INSURANCE IS A FUCKING SCAM

>replacing wrecked IS300
>want to buy 2011 Infiniti G37
>insurance quotes me 1100 dollars monthly for 500 collision and comp deductible
>no at fault accidents or moving violations on record since 9 years of driving
WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS?!

I understand that as a 25 year old male that my rates will be a little steep, and I was prepared to pay 400 monthly for insurance.

But really? 1100 fucking American dollars? What the fuck. What to do, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdwallet.com/insurance/compare-car-insurance-rates
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

G37 is ugly as fuck. Get a 370z

g37 known for high insurance.

I had mine and made like three claims from wrecking it, it getting egged, etc.

One helluva car senpai, but you can get better cost wise

370z is ugly as fuck. Get a 3k Civic.

3k civic is ugly as fuck get a get metro

You need to shop a bit, you would be surprised as to how much rates can vary between insurance companies. When I bought my car, it was going to be nearly 300 per month to insure if I stayed with my a the time current insurance company, but after shopping a bit, I was able to find a good compromise between coverage and cost (currently 150 per month) and of course it's been getting lower every year I go without any accidents or tickets.

What I love about insurance is that even though Im paying them monthly, they can still charge me $700 when someone backs into my parked car while I'm not even in it.

What did u just say motherfuckn ass senpai

>check the rates for Germany
>same driver age and accident free history
>same vehicle model and age
>same compehensive coverage and 500 (€)bucks deductible
>$105 monthly

If you're serious about finding something cheaper, I used this site as a starting point
nerdwallet.com/insurance/compare-car-insurance-rates

>geico premium coverage costs less than progressive liability
wtf
Why does the model year thing only go to 1981 though?

>b-but america has cheap insurance!!

btfo burgers

This thing Just told me I could get extended coverage on a Challenger RT at 20 years old for $167 a month.

Why is
>have cdl
>have no at fault accidents
>have two total demerits
>have defensive driving course
outweighed by
>be male
>be 23

Guys, his rates are high because he totaled a car and they paid out.

Normal insurance is like $100 a month or less for such car I the US for a 25 year old guy.

OP is just stupid...

If you have something that old you should have it on classic car insurance like Hagerty anyway, regular companies will just see it as an old shitbox and won't give you shit for it if something happens.

They don't care if you have a CDL, only that you have a clean record.

Other than that its statistics that show young single (non married) men to be the highest insurance risk so.......

Thats why.

If black people were a higher risk to insure, and you ran an insurance company, wouldn't you charge them more for the perceived risk?

Aren't black people a higher risk? Isn't making gender and age a factor sexist and ageist?

>replacing wrecked IS300
That's why.

>I understand that as a 25 year old male that my rates will be a little steep, and I was prepared to pay 400 monthly for insurance.
Even 400 is ridiculous. I'm 27 and pay less than that to insure four cars.

>replacing wrecked IS300
>no at fault accidents or moving violations

So, how did you wreck your car?

>Isn't making gender and age a factor sexist and ageist?

But if a certain group is of higher risk, how can someone deny you the right to charge them more? After all, its your right to protect yourself and business financially.

This is why there should be NO human intervention with insurance rates. Just a deep learning computer making decisions based on pure statistics.

Of course you'd have people crying that the computer is "bigoted and racist".

I believe most insurance companies charge heavily for those in the "ghetto" based on garaging address so that probably works.

All insurance companies care about are the statistics/numbers. It's on illegal if you DENY coverage based on factors like age or race. Using those factors to determine predicted risk is completely legal.

It's why companies have started to ask what your job is, and asking if they can pull your credit score.

At 22 I wrecked a 2013 mustang, totaled it.

Ever since then I've been charged more than double the previous rate.

$1400 per 6 months for 2015 Jetta and 2000 explorer.

Come this September/October I should see my rates fall down to under 600 per 6 months.

Feels good man. the 3 year surcharge is nearly over, so says Geico.

Pic related, my flipstang.

tfw u want an R32 GTR for a DD
tfw you have no idea how much insurance will cost but know it'll be a lot

OP is fake and gay and his story doesn't add up

He wrecked his car, and his insurance company was left holding the bag.

Of course they are gonna put that fuck through the grinder for getting another car considered a loss leader for them....

2016 FiST
26 year old male

$73/month
$250 collision/comprehensive deductible
Loan payoff coverage
Maxed out values on every single coverage to highest coverage level
Rental reimbursement included

Went from $116/month with USAA to the $72/month with Progressive with better coverage. I pay every 6 months though, so that probably makes it marginally cheaper than paying monthly.

Had no violations, at fault accidents, speeding tickets, nothing at all on my record, and my rate kept going up with USAA every time I renewed. This last time it was a $15 bump that made me start looking around. Made no sense at all, the car is older, less valuable, I'm older, less likely to crash, nothing happened in between, and my rate still went up.

Turns out insurance companies raise/drop prices in various areas depending on quite a lot of factors, so some companies have rates rise for no reason, while others drop over time as they try to get more customers in a specific area or demographic set.

Just shop around, the difference in price for me ranged from $400 more than what I was paying to nearly $300 less across half a dozen companies. Though if you're getting quoted $1100/month from your current company, chances are you won't find much that's decently cheap.

Holy shit I remember when you made that thread however many years ago. You got cooked so bad over that lol, how have you been

I considered buying one back in November, and called my insurance company up before I made an offer. They wanted me to register it as a classic or antique, and then have it appraised for collector's insurance. If I were to use it as a daily with normal registration and insurance, they said it probably wouldn't be covered for its actual value as a "special car" vs a normal +25 year old Nissan. I don't think it would have been expensive either way though.

He could be using some dumb online tool instead of talking to a real person. I remember running the numbers on an S2000 when I was looking to buy my first car in college, and one of those tools gave me a absurd quote of $800/month.

>be 23

that's why

If he really was not at fault how on earth is he paying almost 10 times what I pay on a brand new crash-prone vapemobile for a dogshit G37?

Damn dude you've been here for years. Whenever I come back you always still give me good advice and shit. Last time it was looking at 'ludes, never got one though. Wanted to say thanks.

Think it'd be under $200 a month for a 24 yo Male w/o any tickets (1 parking from a school) or accidents?

Figured someone might remember, lol

Been good, looking at getting a GTI now since my "punishment" is nearly over haha.

Yeah, it's crazy to think how much time has passed already. My Prelude has been sitting for a while, but I'm hoping to have it back on the road by mid-September. Will be my daily again if all goes well.

And under $200/month sounds more than reasonable to me. You'll probably need to have a discussion with your insurance company though, since right off the bat you won't be able to give them a normal VIN.

Hope you get it back up and running, whatever happened to it. Always comforting to see familiar faces when I return to certain boards.

And yea, that'll be the fun part. For the most part Geico seems cheapest for everything, think they'd insure it?

>Geico seems cheapest for everything, think they'd insure it?
You'd have to talk to them, it really depends. I use NJM and they offer both normal and classic auto insurance, so they would have had a policy that worked either way. But they did make it very clear the car wouldn't have been covered for its true value with a normal policy (having not been appraised like a classic policy), so do keep that in mind. Probably would be good to ask, since there's not enough data on the car for actuarial tables.

>Hope you get it back up and running, whatever happened to it
Needs a few small things from sitting mostly. Plan was to completely build the engine (already sourced a lot of the parts), but instead I'm going to just get it on the road for now, and then do the rebuild next spring.

thanksm8

G37/370z are the most dangerous sports car you can buy, they'll be sky high regardless of age/driving record

This is a situation where you need an insurance broker. I went from a quote directly from progressive at 430 a month, to one from progressive for 320 from the same person.

Car was totaled by some nig nog backing into it

Also, I'm black. Does that really affect my rates?

>He could be using some dumb online tool instead of talking to a real person.

Ok... that's my problem it looks like. But I've ran online tool quotes in the past and got decent rates. Albiet these were shitboxes.

Haha. Yes

>totalled by some nig nog
>I'm black

Did you back into your own car op? Come on, be honest.

you must live in a shit zip code. move.

>Tfw 25 years old and 59 dollars a month for DD comprehensive coverage on my 1984 supra
You've been in an accident, don't lie

OPs rate is shit. back when i drove a 2000 celica GTS it would have been cheaper to insure a corvette Z06. i was told its because people in Corvettes know they can go fast and drive more responsibly. The cheaper the speed the more likely an idiot can own it i guess