hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.com
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>/hsg/ Tournament
Signup Sheet: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezW_F-LPJ8SRG7HvmDEH9ZqVTzKJMG-6wrVkRNR3BG4U2Yng/viewform?usp=sf_link
Tourney Discord: discord.gg/xHRA3Qz
Dates: April 28th-30th NA
May 5th - 7th EU
Prize Pool: 20$ Blizzbucks, a Gallon of Chocolate Milk

>Arena poll: strawpoll.me/12883046/

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jenlSf2E8o
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Glyph into

>Golden Yogg
I'm actually considering that, golden Noz as well

>top two
>patches + cold blood
>patches + rogue quest

>wild growth+yogg
>not innvervate+yogg

What's wrong with you?

>Watch StrifeCro stream
>12 wins with renolock
>almost every other opponent is renolock too

Good that this cancer class is dead in standard.

>9-1 with Midrange Hunter from Rank 15

so close to ten, and then i can play with shit decks again for a bit

Last time I got to rank 5, I did it with probably one of the biggest win streaks all the way from rank 10 to 8 then 8 to 5, only two losses. I honestly thought I was very lucky that time- is it an actual grind to 5?

>my 12.8k dust control paladin is doing worse than my hunter deck

reminder that midrange hunter is viable for climbing if you're having a shit time- only needed two epics

Imagine this nowadays.
>Jade Idol + Wild Growth
>Mana Wrym + Primordial
>Tide Caller + Grimscale Chum

Fuck, why can't Blizz into good Tavern Brawl ideas any more? It's the one thing to look forward to in this game.

Thats because control pally is hard to play and you are a rank 15 shitter. Play easy decks and you'll climb.

Lads, I have a question. Let's say you're playing an aggressive deck and you need 1 crucial card, but only have 3-4 synergy cards in your starting hand. For example:

>Pirate Warrior
Bloodsail Cultist + Dread Corsair + Southsea Deckhand + Bloodsail Rider

Now this is a sick curve, but you need a WEAPON to go with all this shit. How many cards do you mulligan and which ones? Alternatively:

>Aggro Mage:
Arcane Missiles + Mirror Image + Sorcerer's Apprentice + Primordial Glyph
Now this would be a sick start with the coin, but you desperately need Mana Worm to go with all this shit. How many cards do you mulligan away digging for Mana Worm and which ones?

The fact that mid-face hunter can do so well against decks that cost near ten times it bothers me in this game. Its a sad feeling knowing that I will be playing hunter for the next forever months because everything else costs a fuckload of money yet gets beaten by something I half-assed over a week. Not that I want the game to be P2W(it already kind of is) I just wish every class had a 2k budget deck that was good on the ladder.

>Reroll awful 50 class cards quest
>Win 5 tavern brawls
T-Thanks blizzard

did you not read, I got to 5 last season- didn't even mention I got to legend

>hard to play
>hearthstone
>clear board with pyro+eq, have board late game, heal, heal, heal, search for eq with 4/4 to blow up more fields
>primordial + eq
>ten minutes+ a game
>use ungoro pack for more security
>summon n'zoth to get back tirion and etc.

I'll admit I'm inexperienced with it though.

i'm not autistic enough to play 10 minutes a game with a 60% winstreak when I can do it with hunter

bothers me, too. I wish hunter actually had more options than aggro because I like playing as hunter.

Hey anons, what's the best counter to all of this disgusting aggro cancer I keep going against?
It was bad enough when it was just Hunter, now it's Shaman, Warrior, even fucking Priest

Sounds easy, you're not bad at the game are you? It's only $10 to essentially buy 3 golden legendaries and 5000g worth of packs

>1/3 any wins
>50 shaman cards
>2/5 shaman/pali wins
>Make a deck of 30 shaman cards just to get card quest out of the way
>Only card above 4 is Fire Elemental
>Beat pirate warrior
>Beat quest hunter
>38/50 shaman cards left

The more aggressive the deck, the harder you mulligan.
In your Warrior, sending back everything except Deckhand and maybe Rider is alright if you know you have 2x N'zoth's First Mate and 2x of War Axe in your deck. Your best bet is to curve out until you can play the best things like War Axe + Upgrade or Reaper later on and win.
Now, in the mage example, you send back everything except Glyph and Apprentice because those other cards aren't going to help you unless your opponent is Hunter.
It just depends on what's the match-up and how the cards you keep will benefit you.

Why on earth would you ever reroll a 60g quest?

"Waaaaaah everything is cancer"

this game is cancer so yes.

It was the 40 gold version of that. Probably got the numbers wrong.

No wild cards

Why does Blizzard like this word so much?

Cause stories

Play Wild instead and make Renolock/Mage/N'zoth Priest. If you don't like any of those then you'll be stuck with Midrange Paladin or Taunt Warrior.

Does every mage in arena have pyroblast now?

rawr.xDpasta.pdf

>Kripp wins
>cocky and petty faggot who BMs for pathetic reasons

>Kripp loses
>entertaining as fuck to watch him cry like a little bitch and makes the stream worth watching

Why is Kripp so gay?

not enough protein can cause the human body to decrease productions of testosterone levels.

He is a vegan.
This has been said multiple times in multiple threads

What the fuck is his problem?

Hunter is easy to play braindead, but there's more depth to it than it's had since gvg with it's "token combo" playstyle. Going turn 1 is very important in the mirror but if you know how to play it better than your opponent it often doesn't matter, most people just give you back tempo for free at some point.

Reminder that Leeroy is the correct 5 drop in Hunter, have been trying a Roc or Stranglethorn Tiger over Rhino, though.

Arena predictions?

>cucknapper

I forgot if it was during GvG or TGT reveal that they started buying into the whole rng = fun. One of the developers had an entire panel dedicated to talking about rng and how it actually increases skill level and then started comparing it to chess saying it would be more fun if the back pieces were randomized so every game was different. Also because stories

The answer is that it's really matchup dependent. You can keep certain cards in matchups when they just provide nuts value against a certain class, even if not right away. A good example I can think of is Rogues keeping Tomb Pillager in every non-aggro matchup.

If you're playing aggro mage and had that hand, you're absolutely golden in faster matchups, if it's against hunter, rogue, warrior I'd 4 keep or possibly consider mulliganing the glyph but probably not. In a slower matchup like say Taunt Warrior or Priest, I'd mulligan Missles, Images, Glyph to hard mull for the Wyrm, you want to snowball and most importantly play shit on curve.

It's frustrating because while I agree that some rng is fun, it's all over the place. Add a random card, discover, do 1 damage randomly, etc etc.

Card games already have an element of randomness since you draw cards, I don't understand the insistence of doing it with every card.

If you want to learn how to mulligan/play Pirate Warrior a little better, shoop (Dreamhack winner) and Astrogation (top 16) are streaming gameplay right now.

twitch.tv
/shoop22

Sherazin or Lyra? Which legendary i the most fun to play?

Don't do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=-jenlSf2E8o

Watch this tutorial instead.

Also a decent option. Playing Pirate Warrior *******optimally******* is much more difficult than people think because they don't play it """""""correctly"""""" themselves

yup

And people say this game doesn't take skill when strife wins everytime...

At the highest level it's undeniable that some matches are determinded purely by coinflip. Be it some random effect or just the draw of the cards but shitters like Kripp and his followers constantly shit talk with like "I can pick up any netdeck and be win a tournament".

If the game was so infested with RNG we wouldn't see players continually winning tournaments, getting top 10 legend or getting 12 wins in heroic brawls.

so im playing this mid hunter since ppl thinks is rank5 viable but im having a lot of difficulties.
i think im at 30% wr with It. rank 15 atm, made It to 8 last season but couldn't get any further. I don't think I'm retarded but I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.can you recommend a streamer or a fucking video of someone playing that deck good? hell if you are good just drop your id and let me spectate you

Make smart choices for early trades, hope you don't play against taunt warrior/quest priest with a bad opener.

A majority of the time where you win, is because you domninate the first 5 turns with great early value. Alley-cat, Hyena is near a win in every matchup.

Same, I've been having a lot more difficulty with mid range hunter this season compared to the last one.

Minus a Hunters Mark for an Eaglehorn Bow, any suggestions?

Controltheboard, the only real main wild streamer has a 10 average in Brawls over like 12 runs so far, and multiple 12 wins. Not many good players actually play wild so the metagame is about to change for the Spikes soon. Also, wild combo priest is the hardest deck to play correctly in the game but it's tier 1 if you make decent plays

Fledgling sucks, get another bow.

problem is, i find it nearly impossible to have board nor tempo the first 5 turns. my 1/1 are just shit. every other deck outstats me till houndmaster and I don't run removals. even buffed hyena gets easily removed every time

Read what I said. Fledgling has won me games before and forces removal, not sure if that's what I want to remove. I think I'd remove a Macaw or Bat before I removed the Fledgling.

Which one is better, freeze mage or discover/burn mage?

>People still want to know how to play Hunter
Smash your head with a hammer a couple times and you'll be on the level with them

Consider 2 Golakka Crawlers or Hungry crabs over Fiery Bat depending on your preference. I would honestly cut a wolf for another bow, the tempo is welcome and you don't always get value off of wolf.

Consider experimenting with your 5 drop combos. Roc, Stampeding Kodo, Tundra Rhino, Tiger, and Leeroy are all viable options. I don't know if Hunter's Mark is worth but I run just 1

What kind of winrates do you guys usually wind up with on your decks? Since I started tracking my shit I started getting demoralized, nothing I ever build myself gets above 55% after a couple dozen games, it's all aggro, quest rogue and quest warrior
Why even play if I'm gonna play against the same four decks every game

I said get another bow bitch. If fledgling was winning you the game you were already winning. If you pull fledgling while behind its a dead card 99% of the time whereas a bow is versatile enough to make an impact through either instant damage, choosing a target and board control.
All of your 1/1's serve a purpose. Crackling razormaw gives them retarded value. Macaw is to make up for hunters no draw, alley-cat is easy beast synergy with Roc, houndmaster, Hyena, and companion calls. Bat is the only questionable 1-drop but he's won many games for me due to razormaw buffing him early to get great trades.

>People still want to know how to play Hunter

it's amazing how much a boring shit the hunter class is. they've been playing the same deck since forever it seems. curve into highmane and hope you topdeck shit. any other playstyle blizzard tried to make with the class tanked

Somehow, out of nowhere, I lost all desire to play HS and I wonder why.

The amount of times I've unleashed and hunters marked a 8/8 taunt or some shit makes at least one mark worth the time. Instant trade in your favor even if its a 2:1, as hunter that shit is godlike.
I look forward to even more beast cards being forced.

Having another 3 drop is pretty important for curve, although I feel like the stickiness of Pack Rat makes it objectively better over the coinflip snowball of Fledgling

I'd be getting rid of either Hunter's Mark, Fiery Bat or Dire Wolf for another bow and another Fledgling, and a Roc for a Tundra Rhino.

>No tundra rhino
>No 2 bows
>Fledgling
>2 direwolf alphas
No wonder you are losing.

I know they serve a purpose IN THEORY. but if I don't have crackling? that's why I'm asking for good streamers. I want to understand how to play it when you don't have the right theory cards

Nigga that's why you mulligan hard like every other aggro deck.

>Fledgling sucks
>A 3-cost "Use removal here or auto-lose" is somehow worse than a 3-cost "do 6 damage over 2 turns"

are you telling me you get the cards you want from mulligan 100% of the time? cause I usually get Savannah and roc ffs

I said in the first post I made that I was dropping Hunter's Mark for another Bow. Read, retard.

I'd like to put in a Hungry Crab but as a F2P player, getting 400 dust is a pain in the ass. You think Wolf is the next thing I should cut if I make improvements, though? I feel like Macaw is really underwhelming a lot of the times.

How good is Kodo? I don't like Rhino much, it's really only good with Grandmother and it's not really a 5 drop you can put out unlike Roc. Then again neither is Kodo, but I feel like Kodo answers on 5 unlike Rhino which has to answer at 6 at the earliest.

Is Rhino really that good? I'm really not sure it'd work out too well. Also 2 Fledgling doesn't feel very good, I had it in my list for a while and one really feels good enough.

I never said anything about losing. I ended up Rank 9 last season because I didn't have time to play much and I'm shit at the game, but I feel like this deck could make Rank 5 pretty easily.

It's not considered a top tier deck at high legend so it's kind of hard to find streamers who jam it right now. Some legacy SMOrc players that you might catch playing hunter sometimes might be JAB or Orange maybe? There might be some decent guides on hearthpwn but it's a deck that really tests your fundamentals rather than focusing on the synergy of the deck for the most part imo.

The classic explanation of how you should play is to be able so set up a modest board for long enough that you can transition it into one or two big burst turns (houndmaster, Rhino, drop Roc to protect little guys, etc.) so you can just leverage out the rest of the game with chip damage if you haven't killed them already. The setup is always more important than the SMOrc

Absolutely do not cut Macaw, it's an important highroll card to have. Add 2 Golakka Crawlers then, Fiery Bat is not worth the tech slot and a 2/3 butt to drop is decent.

I run a variation of and personally think that the 5 drop is the hardest part of the deck to build. Right now I've been running Leeroy and Tiger for dat SMOrc, but Roc is honestly something you should run at least 1 of. Try mixing it up and see what you like, the best way to find the one you feel is the strongest is to try all of them and they are all similar in powerlevel. It should be noted the primary reason to run Rhino is because it REQUIRES your opponent to use removal on it the next turn lest they be blown out by a Highmane face, so it's more of a "pave the way" card in most cases, that's why you play on 5.

I think 1 wolf is enough, honestly.

>F2Player
>Can only craft one quest deck
>Try taunt warrior
>taunt warrior is totally shit

Welp

Do you mean Rhino when you say Roc there? I'll try a Crawler instead of a Bat, though, thank you.

Midrange hunter is the place to be for us poor folks, friend.

>spamming in twitch chat
>accidentally make a typo
>immediately close the tab and start pacing around the room
I can't be the only one who does this

Because it is. Fledgling is a win-more card. You picked a trap option.
>worse than bow
forever a shieldbearer

Welcome to fucking card games, hard to think how cards are situationally useful depending on when you draw them huh?

user you seem to be exaggerating a lot

>participating in twitch chat

yeah, reddit, you are the only one here who does

>Spamming in twitch chat
KYS

>Master of obvious
thanks genius, this revelation really helps me play better in those situations

Then don't bitch about variables in a game built on them you fucking chode.

About 70% usually, this season I'm going lower because I'm completing my quests in ranked as I don't feel like grinding. Atm rank 12 just from quests, will probably grind when I'm close to a checkpoint (10 and then 5, I've been already Legend once and I'll never force myself in that shitty grind again)

I crafted a priest deck. at least im having fun at rank 15 i fuckin guess

15 is the perfect place for those that don't want to spend more time than needed on the game. After climbing to legend last year I've only pushed to 15 since. Extra dust is nice, but the time investment is absolutely insane the higher you get.

Rank 10 or 5. Minimum is 10 for me. It isn't even hard to get to 10

I streak until I lose rank then call it a day after 15. If you aren't gaining you're losing time.

10 is easy as fuck to get. You can play retarded fucking shit and get to 10 so long as it isn't the first 5 days of the reset. I am already 10 and I have been playing elemental priest.

>opponent plays free from amber
>This guy shows his face
>post yfw and the theme that starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

>Mfw I was playing Miracle and it was supposed to be my Auctioner turn

>I always post this image
>i dont care tho.
post images of when you used to actually have fun playing this game.

>tho

>first 7 games playing aids taunt warrior
>4 of my opponents concede by turn 8

This deck is just as retarded as I thought it would be. I should have joined the faggotry sooner, just for laughs.

A game already reduced to net-decking in order to regularly achieve legendary status, not to mention over 99% of ALL competitions having the same decks run against each other EVERY competition, has been further reduced, further put on rails, by QUESTS.

While this idea looked good on paper, and is exciting in practice, at first,[i] over the long-term, across a longitudinal study, QUESTS will prove to be a major hinderance to Hearthstone and Blizzard should already be considering a way to phase them out of play.

If it isn't obvious to the reader why this is the case, allow me an example:
Example: Pirate Warrior--
This deck plays itself. It has a single objective, with a decision tree lacking any real branches. This is what QUEST decks are. They are premade decks, prepackaged by Blizzard, for you, customized by the top players in the world, and played the same way by everyone, everywhere.
Their objective is on rails. Their decision trees, per deck, are identical in identical situations.

This means that every choice you can possibly make has already been made for you, not by you, and deviating from these choices will only lower your win rate.

Watch it unfold.

The laughs end after around 20 games or so when you really feel how little fun there is to be had with the most auto-pilot deck in the game.

>Made a new account on different server
>Rank 20 and casual is nothing but tier 1 netdecks
I can imagine how horrifying the new player experience is

Not that I'm defending cancer taunt warriors, but there's this so called midrange hunter that only has to make ONE decision the whole game and that is whether or not to coin on turn 1.

For me as an "arena" player it makes easier if I don't rank up, but you are right.

Enemy with that 1/4 taunt ape doesn't have much of a chance vs somebody who has Antonidas and Co in his deck, even if you play super poorly.

Any reason why Hearthstone couldn't be converted to a physical card game? I know that there was a WoW card game but it was shit.

Pretty much every mechanic could be resolved with dice right?

At this point most of the classic set should just come standard for new players. Not saying every leggo or whatever, but at least a lot of the core class cards should to make new players not get absolutely fucked. The choice as a F2P player to craft a 400 dust epic when you need 1600 for a legendary is one of the worst feelings in videogames total. There are a ton of options they could do. But man the new player experience is the worst game on the market.

How do you resolve Yogg RNG with dice?

Less control over the market.

>Unpacked a Nozdormu recently
>Toss him in any deck with free space
>Against some aggrivating slowpoke Quest Mage
>Wait until the end of my turn, then drop him and hit end turn asap
>Watch him get flustered and fuck up turns entirely, 4 mana left by the end of the rope
>Well played.
>Concedes

Have a seperate spell draw pile.