred to as the "steel belt" becoming a no man's land of urban decay due to the fleeting industry and lack of economic opportunities.

It in no way shape or form means that cars there are quicker to rust.

Yeah but all those large manufacturing cities tended to be up in the mid atlanting mid west that have 4 distinct seasons, so they also tend to have heavily salted, poor quality roads in the winter being that they've all suffered economic decay and lay in a climate area that is rather rough on steel bodied vehicles

>Buy mine. $1000
Where you at pham

Literally never heard that before. I don't live in a salt state, but I've always heard it used to mean any state that they salt the roads when it snows, rusting out all the cars. So pretty much everything in the northern half of the US.

Guys I really really like the 2dr 2.5RS style Subarus but it's difficult to find any non-molestered ones in my area for sale

Should I hit eBay or what? Willing to spend/save shekels if that's what it takes

the ad is for Grand Rapids which is in MI. I'd be much more concerned about rust on a car near the ocean in Cali or FL than in the ""rust belt"" in Michigan lol

The "salty air" you are thinking if is far less damning than a giant gravel filled potholed mess like a michigan

There's a reason why cali cars still have rocker panels 10-15 years after they've been purchased and Pittsburgh cars don't

it's not called the rust belt because cars rust you faggots

Where are you?

>Where are you?
West tex-ass, the part of the state that everyone hates

pics?

Well shit dude I just left that state last month

Well shit it just sold. Anyways I'm checking out this wrx instead would I be retarded to buy this? It automatic and beat to shit but apparently the engine was rebuilt so if it runs good it seems like an ok deal

Those autos are shit and will shit themselves if you do any power modifications. Absolutely find one with a manual or swap in the STI 6-speed.

So I couldn't even do like an aftermarket up pipe without killing the auto?

My dude, any wrx for less than $5000 will end up shitting the bed in some way from it's current owner (or soon to be previous) abusing it like a vapelord

The up-pipe isn't a power increasing upgrade, it's a turbo preserving one.
What I'm saying is that you won't have any opportunity to go "Stage 2". A Cobb or XPT stage 2 tune is an uppipe, downpipe, and intake and it will take you from 180whp to 240+whp. It's a ridiculous difference and takes the car from quick to fast. That's a 33% increase in power and it's relatively cheap. But the auto won't handle that. And auto shifts painfully slow.