Almost got in a crash

Please help me Veeky Forums , i got my driving license 8 days ago and love driving and everything about it , i aced all my exams (including the practical part that has a 50% failure rate) and tonight i was driving with 2 of my friends around town and i was doing the speed limit on a road that has 2 lanes in the direction i was going and i was in the right lane.A car about 10 meters away from me suddenly stopped and the passenger went out to get something from a bakery , i spotted that sort of late (didnt see hazards or brainfarted) and i had to slam my brakes when my friend yelled and stopped about 30cm from the guys fender and i had a couple of cars really close behind me and they also had to slam their brakes and tires screeched,so i put about 3-4 cars including mine in an awkward position. People were honking and shit while i had to go from 3rd to 1st and rejoin the left lane because of the fucking retard that decided to stop all traffic in one lane just to have a piece of pastry. I drove home with shit scared in me ,i wasnt really paying attention when driving after that and i dont even know how i got home safely. I keep replaying that scenario in my head and wandered what the fuck happened and why was my braking so late and why the fuck did the retard stop? I am now frightened to get behind the wheel again and cant stop stressing out about it(fact that 2 of my friends were also in the car and witnessed/experienced the fuck up also isnt helping. Please give me some advice, i illustrated the situation in the pic.

You were probably distracted because of our friends. No biggie, we've all been there.

Now that you're on the road you got to realize that every driver out there with you is a potential retard. As such you should always be cautious around anyone. You might consider yourself a good driver but that's only half of it.

You were lucky and make this a learning experience. Just because it's a road doesn't mean someone won't stop. If it's convenient for someone, you can bet they'll take that opportunity. You might go find a place to park to go into an establishment, others will simply just fuck everyone else and park right there.

Don't mind the others behind you. They didn't keep a safe distance from you or weren't paying attention either.

Drive like you're invisible and drive like everyone is fucking retarded. People will do whatever the fuck they want on the road if they can do it and you must be prepared to act accordingly.

Have a good day, sir.

Advice:
PAY MORE ATTENTION
LEAVE MORE SPACE BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT. If you have more distance, you have more time to think.

>our friends
Why does this board have so many fucking errors? Are you all pretentious, stupid faggots?
All this portrayal of supperioriry, and you all always make fools of yourselves while shitting on others.

Also:

When on the road with others, try to predict what they might do and already have a plan to do something about it.

Keep your eyes on the road and keep peeking at your mirrors. Have a 3D visualization in your mind of the road and everyone around you.

Check your blind spots too, people LOVE to cruise in the blind spots of either. Don't do that either. They will not see you and change into your lane forcing you to take action.

Don't be a bitch on the road. Don't be an aggressive asshole either but OWN your spot in the road. Don't let others push you around. Follow the law and own your shit. If you're not doing anything wrong, keep your stance.

Also: maintain you're fucking vehicle. You don't want to have some mechanical failure at a time you need it most. Keep brakes working well and don't skimp out on tires. If you need to dodge some obstacle or stop promptly, having a well functioning vehicle will make the difference between a wreck and crisis averted. But the most important thing is being an attentive and astute driver.

Don't be scared to go back out there. Get miles in there. Practice makes perfect but you got to make that practice count! And that means paying attention. Don't use your fucking phone for god sake. ESPECIALLY if you're moving. It only takes a second for a speeding fuck to lose control and wreck your shit.

I think that's it.

Look at the bright side; even with you partially paying attention you were able to stop just in time. Imagine if you would have noticed and predicted what he was about to do?

I'm a fucking phone poster and autocorrect is a bitch

>supperioriry

Ironic isn't it, you fuck.

Thanks for the advice ,the front pads and rotors were done approximately 3 months ago while the rear were done about a year ago, tires on the other hand are not the best (not slick or anything,there is plenty of thread but they arent from the best manfucaturer (Michelin,Continental,Goodyear,Pirelli...)). I wasnt using my phone and the music was off in the car. Every day i tend to do about half an hour of city driving and all was going well until this fuck up. The guy shouldnt even be stopping there as that lane is also used by public transportation (trolleybus). I kept 10 meters of distance from him but the guy stopped and turned his hazards on in a matter of like a second so that gap shortened in a ridiculously short time.

>guy shouldn't have

Doesn't mean he won't

>I kept 10 meters

Irrelevant without speed.

While driving in the city is slower than on the highway, the number of potential dangers are way higher. Just because you were going the minimum safe distance doesn't necessarily make it safe. A dog or child can pop the fuck out of no where causing others or yourself to SLAM on the brakes. I'd keep even more distance while city driving.

Also;

Drive according to your vehicle's own capability, not your own.

Too many people drive fast as fuck with awd but can't stop in time because AWD doesn't do jack shit in helping you stop.

Too many people roll over their SUVs because they think they can negotiate a turn at a high speed.

Too many people lose control in the rain because they drive the same as if it were raining (guilty of this myself)

You get the jist

It's not always possible, but when you can you should drive so that there aren't any vehicles directly beside you. That way you can still swerve out of the way more safely in emergencies if needed.

>Please give me some advice,
Maintain assured clear distance and focus more on the road

the fuck are you freaking out about you didn't get in a crash chill the fuck out.

No friends loser detected.

Have you given your lunch money to Brad yet, today?

This will happen to you about once every two weeks.
Drivers are fucking retarded and you should always make sure to keep your distance. Do not even think about the people behind you. Fuck them if they honk at you for stalling/getting off of first/etc. They can all go eat a bag of dicks. And please alwaya be careful. Specially if you are driving people. It is likely that you will eventually get in an accident. I hope you don't, but stats say otherwise. Just be mindful of your surroundings and always remember that every other driver is a fucking dipshit.

>8 days
Get ready to fuck up some more.

>be me
>driving home late at night with a friend
>had just one beer
>cruising behind an alfa doing 50 kmh
>enter blind corner leading into a T-section with a priority road
>usually no traffic on this road, especially this late at night
>afla brakes kind of late
>somehow its brake lights don't trigger the deep-rooted primal reaction it usually does in me
>takes so long for me to do anything that my fucking friend starts warning me about the impending crash
>HIT_THE_BRAKES.gif
>*sssscccrrreeeeeeeeeeeeccchhhhh*
>looks like I stopped an inch away from the alfa
>see the person inside the alfa move around his head trying to decide if something him
>thank my friend for saving me a whole lot of trouble

Don't worry OP. You know what they say: you only really start learning how to drive after you get your license.

>10 meters
The minimum safe distance we use is 2 seconds. For 10m to be 2 seconds you have to be going 18km/h.
In cities normal speed limits are round 50km/h, there you should keep about 30m between you and the car in front.

Watch your following distance and pay attention, do this and the above won't happen to you ever again

>got license but didn't drive for an year
>visit aunt in Germany
>she has a shitty alfa romeo 147 and lets me drive it home from the airport
>car drives like shit compared to the yaris I was used to on my driving lessons
>get to the weirdest roundabout I've ever seen
>two lane, super tight, on a sudden downhill, with stop lights in the middle, and with heavy traffic
>mint bmw m3 in front of me
>still try to keep my distance
>sudden red light and he has to stop
>think I'm a 4d chessmaster smartass in perfect sync with my vehicle
>start braking too late
>not used to the shitty brakes and they're not catching
>literally slam them in panic mode
>stop literally milimeters away from the bmw
>he let go of his brake to move a bit as well, and if he didn't I would have bumped into him
>lost all confidence that moment

Havent driven in a couple of years almost since that. Just can't imagine dealing with being the retard that rear ends someone's mint ride, for no reason at all, other than being careless and inexperienced.

Everyone else on the road is retarded, including yourself. With time you'll learn how to predict retarded moves based on what car they drive or the way they're driving. Car going below speed limit but not indicating? Might stop or turn somewhere suddenly, pay close attention and slow down a little bit. Always pay attention to your surroundings and always assume someone is going to fuck up somehow and learn how to deal with it.

Oh let me add that you'll eventually be more and more in sync with your vehicle so you'll eventually just memorize shit like braking distance in different conditions, how it handles and accelerates with just yourself in it or filled to the brim with people etc, just don't get scared of driving and keep practicing. As long as you follow the rules, or break them responsibly, pay attention and drive normally you'll be just fine.

everyone told you what to do next time, OP

now I am just here to call you a little sissy fuccboi bitch because you freak out like one over nothing

When I was still training I recall having a situation where a I got overtaken(In a city street) and then the guy immediately stopped to let out passengers.
I would have crashed into him if my dad had not seen him stop as in my head I assumed that if he overtook me he was in a hurry and would be way down the street.

hey i almost was in an accident today

i was trying to merge onto a back road thats partially obscured by foliage and construction. once i confirmed the road was good to go i proceeded to merge onto it when i suddenly hear screeching behind me from a car that was already on the road