pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/189919
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i play dark souls sometimes

You fucking retards, does nobody else actually know how to make a fucking thread so that the tripfag of all people doesn't do it?

evidently you don't either

Anyone on pc wanna do a ruin run? Make your name Yahim, Ricce or Alessia, then make this build:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/189919
or we could do a dks1 meme build of rogue, elite knight and cleric

No one even cares at this point. A thread is a thread.

>have played these games for years now
>have invaded a few times
>have been invaded God knows how many times
>hearing the invasion noise still sends shivers down my spine
Shit legit spooks me out every time. Quality sound design there FROM, good job.

keep a soapsign or homeward bone on your item bar near your estus. When someone is trying to enter your world you'll see the bone or soap gray out before they are in your game. Gives you like a 15 second head start.

I've played these games for 4 years and only been invaded a total of 4 times.

Once in DaS2 in Bellfry Tower
Once In DaS1 by a Giant Dad in Duke's Archives
Twice in DaS3, by a watchdog in farron and an aldritch faithful in the area after Pontiff.

I never have any fun PvP experiences in this game.

why would you even do this

invaders spawn far enough away from you that you always have enough time to run back to the bonfire if you want to be a faget

>Once in DaS2 in Bellfry Tower

i don't believe this

going through the belfry tower was like going through a hell gauntlet of walking memes

Did you play really late or something? I got invaded constantly in DaS1. (Invasions were fucked in DaS2.) DaS3 should be consistent invasions if you keep your dried finger active.

ironically the silence afterward with the little "invaded by so an so" was what really made it for me, a shame invaders are so ineffectual now

Late DS2
Late DS1
DS3 on launch, I didn't even see any activity in TRC or AoA and I played those on launch too.

I have PS+ because I needed it for BB chalices, and I could see messages and shit online, just so I never get invaded ever in these games.

Who cares? Anyone can make a thread and if a pathetic tripfag needs validation to shine your shoes then by all means.

I will add, that I never level up in these games. I've always found leveling to be counter-intuitive for a game that sells itself as being based exclusively on difficulty, in retrospect maybe that's why I have issues finding players online?

You need to keep your dried finger active in DaS3 if you want invasions. It's similar to how you could ring then immediately silence your sinister bell in BB to get an S-Maiden into your world.

Matchmaking is level based. If you aren't going to level, you aren't going to be invaded.

Can someone help me fight Gaping Dragon? Or atleast drop me a bunch of Pine Resin? I am on steam. It's kinda kicking my ass.

idk, i use to have to do it all the time in dark souls 1 because of all the shitty twinkers. Gives me time to swap items around, clear an area for a fight or haul ass to the fog.

>I will add, that I never level up in these games. I've always found leveling to be counter-intuitive for a game that sells itself as being based exclusively on difficulty, in retrospect maybe that's why I have issues finding players online?

this has to be bait

Souls was never based "exclusively" on difficulty. It's not even that hard, it's not even the hardest From Soft game/franchise. The difficulty meme was started because of World Tendency in Demon Souls (which made the game harder if you were worse at it, and easier if you did well). But everything else was a marketing gimmick in the US by Bandai Namco to get players to buy the game.

not leveling up is missing out on 80% of the game.

>It's kinda kicking my ass.
This is a joke, right?

>dealing 170~180 damage with a pontiff knight curved sword at sl60 and weapon at +3
is this good enough? i feel like i'm doing cringe damage, people have well over 1k health in these areas.

Can someone help me fight Taurus Demon? Or at least drop me a bunch of Pine Resin? I am on steam. It's kinda kicking my ass.

>I've always found leveling to be counter-intuitive for a game that sells itself as being based exclusively on difficulty
That's just a marketing strategy used to rope in normies, you should at least level up enough to try out different tools. Creativity is the real selling point.

> in retrospect maybe that's why I have issues finding players online
yes

gaping dragon has a ton of health and deals some damage. it's hard the first time around, or maybe he didn't kill the channeler.

Whats a good strength weapon I could use that doesnt really need to rely on a lot of poise?

Currently using millwod battleaxe and wondering if there is something else I could use to handle a larger mob.

maybe you should try a pure action game and not an rpg if you want to forgo half the game because of muh hardcore difficulty

I started in 2014 with DS2 and the game was sold/advertised on steam, the internet and by my friends as being the "super hardcore" and etc.
I enjoy my level 1 runs, I'm not missing much except casting stuff which doesn't interest me anyways.

>summoned for spear
>on the fucking ropes for the whole fight because host +2 phantoms
>get zoned away from host by phantoms
>painting guardian solos the host

fug

ez frag(ments)

I killed every boss easy peasy, Just gaping is hard. I am not sure if I am strong enough damage wise

Where is the brain damage user? I want him to post build so I can fix it.

Heavy Winged Knight Halberd

>the brain damage user?
Who? The "I was the first to use +6 weapons" guy?

If you kill the channeler and focus on cutting the tail first, Gaping can't do shit. You can just slap her rear ankle after a charge and there is nothing she can do. Just back up when she spits up.

Thanks
I was just looking at the winged knight halberd, splitleaf gs, and exile gs.

>single healthbar with a lot of health
>multiple health bars
which is better for multiphase bosses?

I got the channeler, does cutting the tail off keep it hacked off forever?

A single health bar is more fair.

yes it does.

>millwood battle axe has 40 more AR than butcher's knife for almost half the str requirement
>splitleaf with 30 str has as much AR as a 66 str gundy's
>exile post-nerf has more AR as fume
can uninfuseable str weapons get buffed please?

Every host I'm supposed to protect dies, I feel like a failed cop.

Single

What you see is what you get

half of the weapons in the game require more than base equipment stats

Level 1 runs are fun but they're not at all how the game was supposed to be played. Souls is good because you can replay it 100 different ways using different stats and strategies, you don't get access to any of those at level 1.

depends on if it's a surprise or not

Requesting that image / copy pasta of the bosses with the parody names, Like "High lord We-wuz" and "Fat of the boreal valley"

I had to actually superglue a small grey piece that held the thing that presses the button on the right joystick of my Dualshock 3, that's what seemed ot be the issue with it, it fell off and messed things up when vibrating. I can't really play without vibration anymore, don't notice when I'm hit sometimes.

Anyways, Is a spear a nice phallic weapon for now? Or is there something else I should get that'll go with the deviantart cringe theme?

>read on /dsg/ that if someone r1 spams you you can just spam parry and it's a free parry
>try it on some annoying dagger cunt
>dagger does 7 strikes in a row on me
>no parry

woooooow

Single, but with the second health bar hidden behind the first. Chip away the first and reveal the second behind it, chip away the second to reveal the third behind it, etc. Square Enix figured out how to do multiple health bar 10 years ago.

Dragon Pe-Tooth, Dragon Tooth.

it's for straightswords (and rapiers?), and only works with small shields or faster tools

Doesn't work on greatswords because, even though they're slower, they have way more hitstun. Axes will give you more time than you need, so if you mash you'll parry early and get hit, at least with a caestus parry.

you can use over 80+ weapons at sl1 in ds3, and 50+ spells and etc.
he's not missing that much
a few weapons with unique WA is all that he's missing out on really.

hmm. i was using the buckler. i really do hate that quickstep dagger faggotry.

DS3 =/= DS2

DS2 base stats are 5. At SL1 you're limited only to 2Hing small weapons, with no access to greatswords, ultras, spells, etc.

Yeah you can play the game that way but it's going to be boring as fuck.

I'll get it as soon as I can, I guess I'll use large club in the meantime. I was thinking of using spears to thrust into people, but as I see they aren't thick enough.

>aldrich invading
>fight is happening down in the water reserve
>climb down to see red phantom finish off a sunbro with quickstep dagger
>red then pulls out estoc and starts chasing host around
>feel sudden surge of empathy from seeing such faggotry
>help the red gank the host and leave him an ember before BC

What are the "best" Ultra weapons in terms of usability? I assume the more standard ones are best, but I kind of like different movesets. I've been using the BKGA and while it's fun, it's slow and has a wonky hitbox.

I don't necessarily care about PvP viablity, but I'd like to try out different weapons too.

After killing Midir is there any reason to play ds3? Should I just move on to bloodborn or persona 5?

i wasnt saying anything about ds2 and fwiw the poster was talking about all 3 dark souls games and not just one

i was saying that in regards to ds3 you have a rather large weapon pool at sl1

Best ultras are Yhorm's, Ledo's Great Hammer, Great Club, Spiked Mace, Greatsword, Astora's, Lothric Knight Greatsword and Ringed Knight Paired Greatsword.

So wait, what's the plan with this character? Amazon or something?

I might go make Yhorm's then, since I don't feel like farming just yet. But LKGS, really? I figured with the split damage it'd be inferior. Maybe I'll go and get those and set my stats so I can use all Ultra weapons (since some have higher Dex requirements) and just upgrade the ones I like.

Hey guys, I don't like this game.

Supposed to be deviantart cringe, I'll make her cast profuse sweating all the time, and that's as much muscle as I could have, since part of deviantart cringe is those hyper muscle characters. She's also wearing the DLC loincloth cause it kinda looks like a diaper.

Today I learned that if you hit someone before they hit you, and your weapon is faster then theirs, and you both staggered near the same time, your opponent for whatever reason will recover the exact same second as you, and consistently trade r1s with you despite you hitting him first. End me.

GIVE IT BACK

Ds2 has a bunch of stat boosting items early. IIRC you can get cale's helm and the ladle and it will allow you to use the rapier
It might not be the way the game is meant to be played but the challenge can really enhance the experience. Particularly consumables suddenly become very important and there are choices you need to make, you can't just go with any weapon you want and get sufficient results.

The split damage isn't a con on the LKGS because it has high damage in both physical and lightning while it is buffable. Split damage isn't an issue when both damage types are high and you can mitigate that even more with LKGS being able to be buffed with Gold Pine Resin or Lightning Blade which makes it the most damaging normal UGS. LKGS is also one of the most versatile weapons for builds in the game, working on almost every build type save INT ones.

if Gundyrs did more damage his WA would OHK more people unless the WA doesn't scale directly off ar.

It's the least DS game in the series. It's a fine game, has decent PvE and a LOT of content, but has its own problems as every game does. I still think it's better than many games today.

Yeah, DeviantArt has some cringey shit. It's got SOME good but other sites replaced it for that.

>tfw large club will never be as good as DS1 was

FOLLOWER'S SPEAR

Sometimes there's no protecting a host from himself. A lot of the times that I've failed is because the host was a retard and did something stupid, playing right into the invader's hand.

The physical AR on Lothric Knight greatsword is so high it's almost like having a minor buff on at all times that becomes huge if you buff with lightning.

Also for some reason ???sharp??? astora greatsword is top tier, but it's a dex weapon for some reason.

>Wanting Gundyr's to do more damage

All those weapons need AR nerfs if anything, they all have notably more AR than other weapons in their class without any downsides save Exile's weight on single-stat scaling. Butcher's Knife and FUGS do need a base AR buff though.

This does shit damage for the risk you take to land it.

Oh, I see. I guess I could carry around resins, I don't really know if I want to have a high investment in Str and Fai as well. Still, it seems like it'd be fun to try out.

AGS seems to have been REALLY good for a while, I remember Pyro's using it at launch.

DeS: George H.W Bush
DaS: Bill Clinton
DaS2: George W. Bush
Bloodborne: Barrack Obama
DaS3: Donald J. Trump

LKGS is not a faith weapon unless you infuse it like one. It just has strong physical and lightning damage.

You don't need a high investment in STR or FAI for LKGS, it works well on STR, DEX, or hybrid builds including Faith.

if the LKGS had overheads id love it but unfortunately I can outrange those swings way to easily even with fist weapons now.

you can just combo into the splitleaf WA for even more damage, not to mention gundy's is parryable. And it isn't like all attacks do the same amount of damage based off of the AR. R1s have different modifiers than R2s, etc. Just change the charge modifier on gundys if an AR increase makes it do too much.

Trying to force politics into everything: Reddit

>about to go into ng+
>having to have 15 tabs of npc questlines open so i don't get cucked out of items

FUCK

Jesus what the fuck. I guess the only drawback is the overheads/range then?

I preferred the pizza analogies

What does any of that even mean? You just put the last five presidents and attached the last five souls games to them. I can imagine Bill Clinton would like Dark Souls desu

what is some cathedral knight helm FASHION

What's even the thought process behind this

shit, webem was for the club has its moments

a real shame warcry fucking sucks

>DeS and DS1 were trash, DS2 was entertaining and fun, and DS3 is embarassingly meme-tier.

>DeS and DaS2 being in any way related
the only good version of this meme is the comparison with the smash series

It's heavy. As far as the moveset is concerned it's got thrust attacks and wide sweeps, which I tend to prefer. But if you like vertical ugs moves more it doesn't have much outside of jumping.

NG+, PvP, or replaying but with different build style / stats.

In other words, probably not.

It's called the Zweihander

>deviantart
why aren't you using the frayed blade?

Only if you find any of that fun. For example, I helped a bunch of people co-op Midir.

Is that a JoJo pose?
You surely mean the Suaihander

that comparison isn't even that good because smash 4 is fucking terrible and shows that the developers did not learn a thing from brawl

At least in dark souls 3 they figured out that nobody liked the way it felt to move your character around in 2

Are you seriously implying the movement in 4 is as bad as Super Trip Brothers: Fall?