Holy shit!

Holy shit!

Americans are not allowed to have passengers drink while driving?

youtube.com/watch?v=lVo7YxgXuNU

>america
>free

Not sure about other states, but we can in Virginia...

Yeah, any open container is against the law, even if it was a can some hobo tossed into your car 3 weeks ago but you are too filthy of a nigger to clean out.

The police in the USA now, almost exclusively exist to bust drivers for DUI.

So, cops receive revenue on the fines they levy, a fine for speeding like 20mph over the limit on the highway is like, $250, a fine for drinking with a BAC of 0.08% is $10,000. Traffic cops exclusively pursue DUI offenders, nothing else in the traffic code is worth their attention, they can pass up 30 tickets for speeding but nail one dipshit driving away from a bar with a mis-calibrated Breathalyzer and they profit more from the latter

Result is ultra-quick 90mph cruising speeds in the left lane during the day on the interstate. 7 cops on average waiting outside any place that sells alcohol after 5pm for some dipshit to forget to signal.

Allowed in TN too.

>20mph over in VA also gets you a reckless driving charge. Yay.

Ahh. Didn't mean to green text that...

Basically, the cops can't tell if the driver or someone else was doing the drinking, so they've forbidden everyone in the car from doing it. There, problem solved.

Like a lot of things, it depends on who you are, how hard up the cop is to meet his quota and what mood he's in, as to whether he'll enforce it or not. If you're black, it's the end of the month and you're all mouthy at him, well, I guess that's a jailin' for you...

This explains a lot. On every US highway, people always go about 20-30mph over the limit. It's not uncommon to blow past a cop while speeding but they won't bother pursuing.

In Virginia, passengers are permitted to drink, but cops can still breathalize the driver.

>On every US highway, people always go about 20-30mph over the limit.

Exaggeration much? More like 10-15 over.

or you know use the breathalyzer to fucking test the driver in the car, god fucking damn it why is this retarded mentalilty even a thing

Laws move slower than technology does. Really really slower.

And it gives the cops an excuse to get you on something and take money from you too in the form of fines and whatnot. The "just us" system needs billable hours, that's all it cares about.

lol, the reporter actually sounds drunk.

What is it with them and their exaggerations?

>Everyone drives 30 over
>The average car has 400hp
>The average American makes $200,00 a year
>The average American dick is 6" long

That's true for any civilized part of the country...

I personally drive 10 over, drive a car with 306 hp, make a shit salary, and have a 6.5 penis.

The speeding thing isn't an exaggeration where I live. I'm in Texas and people on highways constantly go at minimum 15 over in the left lane. Out in less populated areas people will frequently go 100+ because there are so few people on the road.

Did you miss the part where he said "on every US highway"? Rural Texas has some of the highest speed limits in the country. That's an exception, not the norm.

>find out it was legal to drink an alcoholic beverage while driving here as long as you are under the limit
>start having a beer every day on the drive home from work
>got pulled over a few times, cops saw open can in holder but said nothing as I was under the BAC
>get into argument at work about the legality of drinking while driving
>decide to look the issue up further
>turns out they changed the law back in 2010 and made it illegal

Either the cops who pulled me over had more important shit to worry about or they knew even less of the law than I did.

You're a long way from /b/, frogposter. Get lost.

Not just that, but doing 80 regardless of the posted limit is automatically reckless.

Fucking hate this state so much

this is actually pretty true

I had some cops pull me over for speeding but they wanted to make me do the walk and all the other dui tests instead. I passed the dui tests fine so they let me go. They could've easily given me a speeding ticket.

LOL yea you can you fucking retarded eurocuck. You faggots still drinking the fake news kool-aid?

Missouri allows passengers to have an open container too. I live on the east side of Kansas though and we don't allow passengers to have an open container.