Shit thats auto sellers post that piss you off

i-i-i-ts all highway miles though

When will this shit die. Why tf do people say this. Is the potential buyer suppose to feel better or some shit because you claim is all highway driven. For one idgaf. Car still has 150k+,200k+ miles etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

fairbanks.craigslist.org/cto/6197749377.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They say city miles are a bigger stressed than highway miles, since city miles involves a lot more stoping, starting, and changing gears.

>youngfags
Doesn't it make sense to say stop and go driving puts more stress on an engine compared to maintaining a certain engine speed? The variables involved in stop and go do more damage than just loping along on the highway

Yes but to the buyer this is meaningless. This is a claim you cannot back up. Its basically feel good bullshit because you take the sellers word.

And? Essentially everything someone says on their CL post could be a lie. Your only option is to take a chance based on what the seller says and make an offer only when you can confirm in person that they're not bullshitters.

Son, when you're selling a car that has been driven as long as this one, you want to say anything to the buyer to go with the sale.

PRICE IS FIRM
PRICED TO SELL
I KNOW WHAT I GOT

200k millas todas las carreteras impulsadas. Algunos óxido bajo el cuerpo. I precio es firme sé lo que tengo

>picture in ad with their thumb covering the license plate
It literally takes 8 seconds to edit in a black box over the plate. you can even do it from your fucking cell. or better yet, take the damn plate off. I don't want to see your fat fucking thumb in a picture

the thumb will take up half the car in lel. so reatrded

I'm in the opposite situation right now. I've been trying to sell this project/parts car for about a month now. I can't believe how many texts I get for it from complete morons who never even read the ad or looked at the pictures.

I put in that the engine runs, but it's not safe to drive and I get asked
>I can test drive, right?
NOOOO.
>What color is it?
Are you blind?
>How bad is the rust?
ARE YOU BLIND? I put up pictures for a reason.
>How many miles is it?
Don't even get me started about the retards who will set a time and date to come see and never show up.

>they dont know what the ol thumb covering the license plate is actually used for

Enlighten us please

its for being a lazy fuck because you can put a rag over the plate or edit it out.

Anyways... I love when ppl don't cover the plates. I find the VIN and run a report. caught so many retards in lies.

"yea man this Tahoe has been in my senpai for 6 years, runs great"
-- Carfax "purchased April 17' from Shitbox Auto Auction.

y u lie boiii.

200k miles on a 15 year old bmw like pic related is not that much.
my buddys 2003 3 seties is currently at 690k miles.

That is a lot of miles. Especially for an M car

any ad that only consists of
>good condition.... runs and drives, clean title call me
bonus points for
>some problems but all easy fixes
>an entire daycares worth of shit in the back

>actually getting mad that they don't know now

Cause he doesn't want you to know that it came from the nearest natural flood disaster and it took him 3 weeks to find all the seaweed, and he had to dry all the electronics out with a hair dryer.

Yeah, I get it, people use it to show that they're white

but it doesn't fucking matter what race they are if they can't format an ad properly

1 careful lady owner

>yea man this Tahoe has been in my senpai for 6 years

What did he mean by this?

It's just sales bollocks, same as anything. If they reel 1 in 1000 fools in with their bullshit then it was worth them taking the time to say it.

A fool and their money etc etc

easy fix, I have the part. Just not time to fix it.

last week
>looking at a zr2 blazer
>kids like "yea the some dash pieces are out, its easy tp put back in was going to swap the radio"
>"well put it back in"
>kid - "give me an offer I don't feel like it,ill give you a deal--- sends a pic"
>fucking entire dash is out. Radio still isn't put back in.

TLDR: retard took apart entire dash plus more for a single din radio. Didn't know how to put it back together HAHA

pic related.

been in his famry*

Did they use that raggedy add vacuum actuated 4wd on those? God that system blows

even then. I see many blacks and non-white ppl do this as well. Ill trust a proper, well written ad with nice photos over "durr hurr muh man white. he a good ol' boy" yeaaa rreeeeee.

you can easily pick out the dumbasses because they cant spell, take awful photos and include little to no info besides.

>r-runs good. nice car.

Why do people even blur out their license plate while selling on CL..?

In my experience the most obvious way to find out if someone is trust worthy is to see if they actually own any equipment used to maintain a bike. I'm sure this applies to cars as well.

For instance I bought a ninja 250 from a guy who was Mexican, but he lived in an upper class neighborhood, the bike looked mint, ran mint, and he gave me some oil filters, brake fluid, etc. So I knew he took care of the bike.
He also let me cold start it legitimately, which is rare.

It's more about neighborhood and income than race imo, and even then I'd value someone who had more shit bought to maintain it.

Your the 280 guy right i saw you in a thread earlier

>a/c just needs a recharge

Well fucking spend the 50 bucks and charge it you fuck

This one bugs me most. It's obviously leaking or broken.

I have a beat to hell '02 Ram 1500 with 180k miles on it. It needs an O2 sensor replacement and I think a new battery now, A/C hasn't worked for years. Should I try selling this on Craigslist or should I just take whatever a dealer is willing to give me?

>Should I sell it on Craigslist and potentially get a more money
>or get fucked by a dealer

the choice is obv.

This can't be real

A dealer's gonna give you like $500 max

Do you think even with it's issues and rust and shit Id be able to get like 1500 or something? Private party fair on kbb has it at 2300 on the low end

Yes. hahah

>X is broken
>I have the part but just dont have time to do it
>Its an easy fix

>Is worth maybe $500
>Needs an "O2 sensor and a new battery"
>do you think I could get $1500 selling to some rube?

Maybe you could get $1800 if you put in the $80-$100 for a new O2 sensor and battery you fucking nigger. But you know that probably won't fix the truck problems and you're just pulling some cheap feel good diagnosis out of your ass.

You could probably get $1000 playing it honest

id be happy if I got $1000.

dont expect anything over $1500

>just testing waters

yeah for blazers/s10's you have to take apart the front of the dash to change a radio

yea but he took a ton of other shit apart and still couldnt put it back together. lol

>Lady driven

I'm not turned off by high mileage as long as it has been maintained that's what you're suppose to do nothing is fucking bulletproof

>cars runs great
>just needs a new battery
I've contacted three different seller telling them I would supply a battery to test drive their car. Not a single one has ever gotten back to me. I guess they hope some random retard will just take their word for it and buy it without every driving it, I'm guessing it must work.

> I've got 3 other people looking at this car.

It's pretty useless, but it tricks normies, so eh. Highway kms are better, but that also means more rock chips and scratches on the paint.

My cars literally driven in highways (ie 100km/h or more) like 80% of the time it's on. It's at 130,000km, but if I were to sell it (not that I ever would), there's no way I can expect more than the value of a car driven that much. Sellers like to think they can get a car driven half that if it's Highway driven.

Sell it to a Mexican.

Dead serious. They pay cash and will pay more than some old dipshit buying for his 16 year old shithead kid who'll try to negotiate or the fuckin' Pollock who wants to feel like he's getting a deal and the Indians who are the worst humanity has to offer when it comes to capitalism. Mexicans are fine as long as you don't say shit.

>deliberately take pics in retarded lighting to hide swirls, rust and scratches
>take interior shots from the passenger side so you can't see bolster wear on the seats

What's even the point? You're just wasting everyone's time who comes out to see it. They are going to get there expecting a much better car, then immediately turn around once they realise it's a huge piece of shit.

You know how gas can generators run for 50+ years, 24 hours a day, but a four stroke race engine will die in a few months?

A well designed engine will handle any amount of runtime just fine, but some things, like continuous cranking with an A/F/S problem, high revs/load when cold, excessive heat, etc, will wear them down prematurely.

And stacy who pulls out of her driveway and instantly floors it onto the 45mph B road she lives on does what? And mary who lives in a suburb and spends five very relaxed minutes of putting around until she gets to a highway on ramp and slowly works her way up to 65mph does what?

I'd sooner buy mary's car with 300k miles on it than stacy's car with 50k.

HOly shit this can't be real

I can't stand when half the pictures are just screencaps of snap chat messages they sent with captions like "new parts on bae"

fairbanks.craigslist.org/cto/6197749377.html

>stacy's car with 50k.

I see you've met my sister in law, aka reason #1 for always buying a new car.

>not in any mood to sell just seeing what's out there
Why the fuck are you listing it then?

what do Indians do ?

Be cheap, haggle, rule/value lawyer and act upset/as if they're being cheated even when the deal is square. You should always expect haggling to an extent but they're unreasonable about every part of their transactions and generally annoying.

>147k miles on my 2012 Civic
>yes i drove it around the city all the time
>that would be 57 city miles a day, every day, for 5 years

or it could be that i make trips up and down the coast and have a 60 mile daily commute

also, it runs just as well as the day it left the factory

F a m gets word filtered to "senpai" because the autistic mods don't want mainstream slang because muh 4chin culture

325i?

What.
the.
fuck.

>No info or price
>very vague description in comments
>high price in comments after vague ass description

Wew

>Severna Park
Ugh, fuck the 410

Fucking Cubans.
Buying a used car in Miami is suffering. Finally settled for a 98 Altima GXE. Pretty happy with the black turd, but god damn FUCK those lying balseros.

>howdy honda
Oh shit that's right down the street from me

>one woman driver

I am less likely to buy your car if the ad says this.

>I dont need help selling

or

>not in a rush to sell
bumps his ad every fucking day

330d touring 6 speed
it's his daily

This is like those basic bitches on facebook who post vague shit and have desperate losers fawn over them.

what kind of camera took that

>title in hand
I would fucking hope so. Easiest way to spot an auction vehicle

>call about a car
>ask if there is money owing on it, they say no
>go look at the car
>they dont even have the title papers, its their company car

What's the problem with auction cars?

confiscated by finance companies when people cant pay repayments

If I had a penny for every pixel in this picture, I'd be down 17 pennys

>and it starts with a B too
That's my state and that's not something you see every day

My friend is looking at an 09 Civic Si that's been at auctions two or three times. Has some weird 2-3 month owners and six overall. Clean carfax though. Only 90k miles and looks great for $8k. Is that too weird to be legit or are there seriously that many owners who can't pay off an aging civic?

>waaaa can't use my shitposting twitter speak garbage anymore waaaa
The word filter was the only good thing the mods have done in years

Holy shit

IT got filtered because the constant autistic use of it you retard newfag.

Who fucking knows man. Just tell your friend to find another car, it's not worth it

Why cant this guy clean his fucking disgusting nails before putting his fat thumb in the picture?

Thumb in the picture is a subtle way of letting people know you're white without outright saying it. People prefer to do business with whites

You the guy from /osg/ posting pics near PG5

Shit that's fucking smart. Thanks for the tip.

An A/C never "just needs a recharge". That's always a temporary fix and you'll blow your condenser not long after.

guys who do that don't actually want to sell. they want compliments and sweet talk and "oh my god take my money your car is so fuckin' rad".

RAN WHEN PARKED
A
N

W
H
E
N

P
A
R
K
E
D

>Female owned!

>looking at car ad
>see non-white thumb
>nope

anyone else do this?

>post a car for sale
>leave it fucking dirty

WHY

I despise these people.

>car is literally FULL of garbage from the floor to the roof
>obviously it hasn't been driven in some years because it's physically not possible
>overall awful condition for a shitbox worth $500 tops if it actually ran
>$2000 obo
Why