Car Alarms

Looking at older cars, namely things before 2000 and even JDMs, but I want an alarm. Chances are I'll be innacity or a populated area, so I don't want someone to steal my ride.

Think their worth it? Shits only like $200 and can save a car (pic related)

seriously noone?

the only one worth a shit is a lowjack

lowjack doesnt deter

used to keep an anti theft column lock on my car, and after two windows replaced kept the door unlocked. best anti theft for a bad neighborhood I found.

cant you pull the coil wires? you said older cars

>pulling wires everytime you drive

I've considered using a credit card, that I don't use, and stick it somewhere on my car. Since RFID chip, it can be tracked, if stolen. Wot say?

>Since RFID chip, it can be tracked, if stolen.
Do you know what RFID is?

Coil kill switch is a best

are you talking about a starter kill

The best thing you can do is not live in the hood and not visit the hood. If someone wants your car bad enough they're going to take it. Everyone ignores car alarms. Some kind of immobilizer is best.

No one pays attention to car alarms , period. Do you think anybody cares about someones car getting stolen? The only thing it will do is piss off a neighbor, who will toss a brick through the windshield.

>Since RFID chip, it can be tracked, if stolen. Wot say?
Wrong, and bad idea

Not true, trackmategps.com is way better than lojack.

Just let it be stolen faggot its reparations so just leave your keys in it too

So would an alarm with an automatic starter killswitch and a lojack be a good combo?

Just get a removable steering wheel and remove it when you park.

wire a switch to your feul pump and put the switch under your seat /thread

$8 in material leaves you 192 to blow on hookers have fun

Check with your insurance company if having a professionally installed alarm gives you an insurance discount. If so, find out the names and types of alarms they give discounts for.

As older cars without immobilizers go, a professionally installed alarm with immobilizer is good. But it must be installed properly or else you will one day be stranded somewhere by your own malfunctioning alarm system.

I had one installed for my older car. It sensed each of the door opening switching. A switch was added to the hood located not at the front center, but at the side where the battery was. The alarm also had its own fused wire connected to the battery and the fuse was very close to the battery. In return for a slight parasitic draw, if the alarms were disabled by pulling the fuses the car would be startable with the ignition key (I had two separate alarms). I wanted to be sure of that. I asked the shop for that because if I took it in for servicing, I wanted to make sure the alarms didn't make noise or cause other problems for the shop or dealer. You should always make sure your alarm has a way to allow authorized servicing of the car.

The reason why I had a 2nd alarm was because the old car design allowed easy access to the battery cable from under the car. So a car thief could go underneath and cut the battery line. Because of that, the main alarm would thus lack power. So the 2nd alarm had its own rechargeable battery and it protected the main alarm and immobilizer system.

Glass breakage sensors were inside the cabin. I opted for a pager unit. My previous even older car had a pager and it helped me catch a black guy trying to get into my car. The even older car had noise sensors stuck to the door so if the door handles were pulled, the pager would be triggered. The main noisemaker siren and car horn only sounded if the glass was broken or the other traditional alarm switches were triggered.

So some retard can flood your car trying to crank it? Nice. Kill fuel not spark

>doesn't have mechanical fuel pump

Pussy.

What did he mean by this?