google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Noob? Buy an SV650 or check these out:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Webms with sound:
Stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Outlaw-Racing-OR2380BK-Gear-Shifter-Lever-Pedal-Suzuki-SV650S-/181794460061
youtu.be/lIfcvC3e3KY
bikesales.com.au/dealer/OAG-AD-14792041/2011-Honda-CB400/?cr=0&psq=(((Service=[Bikesales]&(Make=[Honda]&Model=[CB400]))&((SiloType=[Dealer used bikes]|SiloType=[Demo & near new bikes])|SiloType=[Private used bikes]))&LearnerApproved=[Learner Approved Bikes])&pso=0&pss=Premium
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not gonna lie, I kinda dig the new goldwing.

How effective would a jar of homemade caltrops scattered in the road be at stopping a police cruiser?

How do you guys get that last bit of money to afford the CL bike you want?
Getting real tired of this 800page captchas...

y tho

Less effective than just opening up the throttle of a liter, and more of a crime if you get caught.

Go to settings and check "Legacy caphas"

I can't explain it. Same reason I am attracted to the triumph rocket 3.

Been told this, but never told how to access legacy settings. Thank you.

Not going to lie, I like the Bonnevilles.. Last time I said it, I got called a hipster, and I am far from it.

That's actually kinda cool though, gold wing is just a gross honda

the rocket has a cool ridiculous vibe and goes like hell, the Valkyrie/rune not so much

Straightening my shifter rod made the lever stop getting stuck when upshifting, but I couldn't get into 1st after I put it back together. Only neutral, 2nd and up.

Thought I put the pinch nut back on the shaft going into the engine rotated by a notch or something, so took it apart and messed with it, trying different pinch nut positions and different placements of the lock nuts on the rod, but nothing changed.

Now I'm thinking it's actually that the lever is running into a frame bolt (indicated in first and last pic) on the way down, limiting its range of motion (maybe it wasn't happening before because the connecting rod was effectively shorter when it was bent).

Given the frame scratches (first pic) it seems like the bike was dropped, bending the shift lever in and scratching the frame. From what I can tell, it's this lever ebay.com/itm/Outlaw-Racing-OR2380BK-Gear-Shifter-Lever-Pedal-Suzuki-SV650S-/181794460061 and it's not supposed to be as bent as it is.

I've never used a blowtorch and never heated and bent any piece of metal larger than a paperclip; how hard would it be to bend this back? I could get a torch, but don't have any vices or anything. I have pair of vice grips, various pliers and crescent wrenches, a ball peen hammer..

Also them cracks in my rearset mount... I'm thinking that's a high prio replace, right?

What bike this?

'05 SV650S

dont bend it, get a new mount. its aluminum and already fractured, tis trash

How did I know it would be a cheap poozuki

SV for the win!!!

That's not even the stock shift lever, it's the $15 Flea-bay replacement. It bent that far without breaking, it will likely bend back. And if it breaks, you get to wait for another $15 shift lever to arrive from i5motorcycle or equivalent ebayer.

I honestly regret selling this bike... I mean as fat as I am now, I think I could eventually just tough it out, and could have definitely had enough money for rent after a

ok so I can't read and you already noticed it's aftermarket. I still think you can just pull hard on it to set it right.

after moving*

how often do you gents wash your gear

In the summer, i used to wash my inserts every 2 weeks. But I live in KY, so summer lasts like 8 months out of 12. So pretty much twice a month when I had a bike.

If I want to get an adventure bike that is capable in the dirt (im a noob in the dirt so it doesnt have to be ridiculous, just capable) and also capable of highway speeds (80mph+), but I dont want to spend over $9k and I want as new as possible, how fucked am I?

Get a DR650 or a KLR650 if you don't feel like waiting for a DR under 3G's

just to make sure, those are two different things you're talking about, right?

>don't bend [the shifter]
and presumably get a new one?

>get a new mount, it's aluminium and fractured
well, yeah

mine seems like 22 or 30 bucks depending where you get it
>big difference, I know

>pull hard on it
>tfw i couldn't budge the shape of the connecting rod with vicegrips, had to hammer it
I'm pretty scrawny, heat will probably be required

>those black fairings just below the seat
previous owner didn't have them when i bought mine
they're not essential ofc but I kind of want to get a pair just for looks
buncha other things already in line for my wallet

Besides my riding jeans I never have.

man im almost tempted to wash after every wear, fucking california heat

I thought they were really annoying. To take off the seat you have to unbolt them, and to undue the tank, requires a completely different hex. Looks good, but annoying for maintenance.

I don't sweat very much, superior genes for the modern time.

At least it's a dry heat in Cali. Here.. it's like driving through 100+ degree soup. When I was at AIT in AZ, running felt okay because the breeze was cool and dry, but when I attempt what could be considered as running at KY, it's the worst experience ever. Driving with windows down is terrible, and riding a bike in the summer is just awful. Your love for bikes has to be greater than your discomfort for humid heat if you wear gear. In town I can only wear a helmet and some leather gloves, and hope my gf still likes me after I tear my skin of my arms and legs if someone rekts me.

youtu.be/lIfcvC3e3KY

Your average Honda rider.

yes yes, you hairless sweatless fags better count ur blessings

>didn't even warm the baiku up first
what an animal

My brother is like a sasquatch and balding while I have the body hair of a woman.

Should be happy. I sweat everywhere after a several minutes of activity. I just moved yesterday, had to take a break like 20 times and my arms were drenched. maximum weight moved up a flight of stairs was like a 100 lb dresser and I needed help. Sad state I am in.

i need more

I mostly swear from my head and back which is odorless as long as you clean yourself afterwards. Been very grateful ever since high school where i didn't have to shower with a bunch of naked dudes after gym class.

Of course it'll be odorless. Doesn't start smelling like BO until a few hours when bacteria has time to take a giant shit on your entire body.
>showering in front of a bunch of dudes
I was in the military, showering in front of guys was pretty normal, shouldn't have a prob with it unless you were gay to be honest.

wrong

Armpit sweat smells bad immediately

I work at temp agencies when I need extra cash.

Theres one in my city that pays 17/hour cash if you do overnights. Shit work surrounded by crackheads, but money is money.

>tfw spending 8 hours putting 24 packs of beer into promotion backpack/coolers

anyone use riders share to make money? is it worth it?

New bike

I love my bike too much to let her be thrashed by some noob

Those things look cool as heck. Price/stats?

so this is why yurocucks need licensing tiers LMAO

It's an almost mint condition 1997 with 37000 km, got it for 1900€. It's surprisingly capable both on and off road, I was in the twisties yesterday dragging footpegs, then tore it up a dirt road at almost dirt bike speeds, and it did it all without breaking a sweat.

covered by up to a million in insurance by the company though

I thought the front brake was rubbing but the wheel is still not free even with the caliper off
so either the bearings or shot or the spindle is fucked...?

I'm more worried about long term damage. How would you price that spun bearing was caused by somebody?

What's the longest distance you have walked your bike? I just walked my piece of shit drz 6 km.

Like 250m up a hill, bike weighs almost 500lb and I weigh about 140 though. Felt sick afterwards.

You break down or what? I definitely would have just paid for a tow at that distance.

just tried pulling it out, basically laid down on the floor of the garage with my feet against the frame and sumo deadlifted the lever

didn't budge, oh well

The carb is giving me trouble. It wouldn't idle and kept dying. A tow would have cost me $200 bc of these shitty predatory towing companies. I tried pulling it behind my civic with my bro driving but I dropped it within a min into the tow.

so, where do you get your parts?
think I remember an user saying that partzilla is pretty good and reasonably priced, but there was another site (maybe european) that had lower prices but higher shipping, so it was better if you were buying a lot of things at once (maybe it was a clothes site not a parts site though).

I've skitched by just holding onto the elbow of my bro before, just gotta take it slow.

Af1racing is great if they support your manufacturer.

about 4 or 5 miles
I was supposed to be at college but I was bunking off to go to a theme park
my scooter died on the way and I had to push it back to campus because my mum was going to kick me out if i missed any more lessons

I can't remember what was up with it, but I think I didn't put the tranny case back on right. The nut holding the flywheel on was rubbing against the cover, the nut wore down and the flywheel came off.
Made a proper mess and the nut had to be welded to a socket to get it off the crankshaft.
Good times.

>i have a jap big four, not a special snowflake bike, i should be fi-

thanks user

They also support EBR :^)

I did see that, and was mildly impressed

>valkyrie
>new

Pick one

I tied a strap to the back of my civic and tried to skitch but held it with my left hand on to the handle bar so when he started to move it caused the bar to fuck up and I fell. Bro got too sketched out by that and didn't want to try again. Would have been better if I wasn't an idiot and just held the strap in the center.

That sounds like a shit time m8. At least some parts of the route were downhill so I was able to just ride it down and use the built up momentum to push it with my right foot like a skateboard.

I had a bandit before this shit heap and I had to push that thing to a nearby tran station after I got into a crash. It took both my bro and I 1hr pushing it 3 km. The handlebars were proper fucked so it was hard to right the bike while pushing. Idk why I still ride bikes.

I dont even let friends ride my bike unless they already have a decent amount of experience on a liter bike, never mind some stranger.

Time for a fcr swap then, look at the brightside!

zx12r's
anyone own/have worked on one.
going too look at one soon.
mileage is good with no mods and 2006
opinions?

The euro site you're referring to is BurnOutItaly, which is a gear site. They don't carry any parts other than basic accessories like phone mounts IIRC.

They look super comfy

>spindle

The wat?

Anyways if your front wheel doesnt turn freely when jacked up then its the bearings.

Reminder that there were 0 casualties at 2 SEMs.
SEF died AFTER the first meet, riding on his own, thousands of km away from the meet.
RIP

Is the cb400sf a reliable cheap to rebair bike?

Trailer trash looking sluts just cheapen the look of the bike desu.

It's not a harley.

I don't know about cheap to repair but I don't know anyone who has ever had any problems wiht a CB400, ever.

And now Zero motorcycles, Beta and many others

>reliable
yeah
>cheap
not bad if you live in japan, se asia, or australia. otherwise you'll be importing it yourself
>cheap to repair
see above for importing parts too (shops probably won't have them on hand)

>reliable
No
>cheap
somewhat dependant on location
>repairs
Parts are unavailable since it was a grey import

>Parts are unavailable since it was a grey import
Wouldn't you just buy it new?
hey're like $10,000

>new
It's either a bike from the 70s or 90s depending on model
Where are you gonna get one from?

This is wrong.

user, the cb400 is barely legal in UK, Russia and straya
Unless for some fucked up reason you don't mean the SF
In which case it's still unreliable as fuck and parts will cost you a fuckton since it's a classic

I do live in Australia.

bikesales.com.au/dealer/OAG-AD-14792041/2011-Honda-CB400/?cr=0&psq=(((Service=[Bikesales]&(Make=[Honda]&Model=[CB400]))&((SiloType=[Dealer used bikes]|SiloType=[Demo & near new bikes])|SiloType=[Private used bikes]))&LearnerApproved=[Learner Approved Bikes])&pso=0&pss=Premium

There's almost 0 aftermarket for it too

What's wrong with it standard?

It's an old, outdated bike

>country of origin: japan
Do you not see now this is a problem?
Outside of Asia it's just not that common
Hell, for Russia and UK they imported 5 bikes

What's wrong with putting better parts on it?

>tfw my dad is thinking about buying me a Super Duke 1290R after I was swooning for it during a testride that I didn't even apply for

I never had anything expensive bought for me, this feels weird. I would sell my SV to dampen the blow but she has already 12k miles down and a dent in the tank.

>being a spoiled cunt

bantz

You should try riding a tuono. They're similar but most people prefer it over the duke. I hear it reliability can be iffy but the Aprilias are pretty good

Nobody likes the tueno, fuck of with your retarded aprilia fanboyism.