/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Morning Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>FFXiV Amazon Promotion April 25th - May 8th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/88d7bde755680b54588da68b55120b58004694f1

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/pM6ezqfC

Last time on /xivg/:

Post your crushes initials and race

Post fat cats.

/sexybulkg/ - F E M M E R O E S General

lf someone to date me ironically

Good morning gamers and gamer gals

We here at NO FUN ALLOWED are proud to continue to announce the launch of Balmung's ONLY all-inclusive Veeky Forums Free company!

We have:
- An open door policy to all Veeky Forums users!
- No overbearing social conduct rules!
- No voting on new members - all of Veeky Forums are welcome!
- Catgirls!(is this something to advertise?!)

For information PST to Adelais Auteuil, Zira'vek Kryor or Jesse Kringle or feel free to submit an application with "vg" in the contents.

Does anyone like sad catboys ?

Is there anything I can do to cheer you up? Being melancholic for extended periods of time is not good for you.

Putt regularly shits up the thread with his autistic screeching about Mado. I don't care if he has BPD, but if you want to recruit people from the thread, you need to start telling your current members not to be such shits. I get what you're trying to do and I respect your gumption, but you're doing the bare minimum to help yourself here.

The longinus is so fucking cool looking. It's a shame that the Zeta weapons are so painful to get.

I think none of the baloney on here really matters
Everything's fine and dandy in the fc, no problems still

Is that the aftermath of the wedlock?

Is he sad because he's a catgirl stuck in a catboys body?

lusty little lala ladies

You were still an idiot for letting Paks in, that alone steered people away from you. You made the right choice kicking them.

So as an EU player on Balmung how badly am I going to be shafted when the data center moves?

I really don't want to move considering I've made a lot of friends on this server, I don't wanna just suddenly have to abandon them.

Nah I'm not in traction, that guy just won't draw me a picture of a platypus.

I'll stick you in a dumpster and wheel it down the stairs of Mist till you fly off the jetty into the ocean!

I really would like everyone to be able to join. If it steered people away by giving them a small chance then too bad for them. If they don't want to join it's really skin off my back. Regardless of the amount of people we have, we still fulfill our purpose for those who need it.

No new information has surfaced but it just depends on your latency I guess. I'm already playing just under a number I'm willing to be ok with but don't know if I'm gonna want to deal with it jumping any higher. I don't know how the aussies put up with it.

The difference shouldn't be huge, but probably noticeable regardless. If you weren't using a VPN service before, you're going to need one now.

What are some not so obvious things I should do in prep for raining hemoglobin? I got about 15mil gil on me, around cap of every crystal, shard, and cluster, working on getting crafts as high as possible along with a decent level of desynth (to atleast be able to desynth leveling gear for mad profits), and I have one of every class archetype leveled and working on gearing it (smn, sch, drk) Im even working on minmaxxing my squadron.

Thank you for reminding me.

Please settle down I know that time of the month is hard on your body

What are your surefire red flags for shitty players? I'll start:
>character is a lala

>Salut/hi

People who judge others based on what race they choose to play rather than their actions as a person.

>Catboy anything but BRD, MCH, BLM
>slutglam anything
>tank with exposed skin and/or glasses
>female Au Ra tank

Only time of the month it is, is clobberin' time

>ywn be cool enough to hang with Eggy and Red
>missed their Eternal Bond ceremony

I get around 100ish latency as it is now and that's perfectly fine. I think 150 would be tolerable, dunno if I could deal with 200.

Guess I'll have to look into a VPN if it's really that bad after the move.

If my character has bad eyesight, what are their options other than to wear glasses?

Retire

Post the personal headcanons you have for your characters.

I want people to stop posting retard catboys that have 0 originality which is all of them.

i can't sleep
should I just stay up and play video games and power through work tonight?

Got the fuck to sleep.

My character is actually the book I wield and the caster holding it is one of the many casters that the book absorbed into itself that will manifest a caster of its choosing. I fanta a lot.

Just your average person trying to get by while in charge of a small ragtag group of fellow adventurers.

Fuckin ready for adventure

Please try and get some sleep. You'll thank yourself tomorrow. If you need help sleeping, you could try listening to something chill.

>slutglam anything
w-why?

Trying to think of a reason she would be out in Eorzea, from a bloodline of Hellsguard mercenaries repeatedly serving in the Garlemald military, spanning all the way back to when the Emperor first paid for spellcasters.

Any advice on inventory management when retainers are not an option?

There isn't any logic to their arguements, so i don't know why you would be upset. Go on and use your slutglam for whatever.
Don't store useless things.

To be fair that was my fault cause I scheduled it during US Fanfest because I'm retarded.

Having an icon with a green background to the left of your name but no icon of red/black naked men on your buff bar

Casting any sort of regen outside of combat

Well, I can't store anything at all. That's my issue.

>tfw keep sentimental items
It's either shit from my favorite content or what friends send me.

Don't hold onto things you're not going to use or sell within the next day or two. Vendor everything you don't need and remember that you can just get a stack of orange juice if you're holding onto a lot of different foods for the EXP buff.

Show me your retainer' s and your inventory.

If you're not using the retainer market slots, you can put stuff up for some ridiculous price to get extra 20 inventory slots per retainer.

I just said: no retainers.

Afaict, there's nothing I don't need. It all goes into crafting.

Vendor all the low level items you make since they'll generally be useless, unless you plan on leveling BSM or something to make main hands for all your other jobs. Always stay on top of things so it doesn't get cluttered. The moment you can make a new tier of gear for yourself, dump the old stuff(or convert it, I don't know if you have access to materia, but you get a challenge log thingie for affixing x amount of pieces to your gear and it's a nice source of cash early on).

You have two free ones, how are they not an option?

Hype for Friday!

What's everyone plans for today? I've just done shopping and bought some snacks and going to cook a lovely dinner and have a comfy evening playing FFXIV!

He has a trial account.

Do you not have retainers or your retainers are full? Dude there is no magical way around it, you have to vendor the useless shit and only keep the necessary. As someone who leveled every single crafting job with only two retainers thats all I have to tell you. NQ shit is not worth the inventory slot, some HQ shit are so cheap in the MB that are also not worth holding on to. I only hold on to things that are absolutely necessary.

The way my retainers are set now is:
One for tokens and things that I can't throw away like expensive materia
And the other for glamour, prism and dyes. And this one I clean every week because some glam are just not worth holding on to.

Other than that make sure to use your armory chest to its fullest.

Post your inventory. It isn't hard to maintain only your inventory. Keep quest items, maps, glamour prisms, and rare dyes and materials/materia. Food as well, but like raid food or crafting.

sleep then participate in degenerate stuff probably

>Do you not have retainers or your retainers are full?
Yes.

I have zero retainers and the retainer vocate tells me I can't hire any more than that.

Don't have access to the game right now, but most of it is crafting materials with a few equipment items that didn't fit into the armory chest.

Clean the house, try to do something nice for myself(still figuring out what), and maybe play some video games if I'm up for it. It's raining today and it's hard to force myself to not be angry at how sad and unmotivated I am to do much of anything or talk to anyone.

Well shit keep doing the story quest until you get access to the fucking retainers and stop worrying about stupid shit. If you're a trial then I don't even see the point of worrying about this shit, just buy the game dude and keep playing until you at least have retainers.

Don't keep anything that's cheap and easy to buy. Most leveling gear under 30 can be bought again and covert gear that is soulbound or whatever it is. If you are I'm a trial account forget dyes and prism. What's your goal with it anyways?

I have just acquired access to the fucking retainers, all zero of them.
And there is no point in me buying the game until I hit 35 in every class or they drop subscriptions.
Is there even anything to buy? I thought it's just the subscription, what with registering a trial account being completely free.

Hit 35 in every class, I guess.

You have to at least buy the base game, A Realm Reborn, and pay the subscription fee to have access to the full game. Heavensward will grant you access to Ishgard and the three expansion jobs, as well as Au Ra in character creation.

Chosen Warrior of Light

I don't need access to the full game.
Getting everything to 35 will keep me entertained long enough. It's just the lack of inventory space that's slightly annoying.

What's his name /xivg/

a real screaming retard

Yeah, that's gonna be a kicker for a while. Stay on top of your inventory and micromanage it like a mofo. You'll get there.

You look like a discount Rio.

Oh shit, it's the nefarious Midlander Pumper.

they don't look alike at all

odd change
even stay

I saw him with his brothers Fzxovcdof Prnlqwf and Kcvjalsd Vnkdbsc the other day, wearing hempen cowls and moving around at extreme hihg speed

I suppose not jumping between crafting jobs would be a good start.
If I sell most of my inventory, then pick one crafting job I want to focus on and gather materials for that, inventory space shouldn't be a problem, right?

At what point should I start being careful of what I sell?

35-40, generally. And yeah, you'll be fine if you concentrate on one crafting job at a time.

I miss wearing that armor sometimes.
It doesn't go with the Odin helmet.

I think it's one of the better armors from 2.0.

Are elemental crafts ever relevant again or are they just a passing lv35-45 meme?

You cannot "focus on" a crafting job. You will hit a hard wall at around 50

He can only level to 35, so it's fine.

So I don't need to be careful at all. That's a relief.

Just don't sell the elemental shards you get from quests and gathering, those are a bitch to get in large quantities the old fashioned way.

>purple D
nice

Dump everything that sells for peanuts (>2k per mat) or can be NPC bought. People hoarding shit like wolf fangs and dodo feathers while whining need to off themselves.

Post slutglams!

Why?

who's this meowboy

Damn, flew up four levels.
How many more are there, two?

Do you even have to ask that?

Well, yeah. But those don't take up any inventory space anyway.

Up to what crafting level do NPCs carry materials?

They are all so low level, you not touched those much?

The mission to hit First Lieutenant is at 40.

rip

>yfw Trump mains WHM