Painting Diogenes in the middle

>painting Diogenes in the middle

raphael was a fucking memer

Never knew. Diogenes exemplifies how a philosopher should be, though.

Diogenes was a loser.

Why should Diogenes care what you think? Diogenes is dead.

kek

HE'S A GOOD MAN LEAVE HIM ALONE

can you nerds bring me up to speed on whats up with diogenes?

The only NEET who ever did anything worthwhile.
Told society to fuck off and lived in a giant urn. Wits of bronze, balls of steel.

The first shitposter

Yeah? That doesn't detract from his statement.

>plug a chicken

me on the left

Hated how superficial society was and how unnecessary everything is.

Alexander the Great thought he was so rad that he wanted to be him

bronze is a shit metal desu senpai

a tongue of silver, and balls of steel is a better fit

>"society is so unnecessary qq"
>he says while living safely in a society-built barrel in a societal city free from dangerous animals or enemies or exposure to the elements

>Plug a chicken

Precisely the point.

You need to lose to understand loss. No deep philosophy ever came from easy living.

How can I find out who is who?

>Dis messij was brot to yuo by :DDDD de filosofigal foundayshun of Spurdo ;DDDDDD

The wikipedia page denotes it for you.

Diogenes is the one chillin' like a villain on the stairs reading that paper, to the right of Aristotle.

If Diogenes was alive today he'd be an /r9k/ poster like me :D

Wait so Plato is Leonardo, Heraclitus is Michelangelo, Plotinus is Donatello and Raphael himself is at least three guys? What a master shitposter!

>Diogenes
>a whiny manchild

He'd fit right in /s4s/ or classic /jp/ though.

I don't think he argued it was unnecessary, just that many of its trappings were pointless, and that its decadence was damaging to the pursuit of virtue.

If Diogenes did even use a bowl I seriously doubt he'd use a computer.

>using a bowl
>when cupping your hands work just as fine

Diogenes was right you know

and Aristotle his Nichomean ethics).
The characters attributed to Plato and Aristotle are holding their own titled books if you look in the more detailed and higher res pics (with Plato holding Timaeaus and pointing to heaven for the forms; while Aristotle is holding his Nichomean ethics and is pointing to the physical world in front of them)
Diogenes' attributed character is lying in a inconvenient spot and showing disregard to others, as obvious with the woman pointing towards him. There's really no other infamous Greek philosopher as to do such anti-social behavior besides for Heraclitus, who is much lighter in his beliefs in those regards and was never said to have actually act out on them like Diogenes (whose essential point in his philosophy is to actually act out on your theories and not postulate your life not doing them).
Socrates (the old man adjunct to the younger armored man) is also easy to identify as, as he's wearing a modest and simple robe (no special or multiple colors; green is a easy dye to make and to last in color without fading) with the fact he's depicted as snub-nose and kind of ugly (which is what tradition describes of his appearance). He's also shown as a interlocutor in the group, which is something that he's obvious known for.

Older guy in the bottom right is probably Euclid as he's using that math tool in front of students of various ages. Avester is probably the guy holding the sphere. There's a few others who can be identified by their details but not as significant as those I just mentioned in accuracy.

It's something Diogenes would do, not to give a fuck about the importance of where he happens to be or what's he's obstructing. He just is.

I'd like to know who this guy is though.

Middle of what?

Its Michelangelo as some mathematician phoilosopher

Someone post the basketball edit.

Was going to, but I only have this one.

Underrated post

kek

this

Parmenides